Rooming with Chase

By book_bitch07

I run out of the shower and crash into somebody making us both fall to the floor. What is it with me and cras... More

~PREFACE~
~CHARACTER AESTHETICS~
~PROLOGUE~
~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 3~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 8~
~CHAPTER 9~
~CHAPTER 10~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 13~
~CHAPTER 14~
~CHAPTER 15~
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 22~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 26~
~CHAPTER 27~
~CHAPTER 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 32~
~CHAPTER 33~
~CHAPTER 34~
~CHAPTER 35~
~CHAPTER 36~
~CHAPTER 37~
~CHAPTER 38~
~CHAPTER 39~
~CHAPTER 40~
~CHAPTER 41~
~CHAPTER 42~
~CHAPTER 43~
~CHAPTER 44~
~CHAPTER 45~
~CHAPTER 46~
~CHAPTER 47~
~CHAPTER 48~
~CHAPTER 49~
~CHAPTER 50~
~CHAPTER 51~
~CHAPTER 52~
~CHAPTER 53~
~CHAPTER 54~
~CHAPTER 55~
~CHAPTER 56~
~CHAPTER 57~
~CHAPTER 58~
~CHAPTER 59~
~CHAPTER 60~
~EPILOGUE~
Next Book!!

~CHAPTER 25~

5K 115 20
By book_bitch07

*•*•*•Holding the phone out as if it were a weapon•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

I wake up gasping for air, because of another fucking nightmare. I look around me to see that I'm on the floor, I had forgotten that I was having a sleepover with the girls. I check to see if I had waken anybody up, and I hadn't, thank god. I grab my phone putting it in my pocket and quietly walk out of the room. Once the door is closed I slide down the wall and burry my head in my hands.

I stand up and walk out of Alastair hall. I walk around campus and decide to walk to mine and Chase's spot. I lay down and do nothing. 50 minutes pass by and I do nothing to get up. Another half an hour passes by and I still don't get up.

I take my phone out of my pocket and look to see if I have any new messages. The first one caught my eye since I didn't have any contact number that was called 'My cute ass stalker' I enter my phone and look through the messages.

October, 18.

Today?

My cute ass stalker: Hello

Me: Hey, how'd you sleep?

My cute ass stalker: With my eyes closed?

Me: You know what I meant.

My cute ass stalker: Yeah, yeah. I slept great, what about you?

Me: Great. Hey we need to talk.

My cute ass stalker: You're ending this aren't you? I knew it, I knew I wasn't good enough for you.

Me: Sebastian.

Sebastian? As in my cousin Sebastian? Whose phone is this?

My cute ass stalker: You don't like me anymore that's it isn't it.

Me: SEBASTIAN!

My cute ass stalker: What?

Me: I'm not ending this, calm down.

My cute ass stalker: Oh phew.

Me: It's about Maddie.

About me?

My cute ass stalker: What happened is she okay? Do Nat and I need to go there?

Me: No, no. We talked today and I think we should tell her soon.

My cute ass stalker: Of course, you give me an hour and a date and I will be here waiting for your call.

Me: Thank you so much. Like I know It hasn't been that long but I don't like keeping secrets they always eat me alive and they bother me so much, and I don't like lying to friends. And I like you so much and God I'm ending this message before you have something to humiliate me with. Bye.

My cute ass stalker: Goodbye May.

Okay so I've gotten to the conclusion that this isn't my phone. Why is May talking with Sebastian? Okay like I know why she's talking with him they clearly like each other, but how did she get his number?

While these thoughts go through my head, I hear some rustling coming from the trees and I quickly stand up holding the phone out as if it were a weapon. What the fuck this can't help me. I drop the phone and put my fists up. I probably would survive better with the phone. I see a dark tall figure coming out of the trees. Why the hell did I come here at like I don't know when in the morning? It could be an ax murderer or something.

I grab the phone and turn on the flashlight pointing it towards the sound. In the light I see Chase and sigh in relieve.

"Jesus fuck, Chase I almost had a fucking heart attack."

"No one told you to come out her at 4:30 in the fucking morning."

"Shut up. Why are you here?"

"Why are you here?"

"You first."

"Lizzie texted me to see if you were in our room because she couldn't find you." He continues. "Your turn."

"I had a nightmare and decided to go for a walk, then I found myself here." I say and he gives me a sad look. "Don't look at me like that." He stops and we start walking towards the soccer field. "Is it really 4:30 in the morning?"

"You have your phone you check." He says pointing at May's phone.

"It's actually not my phone." He gave me a confused look. "When I woke up this morning, I blindly grabbed a phone thinking it was mine, and then when I checked my messages earlier there was a contact whose name I didn't know. I opened the messages and it was somebody May was texting with. Moral of the story not my phone and I think I read some private messages."

"How private?"

"I won't tell you."

"Okay." He stares at me for a moment before looking forward again. We're in a comfortable silence until he speaks again. "You know, you don't talk much, and I don't know anything about you. You could be an ax murderer for all I know."

"Yeah well not many people do and I will assure you, I'm not an ax murderer."

"Okay, okay. If you were to tell me something personal about you what would it be?"

"Okay so you remember the first party I went to when I got here?" Maddison McKenna what the fuck are you doing. My mind screams at me but I don't care.

"Yes. You were drunk." He nods and I chuckle at that last part.

"Yeah, when I go to a party and get drunk, I remember what happens, even when I drink too much. Well when we were at the stair case we had a conversation, about how my favorite person in this world had died, and about how that's why I drink so much at parties. You remember that?"

"Yeah..." He drawls out. Time for the personal part.

"Here comes the personal part." I pause for a second because I'm actually sharing something about my life with this boy. "I actually watched him die, and it fucking broke me."

"I'm so sorry Addie."

"You know I think I'm starting to get used to people saying sorry to me."

"With the amount of times I've said it I wouldn't be surprised."

"Yeah." I chuckle humorlessly.

"Well I'm happy that you let me in a little more."

"Yeah. I should do that more, it feels great." I say sarcastically looking down.

"No but really, I never know what goes on in your head and sometimes it's frustrating not knowing how your feeling sometimes."

"I promise you it's a good thing that you don't know what goes on up there. It can get pretty fucking dark sometimes." I say and when I look up I see that we were already on the gravelly pathway to Alastair hall.

"You talking about your nightmares?"

"Yeah, they're pretty brutal those little bitches." I continue. "How did your nightmares stop?"

"When I stopped being scared to go to sleep. I was scared to go to sleep because I was afraid that once I went to sleep I'd have a nightmare. I stopped being afraid of sleep, and the nightmares just went away."

"You should sell this information on the black market, people with nightmares will sleep more peacefully at night." He laughs at my craziness and I laugh along with him. I like his laugh, it's nice.

"Yeah well princess it's not a remedy to be sold to other people."

"Your supper secret nightmare remedy is safe with me." we stop in front of Lizzie's dorm and I turn to him. "This is me."

"I'll leave you to whatever you can get out of the rest of the morning before it's time for school."

"Thank you Chase. I'll see you later" just as I say this the door swings open and May is standing there with her uniform already one. "Why are you already in your uniform?"

"Because it's already 6:30. Why aren't you in your uniform?" I turn to Chase with my mouth slightly open.

"You told me it was like 4:30." I hit him on the arm.

"I said that I wasn't sure and that you should've checked your phone, which you told me wasn't yours. By the way she has your phone." He says that last part towards May.

"You had my phone? I thought I had left it at my dorm."

"Yeah here." I hand her, her phone, and then go in Liz's dorm. "See you in a half hour at the dining hall."

"Sure thing. See you later princess." He leaves and May looks at me with a waiting look.

"What?"

"Oh there's nothing going on between me and Chase he's just my roommate." She say in a voice trying to imitate me I shove her and she shoves me back.

"Shut up I don't sound like that and WE ARE JUST ROOMMATES." I say that last part slightly raising my voice.

"I'll believe it when I don't see sexual tension in the air."

"What sexual tension? There's no sexual tension, there's not even normal tension."

"Okay whatever helps you sleep five foots away from him every night." She says and sits down with her make up bag next to her as she starts doing her make up.

"I'm going to go change in the bathroom." I grab my bag and take it with me. I start walking down the hall towards the bathroom and once I'm inside I walk to an empty stall and get ready. When I'm brushing my teeth Vaseline enters the bathroom and she rolls her eyes.

"I thought I had told you to stay away from Max. Yet I heard around that the new girl went on a date with him."

I finish and turn to her sighing. "Well hello to you too Vaseline."

"Vanessa." She corrects me moving her hands exaggeratedly.

"Yeah. Isn't it a little too late for you to be tormenting people? I thought the witching hour was at 3:00 a.m., I think it's already past three."

"Well don't you think you're funny?"

"Sweetie I don't think I am, I know I am."

"But you're not."

"Okay." I shrug and turn to the sink to gather my stuff.

"Excuse me I wasn't done talking to you."

"But I was done with you." I start walking away and I hear her scoff.

"This isn't done until I say it is." She screams as I grab the handle to the door.

"Bye, bye, Vaseline, I'll see you in Math." I shoot her a sarcastic smile and she grunts out in frustration stomping her foot on the floor in a childish manner. I make my way towards Lizzie's room and go in. "Hello girls."

"Why are you in such a good mood? Are you on the good stuff? Are you hiding it from me?" May asks While Liz and I look at her like she belongs in the psychiatric ward in the hospital, which she doesn't, that's just her normal personality, and the reason why we love her.

"I just made a bimbo get frustrated in seconds."

"Which one." This time it's Lizzie the one asking.

"Vaseline."

"Who's Vaseline?"

"Vanessa." I say and they make an 'oh' face. "Yeah she keeps telling me to stay away from Max." I tell them and sit down on Lizzie's bed.

"Why she broke up with him." May says from the mirror while she puts on some lip-gloss.

"Yeah well I guess she's regretting her decision right about now." I say and put on my ankle cut socks and my black high-tops converse.

...

"Hello boys." I say sitting down with a tray of food in my hands.

"Hi Madd's." Lucas looks at me with a toothy grin.

"Hey Addie." Chase says a dimpled smile on his face. He has a great smile, I wish he would smile more. It's the kind that makes you feel all warm inside, like his smile can light up any room, just like right now.

"What day is it today, is the week almost over?" May asks laying her head down on the table with her hands folded underneath.

"I'm sorry love, but no. It's only Tuesday." Lizzie says sitting down next to Lucas. He turns his head to smile at her and she smiles back, both of them falling into their own little conversation. I turn to Cole who is as always on his phone.

"Texting the secret lover?" I ask him and he shakes his head chuckling.

"If you would consider my grandma my secret lover than, totally texting my secret lover." He says and I laugh at him.

"How's your grandma?"

"She's great, just complaining to me about how my grandfather didn't take out the trash and that she was going to divorce him for not taking out the trash." He chuckles. "She would never do that though, she loves that man too much." That's so sweet, I never hear him talk about his family, so it's nice to have him open up. "What about your grandparents?"

"They hate me." I say and he looks at me telling me to go on. "My grandparents from my dad's side are dead never got to meet them, and then the ones from my mom's side hate me and all of my family.

"They always wanted my mom to go into the family business and all of that shit, but then she met a guy, they fell in love and he encouraged her to be what she wanted to be, she chose to be a doctor and they disowned her, her parents I mean, they come to family activities and all of that, because my dad wanted me to stay in touch with my mom's side after she died and well they put us down every chance they get." I shrug. "Nothing I can do about it."

"That sucks Maddie." I nod and put my head on his shoulder.

"Yes it does, Cole, yes it does." I sigh once the bell rings indicating us that it's time to go to class.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello beautiful people, I come bearing a new chapter, and its name is Chapter 25, yes it is her the all-powerful goddess Chapter 25!!! Unz unz unz unz, disco music blaring horns. Okay it's not that big of a deal, but it is because with each chapter I write, the closer we are to seeing them together, now don't y'all want that? I know you doooooo. So what did all of you think? I quite like this chapter it reveals stuff like most chapters, but... yeah I've got nothing. Oop wait I do have something, who would've imagined, MAY AND SEB? Who called it cause, whoo I did not see that coming. Anywhore, it took me a while to write this so enjoy it thoroughly, because even though I am working on chapter 26 as we speak you guys know I'm not a person that publishes new chapters frequently, and I promise I'm trying, but sometimes it's hard to balance school, book, and my *cough* none existent *cough* social/love life. Well my love life isn't none existent it's just really really really sad, I told a guy I've liked him from the moment I saw him in pre-school and he said he didn't believe me so that was fun.

Anyway babes I think this is the part where I tell y'all that you're all dancing queen's young and sweet only insert age here, budum budum budum bum bum. Yeah that wasn't it, but close to it. I was just gonna tell you that if you enjoyed this chapter make sure to comment vote and share my loves.

Muah I love all of you and hopefully and by hopefully I mean HOPEFULLY I can see all of your beautiful read next week. Byeee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

633K 22.3K 66
Highest ranking: #1 in Teen Fiction #1 in Teen • • • Samantha Rosewood has a tragic past. Trying to escape from t...
4.8M 113K 96
She's back and better than ever. Living in Chicago for the junior Law program was a fun year of her life but Bailey-Belle couldn't be happier to be h...
207K 5.8K 36
#12 in Alphafemale//// IT GETS BETTER AS YOU GO, I THINK....😂 I slowly turned around to see if he is close. As I turned, Alpha Damon was right in fr...
2M 55.1K 41
Willow's always been known as the good girl with the wealthy parents who could do no wrong. Little do they know that this seemingly perfect girl has...