Life In Smallville {2}

By HeavensTree01

After Whitney left to join the Marines, Liana is struggling with deciding if she wants to tell Whitney or not... More

Character Description
Chapter 1: Vortex
Chapter 2: Heat
Chapter 3: Duplicity
Chapter 4: Red
Chapter 5: Nocturne
Chapter 7: Lineage
Chapter 8: Ryan
Chapter 9: Dichotic
Chapter 10: Skinwalkers
Chapter 11: Visage
Chapter 12: Insurgence
Chapter 13: Suspect
Chapter 14: Rush
Chapter 15: Prodigal
Chapter 16: Fever
Chapter 17: Rosetta
Chapter 18: Visitor
Chapter 19: Precipice
Chapter 20: Witness
Chapter 21: Accelerate
Chapter 22: Calling
Chapter 23: Exodus

Chapter 6: Redux

175 6 0
By HeavensTree01

Liana's sitting next to Chrissy on the benches in the swimming pool area working on posters for Spirit Week and watching the swim team race each other. Chrissy says, "He's a hottie, isn't he? Look at him." Chrissy's talking about Clark. Liana says, "Who, Clark?" Chrissy laughs and says, "Oh, come on, Liana. I just don't understand how you and Whitney are doing long distance when you can have a boyfriend right here." Liana shakes her head and says, "Chrissy, Clark and I are just friends." Chrissy says, "Okay." Liana's done with her poster and says, "So, what do you think?" Chrissy says, "Awesome. I'm gonna ask the new principal if we can hang it in the middle of the cafeteria." Liana says, "You've really thrown yourself into Spirit Week, Chrissy. I am impressed." Chrissy says, "Well, these are the best times of our lives. Isn't that what they say?" Liana says, "To be honest, I had forgotten how much fun this can be. I'm really looking forward to it." Troy walks over and says, "Chrissy. Hey, baby." Chrissy says, "Hey. Troy, you're dripping on my signs. Don't you have another race?" Troy says, "Finals. I need a good-luck kiss." Chrissy says, "Oh." Chrissy looks at Liana and Liana smiles and says, "Go. I can finish up here." Chrissy smiles and says, "Thanks." Chrissy looks at Troy and says, "Follow me." Troy says, "Not a problem." Chrissy calls out, "Troy! Troy! What's wrong with him? Somebody help him! Troy!" They watch Clark dive after him and pull him up to the surface. They watch them turn Troy over and he has somehow turned into an old man.

The next day in the Talon, Clark walks in with muffins and says, "Liana, where would you like these?" Liana says, "You can just put them on the counter." Clark says, "Getting ready for the big Spirit Week bash?" Liana says, "Trying to, I think Nell's used the protection booth as her personal mini-storage since the late '70s." Liana goes through a box and finds her mother with pictures of her with another man that's not her dad. Clark says, "What are those?" Liana says, "Clark, these photos are of my mom and some guy." Clark says, "Maybe he's an old boyfriend." Liana flips the photo to see the year and says, "They were taken when my parents were already married." Clark says, "Maybe he was just a friend." Liana softly smiles and  says, "I'm sure you're right." Lex comes over and says, "Right about what?" Clark says, "The mystery man with Liana's mother." Lex says, "Hey, they make an attractive couple. And there could be a million explanations. Who do you think it is?" Liana says, "I don't know, but I'll bet Nell does." Lex says, "Then mystery solved. I wish they were all this easy." Clark says, "Well, it's uh, it's late, we should get to school." Lex says, "I'm heading that way, if you need a lift." Liana says, "Uh, I'm okay. I've got the first two periods off." Lex says, "Clark?" Clark says, "No, I was just gonna... run." Lex says, "Oh, I don't think you could outrun my Porsche, Clark." Liana softly laughs. Later, Clark comes back into the Talon and says, "Hey. Came by to see if you needed a hand." Liana says, "Just in time. Thought you were helping your mom this afternoon." Clark says, "She said she's got it covered." Liana says, "Something wrong?" Clark says, "My mom's been kind of secretive in the last couple of days. I think it has something to do with my grandfather." Liana says, "I've never heard you mentioned him before." Clark says, "I've never actually met him before. I've only seen pictures. And those are like 20 years old." Liana says, "Do you know anything about him?" Clark says, "Just that he was a big corporate lawyer in Metropolis. He and my grandmother retired to Coast City. When I was in sixth grade, I made up my mind to call him. I left a bunch of messages, but he never called back. I guess he just wasn't interested." Liana says, "All these years, I've had this image of the Kent's as the perfect family." Clark says, "I guess we're just as dysfunctional as everyone else. I never did pressure my parents for the whole story." Liana says, "Maybe you didn't want to know." Clark says, "Maybe it's easier to live with the image than the truth." Liana says, "Looks like we're both dealing with secrets out of the past." Clark says, "I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, but this is your chance to get some answers." Liana turns around to see Nell and then turns back around to see Clark and nods. Clark says, "I'll catch up with you later?" Liana nods and turns to face Nell. Nell says, "Liana, the place looks fantastic. You've done a really good job here." Liana softly smiles and says, "Thanks. Um, I wanted to talk to you about something." Nell says, "Yeah, what is it?" Liana takes the photo's out of her purse and hands them to Nell. Liana says, "These pictures. Do you know who he is?" Nell says, "Must have been one of your mom's old boyfriends." Liana says, "They were taken after mom and dad were already married. Just two years before I was born." Nell softly smiles at Liana and says, "Liana, what's this about?" Liana says, "I'm not sure." Nell says, "Listen to me. Your mother... She loved you, Lana, and your father more than anything else in this world. She never would have done anything to hurt either one of you. You know that, don't you?" Later, Liana's in the theatre of the Talon with her cheer uniform on doing a performance on the stage with the rest of the cheer squad. Liana sees Lex come in and gets of the stage to go to him. Lex says, "Hey. I got a message you wanted to see me. Everything alright?" Liana says, "I was wondering if you could do me a favor." Lex says, "I take it Nell couldn't identify the mystery man?" Liana says, "If she could, she wouldn't tell me anything. I just, I wanna know who he is." Lex says, "Well, that shouldn't be hard to find. But coming to terms with it could prove to be more complicated." Liana says, "What do you mean?" Lex says, "Come on, you know the story of Pandora. She was given a box by Zeus and warned never to open it. She couldn't resist the temptation." Liana says, "I'm not afraid of the truth, Lex." Lex says, "Neither was Pandora. But once the box was open, it could never be closed. And all the misery she released could never be put back." Liana says, "I appreciate the warning. And anything you can tell me."

The next day, Liana goes to visit Clark and she says, "Clark, I hope I'm not interrupting." Clark says, "No. Uh, I could use the inspiration. I thought you'd be swamped with party prep by now." Liana says, "I was heading over to the Talon, but this arrived at my house. I asked Lex to look into those photos of my mother." Clark says, "You think there's more to it than meets the eye?" Liana says, "I don't know, he sent me this. I haven't opened it yet. As badly as I want the truth I'm afraid I won't like what I find." Clark says, "Why the change of heart?" Liana says, "I guess, the image of my parents the way I thought they were is all I have." Clark says, "You don't wanna lose that." Liana says, "Maybe just doubting, I already have. How are things with your grandfather?" Clark says, "Disaster is an understatement. I took him to see my father and it was like watching history repeat itself." Liana says, "So, what's next?" Clark says, "I hate to see it end like this. But I can't control the way they act around each other." Liana says, "Are you gonna try again?" Clark says, "I can't do anything about the past, but maybe there is something I can do about the future." Liana slowly nods.

Later, Liana goes to see Clark and Clark says, "Liana." Liana says, "Working on something important?" Clark says, "I just finished my essay." Liana says, "So where you gonna be in five years?" Clark says, "In college, probably studying journalism." Liana softly smiles and says, "Really?" Clark says, "Don't tell Chloe, but I think it's growing on me.  I like to find the truth behind things. I'm tired of having secrets in my life." Liana says, "And personally?" Clark says, "I've decided I'm gonna find a way to have a relationship with my grandfather. How about you, is everything okay?" Liana says, "Clark. I read Lex's file. According to my papers, my parents filed for divorce in 1984. Irreconcilable differences." Clark says, "But they worked it out, right?" Liana says, "Eventually. But they were legally separated for over two years." Clark says, "So the guy in the picture with your mother--" Liana says, "Could be more than a friend. I was born right after my parents got back together. My father could still be alive.

Since in the show Lana was born in '86, I made Lana be born in '85, so she's a year old than Liana. The back of the photo in the show said '85, I'm making it '84.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 397 21
(Another season of Teen Titans, which I do not own) A year has past since Trigon had claimed Jump City, friendships become more than the eye can see...
24.8K 713 33
"I can't keep lying to them, Stiles. They're my family." "If you tell them the truth, you're putting them in danger." *** season 2 *** full descripti...
13.8K 584 24
She hadn't been back to Seattle since she was 5-years old. Now she was back, ready to start her fellowship and try and put her old life behind her. ...
14K 294 22
The day of the meteorite, Liana lost her parents and gained ice powers. The only people who know of her powers is her sister Lana and her aunt Nell...