πŠπˆπ‹π‹ 𝐌𝐘 π“πˆπŒπ„, w.soot

By manishroom

You're the only one that makes me feel alive I can't keep drowning in the shadows Here I am, lay it all on th... More

ZERO.
ONE.
TWO.
THREE.
FOUR.
FIVE.
SIX.
SEVEN.
EIGHT.
NINE.
TEN.
ELEVEN.
TWELVE.
THIRTEEN.
FOURTEEN.
FIFTEEN.
SIXTEEN.
SEVENTEEN.
EIGHTEEN.
NINETEEN.
TWENTY.
TWENTY ONE.
TWENTY TWO.
TWENTY THREE.
TWENTY FOUR.
TWENTY FIVE.
TWENTY SIX.
TWENTY SEVEN.
TWENTY NINE.
THIRTY.
THIRTY ONE.
THIRTY TWO.
THIRTY THREE.
THIRTY FOUR.
THIRTY FIVE.
THIRTY SIX.
THIRTY SEVEN.
THIRTY EIGHT.
THIRTY NINE.
FORTY.
extra chapters !
EXTRA CHAPTER ONE.
EXTRA CHAPTER TWO.
EXTRA CHAPTER THREE.

TWENTY EIGHT.

10.6K 426 351
By manishroom

TWENTY EIGHT ;
everything in between

real life !

Evelyn was almost embarrassed to admit that she was nervous to see Wilbur. It was stupid to even think about considering that he had quickly become one of her closest friends and she was quite literally do almost anything for him.

But it had been almost two weeks of absolutely nothing and a small, ugly part of her was scared that he actually didn't want anything to do with her anymore and she just couldn't take a hint.

Declan had nearly slapped her with a rolled up magazine that morning when she had voiced her concerns to him, promising that Wilbur wasn't the kind of person to do that.

She had arrived at his house a few minutes after Tommy had texted her that he had forced Wilbur to shower and change into clothes that didn't absolutely reek. His words, not hers.

Before Evelyn could get the courage to knock on his door (or before she could chicken out and run back to her car) his door cracked open, startling her so badly she nearly fell down the steps behind her.

A hand quickly wrapped around her wrist as he tilted his head at her, eyebrows raised.

"Fancy seeing you here," he said quietly, voice sounding raspy and hesitant. He was watching her with an amused, yet nervous expression as he awkwardly let her go.

Evelyn looked down, "Tommy tell you i'm coming?"

He shook his head, messy curls falling into his eyes. "Actually, my neighbor," he pointed to the house next door, "called me and was absolutely terrified that I was about to get kidnapped or murdered or something. You're lucky she didn't call the police on you."

"I literally just got here," she frowned, glancing over towards his neighbors house. And elderly lady aggressively holding a baseball bat was staring directly at her, looking like she would not hesitate to beat her with it if given the chance. "Should I be scared of her?"

"Very," he confirmed, before holding the door open for her. "You can come in, if you'd like. Pardon the mess...and also the fact that I am a walking nightmare right now."

Evelyn followed him inside, choosing not to comment on his red and puffy eyes or how he looked like he hadn't slept in weeks.

He shut the door behind her, slowly trailing behind as the walked the short distance to his living room.

Evelyn took a seat next to him, far enough away so that she didn't accidentally touch him, but close enough just in case he wanted to initiate contact.

He frowned in her direction, "I'm afraid I won't be very good company right now."

"That's okay. I won't stay for long if you don't want me to," she said with a shrug as she picked at a loose thread on the sleeve of her sweater. "I was just worried about you."

Wilbur winced and ran a hand through his already messy curls. "Listen...I know you probably want an explanation for everything and I just...I don't know if i'm prepared to have this talk just yet—,"

"That's not why i'm here," she quickly reassured. "I already told you, I was worried. Apparently, nobody's heard from you in a while except for Tommy and I just wanted to check on you and see if you needed anything."

He silently stared at her for a few minutes, before muttering a weak, "i'm okay."

"Are you?" she shot back, finally looking him in the eye. "You look exhausted, Wil. You've been pushing everyone who lo—cares about you away and that just leads me to believe somethings wrong. You don't have to talk to me about it, but I just...I want you to know that i'm here for you, always. Judgement free zone, remember?"

"I know," he said quietly, "I promise, I know. But I barely even know what's fucking wrong with me—,"

"nothing is wrong with you, Wil," she interrupted with a frown. "You're having a hard time with something. That happens to everyone, believe me. That does not mean somethings wrong with you, okay?"

He nodded and sheepishly looked down, "are you mad at me? For not replying to your calls or messages?"

"No," she replied immediately. "Not mad, Wil. Worried."

"You shouldn't be," he huffed, crossing his arms. "I am okay. Just...overthinking."

Evelyn sighed softly, "but I am. You look like you haven't slept in weeks, Wil. Don't look at me like that, it's just the truth. You don't have to tell me what's bothering you if you really don't want to talk about it. I won't force you to. But...Phil said last time this happened he had to stay here so you could fall asleep. I'm willing to stay for as long as you need me, but i'm also willing to go and pick up Phil if that's what you want instead. Ultimately, the choice is up to you. But based on the way you look like you're literally about to pass out, I would suggest going with option one."

He aggressively wiped at his eyes, making her reach out to grab his hand, only to move them back to her lap at the last second. He watched her with an unreadable expression, before he was slowly offering her his hand palm up.

"You're acting like I have the plague," he stated, watching as she hesitantly reached for his hand. "Why?"

"Wasn't sure if you wanted me to touch you or not," was all she said, before she was wrapping her hand around his.

Wilbur scoffed at her words and gently tugged on her hand, pulling her closer to him. "If you're going to stay, I demand cuddles. I'm emotionally exhausted and very sad and if you deprive me of my evie hugs and affection I will quite literally die. I'm not joking."

"Whatever you say, Wil," she muttered as she was pulled towards his chest.

"I missed you," he said quietly, lips brushing against her cheek as he held her tightly. "And i'm sorry i'm so incredibly selfish."

Evelyn shook her head softly, "don't apologize. It's not a bad thing to know that you aren't ready to talk about something. I'm not here for you to beat yourself up about feeling guilty. I'm just here because I care about you and I don't like seeing you unhappy."

"Will you take a nap with me?" he muttered, choosing not to comment on how her words were like a punch to the face. "Please?"

"of course."

He stood up and made his way towards him room, never once letting go of her hand. He settled down on his side and watched as she slowly got comfortable beside him.

Wilbur didn't realize he was crying until she had scooted closer and proceeded to lightly wipe away his tears.

"I'm sorry," he said between sobs as he pressed his forehead against her shoulder. "I'm sorry i'm so goddamn selfish and I keep worrying you. I'm sorry, Evie. I don't mean to. I'm just fucked up in the head and I don't know what I want and—,"

He cut himself off as she began to run her fingers through his hair. "You're not selfish—,"

"I am! I keep making you worried about me and messing with your feelings because I—," he cut himself off abruptly before starting over. "I don't deserve you. You're always here for me and I haven't ever been there for you! I'm a selfish fucking loser, Evelyn. That's all I am!"

"You are not," she said firmly as she began to trace patterns onto his back. "Everybody needs someone, Wil. Someone who they can rely on to be there for them no matter what. Me being here for you is a choice. You never forced me to come over. You're one of my best friends and I don't ever want you to feel like you're alone because you aren't. I'm always going to be here whether you like it or not."

"Are you saying you're my someone?" He asked softly. He had stopped crying quickly after he had started. Her being there when he was already beyond frustrated and confused about his stupid feelings led to him feeling more overwhelmed and emotional than he had ever felt.

And yet he could not bring himself to feel any sort of embarrassment or regret for breaking down in her arms.

"If you want me to be."

He glanced up at her, a fond expression on his face. "I can't think of anyone else fit to have that title."

Evelyn smiled and moved so she was laying down. "I could say the same about you."

He pressed his face against her shoulder once again, desperately hoping to avoid the sad look he knew she would give him once his self deprecating thoughts finally managed to verbally make their appearance.

"Evelyn, i'm a shit person. You've gotta know that by now. I'm unreliable and insecure and absolutely full of anxiety. I go through these phases where I get myself all worked up and I physically cannot make myself do anything—,"

She pressed a soft kiss to his forehead before pressing her cheek against his hair. "Are you not understanding what i'm trying to tell you? Im here for you, Wilbur. Good days, bad days, and everything in between. You've quickly become one of my favorite people and I lo—care about you a lot. And because of that, I will tolerate no Wilbur slander. Especially coming from you."

"You're too good," he muttered, eyes barely managing to stay open. "I'm a bad person, Evie. I don't deserve you."

She hummed lightly, "I don't think that's your call to make. I decide who deserves to be in my life, and you're at the very top of the list."

"love you," he said, words slightly slurred as he finally let himself fall asleep.

Evelyn held him closer and ignored the way her eyes were beginning to sting with the tears she was holding back.

"I love you too, Wil."

A/N
wilbur is back. for now 😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 12.3K 18
"ᴏʜ, α΄α΄˜Κœα΄‡ΚŸΙͺα΄€. Κœα΄‡α΄€α΄ α΄‡Ι΄ Κœα΄‡ΚŸα΄˜ α΄€ ꜰᴏᴏʟ ᴑʜᴏ κœ°α΄€ΚŸΚŸκœ± ΙͺΙ΄ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡." β€Ž β€Žβ†³war changes people; sometimes for the better or sometimes for the worse. β”ŠΝ™DREAMSMP X OCβ”ŠΝ™
434K 14.5K 56
I can't get your smile out of my mind, I think about your eyes all the time or "I'm no photographer, bu...
1.3M 22.1K 101
Just stories about our favourite content creators for you simps out thereeeee enjoyyyyy <33 GENDER NEUTRAL check out my account for the next book...
875K 12.6K 62
x readers only lol (NO LONGER UPDATING: i do not support wilbur soot)