A piece of us (Xiao x fem!rea...

By iamscaredoftheocean

*under editing* 53 % finished. Being special, Y/n had been taken in by the Geo Archon. She met the adepti, in... More

Before you read
Prologue - Meeting the adepti
The Blondie
Two words: Almond. Tofu.
What a tease~
The boy named Kazuha
What a nice day to live
The Exuvia
Childe's backup plan
Osial
See you again now
Dear Liyue... i love you
Lantern Rite, part 1
Lantern Rite, part 2
Lantern Rite, part 3
The Crux Clash
Did this just happen?
This happened...
Welcome to Inazuma
Sister bonding
Realization
The resistance
A battle and a decision.
Reunion
Leaf is a real one
Catching up with the ladies
Just let me sleep
Aether needs help
Your shield
Who am i?
Xiao in Inazuma
A scarf and a vision
Your own style
Seducing Xiao
Paint your mask with jealousy
Uh-oh...
This is bad
An overgrown tree
He knew
Everything went bad
Quietly screaming inside
Oh Y/n...
A long time passed
Happiness in a different way
Author's note
(Behind the scenes) (entertaining chapter)
(Behind the scenes) part 2
(Oh well, LET'S HAVE A SEQUEL!)

Exhaustion

28.2K 930 1K
By iamscaredoftheocean

(Yes i'm stealing Aethers moment and giving it to Y/n. Sorry Aether, this story ain't about you)

-

Xiao pov:

I got safely back to the Jade Chamber and the Traveler and Qixing soldiers getting safely back. Then I turned to the battle ground and saw that it had already collapsed.

This caused me to automatically look around for one specific person. Unfortunately, she was nowhere in sight. My eyes widened as I realized the only thing that could have happened, and i jumped off the Jade Chamber.

My feet found themselves on a piece of falling debris and my eyes scanned the area.
When I spotted her, I quickly dashed forward to catch her.

One of my arms swung under her legs and the other one held behind her shoulders. I then dashed back up to the Jade Chamber.

Y/n pov:

We then stood at the Jade Chamber, all the adepti had saved all the falling people.

I tried to wiggle out of Xiao's arms so i could stand on my own, but i felt his grip around me tighten.
Xiao! Let me down this is embarrassing. I thought. I looked over to the others and no one seemed care except for Paimon. She was staring at us in awe.

"Xiao... you can put me down now..." i whispered to him.
He didn't react at all and didn't put me down.
Did he not hear me.
"Xiao..." i said a little louder.
"I heard you the first time." He said.

Eh?

My face heated up and i hid my face in his chest, hoping no one would notice. And no one did, which is good.

"The Guizhong Ballista is destroyed. Without it's covering fire, retaliation shall be difficult." Cloud Retainer said.
"But the Jade Chamber is our last Line of defence. We can't give another inch.. no matter what." Ganyu said.

Then Ningguang appeared in the middle of us all.
"I have.. another idea." She said.
"What do you mean Lady Ningguang?" Ganyu asked.
"I'll sacrifice the Jade Chamber." She said.

Xiao then put me down.
Ningguang... she had spent her whole life on her dream, the Jade Chamber.

"I understand." Xiao said and swiped his hand over his face. His mask covering it. All the adepti stood in a ring, using their adeptal power.

"Traveler, lend me a hand.." Lady Ningguang said.
Aether looked at us all and nodded. He drew his weapon and was surrounded by adeptal power.

"Farewell old friend.. Goodbye for now. Let us meet again in the future." Lady Ningguang said.
Aether drew his sword back and then pierced it to the flooring. A large light erupted by this and the Jade Chamber started shaking. And slowly falling apart.

The Chamber then fell, fast. And just as it was about to hit Osial, I felt a pair of arms wrapping around me and teleporting me away.

-

A loud explosion appeared once the Jade Chamber had hit Osial.

-

We all were in Liyue now. Xiao teleported the two of us to the harbor. And the others were flying on the adepti. We all looked out towards Guyun Stone Forest. A huge cloud of smoke covered the islands.

It was late and the sky had gone dark.

"Is it... finally over?" Paimon asked, breaking the silence.

"The ominous aura of that monster had indeed begun to fade." Moon Carver said.
"The effects of the sigil of permission lasts but a short time."
"It will be some time before the overlord of vortex can make some waves again." He finished.

Ningguang walked towards us. "We are indebted to you for your assistance. If the adepti hadn't happened to be here, the future of Liyue Harbor would surely have been in great jeopardy." She said.

"Hmph, save your flattery. We didn't just 'happen' to be here... surely you won't pretend to have forgotten the reason for which we came?" Cloud Retainer said.

Madame Ping quickly stopped their bickering.
"Come now, there's no need for such harsh words, Cloud Retainer. I've heard that when Ningguang began learning to do business, she had already started setting aside part of her then-limited income in preparation for building the Jade Chamber." Madame Ping said.
"At first, it was only the size of a small room. But with continued expansion, it had become the palace that lies before you now." She said.

I remember Ningguang once told me about her dream, to make the Jade Chamber so big that it could be seen over all of Teyvat. It's a pity it had to be sacrificed.

"It is a testament to Ningguang's entire life, both as businesswoman and as the backbone of the Liyue Qixing." Madame Ping continued,
"Seeing the Jade Chamber destroyed in the defense of Liyue means so much to her. To me, such cooperation and sacrifice deserves atleast some recognition, don't you agree." She finished.

"I do agree, madame Ping." I said. Ningguang looked at me and gave a gentle smile.
She then turned to madame Ping. "Well, i was really hoping you would say that such sacrifice could atleast be used as some leverage in our negotiations." Ningguang said. Madame Ping chuckled lightly.

"Thank you all for hearing me out. We know very well why the adepti came here today... but please forgive us, we cannot yield to your wishes." She said.

I didn't really know what the adepti talked about when i left to guard the exuvia, and i didn't know what they talked about with the Qixing.

"Oh?" Moon Carver said shortly.

"3,700 years... according to our records, the adepti signed a contract with Rex Lapis to protect Liyue 3,700 years ago."

"Even to this very day, Liyue and its lands have stood the test of time, immovable as stone, just as it was thousands of years before. This is truly no small feat." Lady Ningguang said.

"But that does not mean, that the Liyue of today is the same city as it was all those years ago. Do not cast your protective gaze upon the land. Instead, focus on your sights on our city and each of the citizents that dwell within it." She said.

Moon Carver walked right up to her. "Are you questioning our means of protecting Liyue?" He asked. Ningguang not flinching at all.

"Hmm...." Mountain Shaper sighed.

"I mean no offense. I simply hope that our adepti forebearers would see Liyue in a new light." Ningguang said.

"Hah, forebearers you say? One doubts you would be fit to be part of such a lineage." Cloud Retainer said.

I tried not to laugh because of their bickering. I looked over at Xiao and he looked as if he was bored and didn't care much about the conversation.

"This morning. Rex Lapis appeared to me in a dream." Ningguang said. This caught my attention. So i looked back towards her.

"What?"

"In the dream, i yearned to tell him that we Qixing, though mortal, are equally bound to the contract. Each passing generation of the Qixing leaves many tings of value to be inherited by the next generation." Lady Ningguang said.
While Ningguang kept telling them about her dream, i turned to Xiao.

"You seem tired." I said. "I don't get tired." He said. "Really? I highly doubt that, i think even someone like you would need rest once in a while." I said.

I then felt something. "Even if you don't feel tired... I think i do." I said. "I really think i do..." I felt myself once again feeling warm and heavy. The pain slowly creeping into my body.

Xiao looked over at me with a hint of concern. "Y/n?"
I then felt my whole body going limp and everything turned black.

Xiao pov:

"Y/n?" I said. She didn't look too good. I could tell her breathing was getting heavier. And all of a sudden, she went completely limp. Her body was falling so i caught her.

"We should return now." I said and picked her limp body up in my arms.

"Eager to leave, conquerer of demons?" Moon Carver asked.

I didn't answer and leaped into the air with Y/n in my arms. The others could keep talking as long as they wanted, but Y/n needed rest now.

Rex Lapis told me a long time ago this could happen if she overused her pure energy on others, rather than herself.

-

I landed on the balcony at Wangshu Inn. I walked to the stairs and saw Verr Goldet was still here.

"Bring me a blanket and a pillow! And a cold towel!" I said from top of the stairs.

I could hear her sigh, "alright!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.5K 3.6K 34
❝ Is this another bitter herb you're forcing me to eat, you mortal? ❞ ❝ No, little Xiao, it is simply a pretty flower. ❞ β€· 𝘟π˜ͺ𝘒𝘰 𝘹 𝘨/𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘒π˜₯...
20.8K 480 14
when she was asked to babysit the anemo archon during his stay in liyue, she wasn't expecting him to have her begging to be fucked by a god, especial...
27.2K 1.1K 23
❝ πšƒπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš›πš˜πš—πšπšŽπšœπš πšŒπš˜πš—πšπš›πšŠπšŒπšπšœ πšŠπš›πšŽ πšπš‘πš˜πšœπšŽ πšπš‘πšŠπš πšŒπš˜πš–πšŽ πšπš›πš˜πš– πš‹πš•πš˜πš˜πš.❞ Thousands of years ago, Rex Lapis made a con...
150K 5.2K 74
"One day you will meet someone who will ease your suffering." * ( Occasional use of adult language, mention of blood/gore, mention of mental illnesse...