Broken

By _readerholic_

Evelyn Lodge, sweet but sassy teenager who means the world to her father. But what will happen when a tragedy... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Authors Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

chapter 7

1.2K 24 6
By _readerholic_

I look at my sick excuse for a mother standing in the doorway and I watch as she looks at Dominic in a way she looks at all of her other men. Ew gross.

"Mother, what are you doing here?" I say with disgust.

"My darling daughter, Emily, I missed you so much?" She says in a fake concern. I scrunch my nose and back away. Dominic stands still looking disgusted as well.

"It's Evelyn, mother. My name is Evelyn" what the hell is she here for.

Her eyes wander over Dominic's body and I feel a pang of jealousy. What's wrong with me?

"That's what I said Emily" she's being too nice. She definitely wants something from me.

Dominic rolls his eyes and snaps "just get to the point already Maya. What do you want".

Her eyes go wide at the tone of Dominic's voice but he doesn't seem to care. "Oh my, Dominic how nice to see yo.."

She suddenly acts weak and tries to fall into Dominic's arms practically pushing her boobs out. Dominic steps back and she falls to the ground.

I stiffle a laugh while she tried to get back up. "Emma darling, I was just wondering if you inherited from your dad yet, you know for your studies and stuff. So I came to find out" she gives me a fake smile and I roll my eyes at.

If this bitch really thinks she's gonna get anything of my dad's then she's definitely mistaken. I have to cherish everything of his and keep it very safely.

I already spoke to dad's lawyer earlier and he told me that my dad made a trust for me. Which I can only claim when I'm of age.

That house is the only memory I have of dads and I'm never giving it up for anything in the world.

"You know what mother?" Disgust laced in my voice, "Where were you when dad worked his ass of to help me with my studies? Where were you huh?" I speak up firmly.

"Where were you when dad was heartbroken when you left him just because he couldn't provide you with the lifestyle you wanted? Where were you when my father was suffering? Nowhere. So you should be the last one to ask about what dad has left behind!" My voice so loud it echoes through the entire house.

My mother looks like she's just lost the lottery or something but guess what, I don't care. Just like she never did my entire life.

"Emma darling how could you speak to your mother like that" she looks over at me and I feel like throwing up on her.

"you were never my mother" I say in a low, neutral tone. "AND FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME, MY NAME IS EVELYN!" I scream in her face. "Now get the hell away from here" I say before closing the doors in her face.

I turn to Dominic and his face is priceless. I almost feel like laughing at his reaction. "Wow"he says. "I thought you were one of those quiet, innocent girls" he sounds surprised? Shocked? I don't know.

Dad would have been so proud of me for standing up to Maya like that.

"So your mother gave you a rough life?" He asks. "Pretty much, she made my life hell" I tell him while looking down at my fingers.

I think back to the one time she was so drunk, she sent me out alone to buy her more alcohol in the middle of the night, or another time she called me a useless, dumb, spoilt brat.

But I kept reminding myself that I was lucky. Some people got physically and sexually abused. Lucky my dad would ask me if she would raise her hands on me.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice Dominic calling me. "Evelyn your phone is ringing" . "Huh, oh".

I quickly answer my phone not bothering to check who it was. Before I could say hello, I'm greeted with a loud screech that could literally bust my eardrums.

"Oh my god hey Ev" My entire face lights up, "Cee, I missed your ass" she laughs. "Me too Ev" , her tone changes to seriousness

"How are you keeping up Ev?" I smile at her concern. She is literally the sweetest. "I'm great Cee, what about you?".

"Ev I'm fine but are you okay?". "I'm fine Cee, we should hang out during the weekend it's the last week of summer then back to school, then senior year" I say with excitement. "Yeah" she lets out an exhausted sigh.

"Maybe tomorrow?" I ask, knowing she won't turn me down. "perfect, alright I'll see you then, bye Ev". "See you Cee".

By the time I'm done with the ca, I'm grinning like a fool. "Who was that?" Dominic asks.

"It was my friend" I say to him. We're now sitting in the lounge and watching some documentary on TV.

"Your.... boyfriend?" He asks, his eyes looking just a little bit sad. I laugh "my boyfriend doesn't even know I exist, I actually have alot of boyfriends" I laugh. He looks confused.

"You probably know him, he's about this tall, blond hair, green eyes" he's still confused. "His name is Adrien.....oh god Dominic he's a fictional character" I groan and he looks, relieved? He then laughs.

"We need to watch Miraculous together someday" I say to him and he laughs again. "Yeah I'd love to meet this lucky guy" he smiles and my heart stops.

"And do you have a girlfriend? A wife maybe?" I ask, I'm secretly hoping he doesn't.

"No, I guess I just haven't found the right girl yet" he looks at me from across the couch and gives me a smile that erupts butterflies in my stomach.

"Me too.....the right guy I meant" I say and he chuckles. "So don't you have work to do? Lives to save? Aren't you a doctor?" I ask him.

"I own the hospital so I don't need to be there all the time, i just run it, And I'm an Oncologist, I treat blood cancers so I'm not always needed" he says.

"Oh, so you don't have to be at work all the time?" I ask and he shakes his head causing his brown hair to flop on his forehead. I swear that was the cutest thing.

"That's cool" I say trying to act normal.

It's been a few hours of Dominic and I just sitting in the lounge and chilling when he heard my stomach rumble. He chuckles "Ready for dinner" he asks and I nod shyly.

This time he let me help him and we make homemade pizza from scratch. It actually looked and tasted delicious.

I am currently sitting in bed reading a novel when I feel myself drifting off to sleep.

I let my sleep consume me and I'm out for the night.

It's now 10pm and I'm getting ready to meet Cecilia at the mall. She wants to do some shopping before we get lunch then we'd come back to Dominic's house to chill.

Dominic is really starting to grow on me. It's becoming a normal thing to be staying with him and I'm scared that I'm starting to like him? Just a teeny bit?

I slip into my tank top and leggings with white sneakers and go to tell Dominic that I'll be out. After telling him, I get a message from Cee saying that Valerie will be tagging along.

Honestly, I hate that girl. She used to bully me and body shame me when we were in fifth grade. And now ever since I started working out and stuff and have a nice body, she thinks she can just start being nice to me and I'll forget what she did to me and alot of other people"

She thought that she owned the school and could just walk over the other students. Even Cee hates her guts so I wonder why she said she could hang out with us today.

I wait outside for what felt like hours when I finally see Cee's car pull over and Valerie is sitting in the passengers seat. Hey bitch that's the best friends seat! I say in my mind.

They both get out of the car to great me. I give Cee a questioning look and she just brushes it off.

Valerie wipes her hands on her clothes after hugging me. I should have been the one doing that.

I shoot her one of my fakest smiles with my teeth and ask her, "Valerie, what are you doing here? I thought you were like too busy or something to hang out with us".

Her smile widens "Actually I was but then I decided to give you both some of my time" she says with a disgusted look on her face.

"Well unfortunately Valerie..." I smile at her "We didn't need it" I say to her and walk confidently towards the front seat. And Cee just follows to the drivers side.

Valerie goes to the back seat with a huff and Cee and I laugh with each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Isla By liv

Teen Fiction

1.3M 56.8K 40
[Wattpad Featured] [Watty's Shortlist 2021 & 2022] "Sorry if I'm not in love with you, Everett," I shot back. "You're the one who made a bad first i...
376K 8.7K 41
What do you do when your boyfriend of two years cheats on you and gets caught at junior prom, in front of the whole school? You grieve, you suffer, a...
23.3K 924 78
alcoholic, abusive parents. something nini and her little brother have had to live with their entire lives, nini being 17 and her brother being 6. ni...
27 2 10
A story about a 16 year old girl who has a really boring lifestyle until she meets someone who'll Change everything about her that she probably didn'...