𝐖𝐡𝐨'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐕�...

By grilledbread

In a world of black and white, good and evil, yin and yang. What happens if you always thought you were the g... More

Prelude(Intro and Info)
Chapter 1- Starting Off with a Bang
Chapter 2- Whos My Dealer?
Chapter 3- Consider the Deal
A/N
Chapter 4- The Good Guys
Chapter 5- Bandana
Chapter 6- Cuddly
Chapter 7- 6:00PM
Chapter 8- Black Star
Chapter 9-Welcome Home
A/N, thank you!!
Chapter 10- Direct Messages
Chapter 11- Scorching Droplets
Chapter 12- The Early Bird
Chapter 13- Napkin, Fork, Knife
Chapter 14- Dinner
Chapter 15- Confrontational
Chapter 16- Lucky Fellas
Chapter 17- Make Daddy Proud
Chapter 18- Tent
Chapter 19- Dead Weight
Chapter 20- ROOF(s)
Chapter 21- Backup?
not an update ! just shits and giggles
Chapter 23- Phone Call
Chapter 24- Trust
a/n !
Chapter 25- Elegant
a/n !
Chapter 26- Towel War
Chapter 27- Fancy

Chapter 22- Soot

193 7 12
By grilledbread

a/n
enjoy :]

Y/N POV
The car came to a screeching halt. The brakes slammed the floor with no resistance. God I hated Quackity's driving. We were at a guards post.

Quackity was quietly discussing with the guard, a few snickers here and there were heard and finally the gates in front of us opened. I looked through the window across from me and saw a big black building. That was it. Really? That's it? All that fighting for nothing? I crossed my arms across my chest and leaned my head back into the seat. I heard somebody's body from the front shift backwards.

"Get ready for the best agency you're about to see." I had recognized Jacks thick accented voice. He held the slightest bit of excitement. I simply sighed, I was tired. Soon the bumpy road was not the only movement I was feeling, Dreams leg that laid against my foot started to bounce. I lifted my leg and put it on his leg. I glanced down at him to already find him staring.
'It'll be alright' I mouthed.

And before you knew it we were let in. And hell. Jack was right. Inside the building was a vast amount of space, but that's not what grabbed my attention. It was the fact that in the middle there was a big UFO. The top of the UFO reaching the ceiling, while the built in bright neon beam reached the floor. The beam held an elevator within for transportation.
I heard Dream whistle.
"Holy shit." I whispered. To which Dream laughed.
"Wonder how long this shit took.." Dream mumbled.

We came to another screeching halt once more and suddenly he trunk doors were bursted open. Men wearing purple suits with sunglasses and ear pieces came in taking all of our loot boxes full of goods. I watched as 2 men struggled carrying a box. We were really generous with our package it seems. And then they shut.

"IS PURPLED HERE BOYS?" Quackity yelled at whoever.
"You just missed him, boss. But he did tell us to tell you that your services are much appreciated and here's the payment," the agent handed a sizeable suit case, to which Quackity took and handed it to Jack. "You never fail to bring the best of our good Quackity." The agent smiled.
"Any time, Michael. Well we gotta go. Our group was absolutely fucked by Sam! I swear that guy is taking some sort of heavy drug!" He exclaimed. But the agent didn't return the same energy back. Rather, a hefty sigh left his lungs. His head hung a bit before releasing whatever thought encased him in such a bad mood.

"Word around town is that quirk enhancers have been spreading; specifically to our hero agency's. Sam has been in the media, under fire lately as well as some big contestors like Soot." My eyes widened and my head whipped to Dream. But when I looked over his eyes were already glued to the man.

"Soot? As in the guy that is in agency hours away from here?" Dream asked.
"Yeah. A traveler, a mischief in the papers, a threat, a liability. Media has seen his power grow so much, as well as even gain another power," The agent shifted his glasses and glanced down at his watch before looking back up. "He came to Purpled and offered deals. We declined because we know very well what side he stands for. But his offer was so..conspicuous we don't know anymore. But anyway, I have to-"

"No wait! You have to explain to us more!" Dream yelled from the back.
He shook his head. "I can't. I wish I could."
"This is a serious matter-" Dream tried reasoning.
"And why do you care so much?" And that's what shut Dream up. His hand that was once raised to prevent the agency from leaving found it way back to his lap. He slowly turned back towards my direction, readjusting his mask to properly frame his face. The displacement happening from the moment of shock and surprise.

"It was nice talking." The agent said before leaving. And that was our cue to leave as well.

Time skip to when everybody gets home bc im lazy.

Dream went to the bathroom while I decided to go straight to our contemporary home. As soon as I entered our room I threw on a pair of sweats a tighter fit tank top, plopping in bed. Every muscle in my body relaxed. Every tensed muscle finally releasing the pain they held within the stressed bonds. My mind started flipping through the day, which immediately became a regret.

The fight. The loss. The humiliation. The needing of a 'saving'. Everything that could've gone wrong went wrong. I sat up and rubbed my face, but not having enough energy to move my face from my hands.

"Hey." Dream said quietly as he entered. He smelled of laundry detergent and small hints of his cologne.
I simply grunted in response. The embarrassment of today started to finally kick in. A pit forming in my stomach, but not out of fear or adrenaline.
Out of defeat and realization. I felt the emotions soon start to settle into anger. Anger about how I let such a defeat come along so easily.

I felt the extra weight settle onto the bed with me. The dip on the outside of the bed becoming deeper as more of his weight distributed unevenly.
"You okay?"

I didn't say anything. I let the atmosphere speak for itself. It wasn't like I had anything to say. Because in reality, I didn't. I didn't have anything to say to him. All that he wanted to be verbalized was reassurance. Reassurance that it wasn't his fault that all my emotions are such in a deep loop of change. Reassurance that he didn't fuck up. Reassurance.

"Of course." I said as I finally lifted my head from my hands.
"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You suck at lying." He said so nonchalantly. I hated that about him. How he read me like a book. But he didn't. He knew so little but so much about me. It's like he flipped a book to one of the middle pages, and started reading from the climax to the end of the story. From the climax you'll understand so much, but if you don't read the beginning you'll never know so much. The introductory, the origin, the motivation; nothing.
"And how would you know that?"
"Have I ever told you your eyes glow the slightest whenever you have a strong emotion overtaking you?" Oh. Thank you universe.

I stayed in silence. Staring at the wall that our bed faced. There was nothing interesting on it besides the decorations I've analyzed so much before. I finally spoke once I realized that time was ticking, but not fast enough for Dream to care. He would wait 30000 ticks just to hear me talk. Even if ir was something stupid, he would wait.

"Sam."
"What about him?" He questioned.
I just whispered a 'yea. Sam.'

"I'm worried for you n/n. Just tell me."
"Sam. He was right. He was right about the fact that I needed somebody to save me. What am I? Some damsel in distress? A princess who needs saving? It's pathetic. Im pathetic for not being able to stand up against him. I needed you to come and save me, like I was fucking princess Peach stuck in Bowser's tower. A coward." Every word came out with the taste of a bitter poison. I could feel the built up anger slowly started to faucet out. But with anger comes the calm, the realization, the dissipation.
"But when I was fighting him he brought me into a world of memories. A world of us before we were us. A world before our corruption of society, if black and white, of villain and heroes. He saw right through me. He saw a little girl who just wants to see a world without violence for one day so she can walk to the park at night to play with fire flys." I sighed.
"One last thing," I turned towards Dream facing him. His face held that of concern but a calm. A calm due to me opening up. "Sam has changed. A lot." And that's when his face dropped a bit. His emotion dropping the concern and more of a look of agreement and anguish. He knew.
"He was ready to kill and I'm sorry. I'm sorry you had to see him in the state he was in. A blood thirsty man killer, who was ready to kill what he used to consider family." Dream put his head down.

"I knew it would come." He rasped out. His voice broke a little.
"I knew he would change into the person he is now," He rubbed his eyes. "When I was little I used to yell at him for becoming so work obsessed that he would miss my academic accomplishments. He drove himself to insanity and I knew it was going to come. His fate was put in stone the day he missed my graduation. My graduation from my education to the real world, especially when I had gotten such an accomplishment so early on." He looked up at me.
"He recognized you. Me. Us. Yet his sympathy is gone." He sighed and looked away.

A silent atmosphere took over. Comforting us both. The silence encased a sense of protection over us, and we gratefully sat in it. I finally slouched my shoulders and decided to lay down in the bed facing the ceiling, and Dream shortly followed.

"Soot tomorrow?" I asked.
"We gotta talk about that, but yes. Tomorrow." He replied. I felt the weight of his body turn once more on the bed. I felt his arms start to snake around my torso.

"Goodnight, y/n."
"Goodnight." I said quietly, and slowly sleep seeped into my brain; taking me to a place of unconsciousness.

a/n
kind of short, but kind of long. hope u enjoyed the characters finally emotion dumping :))!!
consider voting please :]]
bloop
-grilledbread

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

986K 37.2K 88
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
309K 29K 67
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
1.2M 48K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...