The Burlington Academy Boys

By ActuallyitsAnonymous

Frances Morris' life is about to change. After finding out about her step mom's plan of sending her to a boar... More

The Burlington Academy Boys
Previewwwwwww
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Eleven

3.4K 119 19
By ActuallyitsAnonymous

Chapter Eleven:

Hayley Jeanette Tomlinson.

That is her name. No, she is not related to Louis Tomlinson of One Direction. She was the best friend of the boys. Died in a car accident where Etienne was the only person who survived. Euan told me that everything changed after she died. It seems like her departure had affected the boys so much. As fatal as it sounds now that Euan narrates me the story, this is how it all began. How one single piece of a whole revealed the rest. How one who loses the only thing that keeps him alive.

It was all because of love.

It's funny how a four - lettered word could change the whole world. Ever since my parents got divorced, I always thought that love will come as it is. It will come to the right people, the perfect match, and all those other bullshits. My heart gave up on the existence of true love. If there is love, then why did my parents' marriage ended in ashes? Harry reassured me that it still exists. Mom and dad weren't just for each other. That's why they ended.

And so does Hayley. None of the boys is her one great happily ever after. Fairytales are nothing but a load of bullcrap. Everything doesn't end in happily ever after. Right after that phrase lies the real roller coaster of events of every story. Elliot, Francois, Xavier, Sebastian, Euan, Helios, and Etienne are not for Hayley. Love is for the perfect match.

"So, what comes after this? Are we going to spend our weekend here?" Elliot asked, as everyone filed inside the farmhouse.

"On a Friday night - Oh, it's already Saturday. Yes, we are staying here for the weekend." Sebastian said.

12:30 in the morning we are all up. Honestly, all I want to do right now is fall back into my bed and sleep the night- rather, morning- away. But that's certainly not the choice here. I, the lady of distress, is stuck with hormonal teenage boys who are emotionally fucked up right now. Excuse me for my derogatory language. This is just me when I'm so pissed. I do not mean the British definition of pissed as in drunk, but pissed as mad. Why do I have to be caught up in their drama? I went to London, England to study my last year in high school. Instead, I came face to face with a new education system wherein I'd have to adopt, a lot of boys, and the cool accent of people from here. I may hate Stephanie for sending me here. But I also have to despise her for buying my plane ticket.

All I want to do right now is look for the nearest airport and go back in California where the only problem I'll be facing is how to avoid my father and his clingy wife. If I had wings like Maleficent, I will fly towards America. I just want to stay away from all this trouble. I want it to end.

"I'll stay with Francois in our usual room. I'm calling it a night, mates." Etienne said, climbing the stairs towards the rooms upstairs.

"Etienne won't you help us sort the house first?" Elliot called after him.

To his dismay, Etienne replied by slamming the door.

"Etienne's right. We could sort the house tomorrow. Let's all call it a night. Bree, take Frances to your room." Xavier said, sighing exasperatedly.

Hell on the other hand is missing. Where could he be? I may have been a bit mad for what he had done a while ago but he's still a friend. Even though he doesn't consider me as one.

"Let's go," Bree said, ushering me to come after her.

We ascended the wooden staircase, every step creating a creaking sound. I wonder how much fun they had in this house. It seems they really had great memories here. Upstairs, is a small corridor where exactly two people could fit. Every door is painted white with a silver doorknob. The wallpaper is cream colored giving the house a bright aura. On the walls are various paintings in different portrait sizes.

Bree and I stopped in front of the second door on the right corridor. There are about four rooms in this floor. Inside the room is a queen size bed with pink floral sheets and white walls. The floor is carpeted in a fuzzy beige carpet with light pink throw pillows lying on the foot of the bed. On the corner is a small french window. The side table has a lot of pictures of the boys, Bree, and Hayley.

"Pink and white. This is so Hayley. She decorated this room." Bree said, smiling sadly.

"What kind of girl is she?" I asked.

Bree laughed and slumped on the bed. "She's as British as she could get. Mostly, she was fun. Carefree and sweet that girl. She's addicted with teas and butter cookies. And very in love with Etienne."

Very in love with Etienne. Why is there a nagging feeling somewhere in my chest? So what if they were together?

"I need to change." I said, changing the topic.

Bree rose up from the bed and went over to the closet. She handed me a pink shirt and grey sweatpants.

"The bathroom is beside the staircase below." Bree said.

I nodded my head then went out. Outside stood Etienne fresh from the kitchen. He stared at me with a pained expression. It's as if I was a very big heartbreaker.

I blinked at him then went down to change. After changing, I decided that I'm going on a walk outside. It seems like there's a lot of tension inside that house and I wish to get out of it.

The fireflies outside lights the whole farm along with the light from the posts. I noticed a small light coming out of a tree from a distance. Is there another house here? I went inside the house and got a flashlight from the cupboard and headed out. I passed by the grassy pathway. It seems like anytime a rapist would jump on me with the tall grasses here but I didn't even decide on coming back. This is way better than staying in house filled with mourning people. Finally, I got by the tree. There's a ladder.

My inner Nancy Drew got the best of me and I climbed the ladder. It lead me to a treehouse. Hell sat by the edge of the tree house. His head on his arms.

"Is this where you disappear every night?"

He laughed his voice echoing through the whole treehouse. "She said the same thing when she found out about the this treehouse."

I grunted. "God, all of you just can't stop talking about that Hayley girl. What's with her-"

"She is not as annoying as you are." Hell said, cutting me.

I slumped down next to him. "Gee, thanks."

This treehouse has a breathtaking view of the farm. I could see the vast land, the house and the barn from the distance. And somewhere around the view is the city lights.

"Nice view you have here." I complimented.

"The best." He said.

"What's the deal with you and Etienne?" I asked.

Hell glared at me. "It's none of your business."

"Oh come on! You won't fight back like that if there was nothing! Besides he won't be so defensive when you kissed me." I said.

Hell rolled his eyes. "You're so annoying."

I laughed. "But at least I'm beautiful."

Helios looked at me in a way that says, "Are you kidding?"

"Oh don't look at me that way." I said.

He laughed then buried his face on his arms. This is the usual Helios.

"I'm scared." He said, his voice muffled through his arms.

"Of what?" I asked him.

Silence followed afterwards. The crickets that surrounds the farm create music. Fireflies shine above us. Euan was right. The farm is magical.

"Of falling without someone catching me."

Right then I understood. He wasn't just a mysterious boy. He was him right now. And it was a pretty sight.

"Well it is your fault for falling. You boys are so stupid. I thought girls are supposed to fall in love easily?" I said, shaking my head.

"I'm not in love." He said.

I smiled secretly. Only Helios would be so damn confusing. "Then what's with the 'I'm scared' shit?"

He looked at me with a poker face. "I'm just saying my fear."

"Is there a phobia for love?"

"I don't know. Love isn't really a fear. Rather, you shouldn't be afraid of it."

I sighed, "Then why is the world so afraid of love?"

"They aren't. People are just afraid of getting hurt." He said.

"Bullshit." I said.

"Bloody hell, you are annoying Frances." He said, annoyed.

I laughed at him. Him calling me Frances isn't a usual. I really have to laugh at this one.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing. It's just that it's funny hearing my name like that." I said.

"What? It's quite unique. It's not a very common name. I don't really hear it often." He said.

"I was named after a poet's second wife. My father loved Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poems. Especially the one dedicated for his second wife Frances Appleton, "The Evening Star". He admires Longfellow's love for her." I said.

Now that I think about it, what if dad is really in love with his second wife like how Longfellow loved his'? Impossible. Or maybe I'm just blinded by my fury to even see it. I guess the only way to find out is by coming home on Christmas.

"Let's go back. It's getting really late." Hell said, standing up.

He extended his hand out on me. I took it and stood up.

"It is late. It's two o'clock in the morning."

"Whatever."

That morning, I slept peacefully. Maybe talking to Hell helped me adjust from all this Hayley mystery. And after a very long time, I spent some time with him.

------------------------------

Just reminding you guys, this is a fictional story. So this is mostly composed of my opinions. Helios in this chapter! How was it? I finally gave you a Hell chap! Woooohooooo! Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment!

Question of the Chapter: what will happen next?

One Direction reference! By the way, I'm still sad about Zayn leaving :( But as his fans, we must support and understand him...
Picture of Sebastian played by Cameron Dallas

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 7.9K 105
Previously known as Knew It (A peaceful nightmare) Highest-ranking- #2 in teenfiction - #1 sadness Love is a game, wan...
58 0 38
Brooklyn falls hard for Trent. A bad boy skater boy in the late 90's. Her father sends her away to live with her aunt to keep them a part. After...
46K 528 18
**No new chapters will be posted** BDB. Billion Dollar Boy. Six wealthy, attractive, muscular boys known for using girls only for sex. Typical, clic...
178K 3.7K 10
Scarlett is a sweet girl but with both parents deceased and surrounded by a unfamiliar pack full of hate how is she gonna survive? Update:Nov 2022 Bo...