Hand in Hand | K. Bakugo x Re...

By literaryobsession

"Ready to knock them dead, dumbass?" "I was born ready, explody." Of course he was the best dancer in Class I... More

Festival
One, Two, Three
Troubled
Energy Bar
Girls' Night
Rice
Red
Boys' Night
Pictures
Chips
Secrets
Final Rehearsals
Advice
Confession
Finale
Epilogue

Feelings

2.4K 76 39
By literaryobsession

Bakugo finished dinner quickly. You could hear him muttering under his breath, something about killing Kaminari.

It was only then that you were able to relax on your seat.

After Todoroki's attempt to break the ice, Midoriya started talking loudly about the fact that he was thinking about more ideas to use for the performance during the school festival. The others joined in and eventually, the awkwardness died down.

For them, at least.

Sero and Kaminari joined the table after a few minutes.

"Man, not cool." Kirishima frowned at the blond.

"Sorry!" The boy raised his hands in surrender, "I already got away from Bakugo! I don't want to fear for my life again!"

You let out a sigh, "That wasn't your secret to tell."

Kaminari nodded, looking very apologetic, "Sorry L/N. I panicked. This is why nobody should let me keep their secrets."

"Yeah, you are quite the gossip." Sero continued with the dinner he left earlier. "We were surprised Bakugo didn't kill him when we met him upstairs. We were expecting Kaminari's final moments when we saw him approaching."

Mina propped her elbow on the table and rested her chin on her hand, "Quiet Bakugo scares me more."

It scared you too.

He was still up. It wasn't because of the party because it already finished a few hours ago. It was more because of what that blabbermouth Pikachu announced during the very same dinner. As much as he wanted to kill the other blond for spilling the secret that he ordered him, Kirishima, and Sero to keep from everyone, he heard about your feelings for him too.

So...you liked him, huh? 

Bakugo rose from his bed, annoyed at the incessant knocking, "I will blow your damn face off, Kirishi-" He expected the redhead to greet him with a large grin on his stupid face, wanting to talk things out, but he did not expect you, dressed in his hoodie and pajama bottoms.

"What the fuck do you want?" He crossed his arms and leaned on his doorframe.

"Can we talk?" You asked. You actually couldn't sleep and you knew that you had to settle the entire thing that happened earlier. Bakugo shook his head, offering no more words. "Oh well, do you think we should just... maybe we can practice?"

You watched as a smirk grew on Bakugo's smug face, you almost regret coming over and blurting out the worst excuse just so you can stay with him.

"Oh don't give me that, blasty. You and I know how much you want to do this better." You spat out facts, knowing him as the perfectionist. "Well, do you want to or not?" You crossed your arms in front of you, tapping your foot impatiently.

Bakugo rolled his eyes, "Fine. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of the entire school anyway." He lifted his form from the doorframe and walked back in his room. You paused, was he suggesting that you practice...here? He took his cell from his study table and glanced at you, "What? I thought you wanna practice?"

Breaking out of the sudden nervousness bubbling in your chest, you entered his room and closed the door for privacy. You thought that he really wouldn't appreciate if anyone saw you guys practicing the waltz.

You sat on his bed and looked around, taking in the details without the noise of your friends. Unlike the other rooms in the dorm, Bakugo didn't do anything special to his own space. It was a normal one, not even a personalized anything in sight. He kept his space tidy, which is why whenever you guys decide to do late night study sessions, you choose his room. Everyone else's space was too messy for his liking.

That was one surprising thing about Katsuki Bakugo, he was tidy. It contrasted so much with his brash personality but you figured it made so much sense. He was no nonsense, he kept his grades up, and his records clean. You saw the overachiever behind his irritating exterior and like everyone else, he just wants to be a great hero.

You hear the familiar tune wafting through the air before the boy restarted the song. He put his phone back on the table before turning to you, raising one of those annoying eyebrows prompting you to stand and face him.

As usual, Bakugo took your form in his hands. He was the type to always lead everything so from the positioning of the hands and the proximity of your bodies to the actual dance, he took charge.

That was when you started being conscious about the boy before you, leading you to the hypnotically slow waltz. You can't forget the words you heard from Kaminari earlier, making you even more nervous. He didn't tear his gaze away from you, those red irises wondering what is happening in your head as you both drowned in silence. His hands were warm and rough, unlike yours which were clammy and smooth (your quirk affects your temperature, you were almost like cold-blooded Tsuyu) and they curved on your body.

His touch was gentle which contrasted so heavily with when he would drag you by the collar or by the wrist. You've always argued with him that you were easy to bruise but he often chuckles at your attempts and tells you that you are barely even hurt by his actions which were true in a way but you wanted to tease. But right now, his touch was surprisingly soft against your unsure hand.

You followed his calculated steps. Since you two were dancing in a smaller space, you had to adjust. Bakugo was quick to lead you until you two were simply swaying, off the tune but in sync with each other. You could feel your chest rise and fall faster than normal and noted that his breathing seemed to have followed yours.

"Let's stop." You whispered, eyes flickering to his underneath your lashes.

He merely grunted but didn't let you go. Your bodies didn't stop moving, swaying on the spot. "Why?" He asked, softer than you could ever imagine his voice to get.

"... I'm getting dizzy." Was your only answer but you weren't. He knows that you weren't but he stops anyway. He let your hand go before you noticed his eyes go from meeting yours to gliding down to your lips. You didn't know why it made you nervous.

Why was facing a tamer, gentler Katsuki Balugo making you cower? You faced him in his more explosive moods, battled him head-on with his death glare piercing your head, but this soft-eyed Bakugo scared you...

No no, he didn't scare you. 

He made you nervous.

"You should go, dumbass." He crossed his arms over his chest again, leaning back on the door of his veranda. His face was guarded now and you knew he already had his walls up. "It's fucking late and we have that damn quiz with Cementoss tomorrow."

You nodded, a bit offended that he was kicking you out. Although you did appreciate it all the same since you were so awkward that you didn't know what you're capable of doing.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow Bakugo." You left his room without a word.

Bakugo then took this as the cue to let out a breath, clutching his chest. He was completely unsure why he had the sudden urge to kiss you or why there was a painful tug in his heart when he let you go.

He wasn't the type to catch feelings. Although he absolutely had no experience in the love and relationship department, he was absolutely sure he wasn't the type to develop feelings for anyone. Bakugo Katsuki had one goal and one main goal only - to be the number one hero.

So you better believe he hated the way he was feeling about you.

The next morning was awkward for you and him. As per usual, Bakugo was early and was already in his seat. He was busy watching clouds, his eyebrows furrowed and his frown etched deep on his face. You quietly pull your chair back, trying to not alert him of your presence.

But after months of being seatmates, he was aware of your footsteps and how you moved. Bakugo didn't have to turn to you to see that you have indeed arrived. He chose to ignore you though even if his heart was scolding him, he has the desire to look at you and indulge in the mini pleasures of having a teasing battle with you but he held himself back.

His self-discipline is truly one of the things he took great pride in.

"Morning."

You jump from your seat when you heard Bakugo's gruff voice. Was he talking to you? You look around, seeing your other classmates mind their own businesses. So he must be talking to you.

"Uh, morning, Bakugo." You managed to say.

You hated this.

You hated the silence, the painful awkwardness between you and the explosive blond boy. He ignored you for most of the day, although he would reply to your short questions about the school. With other people, he was himself. He shot threats at those who irritated him, even came to an argument with Todoroki whom he never really saw eye to eye with.

The class noticed it, of course. Your playful and often loud banter was a normal part of everybody's day and it became a part of yours too, why was he suddenly so... nonchalant with you?

There was no dance practice for that afternoon and you found yourself helping out with the t-shirts and costumes for your class presentation. Todoroki did offer to buy the costumes with his father's credit card but you and the others didn't want him to do that. Instead, you guys made them yourselves.

Hakagure helped with the sewing and she even taught the boys how to put the outfits together.

This became quite a relaxing job for you until you had to bring over the finished t-shirts to the band to check if the sizes were right. You grumbled and went to the common area in your dorm where Jiro led the practice.

"Hey guys, can you give me a quick minute? We want to check if the shirts fit." You greeted them, the bundle of shirts on your arm. The song they were playing stopped as they went over to check the shirts out.

Jiro flatly refused to have the band wear the same costumes as the dancers so they opted for a simple orange shirt with a print. She brightened up, "This is exactly what we want. Thanks L/N."

"We all pitched in." You actually did the manual shirt printing after watching a tutorial from YouTube. "Check and see if they fit."

Kaminari pulled the shirt above his own and smiled wide at you, "This fits great. Hey Kacchan, try yours out!" He beckoned the other blond, who was still unmoving by the drum set. Bakugo ignored you and Kaminari, and left for the kitchen.

"He's really testy today." Kaminari shrugged.

"When is he not, really?" Jiro raised an eyebrow before looking at you, "Although we think it is mostly about you. Why don't you go and hand him that shirt?"

You huffed, "He is the one who has a problem with me. Why should I go?"

Momo sent you a knowing smile, "Because you're the bigger person." She gestured for you to follow Bakugo to the kitchen and you rolled your eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

854K 23.9K 90
You were born as the daughter of the most notorious villain of all time; All For One and was told to be an undercover in a prestigious hero school na...
8.5K 230 64
You took notice of a certain male in your first year of school, but ignored it, and him, your dream of being the first female number 1 Hero taking al...
5.7K 329 70
"Welcome to UA High. The prestigious school that's turned out some of the world's greatest heroes. I'm running toward my dream in these halls. Learni...
122K 4.3K 31
There's a horrible villain attack by the LoV.... Bakugo was the one who watched Izuku being impaled. Everyone believes he's dead, but is he really...