phoenix ✦ k.takami (hawks)

By evixtus

"The sky is so tragically beautiful. A graveyard of stars." When a pro-hero passes out across the street from... More

Introduction
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
★ Sixteen
★ Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
★ Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
★ Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
★ Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
★ Forty Five
Forty Six
★ Forty Seven
notice
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Epilogue
surprise! <3
✨ surprise pt. 2 ✨

Twenty Five

6.7K 295 85
By evixtus

Trusting you is my decision. Proving me right is your choice.

Track 26; Nervous by Oliver Riot

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

You were so thankful to be home.

Having the comfort of your cat again relieved so much tension that you didn't realize you were carrying. Though the pressure was still paramount thanks to the fact that you returned home after training camp knowing that Bakugo wasn't safe yet. He'd saved you from being skewered by Moonfish yet you were unable to take him back from the hands of the enemies.

Hawks wasn't home. You could really use his comfort right now, but you understood what it meant to be a hero. Especially after what had happened just a few hours ago. You had called him the second you were able to track down your phone, seeing that you had left it back at camp before the test of courage because you figured that you wouldn't need it.

He was relieved to know that you were okay, and he told you he was rushing to get his patrol done as fast as possible so he could be there by your side. Thankfully while you were waiting for his return Aizawa was giving you updates on how the progress with finding Bakugo was going.

You burst into tears the second that you had seen Aizawa after the incident, apologizing profusely for letting them take him. He essentially shook you around and told you that it wasn't your fault, you had done everything in your capabilities to protect his students. He was thankful that you were there since he was sure their injuries would've been much worse if you hadn't been. He informed you that once things had gotten situated again and you were fully ready that training would continue.

The second that you plopped onto the couch, Yoshio was in your lap and purring away. You could tell that he missed you for the few days that you were gone by the way he wouldn't settle down. He was also purring so loudly that his body was shaking; you thought that he may end up internally combusting.

You switched on the television, opening it immediately to the news coverage of Aizawa, Vlad King, and Principal Nezu from U.A. standing at a conference table. You had to look twice at the fact that Aizawa had gotten all cleaned up. You could imagine the battle he put up in order to avoid that, but knew that he went through with it in order to maintain professionalism. If he wasn't a teacher at U.A. you figured that he wouldn't have given a rats ass in the first place seeing that he wasn't one to be in the spotlight to begin with.

Aizawa himself goes on to apologize to the community, students, and their parents for failing to protect the children at the training camp. You put a hand over your mouth and held back your tears, knowing that you had played a hand in how the situation turned out. A journalist asked what measures would be taken to ensure the students' safety when they returned to school. Nezu answered that question by strengthening U.A.'s security systems and re-examining the crime prevention system. As the journalists continued to ask questions and the three men standing behind the table answered them, your mind wandered off to how the public would handle the situation.

You could figure that they weren't taking it lightly. Training the next generation to become heros was one thing, but exposing them to villains—albeit unintentionally—was an entirely different story. You exhale through clenched teeth, attempting to melt the stress away by petting your cat. Your attention was brought back to the television when Aizawa explained to the public why he allowed them to engage in combat. By doing that it prevented the worst possible outcome from occurring—a student dying. Nezu piped in that if it weren't for two of the students defeating the villain that had the gas quirk the outcomes would've been much more severe.

Your heart dropped when a reporter asked if they had already failed in securing the students' well-being due to not checking on Katsuki's mental instability and "villain-like" performance during the Sports Festival. God if you had been there in person you would've strangled him yourself. It was obvious that the question was targeted to aggravate Aizawa in regards to Katsuki's whereabouts being unknown. Your former teacher seemed to speak what you were thinking at that moment—the villains were foolish to believe that they could convert Katsuki.

From the brief moments you'd interacted with him, Katsuki was certainly a force to be reckoned with. He had a tenacity in fighting that you could barely comprehend. Honestly dealing with the whole picture face to face was overwhelming if you weren't skilled in dealing with stubborn, short-tempered, no-filtered, take-no-shit teenagers. It was apparent that he would excel in the hero world, though his attitude about it stated otherwise and made most things come off very backhanded. You were sure that somewhere underneath that aggressive exterior there was a good heart and you hoped to be there to see where he lands among the rankings. You had to switch the channel after Nezu backed up Shota's statement by explaining that they were cooperating with the police force to locate Bakugo. You ran the palms of your hands over your eyes, deciding to busy yourself to keep your mind off of the fact that you weren't able to assist in the raid.

As celebrity interviews began to play on the tv, you stood up to feed the cat. Afterwards you meandered to the bedroom, collecting dirty laundry as you found it to toss into the washing machine. A quick glance of the clock informed you that it was almost 20:00. You hadn't eaten dinner, and while you weren't particularly hungry you knew you needed to put some sort of fuel into your body. So you wandered to the pantry, going about the process of finding something filling yet light to eat. As you tried to locate whatever you decided on, your phone buzzed.

19:47
EraseUrButt
Two locations. One's full of Nomu's and the other is where they're holding Bakugo.

Before you had a chance to unlock your phone and reply, another one showed up.

19:47
EraseUrButt
Turn on the news if you're not already watching, it'll probably show up there soon

You turned to look at the tv over your shoulder, quickly shuffling over to grab the remote and turn it back to the channel with the interview. You were dismayed to see that the anchors were still discussing the public apology from U.A., but watched one of them hold up a hand to silence her coworker when something else showed up on their screen behind the camera.

"This just in, All Might, alongside the #2 and 3 Pro-Hero's are currently fighting an unknown enemy in the Kamino Ward."

You were scared senseless when Hawks dropped through the skylight, causing a brief shriek to leave your lips before you placed a hand in your chest. "A little warning next time?"

"Sorry, stardust." He rushed over to you, dropping whatever bag of takeout he had brought home this time quickly on the coffee table and sweeping you into his arms. "I missed you so much. Are you okay?"

You missed him, too, but had too much on your mind now to truly focus on reuniting with him after being separated for a few days. "I missed you too." You gave him a brief kiss. "But I really need to watch the news right now." You quickly ducked out of his arms and threw yourself down on the couch. "What did you get for dinner?"

"I got us hotpots since I figured you needed some comfort food." He replied cheerily, a little upset that you brushed off his affection but he understood why you did so. A student of Aizawas, who you looked to like a father, saved your life. And now his life was being saved by those who were known to be the best. He didn't mind whatsoever, knowing that you'd be snuggling him in bed that night and more than likely stuck to him like glue for the next while.

The smile that you gave him was genuine, making you think back on the date you went on with him a month ago. "You're the best, you know that?"

At your praise, he preened. "Only for you, stardust."

Your eyes shifted back to the tv as he sat down directly next to you, leaving just enough room for the two of you to eat comfortably without bumping elbows. He was humming something under his breath and going to open the takeout containers when your hand shot from your lap to his when you suddenly saw a huge ramp of ice manifest in the corner of the screen. Immediately he returned the grip you had and you silently thanked him for it, it was grounding you in the moments you forgot to breathe.

Some of the students you had bonded with the past few days were quite literally flying haphazardly through the air and calling out to Bakugo. You couldn't feel your heartbeat when he shot himself up to them and grabbed Kirishima's hand. Almost immediately you burst into tears for a multitude of reasons; Bakugo was safe, those kids were fucking idiots for being so reckless but you were so...proud of them for taking that risk to rescue their classmate. You couldn't deny that you wouldn't have done the same thing if you had the opportunity.

Hawks sat there next to you, rubbing your shoulder and pulling you into his arms when your whole body began to shake. The hotpot was completely forgotten about while he held you through the rest of the events from Kamino Ward.

The world changed that day, and you were thankful that he made it home to you.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧
words; 1694

thanks for reading! please remember to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

795K 24.6K 82
(Completed) After running into Hawks while on your internship he offers to help train you. The two of you then become good friends. 3 years later aft...
156 16 10
Perhaps it was the fact that she didn't fall for him the second their eyes met, or perhaps it was because of the collided histories. Whatever it was...
600K 17K 47
You find an injured #2 pro hero on the side of the road one night and care for his injuries. Little do you know, this changes the trajectory of your...
293K 9K 44
[Completed!] You were just a quirkless girl trying to take the edge off your life with a few drinks at the bar. Due to an annoying drunkard, you foun...