Accepted

By narrowpath

After the dark magic consumed Saron, she was forced to live a life of constantly looking over her shoulder. T... More

The last encounter
A year of running
Two witches one path
The reunion
A painful conversation
Actions have consequences
Hateful glares and guilty consciences
The truth revealed
The Delegation's summon
An unexpected betrayal
All cards on the table
Close call
War has come
The clock is ticking
More bad news
The worst is yet to come
It never ends
Saying goodbye
Back to training
An unexpected ally
A battle with strangers
Let's do the impossible
Limitless potential
It's the final countdown
Not going down without a fight
Training and more training
It's almost time
Preparing for war
It's begun
A narrow escape
Heartbreak and loss
War and it's casualties
The Aftermath
The Third Wave
The Fourth and Fifth Wave
The Real Battle

The Second Wave

63 9 1
By narrowpath

We rejoined the others and ate quickly. We didn't know how much time we'd have until we were attacked again so we tried to make the best of the small break we had been given. The sun was starting to set and it was getting darker outside as night crept in.

"How many people died?" Esat asked, looking around.

"I heard someone say it was around 5,000," Jeremy said, stuffing his face with a burger.

"5,000?!" Star exclaimed, her brows furrowing.

"Did you happen to hear how many of them died?" I asked.

"The Delegation said it was a little over 3,000," Joel said.

"That's it?!?!" Bonnie said, shaking her head in confusion.

"How many fled?" I asked, fearful of his answer.

"About as many that died," Jeremy said.

I sighed in relief but my relief was gone just as quick as it came with Tom's next words.

"Apparently there are more. They just haven't made it here yet. This was just the first wave," Tom said.

"First wave?! How many more waves are left?" Zion questioned.

"At least 5," Joel replied.

It became dead silent as we all processed the information that he had told us.

I knew it was naïve to think that we'd win the war in one battle but to hear that we had just begun and had barely made any progress. It was gut wrenching. I looked around camp. Most were healed up and the others had minor injuries but we had lost too many. At this rate, there wouldn't be anyone left for the 4th or 5th wave. And there might be even more than that. If any of us were to survive, we needed a better plan of attack.

"I'll be back," I said, getting up.

"Where are you going?" Esat asked, narrowing her eyes at me.

"I just need some air."

I could feel someone trailing me as I walked away. Sighing, I turned around.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not. I know what you're doing," Zion said, passing me to walk ahead.

"What am I doing then?"

"You don't think we're going to survive long enough to kill them all so you're going to the Delegation. Your martyr complex isn't going to help you this time."

My mouth dropped, shocked at how well he had read me. I mean I shouldn't be surprised. He was my mate after all.

"And you have a better idea?"

"No."

"Then where are you going?"

"Same place you are."

"You're not here to stop me?" I asked, cocking my head up at him.

"No. Because you're right about one thing. We won't survive if something doesn't change."

I nodded, walking alongside of him in silence.

"Zion, my dear. To what do I owe this pleasure?" Meda greeted him warmly. I flinched at the warmth in her eyes as she looked at him. You'd have never guessed she was once once of his captors.

"We're here to discuss battle strategy. We already lost too many. If there are more waves coming, there won't be enough of us to fight them all," he answered coldly.

I smiled at the iciness in his tone before slipping a hand in his.

"That's none of your concern. Leave it to the adults," she replied, waving dismissively before turning her back on us.

"None of our business? Funny since I'm the reason the battle tipped in our favor." I spat back angrily.

"That was your choice," she snapped back, spinning around to glare at me.

"A choice I made because I was able to see that we were fighting a losing battle."

"We have a plan. That's all you need to know," she replied curtly.

"Well, we don't trust you," Zion said, frowning.

"Tell us the plan or we can force it out of you," I threatened.

"You dare to threaten a member of the Delegation you insolent child?!"

A few other members of the Delegation lined up behind her in support, glaring their eyes at us.

"Saron, let's go," Zion whispered.

"Why? We can take them easily," I said, my palms starting to ignite in flames as I stepped forward.

"No, you need your strength. Let's go," he said, grabbing my arm. His touch instantly calmed me as the flames started to dissipate and my body temperature began to cool down.

"Fine," I said, giving Meda one last distasteful scowl before letting Zion lead me away.

"I don't care if they're our allies. I don't trust them for a second," I said, looking at him.

"I don't either," he said vaguely, his eyes distracted as he was deep in thought.

"What are you thinking?" I asked, curiously.

"They're hiding something, I can feel it." He said, frowning.

"What do you think they're hiding?"

"I don't know. But they're still our allies. Powerful ones. We can't afford to kill them, especially now."

I agreed reluctantly as we made it back to the others.

Conversation subsided as they noticed our arrival. Everyone shifted, making room for us.

"What's wrong?" Joel asked, noticing the look on Zion's face.

When Zion refused to answer, they looked to me for help. I quickly recounted what had just happened to them.

"That's weird. Why wouldn't they just tell you? We're all on the same side," Jeremy commented.

"What if we're not?" Esat said quietly.

"If they weren't on our side, they wouldn't be here helping us," Star pointed out.

"What if they have some ulterior motive for being here?" Tom offered.

"Like?" Bonnie asked.

"I don't know," Tom admitted.

"Maybe we're all overthinking this. Maybe they do have a plan and they just don't want us to worry about it?" Star said.

"Maybe," I said. A part of me wanted to believe her, wanted to trust that they were here to help but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was overlooking something.

"We have bigger things to worry about. Literally," Joel said, referencing the giants.

"We should get some sleep before they attack again," Zion said.

"I'll take first watch," Esat offered.

"No, I will," Bonnie offered.

"Why does nobody let me do anything?" Esat groaned.

"Do you really want us to answer that?" Star joked, laying down.

I laid down, shutting my eyes and allowing sleep to whisk me away.

I awoke to a boom, scrambling up immediately and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I reached down to my waistband, pulling out a knife.

"Saron," Esat groaned, rubbing her eyes before looking at me.

"What was that?" I asked Jeremy, who was standing on guard.

"I have no idea," he said perplexed. The sun was rising and the camp was peaceful and quiet, not a giant in sight. That's when I saw it.

Barely a few feet away, a grenade lying on the ground seconds away from blasting.

"TAKE COVER," I screamed, crouching down to the ground and touching the ground while concentrating. Trees started to sprout up in a circle around where the grenade was, growing high as the grenade exploded, blowing the trees to bits and resulting in a gaping hole in the ground. It sent everyone around it, including us flying backwards.

I grabbed my ears in pain as they were ringing from the blast. I squinted through the smoke, using my senses to gage the aftermath.

I could sense people scrambling every which way, away from the blast. When the smoke cleared, I shot up and flitted to the area. I sighed once I saw nobody had died. A few people were bruised and bleeding, but no casualties.

"Where did that come from?" Zion asked. I turned to find him by my side.

"I have no idea. I didn't see any giants."

"They must be around here somewhere. Someone threw it over here."

I shook my head, walking back towards our friends. I didn't understand it either and my mind was scrambling to make sense of it all. That's when I heard the rushing sound of an object traveling through the air.

I turned around, seeing another grenade coming straight for us. I reached out both hands, tapping into my Earth magic to stop it in the air and send it flying in the opposite directions. It sped through the air, falling far from us in a grove of trees before blasting. I watched the trees come down, torn apart. That's when I saw a foot step out over it and walk out. They were back.

I heard horns resounding all over camp as people screamed and yelled. I ran back to the others, grabbing my bow and arrows before shaking Star awake who was surprisingly snoring through it all.

"THEY'RE BACK. GET UP!" Tom screamed.

I looked at Esat who immediately hid behind Joel, pleading with me.

"I'll take care of her," Bonnie offered, looking at Esat sympathetically.

I turned to see the giants nearing our camp at an alarming speed.

"Fine," I agreed, putting a hand on both Bonnie and Esat and whispering quickly before letting go.

"What did you do?" Bonnie asked, eyes wide.

"Protection spell. Be careful," I said quickly before taking up into the air and soaring quickly towards the giants.

I was almost to them, preparing to fling a knife at the nearest one when they suddenly dropped. The Earth beneath them sank and the hordes of hundreds that had emerged from the trees became trapped under the Earth. I soared above them, looking down in surprise.

I looked back, seeing Meda seated on the ground with her eyes closed murmuring. Both of her hands were on the grass, covered in vines that kept growing up as the Earth opened up further and further and entrapped each giant that emerged from the trees.

So this was their plan? Not bad.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw hundreds of knives start to float from the camp and go flying through the air before landing above the gaping hole the giants had fallen in. At once they all descended, each finding a way into the heart of a giant.

I focused my vampire sight, spotting members of the Delegation scattered across camp, all chanting in unison.

I turned to my left, spotting Tom, Bonnie, and Esat a few feet near me.

"That's so cool," Esat squealed, grinning from where she was perched on Bonnie's back.

"I guess we can trust them," Tom said, his unsure tone deceiving him.

"Are you trying to convince us or yourself?" I asked, smirking at him.

I can't do this for very long. Prepare to fight the rest.

I looked down, noticing Meda's skin pale as blood dripped from her eyes.

My eyes furrowed as I focused on the forest and did a count. Even though she had killed thousands, I could sense thousands more approaching. At least 4000 were still in the trees, waiting to attach.

"What is it?" Bonnie asked, noticing my fearful expression.

"She's getting weaker. She can't keep doing this. There are more in the trees."

"How many?" Tom asked.

"About 4000 from what I can see."

"Great," Bonnie said sarcastically.

"What if I could stop time? It could give everyone a head start?" Esat offered.

"Hell no. We're not doing that," I objected.

"It's okay Esat. Meda already gave us a head start. We can take them," Tom assured her, smiling.

"I have an idea," I said, noticing the hundreds of trees surrounding the giants.

"What?" Tom asked.

I dropped through the air, landing a few feet away from the gaping hole before focusing. I focused on me strength from my werewolf side, feeling the power rush through me as I reached for my Earth magic. I focused on the trees, cocking my arms back before channeling all my strength into my Earth magic and pushing my arms quickly forward as fast as a could. The trees all began to fall backwards, knocking out the giants once by one in a domino effect. I released my wings, flying up quickly above the trees with the hundreds of the students in the air. I watched as the trees toppled one by one, hitting the giants and falling on some. I didn't expect the trees to kill them, just distract them and give us an advantage. Now it was time for us to attack.

I turned around, noticing Meda had fallen backwards and was laid out on the ground before being lifted up into the air. She had lost her strength. I eyed the gaping hole of dead giants. There were thousands, all piled upon one another lifeless.

I joined the crowds of students flying through the air, aiming their weapons and killing the giants who were hurt or covered by trees. I reached back, letting one arrow fly after the other into the unsuspecting hearts of the giants.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29 0 11
A darkness slithers into the dead's haven and turns their spirits against the living. An elven mage who enters the realm of the dead at will... A r...
151 28 23
Ever since she was a young girl, Silk had to fight her way to survive. From escaping the deadly curse she knew almost nothing about, to harnessing po...
50 1 11
Traveling to another world sounds like a dream come true to some; but not for Cecilia. After more than four years of painful suffering, Her only goal...
810 32 26
When Serena caven moves to a little town called blackwoods she soon discovers that she is half witch half human that her father was a warlock and th...