phoenix ✦ k.takami (hawks)

By evixtus

"The sky is so tragically beautiful. A graveyard of stars." When a pro-hero passes out across the street from... More

Introduction
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
★ Sixteen
★ Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
★ Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
★ Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
★ Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
★ Forty Five
Forty Six
★ Forty Seven
notice
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Epilogue
surprise! <3
✨ surprise pt. 2 ✨

Twelve

13.2K 574 516
By evixtus

The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin, seemed to have gotten inside him, or into the air round him. She had become a physical necessity.
~ George Orwell

Track 13; Fever Dream by mxmtoon

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

The water to your face shocked your body into fully waking up; you hated that it wasn't scalding your skin so you cranked the knob over, giving a sigh of relief when it got to just the right level of heat. When you began going about your usual shower routine, your mind mulled to the events of the other night.

Two days had passed since your steamy make out session with Hawks, and you hadn't caught a glimpse of him since then. Your usual feather friend was there to keep you company while he was away. You had decided to name it Quill since it was your own little microphone into his head and consistently appeared around the house, startling you when you least expected it.

Like last night, for instance; you had braved the kitchen that you were still unfamiliar with to make yourself dinner. You turned to the refrigerator to grab some ingredients when to your surprise, there was a vermillion feather leaning casually against the jug of milk. You'd never vocally admit it to him but the tiny gasp you let out when you saw it was because it caught you off guard, though you were sure he'd picked it up when you remembered how sensitive those damn feathers of his were. You grabbed the ingredients you needed, subtly acting like you didn't notice when Quill tried slipping out of the fridge when you started closing the door. Quickly you slapped it shut, holding back a laugh when it got caught halfway like you expected it to, the top half bristling with anger.

You opened the fridge and caught it before it could escape, rubbing it on your cheek. "That's what you get for wiring me." You cooed lovingly, turning back towards the stove. "Don't worry, I'll make you leftovers for when you get back." When it started wriggling in your grasp you let it go, giggling softly when it brushed against your lips and rested on your shoulder.

After further questioning of Quill last night you learned that Hawks was in fact at work. He wasn't supposed to be home until this evening so you wondered what to do to bide your time as you stepped out of the shower. You dried yourself off with a towel and wrapped it around yourself as best as you could underneath your wings, holding it to your chest with an arm before wandering back into your room to grab an outfit for the day. The first thing you noticed was a note on your bed and a red ribbon tied around the handles to your closet. You couldn't help but wonder what sort of plan that flying chicken had concocted in his brain but you were curious to find out when realistically he was the only person that could've done all of this in the timeframe of your shower.

I couldn't pick a favorite since I'd like to rip them all off of you, but I'll let you decide which one I have to replace first. Choose one and be ready at 19:00.
~ Hawks xoxoxo

You rolled your eyes but couldn't stop the smile that made your face hurt when you looked over the sloppily drawn heart and kissy face emojis. You felt like you got secondhand whiplash from how fast you presumed your budding romance with him was going. Maybe after knowing him for a month and a half just now going on your first date wasn't such short notice. If anything it was prolonged due to the overwhelming circumstances of your life falling apart around you. Perhaps you would've had your first date with Hawks ages ago if that fuckface criminal hadn't burnt down your bar.

You didn't let your mind wander too far when you turned and untied the bow. It came apart with ease before there was a sharp tug. You noticed Yoshio pawing at the ribbon, so you let go only to watch him pick it up in his mouth and bound across the room. Opening the closet doors revealed eight dresses added to your own choice of a wardrobe. You ran your fingers over each one, admiring the materials they were crafted from alongside the master stitch work. In the end you stared at two particular dresses the most. One was a floor-length black halter top dress with an open back for your wings that would barely touch the ground when you wore it; There was a cut in the right side that would expose your leg with each step. The second was a blood red strapless cocktail dress with a deep v-neck that would finish at the top of your rib cage. It left little to the imagination so you decided that you would go with the black dress for tonight and leave the red one for a...one on one occasion.

Just after hanging the black dress up so it would be the first thing you saw when you opened the door, you noticed an unfamiliar red and black box on a shelf. You didn't remember purchasing a pair of shoes that came in such a bold box when Hawks took you to the hero mall. When you slid it off of the shelf into your hands your jaw dropped momentarily before you flung the lid off of it with haste.

Did he really?

With a delicate hand you lifted the sexiest heel you had seen in your life out of the box. The outside was made of black suede which felt like heaven against your fingertips. Your eyes almost rolled into the back of your head when you finally allowed yourself to tip the heel over in your hand, revealing the bloody red soles to the artificial light over your head.

This fucker went out and bought me a pair of Louboutins?!

It was obvious that you had to wear them on your date tonight. Your toes curled in excitement at the thought of wearing such a powerful statement of a shoe while cruising down the street in public with Hawks. Before you let yourself lose control over the shoes you put them back into the box and set them out next to the dress so you wouldn't forget about them. Then you turned and finished your morning routine of finding clothes to wear for the day, brushing your teeth and handling your hair.

You left your room to feed Yoshio to discover that Hawks wasn't home. You felt yourself frown in disappointment but quickly brushed it off. He was almost always busy with work, he was a hero after all. Your mind wandered to what you should wear during your trip for summer camp with U.A.. You still had yet to bring it up to Hawks. Would tonight be an okay time to talk about it? You were sure that he wouldn't mind.

You were brought back to the real world when Yoshio yowled at your feet, his tail standing straight up as he rubbed his side across your shins and stepped on your feet with his heavy paws. You had been standing in front of the fridge with his can of wet food in your hands for a while now which is why he was causing such a fuss. Hawks note must've really distracted you today if you were this ignorant to his needs when you were usually spot on with everything. You crouched down and carefully mixed the wet food in with the kibble in his bowl, using your elbow to push him away until you were done. As you rose back up to your full height he was upon his bowl. You picked up the faint sound of him purring and shook your head. At least he still loved you and his food.

The rest of your day was spent lounging around the house. You sat on the couch during the morning, watching the news and random things on the television until the sun was out around noon. Then you spent a few hours sprawled out in the sun on a chair, Yoshio indulging in the warmth with you by extending himself out on the patio next to you. The late afternoon involved enticing the Maine Coon with a feather and the laser pointer before feeding him dinner. As you returned to your spot on the couch you happened to grab a piece of paper and a pen on the way back to the living room and began sketching out what you wanted for your hero costume.

You figured in the back of your brain that Hawks already had something up his sleeve in regards to your hero outfit. You were sure he'd been thinking about it ever since you told him that you'd consider his suggestion. You clicked your tongue and shook your head, thinking back on your first costume back from your time at U.A. It would be nice to have some boots with iron soles and some belts to carry first aid supplies in case you and to rescue anybody. You wanted to add more but had to put the paper and pen down when the news told you that it was 17:30. Hawks would be here soon so you figured now was a better time than ever to start getting ready for the night.

Yoshio had just finished his dinner when you turned off the television and began your trek down the hallway towards your room. He darted in between your legs as you entered your room, closing the door behind you with a shake of your head when he charged for your bed and leapt onto it. You stopped and took a deep breath, giving yourself a few seconds before running and jumping onto your bed, bouncing slightly when you hit the mattress and grabbed a pillow, screaming into it. You felt like a teenager with how you were acting, but you never figured that the day you went out with a Pro Hero would actually come—not to mention your favorite one.

Your kiss with him those few days ago had turned into a steamy make out session that had left you breathless and wanting more but you still couldn't contain your excitement. When you raised your head from your pillow you noticed Yoshio's amber eyes staring into yours, a low purr emitting from his throat. You reached up and scratched him behind the ear. He head butted your nose in response before dragging his face across your cheek, somehow managing to bring you back to your senses. You spent the next thirty minutes procrastinating your preparation for the date instead cuddling your cat. Eventually you managed to coerce him off of your lap.

"Don't look at me like that, I have to get ready." You scolded the grey feline for his glare and walked to the bathroom.

You crouched down to the cabinet underneath the sink and removed a small box. It was hand painted a dark blue with carefully made gold stars scattered around the top. It was by some miracle that you remembered to grab it when your bar burnt down. It was one of the only things you had left of your mother. You had stopped the chore of doing your makeup after she had passed. You'd gone through a major depression and lost a lot of self-confidence before your feathers grew back. Your heart dropped at the memory and you felt the need to shake your whole body, starting with your hands and feet and finishing with your wings. After you regained yourself you went about the process.

It turns out that your hand wasn't as steady as it used to be, proven by the fact that you couldn't keep your hand steady to save your life. You'd gotten one eye done alright but now trying to get it even with the other was easier said than done for somebody who was completely out of practice. Your hand was either shaking because you were so rusty or because of how nervous you were. Just the thought of being out in public with him got you all riled up. Your heart started beating frantically in your chest at the same time that your mouth went dry. Just as you were finishing the tail of the smooth wing you had created at the edge of your other eye, a meow startled you. Your hand went askew and dragged the black pencil down across your cheekbone. Wordlessly you whirled around to see Yoshio nonchalantly licking in between his toes in the doorway. With a soft huff of frustration, you cleaned up the mess you had made before touching up the damaged area and calling it good.

A quick glance at the clock on the wall of the bedroom gave you a heads up that you had a decent amount of time left to get dressed and prep your hair. You hummed a song to yourself under your breath when you pulled the dress off of its hanger and slipped yourself into it. Somehow, Hawks had been able to find the perfect size. It was form fitting in all the right places and comfortable in the others. The material felt nice on your skin, reassuring you that you wouldn't be getting irritated by it all night. You wandered back into the bathroom with a small smile on your face.

It took about half of an hour for you to finally be satisfied. You were standing in front of the mirror, all dolled up and ready to go besides the shoes. You had about fifteen minutes before he showed up to escort you off to who knows where, but you were more worried about not breaking your ankles in the shoes he'd gotten you. You treated them like glass when you removed them from the box, carefully sliding your feet inside of them and giving a sigh of relief when you didn't have to force them in. You were a little wobbly at first when you stood up again, but after a few mandatory walks around the room to calibrate your new balancing act, you felt confident.

Standing in front of the mirror for the final time, you smoothed out the invisible creases across your torso. It was an anxiety response to the overwhelming amount of stress prickling at your skin. It was one thing to interact with him within the comforts of his own home, but having to stroll down the street with him was an entirely different story. Your mind was lost on the train of thought when a noise brought you back to reality.

Did somebody just ring the doorbell?

18:58
ChikkyWings:
It's me, play along! 💞

You puffed out your cheeks in an attempt to hold back your laughter but a few giggles managed to escape your attempt. You smoothed out the nonexistent wrinkles once again before grabbing your purse and making a beeline for the front door. You made sure to give Yoshio a pat on the head as you passed, partially to soothe your nerves but also it happened to be an unspoken rule between you and him.

Your heart was beating fast enough that you swore it was going to jump out of your chest and hurl itself out the nearest window. Your hand was shaking as you opened the door, forcing yourself to take deep breaths and internally screaming for your nerves of steel to run back and protect you. There was no way in hell you were going to survive the night with him looking so damn divine. You didn't conceal the fact that you were dissecting his outfit when you fully opened the door but he didn't hide himself doing the same thing to you, either.

He stood in front of you with a bouquet of ume* flowers in one hand, the other stuffed into the pocket of his black slacks. He was wearing his leather coat with a nice white button-up and a red tie that matched his wings; He topped the look off with his signature shades.

When his eyes met yours, your heart began to have palpitations. His smile was so bright that it was practically blinding. That fucking smile made you week in the knees and your body wanted to go into systematic failure every time. His free hand reached out to yours while the other handed you the bouquet, his grin never faltering.

"We won't make it down the street with you looking like a five course meal."

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧
words; 2800

thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.1K 1.5K 42
Hawks was blessed with an amazing quirk, unlike you. But that's okay, you didn't really want to be a hero anyways. You had dreams about opening your...
794K 24.6K 82
(Completed) After running into Hawks while on your internship he offers to help train you. The two of you then become good friends. 3 years later aft...
3K 60 18
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘢: 𝘴𝘺𝘮𝘣𝘰𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵, 𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘢𝘭, 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 ❀ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘶...
13.1K 573 30
Misaki never wanted help. She'd been getting by just fine on her own for the last ten plus years, the last thing she needed was some nosey hero to co...