Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever O...

By dalnim4419

More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Hey!
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

34

4K 107 6
By dalnim4419

Lorenzo and I had a hard time because work load was heavy but we still managed to get everything done before the due time.

I ignored Elena all the while since I didn't want to spark any enmity.

We had just boarded the plane to go back home when I started getting this really bad feeling.

"Are you okay? You seem troubled" Lorenzo came and placed a hand on my forehead.

"I'm having this really bad feeling, like something terrible is going to happen" I groaned as Lorenzo gently wiped beads of sweat from my forehead.

"Take rest. I'm sure you'll be all good" Lorenzo placed a thin blanket over me.

I began feeling restless, a different kind of restless. I couldn't sleep, I didn't feel hungry.

Something bad is about to happen and my heart is telling me that, I wonder what it is.

After a long restless flight, we are led into a vehicle to get home and I still feel horrible.

"Let's get you to the hospital" Lorenzo looked worried.

"I'm okay. Once we get home, I'll take a nap and I'll be all good to go" I tell him and he just nods.

I'm almost on the verge of getting knocked out when my phone rings again.

"Yes?" I asked as soon as I pick up the call, not even checking who had called.

"Mrs. Natalie, you are expected to report to Mr. Salvatore, first thing tomorrow morning" My father's secretary informed.

"Yeah, sure. You can email me the time and I'll be there" I replied before hanging up.

I fall into a restless sleep and since I'm half conscious, Lorenzo carries me bridal style to the bedroom when I get sufficient sleep.

"You need to get away" A lady who's face I can't figure out tells me.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

"You- You don't want a part of you to die, do you?" She looked desperate.

"Nat" Lorenzo gently shook me.

"Hmm?" I got up, placing my head on the headboard.

"Here, soup" Lorenzo said as he fed me soup.

"Don't wait for me tomorrow morning. I'll have to stop at the Salvatore Enterprises headquarters before reaching your office" I inform Lorenzo.

"Why? Did Dad call for you?" He asked, gently wiping away some soup which had started dripping from my chin.

"Mhmm" I answer and Lorenzo quietly feeds me soup.

After I'm done, I freshen up real quick only to get back to bed and sleep sure did consume me because I woke up only the next morning, thanks to my alarm.

"I'm leaving!" I said loudly since Enzo was in the closet, getting dressed for work.

"You want me to drop you?" He offered but I declined.

Though my guts kept telling me something would go wrong, I pushed it away as I got out to start a new day.

After a 25 minutes drive, I reach the headquarters where I find Dad's secretary standing by the lobby.

"Good morning, Mrs. Natalie. Mr. Salvatore will see you in ten minutes. Until then, you are asked to wait here" The secretary greeted me.

Mrs. Natalie. It's been a few months and it still sounds so foreign.

I nod my head and strike a conversation with the receptionist.

"Sarah, I heard that Tony is making frequent visits to the headquarters" I inquire.

"Yes, he is. He tends to come with his girlfriend regarding work" She explained.

"That's good. I'm glad he's taking interest in business" I comment.

I feel a sudden tap on my shoulder and I respond by turning around.

"Enzo?" I asked as Lorenzo stood in front of me, looking as hot as ever in the clothes I had picked this morning.

"Yeah, Dad asked me to come here" He answered my unasked question.

Just then, my Dad's secretary motioned the both of us to Dad's office and my mind was all over the place, I was restless and this unsaid, unknown feeling kept creeping up in my mind that something bad is going to happen.

Or Enzo and I have been called for work related issues and maybe I'm just overthinking.

I take a deep breath as Lorenzo and I followed behind the secretary only to find both my Dad and my father-in-law comfortably seated on the couch in one corner of the office.

After greeting our parents, we sat on the opposite couch and soon Dad started to speak.

There was this defeaning silence surrounding us, so thick, it felt like it would suffocate me any minute from now.

What scared me was that Dad didn't give me a genuine smile even once and I wondered what mistake I had made.

"Merlin" Dad called his secretary who placed a file on the center table.

Before we could analyze anything, Dad started to speak again.

"Since the both of you have opted for a contract marriage, we have decided to make it easier for you since we don't want to bound you with a fake marriage. We will have the both of you separate and inform the press that it's for some genuine reason" Dad said in a monotone.

My heart dropped.

I felt numb. I couldn't process what was happening.

"What?" I looked at them.

"We didn't know that the both of you were forced to cooperate to this extend. It's better that you both file for a divorce. I'll make it much easier too, I'll have the divorce papers separately sent to the both you" Lorenzo's Dad said and both our fathers' tone of speaking gave me the chills.

I felt the heart wrenching pain and I couldn't say anything.

I didn't even dare to look at Lorenzo. I knew that I couldn't handle it.

"But we're on good terms now" Lorenzo defended.

"This contract clearly states that you will divorce in a few months time. We will make it happen for the both of your conveniences" Dad said again, not a hint of emotion wavering in his tone of speaking.

"Dad, please. I like him. I really do" I pleaded, my voice breaking down.

"Enough. We're leaving, Natalie" Dad said in a commanding tone.

I refused to stand up and held Lorenzo's hand as tight as I could.

Lorenzo couldn't say anything, he was in utter shock.

"Enzo, please do something" I held on him but he knew he had no evidences or plan B.

"Karina. Follow me, now" Dad commanded and I had no choice but to follow him.

"I'll figure something out okay" Lorenzo tried to comfort me as he slowly pulled me away from him.

Such a Lorenzo thing. To figure out a solution inorder to address the problem.

I quietly follow behind Dad as my heart sank to the deepest. I felt like the ceiling of the floor above had crashed on me.

I felt down. There was this indescribable feeling to run back to Lorenzo but I dared not disappoint Dad nor the whole family.

Sometimes, my life isn't mine at all.

As I got into the car that Dad had arranged for me, I looked back, one last time to find Lorenzo getting into the car with a troubled expression.

"Mrs. Natalie" Jones greeted me.

"Hey, Jones" I greeted and burst out crying in the car.

Jones didn't say anything furthermore neither did I initiate a conversation.

As my sobs got quieter, the car came to a halt and I knew I reached home.

"Mrs. Natalie, I hope everything goes well. It's my earnest wish" Jones looked at me sincerely before I trudged in behind my Dad.

I quietly walked up to my room and got into bed.

What am I going to do now?

I'm going to get divorced.

My family will make my divorce happen if they can force me to get married.

My heart yearned to be near Lorenzo, my mind screamed for him and my restlessness increased, yet I know what waits for me.

My biggest fear will come true and I will have no way out of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.8K 1.3K 48
๐ˆ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฅ , ๐€๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ฒ๐š๐ก ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ญ๐ก ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก...
53.3M 378K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
30.4K 575 36
หš ยท . "Welcome to FPE Oneshots!, feel free to make requests." โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โœŽ ๐™๐™š๐™ฆ๐™ช๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ค๐™จ...