Please Believe Me

By Beautyinbooksblog

Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's onl... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Madison
Chapter 2 - Madison
Chapter 3 - Maxon
Chapter 4 - Madison
Chapter 5 - Madison
Chapter 6 - Madison
Chapter 7 - Maxon
Chapter 8 - Madison
Chapter 9 - Maxon
Chapter 10 - Madison
Chapter 11 - Maxon
Chapter 12 - Madison
Chapter 13 - Maxon
Chapter 14 - Madison
Chapter 15 - Maxon
Chapter 16 - Madison
Chapter 17 - Madison
Chapter 18 - Maxon
Chapter 19 - Maxon
Chapter 20 - Madison
Chapter 21 - Madison
Chapter 22 - Madison
Chapter 23 - Madison
Chapter 24 - Madison
Chapter 25 - Maxon
Chapter 26 - Madison
Chapter 27 - Madison
Chapter 28 - Maxon
Chapter 29 - Madison
Chapter 30 - Madison
Chapter 31 - Madison
Chapter 33 - Madison
Chapter 34 - Maxon
Chapter 35 - Maxon
Chapter 36 - Madison
Chapter 37 - Madison
Chapter 38 - Madison
Chapter 39 - Madison
Thank You
Note to the Reader
Please Forgive Me
Please Love Me

Chapter 32 - Madison

11.1K 289 44
By Beautyinbooksblog

"Leave your shoes, sweetheart," Maxon tells me as we park near the beach.

I do as he says except it's a struggle to bend over to remove them since I feel stuffed with lasagna. Add those delicious cannoli and bread and I'm done for. The food was delicious though and the service was amazing so I don't regret it. The restaurant had a warm, family ambiance and I imagine that's how one would feel if you dined in Italy. I definitely want to go back and Maxon said he will make sure it happens.

"Here, let me help." He volunteers at my struggle.

I can't help but blush. "Is it that obvious I'm full?" I look at his tight-fitting button down and it's as if he ate nothing. He's as built as ever. Lucky man.

He shakes his head. "You look gorgeous, Madison."

I lift my leg and he unstraps them, dropping a kiss unto the top of my foot that sends heat shooting up my body. "And maybe this is my excuse to touch you a bit more."

My heart picks up its pace as Maxon's soft, full lips make contact with my other foot. He looks up at me, a twinkle in his eye.

My breath hitches and his eyes land on them. His gaze darkens but says. "Let's go, beautiful."

We exit the car and he leads me down the walkway until cement gives way to nice, soft sand. My feet automatically melt at the feel of the now cool finely defined pieces of rock. The sun has already set, leaving a bright dark sky. 

I suck in a breath which Maxon mistakes for, "Are you cold?"

"No, it's just so beautiful." I glance up at the clear sky, full of bright stars. "I've never seen a sunset or the beach at night."

His brows raise. "Really?"

"I've never had the time to just come and hang out." I let out a contented sigh and glance up at him. "Thank you."

His gaze softens. "For what?"

"For being so good to me."

He shakes his head, a grin on his handsome face. "You don't even know what I brought you here for."

My eyes round. "It's not to view the beach?"

He chuckles. "It is but," He entwines his fingers through mine. "come, let's walk."

We do. I know it's so cliché but we walk down the beach. And although the ocean is very dark, only illuminated by the moonlight, it's beautiful. In a terrifying way.

Maxon tugs on my hand lightly and I glance up to see him looking down at me with a grin.

My cheeks warm up though I know he can't see them. "What?"

"Nothing, you just look beautiful in the moonlight."

My face heats up even more. Thankfully the wind playing with my hair helps to keep me from overheating with self-consciousness. "You always say that," I tell him.

"It's the truth." He plants a kiss on the side of my head. Even though it's crisp out, that kiss warms me up from the inside out. "So get used to it." 

We continue our walk down the beach, the refreshing breeze messing with our hair, when Maxon slows down to cup my face between his big hands, "Madison," He starts, and even if I tried, I can't look away from his dark emeralds. 

"I know I've said it time and again but you have made me the happiest man in the world. This life with me..." Light from the restaurants lining up the path filters out enough to make out that Maxon is shaking his head from side to side. "it won't be easy. The fans...I wasn't lying when I said that I keep my private life private. But I'm not planning on hiding my relationship with you. Come football season, fans tend to...get a bit more interested." My heart starts racing at what he's trying to tell me. My private life will no longer remain so private. People will get curious. Maxon tells me as much. "The fans will get curious and..." He sighs. "I don't want to scare you but being with me requires some sacrifice." He gives me a sheepish grin. "I'm sorry but I just want to give you an idea of what's to come. I don't plan on leaving you. That's not an option for me but like I said, if you don't want any part of this, I'll quit. No questions asked."

"I can't ask you to do that Maxon." I repeat the words I told him days ago, "I won't allow you to." I bite my lip. "I-I don't hate that you're famous. It's just that—"

He silences me with a kiss to my lips. "Baby, don't worry about that. I just want you to focus on tonight. This moment. I won't allow anything to happen that you won't want to. I promise you that."

He tugs on my hand again. "Come, I have something I need to show you."

I give him a skeptical look. "What can you possibly show me at this time? It's already dark out."

He only gives me a grin and guides me along the shore until I spot candles lit up in the distance. They appear to be in the shape of a heart. I take in a sharp breath as I see Maxon pulling me in that direction. "Maxon, what are—"

As we get closer I see rose petals scattered on the sand and notice men off to the side dressed as, "Mariachi?" I ask Maxon who nods and grins at me. "Surprise, sweetheart."

I stand rooted in place. Shock isn't a strong enough word for what I feel right now. This is—I never in a million years could have pictured something like this happening to me. Someone taking the time to plan something like this. 

"Maxon..." I whisper and wrap my hands around his neck, bringing his lips down to mine. I give him a kiss full of the love I feel for him. It's raw, passionate, and full of every emotion I can possibly muster up. His lips move against mine, hands planted firmly at my side. The sound of a Spanish guitar pulls my attention away from him but I don't let go of his embrace.
"Here." Maxon greets the mariachi band with that charming grin of his and leads me until we're surrounded by the candles and roses.

"You did this?" I ask with amazement still not believing he thought of doing something like this for me. The girl who's given him the hardest time.

"I did. Everything was picked with you in mind." He drops a kiss on my lips. "Even the song."

The main vocalist starts singing and I recognize the song immediately. I used to hear it growing up but never would've pictured it being dedicated to me. It hits very differently when you're on the receiving end of the romantic lyrics.

Maxon grips my hips and immediately starts swaying to the music.

I gasp. "Maxon—"

"Dance with me, Madison."

I don't deny him, my arms instinctively wrapping around his neck.

I listen to the vocalist belting out the song by famous Mexican singer, Vicente Fernandez.

"Vale mas un buen amor, por eso eres mi tesoro."

Maxon tightens his hold on my waist as he starts mouthing the words of the song.

My brows shoot up to the night sky as he whispers them so low, the wind from the ocean almost drowns them out.

"Olvidemos el pasado, y lo que diga la gente,

Olvidemos el pasado, y vivamos el presente

Lo que importa es que te amo y me amas, para siempre..."

"Maxon..." He brings my head down to his chest and he continues singing along to the words softly.

We sway gently to the romantic rhythm, and I find comfort in his big, strong arms.

A couple of minutes later the music comes to an end and I peek up at him. He's staring down at me. We stay like that for a few moments, the only sound the crashing of the waves.

"Madison," He runs a hand down my hair causing shivers to break out across my body. His touch is so intoxicating. Electrifying to my soul. "I've always wanted to do that. From the moment I saw you dancing with Isaiah I knew I didn't want you with anyone else but me. I hope you enjoyed dancing with me as much as I did with you because if you accept what I have to say next. I'll be the only man you'll dance with." He takes in a shaky breath. "Madison Rosales, would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

I stare at him in surprise. 

The first moment I saw him, how he looked after Vanessa and me, how he came looking for me when I left, everything replays in my head. All of that led us to this very moment. I was wrong. So wrong about him. Standing before is the most tender, loving man that exists and I would be stupid if I said no. "Yes," I whisper to him. "I'll be your girlfriend, Maxon 'the wide receiver' Blake."

His brows raise. "Does that mean—"

"I don't care about what you do for a living, I love you and accept you. Flaws and all." His lips crash onto mine. Consuming my very soul to the core. His tongue seeks entrance into my mouth and I immediately open up for him.

Men cheering break us apart. Maxon pulls back and leans his forehead against mine, letting out a contented laugh, his soft breath brushing against my face. I grip his wrist as he cups my cheeks. "Oh my God, Madison." He lets out another soft laugh. "Thank you. I promise you won't regret giving me a chance."

I meet his stare. "I know I won't. You've proven yourself enough, Maxon." I drop a peck on his lips. "Honestly, I don't deserve you but you are worth it."

"So are you." He leans in, "But I'll keep proving myself to you. Everyday. No matter what."

My face is bright with so much love it's a wonder the sun isn't out. "Te amo, mi amor."

Maxon says in the same perfect Spanish somehow making the three-letter words sound even sexier. I just about melted when he confessed his love for me earlier, but this time I'm a dune of sand. The words just sound so so sexy coming from him. "I love you too, Maxon," I whisper against his lips.

We spend the rest of the night dancing and laughing. Being carefree and living in the moment.

It's almost ten by the time we arrive at Maxon's beach house rental.

He opens the door for me and I get out, shoes in hand. I give him a silly little grin which he returns.

He leads me into the house and I stand rooted in place. This home is absolutely gorgeous. It looks like it came straight out of those interior designer magazines my sister keeps in her closet. Dark wooden flowers contrast against the white walls and furniture. Splashes of color lay throughout the pillows on the sofa and holy shit, there are French doors looking out into the Pacific Ocean. To add a bit more life to the place, plants are sitting in big pots off to the side of the living and dining room. Trinity would faint if she got a glimpse of this.

"What do you think?" I look to Maxon who's smirking at me.

"Gorgeous. It's gorgeous here. You have good taste it seems."

His gaze darkens as he takes in my appearance. As his eyes slowly slide up from my feet up my thighs, waist, and settle on my face, I feel my breasts grow heavy. Maxon must notice because he lets out a low growl before turning his back to me.

"Would you like to shower?" He rasps out.

I clear my own throat softly, trying to calm my now raging hormones. "I didn't bring any clean clothes."

"You can wear one of my shirts."

"Oh, okay."

"I'll lead you there." He leads me down a huge hallway and I can't take everything in fast enough. I'm so taking pictures and showing this to Trinity. He opens a door and I see he's led me to a master bedroom.

The bed is covered in a beautiful navy blue color with what are three rows of king-sized pillows. I blush at the thought of Maxon sleeping on that huge bed alone. Naked.

"This is the room I'm staying in." Maxon opens the door that leads to the bathroom, avoiding looking at me. "You can get in now. I'll leave you the shirt and look for some shorts you can wear."

He turns around, heading for a drawer when I ask him. "Aren't you getting in?"

He stops walking and I notice his shoulders stiffen.

"Do you want me to get in with you?"

My heart thuds against my chest as I contemplate his question. Do I want him to get in with me?

I bite my lip, cheeks heating up. "Well, it's up to you. I-I'll get in now."

I run to the bathroom, clicking the door softly behind me.

What the hell am I thinking?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 5.6K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
8.4K 255 31
Brynn Jones knows what she wants and doesn't care what she has to do for it. She made sure she got a girls' soccer team. She tries to get good points...
235K 8K 133
Trope: Sisters roommate "Elizabeth." I choke out. "Yeah?" "I need you to let me go, if you don't, I'll lose myself in you and won't go out to that g...
507K 15.6K 49
"Kara, you're my best friend right?" "Umm yeah?" "You'd do anything for me, right?" "As long as it doesn't involve 10 years in prison, yeah." "Be my...