Mystery Angel ( Book 3)

By Loveth58

Michael had a terrible past. A past that ruined him. A past he wished to forget. A past that made heaven deni... More

Author's Note
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34( Epilogue)
Author's Note

Chapter 18

28 3 9
By Loveth58

Jessie sat on her bed whilst she watched her sister sleep. It was a rough night for them since Sunshine woke up so many times because she had nightmares. Jessie sighed as she stood up from the mattress and made her way to the bathroom. She closed the door quietly so as not to wake her sister up. She knew her sister needed all the rest she could get.

When she entered the bathroom, she stared at her reflection in the mirror, and a smile crept on her lips. She recollected the kiss she had shared with Michael. It wasn't her first kiss, though, but it was the best kiss she had ever had. She remembered the way Michael's lips pressed against hers. 'What are you doing, Jessie?' She knew Michael had a soulmate but couldn't deny the feelings she had for him. She was aware that her feelings for Michael would be crushed if he found his soulmate. 'God help me when that happens.'

Jessie thought of a way to help her sister through her nightmares, but she couldn't come up with anything logical. Feeling annoyed, she turned off the shower and dried her body before she walked out of the bathroom. When she entered the bedroom, she saw her sister up and seated on the bed, staring at nothing.

Jessie shook her head slightly before she put on her clothes and joined her sister on the bed.

Sunshine met her sister's eyes and gave her a tiny smile.

"Good morning."

"Good morning to you too," Jessie answered cheerfully. "You know you can still get some more sleep." She looked at her sister's tired eyes, but Sunshine shook her head. "Alright, go take your bath, so we can go downstairs for breakfast."

Sunshine stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom. A few minutes later, she was dressed, and they headed downstairs.

When they reached down, breakfast wasn't served. So, Jessie figured Elena was still in the kitchen. "Go sit in the living room while I go help Elena out with preparing breakfast."

"Let me come with you," Sunshine said

"No, go and sit down."

"But-"

"Don't argue, Sunshine."

"Hey, what's going on?" Michael asked

"Nothing. Sunshine is just stubborn."

"I'm not stubborn."

"Leave Jess alone and come with me to the living room."

"Did you just call my sister Jess? It's that your nickname for her?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe," Michael said with a smile as he looked at Jessie, who was staring at him. He winked at her before he grabbed Sunshine's hand and walked to the living room.

"Jess," Jessie whispered with a smile before she left for the kitchen.

"Good morning," Elena greeted when Jessie entered the kitchen.

"Good morning."

"How was your night?"

"Not too good."

"Sunshine is still having nightmares, right?"

"Yes. Honestly, I don't know what to do. It's telling on her. She is looking pale, and she's no longer the cheerful person I once knew."

Elena nodded her head. "I think you should take her to the hospital."

" I have thought about that, but I doubt that will be possible. They will think my sister is crazy if she begins to speak about demons. To other humans, demons don't exist."

"That's true," Elena agreed. "I will talk to Raguel, and I'm positive he might know an angel from heaven who can help Sunshine."

Jessie's eyes lit up when she heard what Elena said. "Really? You will do that?"

"Of course, Jessie. Sunshine is still a child, and she does not deserve to go through hard times."

"Thank you, Elena."

"You are welcome." Elena pulled Jessie into a hug.

Jessie was truly grateful her paths crossed with the Angels. Since the first time she stepped into their house, they had offered her help. She pulled back from the hug and wiped the tears from her eyes. "Thank you," she whispered.

Elena squeezed her hand gently and nodded her head in acknowledgment.

Breakfast was served, and the entire family sat to eat their meal. Jessie would discreetly glance at Michael, but every time she looked at him, he was already looking at her. She smiled and averted her gaze.

*****

After breakfast, Jessie helped with dishes and headed to the living room to take a seat with the rest of the family. After a while, she decided to go to her bedroom. "Hey, Sunshine. I'm going upstairs. Do you want to join me?"

Sunshine shook her head, and Jessie smiled at her before she left the living room. She laid on her bed for a few minutes before she heard the door creaking open. "I thought you said you were not coming."

Jessie turned and saw Michael standing inside the room instead of her sister. She quickly stood up from her bed and watched Michael close the door before he walked to where she stood.

"Hi," Michael said before he pulled Jessie into a hug.

"Hey," Jessie whispered.

Michael pulled back from the hug and stared lovingly at Jessie

"Do you want something?" Jessie asked.

"Yes."

"What is it that you want?"

"You," Michael whispered.

Jessie's heart jolted in excitement. "Really?" She wrapped her arms around Michael's neck.

"Yes," Michael whispered, glancing at her lips.

"Sunshine can come in at any time," Jessie warned.

"She will not be coming in."

Jessie raised her eyebrow at him. "Did you talk with her?"

"Yes." Michael shrugged.

Jessie did not bother to ask what Michael said to Sunshine. She quickly pressed their lips together. She pulled Michael closer and pushed their chests together. Blindly, they moved backward, and Michael's back was pressed to the wall with Jessie devouring his mouth. Jessie's hand was about to slide under Michael's shirt when they heard a knock on the door.

Jessie looked at Michael. "I thought you said Sunshine would not be coming any time soon."

"I thought so, too."

"To be continued," Jessie whispered and kissed him before she opened the door. Whom she saw standing outside her door surprised her. She glanced at Michael, who was attempting to straighten his clothes

Raguel looked from Michael to Jessie before his gaze settled on Jessie. "I want to talk to you."

"Okay," Jessie answered.

"I will excuse the two of you." Michael hurried out of the room

"Do you want to sit?"

"No, I won't take too much of your time." Raguel remained quiet for a while, which made Jessie nervous. He cleared his throat before he spoke up, "Elena told me you need an Angel who can speak with Sunshine. Well, I have got one."

Jessie's eyes brightened up. "Thank you."

"You are welcome. He will be here tomorrow."

"Okay."

Raguel didn't waste any more time standing. He turned and left.

****

Michael sat in the living room, waiting for Raguel. He knew Raguel deduced everything because of the way he looked at them Jessie's room, and he didn't need a seer to tell him what had happened there. He sighed. "I never wanted him to find it out like this." Michael heard footsteps and immediately straightened himself, ready for Raguel's questioning.

"I need to talk to you. Outside," Raguel said sternly.

He turned and walked outside, with Michael following closely. When Michael turned after shutting the door, he saw Raguel looked furious.

"What the hell are you doing, Michael? I knew you had feelings for her, but I didn't expect you to act on It. What will happen if your soulmate happens to show up? What do you think will happen to Jessie and you? You are going to hurt Jessie very badly, Michael. Why did you do this?"

"I didn't do anything wrong, Raguel. I truly care about Jessie, and I'm not going to hurt her."

"What about when you find your soulmate?"

"I don't have one."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I did something when I was in Heaven, and I was deprived of having a soulmate as the consequence of my actions."

"What did you do?" Raguel watched how difficult it was for Michael to open his mouth.

Michael slumped into a nearby chair. He leaned forward and placed his head in his hands. His voice cracked as he struggled to explain every detail to Raguel. He sniffed between words as it got harder for him to form a sentence, but eventually, he was able to tell Raguel everything.

Raguel was dumbfounded by what he heard. It was painful for him to see Michael so wounded. All he could do was embrace him and let the torrent of his tears soak through his shirt. "What you did was wrong, but Heaven denying you of a soulmate was a bit too extreme."

"I deserve it."

"No, you don't. And I'm so sorry for always reminding you of something you don't have. I can't imagine what you must be going through every time I talk about your soulmate."

Michael shook his head. "Don't apologize. There was no way you would have known had I not told you."

"I should have been more observant."

"I hid it very well."

"I'm sorry you had to go through this alone."

"I was not alone." Michael didn't see any need to keep more secrets from Raguel. "I had Samuel guarding me in every way he could."

"Samuel? But he said he didn't know you and that you only offered to help him when he was looking for Elena."

"He lied because I asked him to. Samuel was the one who raised me after what happened."

Raguel nodded his head and remained quiet for a while before he spoke up, "So, Jessie." Raguel raised his eyebrows. "Are you two a couple now?" Raguel grinned.

"Not yet."

"What are you waiting for to make it official?"

"I haven't told Jessie how I feel about her yet."

"Do it soon."

"I will." Michael smiled. He was happy he had told Raguel everything. His chest felt lighter. Now, he didn't have to hide anything from Raguel.

So Raguel now know the secret Michael has been hiding. I know you all are curious to know what his secret is, but not to worry it will be revealed soon to you all!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.8K 8.5K 35
All Uriel wanted was to be loved... When heroes start to tell lies, even to themselves: Uriel. She's spent thousands of years fighting against her de...
766 77 10
A freak accident at Chloe's seventeenth birthday party reveals her psychic abilities, and the community responds by condemning her as a witch who mus...
1.7K 109 27
Our souls travel, and sometimes we will find them not where we stand, but someplace else. Silver has thought her trip was to discover Seoul the city...
43 0 9
There was a time when Angels and Demons were mere legends. Now Earth is the battleground, and the human population is in the middle of it all. As the...