Rooming with Chase

By book_bitch07

I run out of the shower and crash into somebody making us both fall to the floor. What is it with me and cras... More

~PREFACE~
~CHARACTER AESTHETICS~
~PROLOGUE~
~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 3~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 8~
~CHAPTER 9~
~CHAPTER 10~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 13~
~CHAPTER 14~
~CHAPTER 15~
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 25~
~CHAPTER 26~
~CHAPTER 27~
~CHAPTER 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 32~
~CHAPTER 33~
~CHAPTER 34~
~CHAPTER 35~
~CHAPTER 36~
~CHAPTER 37~
~CHAPTER 38~
~CHAPTER 39~
~CHAPTER 40~
~CHAPTER 41~
~CHAPTER 42~
~CHAPTER 43~
~CHAPTER 44~
~CHAPTER 45~
~CHAPTER 46~
~CHAPTER 47~
~CHAPTER 48~
~CHAPTER 49~
~CHAPTER 50~
~CHAPTER 51~
~CHAPTER 52~
~CHAPTER 53~
~CHAPTER 54~
~CHAPTER 55~
~CHAPTER 56~
~CHAPTER 57~
~CHAPTER 58~
~CHAPTER 59~
~CHAPTER 60~
~EPILOGUE~
Next Book!!

~CHAPTER 22~

5.7K 124 63
By book_bitch07

*•*•*•I've heard him talking to the spirits•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not edited

"We're finally doing this." Max says and looks my way. We were finally going on our date. It has been two weeks since he asked me out and tonight is the night. I thought I'd be more exited but I don't know why this feels like a friends outing. Maybe it'll fell like more when we start going deeper into the night, let's hope. After my whole death week situation, I spent the rest of the week playing soccer with the guys –which had become a normal thing now-, and going to class. Now well I'm going on my date.

"Yeah we are." I smile at him and buckle my seatbelt. "So where are we going?"

"Sorry can't tell you." He says and starts to leave the school. I was getting ready in my dorm when he said that he'd pick me up at the dorm that I didn't need to walk to the parking lot and that was exactly what happened. He came to the dorm with roses in his hands, I put them on my desk, grabbed my stuff and said goodbye to chase.

"Oh please tell me, I hate surprises."

"You're going to like this one I promise."  I relax into my chair and let him take us wherever.

"Okay." Minutes later we are arriving at a restaurant it's not that fancy, thank fuck. The sign to the restaurant read 'Michaellos'. We enter the restaurant. The inside was homier than its outside, it still looked fancy but it felt more welcoming. And I see an old gentlemen with in an all-black suit come toward us.

"Good evening Mr. Godfrey. Your order will be here in about 20 minutes. If you don't mind waiting, please follow me to the sitting area, while your food is being prepared to perfection for you and the little miss." He says with a thick Italian accent dripping from his voice.

"Thank you Donatello." Max says and starts following Donatello. He holds his hand out to me and I link my arm with his.

"So how do you know him?" I ask him once we're seated.

"Donatello is Michaello's brother. Michaello is the owner and also my mother's childhood best friend." I look at him smiling and he continues. "They serve the best food here. I would honestly come her every day just for the cannolis." He laughs and I laugh too.

"Good to know. Maybe I'll start coming here more often I love food after all." He laughs and nods.

"For sure." He continues once he's sure I won't say anything. "So how are things going in the roommate from hell territory?"

"It's actually going really well, turns out he's not the roommate from hell, Derek from down the hall is. I've heard him talking to the spirits when I'm on my way to the bathroom." I chuckle and he does too. "No but really he's a good roommate so that's a plus."

"That's good, I'm happy." He says and smiles tucking a hair behind my ear. A blush runs across my face and I look away from embarrassment. I hear someone clear their throat. I look up and see Donatello. "Oh Donatello hey, how much is it?" Max says and starts taking out his wallet, but we hear a voice come from the kitchen.

"DON DON'T YOU DARE LET THE KID GIVE YOU MONEY!!" Screams who I assume is Michaello.

"I KNOW I WASN'T GOING TO LET HIM ANYWAYS!!" I laugh and Max shakes his head. Donatello hands Max a bag with food, and Max leans in grabbing the bag.

"Here grab the bag and get ready to run." He whispers.

"Oka- wait what?!" He doesn't answer and just nods as a way of telling me to do what he says.

"Hey Don, is that hole in the wall new?" Donatello looks to the wall in search of the non-existent hole and I think I know what Max is trying to do. He takes out two twenty dollar bills.

"What there's no hole." He turns back to us and Max just slaps the two twenty dollar bills on the table and grabs my hand as we start running. "GET BACK HERE MAXIMUS."

"SORRY DON. I CAN'T, GOTTA TAKE MY LOVELY DATE SOMEWHERE SPECIAL." Max yells while running towards the car. We get in the car and start it. We left so fast it probably looked like we committed a robbery. We finally relax and then burst out laughing.

"So where are we going now?"

"Patience I told you it's a surprise." He turns the corner and we make it onto the freeway.

"So Maximus what's in the bag?"

"Do not call me Maximus, I hate my full name."

"Excuse you I happen to love the name Maximus it's the name of Rapunzel's horse."

"You love my name because it reminds you of the one of a horse? Wow now I really hate my name." I laugh and he looks at me with a small smile.

"No don't hate it here I'll Google what it means." I google 'what does the name Maximus mean'. "Okay here, It means 'Greatest' or 'Largest' now isn't that a great meaning to your name?" He nods and I smile proud of myself.

"It's not wrong on that 'Largest' part." I gasp and hit his arm. "Hey, hey no hitting the driver."

"I'll hit the driver if and when he makes comments like those." He chuckles.

"Oh come on, don't tell me Hudson doesn't say comments like those."

"He does but he's Chase you're Max." I smile.

"What does that mean?" He ask with a frown.

"It means that you should stay the way you are. Like don't change your sweet personality, you know the one that got you this date, because that's the one I was attracted to." I smile at him and he smiles back.

"You have dimples." He says and I nod.

"Yes I do. My dad had dimples and so did my mom."

"Why do you talk about them past tense?" I hadn't even noticed I was talking about them in past tense I guess it just comes out naturally now. I hate that it comes out naturally, they shouldn't be dead. They should be saving lives like they used to do. My mom was also a doctor. That's how they met they were in the same residency program and they fell in love. My train of thoughts gets interrupted by Max's voice. "If you don't mind me asking."

"Um yeah it's fine. My mom died after she gave birth to me. I never got to meet her. And my dad, uhm my dad well he died a few months ago, that's practically the whole reason why I'm here." Max looks at me with sad eyes and grabs my hand. I guess it's not fine.

"I'm so sorry."

"You've got nothing to be sorry for. It wasn't your fault." I shake my head and retract my hand slowly from his. He gets the message and puts his hand back on the steering wheel. I look out the window and see that we're in some type of woodsy place. I chuckle and look at him. "Is this how I die. You give me some amazing cannoli's then kill me?"

"Oh no that's our next date. In this date, I give you some amazing cannoli's and then we watch the stars." He turns around and points outside. I also turn around and see that the sky is full of stars.

"That's beautiful." I open the door and hop out of the truck. Max grabs a bag and starts pulling out blankets. He puts the blankets on the truck bed and I smile.

"So we're going to sit down on the truck bed?"

"Yeah fun right."

"Ye-." I start but he cuts me off.

"Unless you think it's lame, in that case we can always go back. You don't like it it's stupid, yeah this is stupid. You want to go back don't you, I'll start packing up." When he finishes I just stand there with a smile on my face. He looks at me like I'm crazy because I'm smiling.

"Max calm down, I love it, its perfect." He lets out a relieving breath and I chuckle. He gets on the truck bed and offers me his hand so I can get on.  I lay down and stare at the sky while he gets the food out. "So when did you find this place?"

"I found it last week and thought it would be a perfect place to bring the perfect girl." I blush and look away why the fuck am I blushing.

Oh I know its because a fucking perfect guy called you perfect.

Shh don't interrupt my thoughts and go back to your cave.

"Well you're bringing the wrong girl to this spot."

"I don't think I am."

"Okay then." He finishes taking out the food and hands me a cannoli. "Moment of truth." I take a bite and oh my god this is so good. I look at Max and he's already looking at me. "This is so good, it's like taking a bite out of heaven."

"I told you." He chuckles and takes a bite out of his. We spent the rest of our date eating laughing and telling stories of how we were as little kids.

"You're lying right?" he asks and shake my head.

"It's the truth, I was dared to jump of a roof and onto the pool and I didn't quite make the landing. Long story short I broke my leg and when my best friend took me to the E.R. my dad was there working a double shift and well I was grounded."

"Do you miss her?"

"My mom?"

"No your best friend, I mean obviously you miss your mom."

"Yes I miss my best friend, and can you miss someone that you've never met?"

"You can because she was a part of you."

"I guess she was, I do miss her and I wish I got the chance to meet her cause well she's my mom."

"And your dad do you miss him."

"I do." I say and lay down. I look up at the stars and feel him moving to lay down too.

"Do you want to go back?"

"Let's stay a few more minutes please, I love the stars." I look his way and he nods. As I asked we stayed a few more minutes, after that everything was in fast-forward. We quickly got in the car and got to the school in the blink of an eye. He left me with a quick kiss by my dorm door and went back to his dorm. I enter the dorm quietly in case Chase was sleeping and I was correct.

He looks so peaceful when he sleeps, like all his problems fade away when he sleeps. He's sleeping with his mouth slightly open. His duvet is only covering his waist so his back is on full display. I had never noticed this but he has a small tattoo on his shoulder, it's a date XII-XXV-MMII. December, 25th 2002, I wonder why he got that. His first Christmas?

I go to my closet and get my pajamas and go to the bathroom. I change quickly and take my make up off. When I get back I just lay in my bed for a while and it all hits me. I miss my dad, I never got to meet my mom, my dad died in front of me. I start crying quietly, or what I thought was quietly. I feel my bed dip and someone hug me from behind.

"I'm sorry princess." He says and I shake my head.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I'm the one that should be sorry I woke you up." I sniffle and turn around.

"What's wrong?" he asks and puts a hair that fell over my face, behind my ear.

"I went on a date with Max."

"I know, but was it 'cry yourself to sleep' bad?" He jokes and I sniffle chuckling a little.

"No it was great but we talked about my mom." His face goes to a sad one. Today is not the day to tell him about my dad. Some other day.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I nod.

"I'm fine, can we change the subject?" I ask and he nods. "What does the tattoo you have on your back mean?" I look at him.

"Were you checking me out earlier princess?" He smiles.  

"Oh god no, but I saw it and it intrigued me." I smile back.

"Well if you must know, it's the date me and Charlotte were born."

"Aww you got it for her?"

"We both got one when we were sixteen, she has hers on her ankle."

"Aww how cute."

"No, no, stop right there princess, I do Not do cute, I do manly but not cute."

"You ruined the moment." I say flatly and he chuckles. "I've got a couple of questions. I've always wanted to meet someone that was born on Christmas just to ask them these questions."

"What are these questions?" he smiles his boyish smile the boyish smile that shows his dimples.

"Do you guys get double the amount of presents?"

"No." He shakes his head.

"Do you guys get to celebrate birthday parties with your friends on the day of your birth day?"

"No."

"Do you guys eat the meal of your choice or do you have to eat Christmas diner instead?"

"Christmas diner."

"Do you guys get cake or do you guys eat regular Christmas pie." I ask and he makes a weird face.

"Okay that we do eat cake instead of Christmas pie. What the fuck is a Christmas pie anyways?"

"You know strawberry rhubarb pie." His nose scrunches up and I chuckle. "Have you never had strawberry rhubarb pie?"

"I didn't even know there was a fruit called rhubarb just until right now." He says and I gasp. He didn't just say that.

"You are missing out on so much." I say and then we continue talking. And he spent another night in my bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello beautiful people. Finally after a month of stress and writers block I finally finished writing chapter 22. I'm so happy it's been such a long time since I could finish a chapter. I'm proud of myself. Here's chapter 22!! I believe it to be a cute chapter I think I'm starting to like Max, I know how sad. Chase has a tattoo, *new core memory unlocked*.

Well if you guys liked this chapter make sure to comment, vote and share.

I will see you all next Friday. Byeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
3.2M 81K 44
Carter Miller is a 17 year old girl who started moving around with her mom when her dad died. They end up in her moms hometown for Carter to graduate...
231K 8.5K 86
"I didn't fall for you, you fucking tripped me over." Tara thought her life turned crazy when her best friend's cousin showed up to town. The tall, s...
1.1M 62.1K 40
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...