Viking Tribute

By JVernis

At sixteen, Sunngifu is more of a spoiled child than a dignified thane's daughter. She is destined to a life... More

Author's Note
Introduction
Chapter 1: Unwelcome Guests
Chapter 2: Fateful Banquet
Chapter 3: Ambush
Chapter 4: Taken
Chapter 5: Lust
Chapter 6: Drowning
Chapter 7: Questions
Chapter 8: Stormy Night
Chapter 9: Dinner Time
Chapter 10: Late Night
Chapter 11: Day Out
Chapter 12: Conflict
Chapter 13: Surrender
Chapter 14: Travel
Chapter 15: Arrival
Chapter 16: Settling in
Chapter 17: Mead abuse
Chapter 18: Punishment
Chapter 19: Revelations
Chapter 20: Routine
Chapter 21: Evasion
Chapter 22: Locked In
Chapter 23: Illness
Chapter 24: Close Call
Chapter 25: Learning Curve
Chapter 26: Boathouse
Chapter 28: Rejection
Chapter 28: second part.
Chapter 29: Enlightment
Chapter 30: A Slave's Life
Chapter 31: Jol
Chapter 31: part two
Chapter 32: Mending
Chapter 32: part two
Chapter 33: Fear
Chapter 34: Wave
Chapter 35: Rekindling
Chapter 36: Extended Stay
Chapter 37: Conversation
Chapter 38: Seer
Chapter 39: Freedom
Chapter 40: Courting
Chapter 41 Bride To Be
Chapter 42: Wedding fright
Chapter 43: Handfast
Chapter 44: Banquet
Chapter 45: New Life Resolutions
Chapter 46: Geese and Bows
Chapter 47: Ambush
Chapter 48: Race for Life
Chapter 49: Naming
Epilogue
Notes

Chapter 27: A Strange Bath

136K 5.1K 495
By JVernis

WARNING: This chapter contains scenes that might not be appropriate for readers under 15. Read at your own risks! Unedited.

I stayed there for a while, regaining my strength. The ships were stored for the winter without further setback and the crowd started to disperse.

There was a chill in the air. The sun had vanished behind menacing dark clouds and as I rose to head back, the heavens opened. Those who were still around took refuge indoors but I chose not to. I didn't want to risk facing the child's parents again. I kept on my way.

Despite the short distance I was drenched to the bones when I arrived at Lord Einarr's home. I stepped around dripping servants to reach my bench and grabbed dry clothing inside. The top escaped my wet fingers and fell in place with a bang, attracting unwanted attention. I shrunk and tiptoed into the main room, where I draw a curtain to change. Most women here didn't bother but I wasn't used to the leering eyes of men. I always had my own room before.

I wrung my hair and began to towel dry it. The racket on the roof had ceased. I grumbled, complaining against my luck. Even the weather hated me.

"Here you are Sunngifu! Einarr Godi sent me to find you."

I looked at Svana in disbelief, struggling to dry my damp curls with a towel. "What does he want? I must return to my work!" Those fleeces weren't going to comb themselves.

She frowned. "He is your master, your duty is whatever he tells you to do. He is going to bath in the pool and you are to assist him."

My eyes widened. "Didn't he get rinsed enough already? It is only noon, this is no time to bathe!"

Svana shrugged. "Einarr Godi bathes when he so wishes. Now get soap and towels and hurry!"

I rolled my eyes and obeyed. Better that than combing.

The sun was back yet my boots were covered in mud by the time I reached the pool. Lord Einarr floated on the water, his head resting on the edge. I couldn't help peeking at his very naked form before he noticed me.

"Sunngifu! Come here." He sat and waived me over.

"My Lord". I approached, hoping he didn't see me gawking at him.

"Wash my hair."

He reclined and I complied, kneeling behind him. I worked the soap into his scalp, massaging it.

"Maybe I should keep you as my personal maid. You excel at this."

I blushed at the unexpected praise and poured water on him. He sank and shook his head when he surfaced, showering me. I shrieked and fell on my bottom.

Laughing he stood, hands on his hips, while I scrambled to my feet. "Your work isn't finished Sunngifu."

I glared at him, my dress ruined. "I did what you asked."

He ruffled through my basket of supplies and handed me a cloth. "Wash me."

Huffing, I took the square of linen and soaped it. I resumed my previous position and reached out to him. "You need to come closer, my arms aren't long enough!"

He shrugged. "Then undress and get in."

I stared at him dumbly and he cocked an eyebrow, his lips twitching up. It made me come to my senses. It was not a question. It was an order.

My hands trembled as I discarded my dress and smock. The cold seized me and I hurried to get into the pool.

He had retreated to the deepest part and was in waist deep. I was smaller and was glad that my breasts were covered. He had seen me before, in a closed room lit by candles, but being naked in front of him out and in plain sight felt different, more sinful.

"You were very brave earlier, Sunngifu." The compliment was unexpected.

I mumbled an embarrassed answer. I didn't think I had been so brave, I just followed my instinct. What disgusting creature would watch a child die if they could prevent it?

 I began lathering him, half-expecting him to grab me. I ran the soapy fabric down his right arm. In my inexperience, I went too fast and dropped the cloth. I cringed; I would have to dip my head in to retrieve it. Since I nearly drowned, I couldn't bear the thought of it.

"Leave it and go on."

 His sharp command made me jump. Yet, I was nearly relieved at it. Nearly, because  I would have to use my bare hands. Something I found strangely unsettling. While we had been intimate, it was always him touching me. I had never returned his attentions.

I lathered my hands slowly, gaining time. My unease must have shown for he tried to reassure me.

"Do not fret, Sunngifu, I will not move."

I met his gaze and nodded. If there was something I had learned about him, it was that he never broke a promise. I would be safe.

Hesitantly, I raised my arms and rested my palms on his chest. His heart bounced in the familiar rhythm that had lulled me to sleep many times. Even now, it soothed me. He was so warm. Did the cold not affect him?

I glanced up to find a smug expression on his face. He was having fun. I frowned; it wasn't fair. Then a wicked idea popped in my mind and I grinned. His word was binding him. He was in my power.

My fingers began to trace his scars, drawing pretty foam patterns on his muscles. They jumped under my touch. I tried grazing my nails lightly on his skin and he shivered. I was elated. I went on, taking my sweet time, torturing him. I made a show of gathering warm water and pouring it. I found the two little buds on his chest and blew cold air on them, then pinched them gently. I was really enjoying this.

"Sunngifu!" he groaned in a warning tone.

I beat my eyelashes. "I'm sorry, my Lord, I have never done this. You must forgive my mistakes."

If eyes could throw flames I would have been burnt to ashes. I was aware that I would regret my boldness later, but I was going to get some payback. There was no stopping me.

I strayed lower and stroked his flat stomach. Filled his navel with foam and blew it off. Pulled on the  thin line of hair below it. His muscles twitched and flexed in response. It was exciting.

Next I attacked his back, paying exploring the crook of his neck, his nape, kneading his flesh... His breathing had shortened. I chuckled and scraped down the length of his spine and his sides. Waves of goosebumps followed in my wake. His body twisted away and I tutted at him. "You said you wouldn't move..."

"She-devil," he hissed between clenched teeth.

I answered by tickling the top of his buttocks and slapped them lightly. "Would you sit on the ledge, my Lord, so that I could wash your legs?"

He grumbled but did it. The stone seat wasn't deep and I couldn't miss the result of my ministrations. But I wasn't done. I explored his toes and the soles of his feet and covered every inch of his limbs with soft caresses. Last I lathered his left arm, fondling my way down to his fingers. While his skin was smooth, his palms were calloused. Enjoying the contrast, I lingered on them.

As I stepped back, his hand closed on mine. "Where are you going?"

I stared at him: "I have done what you ordered, my Lord. You are clean."

He shook his head. "Not entirely. Go back to work." He pointed between his legs and my eyes widened. I had assumed that he would take care of these parts himself. I was suddenly very warm. Placating a smile on my lips I pointed: "You need to stand again for this, my Lord."

He rose and went to the shallow end. The water lapped at his thighs. I was strangely nervous. With my eyes fixed on his, I grabbed him. I rubbed cautiously, wondering if I was doing it right. He nodded and my confidence grew. I stroked him and he tensed. I increased the pressure and his eyelids dropped, a look of rapture spreading on his face. His lips parted slightly and I fought the impulse to taste them.

By then he was certainly clear of any dirt and grime but I kept going, fascinated. A strange heat was building inside me with every moan I forced out of him. I was doing this to him. Pleasuring him. He was in my power. And for a moment, I was free again.

"Sunngifu, you have to stop, now!" His voice was strained.

I let him go at once. Did I hurt him? "I'm sorry, my Lord, I didn't mean to..."

"You were doing well. Too well in fact." His eyes flew open. "It's my turn, little dreki. I will wash you."

I scampered away and he cornered me.

"Do not move."

I whimpered. I feared and longed for his touch. Was he angry at me?

But he cleaned me. Just, plain, cleaned me. He was fast, efficient; he could have been bathing a child. I huffed in frustration.

He laughed and his hand drifted below my navel, and between my legs. He remained still and I held my breath. Watching me closely, he began to move, nice and slow. It was pleasant, but not quite what I expected. Needed. I didn't know.

And then, nothing. He turned and walked away.

"Wait!" He couldn't do this. It was... insulting. It had to be why I was so upset.

"What do you want, Sunngifu?"

A ghost of a smile played on his mouth. I wanted to slap it. I wanted to kiss it. I rushed towards him.

"You cannot do this. I...I..."

He stopped abruptly and I struggled to avoid colliding with him. The bottom of the pool was slippery; I lost my footing and stumbled into his arms. He caught me and sat, leaving me standing between his legs.

His forehead pressed against mine. "What do you want, Sunngifu?" he repeated.

"I..." I had no answer for him. I couldn't think.

"Show me," he whispered, his breath mixing with mine.

That did it. I was lost. My arms latched onto his neck and I kissed him. This was my answer. I wanted him. I pressed myself against him as if I could fuse us together.

He returned the kiss and pushed me slightly away. My face fell.

"Forgive me, my Lord, I know you do not wish to bed me again." I was ashamed at my behavior. How could I have forgotten?

He chuckled. "This is not my bed and I won't get you with child. But your ribs are not healed; we have to be careful. Don't worry, little dreki, you will have me."

I blushed fiercely and he took charge. He made me pay for my teasing. Tenfold. I forgot everything that wasn't us, everything that wasn't him. There could have been a crowd watching us and I wouldn't have noticed. Nor cared. I was getting close to bursting with pleasure.

And suddenly I did. I was floating on a cloud of ecstasy, anchored to this world by his eyes.

And then I came down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 13K 122
It all started when Princess Catheline married the dangerously attractive and recently crowned King of Anthreal, Xander. After their marriage, he ne...
5.5M 440K 95
Sitting on the bed, I was waiting for my husband to arrive. It was our wedding Night. I rolled my toes as the visuals of him slowly touching my cheek...
18.6K 2.3K 87
Amarsri is spellbound, Srinav is mesmerized. The gods and goddesses are charmed, while the humans are bewitched. The animals are enthralled, birds ar...
Malika By laiba

Historical Fiction

716K 54K 44
This book is a sequel to Khalifa and cannot be read as a standalone. To avoid spoilers, description and excerpt are added inside the book. ✵ Started:...