Now I'm changed {soukoku}

By Imabakuhoe

After Dostoyevesky's death having Dazai nearly witnessing the death of all of his friends, he finally has an... More

β™‘ Prologue β™‘
✧ Chapter One ✧
β™‘ Chapter Two β™‘
✧ Chapter Three ✧
β™‘ Chapter Four β™‘
✧ Chapter Five ✧
β™‘ Chapter Six β™‘
✧ Chapter Seven ✧
β™‘ Chapter Eight β™‘
✧ Chapter Nine ✧
β™‘ Chapter Ten β™‘
✧ Chapter Eleven ✧
β™‘ Chapter Twelve β™‘
β™‘ Chapter Fourteen β™‘
✧ Chapter Fiteen ✧
β™‘ Chapter Sixteen β™‘
✧ Chapter Seventeen ✧
β™‘ Chapter Eighteen β™‘
✧ Epilogue ✧

✧ Chapter Thirteen ✧

2.1K 74 118
By Imabakuhoe

The first thing he noticed was that he was in fact, very much alive.

Chuuya awoke with the rays of setting sun peeking through the branches of the trees outside, he was in a hospital so white and clean it could have blinded you.

He heard shuffling to his left prompting him to turn his head to the side and was met with probably the cutest thing he had seen in his life: Atsushi and Akutagawa sat on the same chair with Atsushi sitting in between Akutagawa's legs, he had his arms laying on the bed, his head laying on top, Akutagawa had his arms wrapped around the younger's waist his head laying on Atsushi's back the both of them presumably asleep.

Chuuya couldn't help but reach out his hand to run them through Akutagawa's hair, his hair was soft and silky, Akutagawa himself had salubrious red cheeks, his skin wasn't cold and unpleasant but warm and gentle feeling. Chuuya wondered if that was because he felt more comfortable with Atsushi being around him. Gingerly caressing Akutagawa's hair, the younger male began to wake up.

Akutagawa stared at him and then smiled, feeling relieved that at least one of the two older's had woken from their slumber.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Chuuya whispered sympathetically but still not taking his arm away. Akutagawa shook his head
"It's okay, it was pleasant Chuuya-san" Akutagawa lifted his head off of Atsushi's back letting Chuuya's hand slip from his head, then took it in his own.
"How are you feeling?"
"Numb....and I can't remember anything from after Dazai disappeared. "
"The doctor mentioned that, he said random memories will start coming back to you as you get better." Akutagawa whispered in response, giving Chuuya a pitiful smile
"That's somewhat reassuring."

There was a brief moment of silence until Chuuya gave a weak smirk towards Akutagawa as he watched the man move some of Atsushi's hair out of his face
"So...when did this happen?" he whispered somewhat smugly, Akutagawa's face reddened in response, he wasn't sure what to say, it had happened after the fall and he wasn't sure if he was ready to have a conversation with Chuuya about what had happened without Atsushi, luckily he didn't have too.
"Shortly after you and Dazai-san fell from the roof" Atsushi mumbled as he sat up, whacking Akutagawa in the jaw.

"Ow, you moron!" Akutagawa chided as he rubbed his jaw, Atsushi jolted and turned around cupping Akutagawa's chin
"Ryuu, I'm sorry, are you okay?" Atsushi laughed, Akutagawa despite being in somewhat pain also began to laugh along with the younger
"Wait- who are you calling a moron?" Atsushi suddenly asked and them they continued to jokingly bicker until they heard Chuuya begin to laugh, they turned around and saw the ginger-haired male laughing sweetly with the back of his hand covering his smile, his blue eyes shut tightly, his was smile was weak but it was still strong enough to melt anyone's heart.

Atsushi and Akutagawa grinned at each other briefly then joined in with Chuuya's laughter.

Eventually the laughter eventually died down, allowing Chuuya to clear his head a little, that was how he remembered what Atsushi had said
"Shortly after you and Dazai-san fell from the roof" Chuuya felt a stabbing pain go straight through his head as various flashes of images and certain feelings prickled on his skin and coursed through his head.

He was falling.
Then he hit some water.
He felt hands bring him closer.
And soft lips on his own.
But he couldn't remember who it was.
Except that Atsushi had said it was Dazai.

"I fell... I fell... you said I fell with Dazai...but then why?"
"Why what Chuuya-san?" Atsushi asked
"If it was Dazai who fell with me then why do I feel a kiss....on my lips?"
"Probably because Dazai-San kissed you."
"But-but why would he?"
"Because he loves you obviously." Atsushi replied, Chuuya's face flushed but he still felt like nothing made sense to him, he remembered things but they were extremely hazy.

"He never told me that though."
"Chuuya-san does he have to tell you that he loves you for you to know? Don't you know how to read him extremely well?" Akutagawa asked, Chuuya sighed in vexation, nothing made sense and it was frustrating him to the ends of the earth
"Relax Chuuya-san everything will come back to you slowly, just rest and let yourself heal" Atsushi spoke soothingly as he placed his hand on top of Chuuya's.

"It's just hard to believe that Dazai of all people would love me."
"You shouldn't" Akutagawa added
"And why's that?"
"Just think about how he's been treating you, not only that but when Dazai-san came to save you from the corruption he had to jump off the building and to protect you he turned your bodies around, the impact of the water hit him instead of you." Chuuya's eyes widened as he heard that, Dazai had done that?
"You're sure he didn't just want to commit suicide?" Chuuya murmured not being able to help himself from chuckling bitterly.

"I doubt it, he nearly had a panic attack at the fact Atsushi was just laying unconscious on the floor and he thought he was dead." Akutagawa responded, trying to ignore how Atsushi had stiffened
"Losing Atsushi....." Chuuya whispered, and more images pounded themselves into his head.

Chuuya could see an empty street.
He could see the bodies of people he recognised laying in a circle.
They were surroundings a body in the middle.
It was Atsushi.
It was Dazai's dream.
Dazai had failed to save him in that dream.
He had said he loved him.

The pain in Chuuya's head made him sit up with a groan, he cursed inwardly to himself as clutched his forehead.
"Chuuya-san?!" Atsushi exclaimed in a panic, rushing to hold his shoulders.

"Atsushi did you get your ability back?"
"Hmm? Yeah, I did why? Do you know anything about why it disappeared?" The fact that neither Atsushi nor Akutagawa seemed to know anything about the fact that Seven and Five had been the reason he didn't have his ability probably meant that they hadn't told them for a specific reason, Chuuya wasn't going to meddle in that.
"Atsushi who visited you while you were in the hospital?"
"Umm, most of the Agency, Ryuu and Seven-chan and Five-kun, why Chuuya-san do you know something?"
"Ahh- no i- uhh I've just mixed up my memories.." Chuuya trailed off, Akutagawa's eyes narrowed sceptically, he knew Chuuya well enough to tell when he was lying, but considering the fact he had gone through a lot in the last few days, he decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and not question him any further. In the end, Akutagawa decided it was best to go back home and let Chuuya rest, so after nudging Atsushi in the back slightly they took their leave.

━━━━✦❘༻🍷༺❘✦━━━━

The next day Chuuya was feeling much better, but that was only until Kyōyō came by.

"How are you feeling Chuuya?"  She asked as she kissed him on the forehead
"Better than yesterday." He replied as he took a sip of water, letting her take her seat and get comfortable
"But I've been thinking, anee-san do you know anything about Dazai? How he's doing? None of the nurses are telling me anything." Kyōyō, looked at him hesitantly but eventually she sighed as she crossed her legs letting her gaze drop.
"Unfortunately yes I do, the Agency had been informed on his condition after they proved that Dazai had no known family members or -what's most likely- they're all dead. In the end, the hospital finally gave in and told them all the information. Akutagawa-Kun found out from tiger-child and then he told me."
"Please tell me Anee-san, I need to know how he is, he took the fall for me...I think -either that or he tried to kill himself."
"He most definitely did not attempt to kill himself I can assure you of that Chuuya." The woman said sternly, the younger frowned at her
"How can you be sure of that? I may have found out he loves me but he is Dazai. He's wanted to commit suicide ever since I've met him, that would have been the perfect opportunity." Kyōyō sighed running her hand through her hair in somewhat frustration
"Remember that time I came to get you from your first hotel, after the time you had gotten trapped away from one another and that ability was affecting you?"
"Yeah?"
"When you went into the bathroom Dazai and I had a conversation about how he felt towards you, things like that. I think he could tell I was still a little apprehensive about how the two of you would cope, so he poured out his feelings for me to believe in his change of heart" Chuuya listened closely nodding his head as she spoke
"And he managed to say something that convinced me."

"it could have been fake, you know just as well as I do that he's good at manipulating people."
"I do, that is true, but you also know that when he's being sincere you can tell." Chuuya nodded, that was very true ,especially recently, he was more willing to lay out his heart for the slaughter.
"So what did he say then?"
"He told me that when Odasaku died he had told him that he may never be able to fill that hole he has in his heart, however, he said that while it never gets permanently filled, there are times when he feels like it is. And most of those times are with the Agency..... and with you." Chuuya turned his head toward her with wide eyes
"He said 'as long as I have Chuuya and the agency with me. Life is worth living'. And he said that those times he spent with you messing around and arguing were the only time he felt like he had a right to be a child. The look on his face, Chuuya...I-I couldn't believe it. I let out a tear honestly.." Chuuya felt his heart thump loudly in his chest at her words, a pleasant feeling of fuzziness taking over his body.
"Of course I think when he jumped he would have rather risked himself dying than you but I'm positive he wants to live, live with you and all the people he cares about."

Chuuya felt so much guilt weigh on his shoulder, he had said so many harsh words to him, the last words he had ever said to him were that he hated him and in response to that Dazai had been willing to die for him; even after he had found happiness in his life.
"Come to think of it, didn't he say a similar thing when the two of you met?" Kyōyō mused, Chuuya looked down at his hands, thinking back to when he had first met the bandaged brunet and he was right, he remembered the conversation quite well

"so the suicidal bastard wants to live?"
" I haven't fulfilled my promise to use you as my dog yet."

Dazai had said that but Chuuya knew what it had meant even at that moment as a kid
'you've persuaded me to live', was what he had meant. Chuuya had suddenly remembered the conversation he had with Dazai when they were moving to their new hotel, where Dazai had said that he had wanted Chuuya as his partner.
"He said to me that same day, that he had, "asked," me to join knowing full well we'd be partners because he wanted me to be his partner," Chuuya spoke as he fiddled with his fingers
"Of course he wanted you two to be partners, you were a boy who was the same age as him, you gave him a reason to laugh and mess around, something he hadn't gotten to do very much with someone else, it's only natural for him to have wanted you to be his partner, whether it was for his own childishness or for the sake that the two of you were -and still are-perfect partners." Chuuya bit the inside of his cheek, feeling like he wanted to curl into himself.
"So about his condition? What do you know?"

Kyōyō sighed, taking his hand gently,
"It's not looking good Chuuya, he's in a coma right now and there's a twenty per cent chance that he'll wake."

Chuuya felt his whole body stiffen at those words, he felt his heart stop and his breath get complete caught in his throat.

There was less than a quarter of a possibility of him ever waking up, ever opening his eyes again, ever calling Chuuya short or his dog or making fun of his fashion, ever getting to kiss him.

"God fucking damn it." Chuuya cursed as he covered his face in a useless attempt to cover his grief-stricken face. Kyōyō got up and wrapped her arms gently around him, being as careful as possible to not hurt him.
"Shhh, don't cry, there still is a chance, even if it's small." She whispered petting his head gently
"But- it it's- it's so small..I-I" Kyōyō shushed him again
"Keep your chin up okay? Think about it like this, there was a small chance of Dazai reaching you in time and he did, who's to say he won't reach out for you again?"
"But then who's to say he won't leave me again?" Chuuya mumbled back.

Kyōyō looked at him with a sympathetic smile.
"I can't deny it and I know it's hard to ask but have faith in him, have faith he won't leave, have faith he'll wake up." Chuuya looked at her, his eyes glistened with tears, they looked so downhearted and despairing.

Kyōyō wasn't sure what else she could say to him, it was up to him to try and tell himself that it may all turn out to be okay but no matter what happens she will always stick by his side. She pulled Chuuya into another hug to try and hide the fact tears of her own were threatening to fall, she couldn't bear to see her precious boy in so much pain, it was saddening to her very core. Kyōyō then felt Chuuya's hands clasp onto her clothing as he buried his face in her chest and sobbed quietly.

"I miss him Anee-san."
"I know."
"I wanna talk to him."
"I know."
"I love him"
"I know Chuuya."

They sat together, basking in each other's comfort for a good ten or so minutes until Kyōyō had to reluctantly leave. Chuuya had seemingly calmed down from his tears and even managed to give off a smile when she had left, but as soon as the door had shut and Chuuya had a moment to himself. That that slight bit of consolation he had felt when Kyōyō had been there had completely dissipated.

Chuuya broke down in tears again now all alone in his hospital room, he was being tortured by memories flooding back into his head every few minutes, along with what Kyōyō had told him.

He could feel the feeling of Dazai's lips on the back of his neck, he knew it would come back and bite him. He could feel Dazai's gentle grip on his hands or his wrist, he could hear the sinful sounds he had made the night they had sex, or the way he had climbed onto him that night. He could hear his beautiful laugh or see his smile whenever he did something cheeky.

It was piles on piles of anguish that slowly took shape into torture. Every bad thing he had said and done to Dazai in the last day or so was coming back to torment him, he couldn't take it, he felt like he was going to break any second, he wanted to scream and shout until his lungs completely collapsed on him. All he could do was cry helplessly and alone in his room, he didn't have Dazai awkwardly shuffle next to him and place his hand on Chuuya's hand or sling his arm around Chuuya's back as some sort of consolidation like he had done when they were teenagers. He was all alone with an abundance of sadness and guilt and loss building on his shoulders.

Chuuya cried on and on until the late hours of the day. He had spent most of the day under his covers, hiding from concerned nurses and the light from outside which made his eyes hurt even more than they already did. Thankfully when he was upset he ate more than he needed to -it was a sort of coping mechanism if you will- but that lead him to overeat and then throw up in the sink, his legs then gave out and he fell to the floor, he was on his knees sobbing, sweaty and dirty.

The only way he had managed to get back to bed was when one of the nurses had come to check on him and found him sitting on the floor crying as if he was broken.

When night fell and Chuuya found himself too drained of energy to even cry anymore, he looked out the window with hooded, tired and blood-shot eyes, he had never felt so hopeless and so desperate to see Dazai in his entire life, even the night that Dazai had left the Mafia and he had cried himself to sleep he hadn't felt this bad, maybe he knew it was because it wasn't his fault that Dazai had left, but this, this all felt like his fault, every bit of it felt like it had been him.

When night fell he sat up with a pained groan, deciding his back was hurting too much to keep laying down, he heard shuffling by the door, causing him to look in that direction and see the nurse that had helped him standing there with a sad yet understanding smile.
"Try and get some sleep Nakahara-San." She spoke, Chuuya looked at her, feeling somewhat grateful that she was trying to console him, she was a nice lady and Chuuya was grateful she was leaving him be when he wanted to be alone.
"I'll try my best, I haven't been able to sleep well recently."
"It's natural in a hospital, but it if becomes a problem please don't hesitate to tell me and I'll find something for you."
"Thank you."
"It not problem at all...oh and...if you need anyone to talk to I'm more than willing to listen." Chuuya smiled  at her nodding his head
"Maybe...I'll think about it." She gave him a nod and said nothing else before she closed the door and headed home.

Chuuya attempted to fall asleep but it was hard considering two other nurses were outside his room gossiping to one another -he couldn't blame them really- night shift on a peaceful floor would leave you wanting to pass the time with mere gossip. Chuuya was trying his best to ignore them and fall asleep but then the conversation caught his attention.

"They honestly shouldn't have told his friends about his condition, now he's worsening."
"Yeah I agree, I heard he was
alright the first day when he didn't know, then ever since that pretty woman came to speak to him, he's apparently been crying in his room all day."
"Do we know how Dazai-san is doing?"
"His heart rate is slowing day by day... he's going to end up dying soon if some miracle doesn't happen."
"I can't imagine how Nakahara-San must be feeling."
"Neither can I...If they really are in a relationship this must be so hard for him."

Chuuya sat up tiredly, how was it that everyone could tell they loved each other without them even being with one another? Was he really that obvious?

His thoughts were interrupted as he heard the conversation between the two nurses get interrupted
"Hello? We need backup right now! One of the nurses fainted and Mashimoto-chan isn't at work today!"
"But we can't leave this floor."
"Why not?"
"The patient in two hundred and twenty-nine-"
"Which one is that?"
"The comatose one."
"Ahh shit, just come up and we'll send someone from the other floors. I wouldn't have said normally but someone's having a stroke and the doctor is in surgery now."
"No, it's alright we'll be up."

Chuuya exhaled as he listened, whoever was having a stroke he could only hope they were okay. However that aside he suddenly realised that the floor was now left unsupervised; he wanted to see Dazai...now he knew what room he was in... he wondered if he could manage to walk there without collapsing or getting caught. There was no point in sitting and wondering about it so he got up and stumbled weakly over to the door peeking his head around the door just to make sure no one was there.

Once he assured himself that no one was there he gripped onto the bars on the side of the wall to help himself walk easier, he was in room two hundred and nineteen so he was only ten doors down from Dazai. Part of him felt like he couldn't make it like he'd collapse onto the floor from pain but he was going to make it to Dazai, he swore it, even if he ended up having to drag himself.

Thankfully that wasn't needed as Chuuya only three minutes later found himself in front of Dazai's door, he reached his hand out towards the handle.

"Honestly they're so unorganised, they should have had back up."

Chuuya began to panic when he heard voices coming up from the stairs, turning to look in that direction he saw the shadows of people nearing towards him, presumably nurses from other floors, in a panic, Chuuya quickly pressed on the handle opening the door quickly, stumbling forwards, nearly collapsing.

He ignored the unbearable pain from his body as he closed the door behind him quietly.

He took a deep breath, leaning his back against the door letting out a groan of pain. His eyes were shut as multiple waves of pain shot through his body at the overexertion.

He only opened his eyes once the pain that drowned his whole body began to subside somewhat. However, when he did open his eyes his breath was taken away from him...in the worst way possible.

Dazai looked positively awful, he lay in a bigger hospital bed than Chuuya had (probably because he was a special case-patient). He was attached to a heart monitor which Chuuya noticed was beeping incredibly slowly. He had other things that Chuuya had no clue what they did attach to his arms as well, Chuuya was surprised to see that he didn't have a breathing mask on seeing as he was in such a terrible state. The older shuffled over towards Dazai, looking at his sleeping face, his chest was rising and falling in a soft, barely noticeable rhythm.

Chuuya stared at his face, then his eyes wander to Dazai's hands which were injected with various needles, feeling slightly perturbed by that, he placed his hand on top of Dazai's in as gentle of a manner as he could as to not disturb any of the wires attached to him.
"Hey..." Chuuya whispered as he sat on the seat next to the bed, wincing slightly his ribs aching inside.

There was no answer and all he could was just stare at Dazai's almost lifeless body.

"God I fucking hate you."

Chuuya winced at the memory, his hand trembling on top of Dazai's as he began to cry
"I miss you- I'm sor-sorry I-...shit" he sobbed, using his other hand to cover his face with his scrunched fist.
"Wake up...please Dazai." Chuuya begged, taking his hand away from his face to stare at Dazai, if Dazai was awake he wouldn't have hesitated to call Chuuya beautiful even if he was crying, the way his tears complimented his eyes and his face reddened from sadness, it was beautiful, heartbreaking, but beautiful.

Chuuya stood up wanting to go and sleep but stopped briefly to stare at Dazai for a moment, without even thinking about what he was doing he bent over and placed a kiss on his lips, it felt horrible knowing he wouldn't get a response but it managed to ease his nervousness away, Dazai wasn't gone, he was still here, for now.

Once he pulled away he stopped to stare at the younger, his vision blurring from tears. His tears dropped from his eyes and slipped down Dazai's face, he raised his hand and cupped his cheek, pressing their foreheads together, completely ignoring the pain in his ribs, wanting to stay as close to Dazai as possible.

Chuuya in the end found himself sitting in Dazai's bed, in a position as far away from any wires as possible, thankfully they had all been positioned in a way that meant Chuuya couldn't knock them even in his sleep, but it was still good to be cautious.

The older then spent the rest of his time staring at Dazai until he could no longer keep his eyes open anymore and he finally allowed them to shut.
"Goodnight Dazai" he murmured.

Around four minutes later he was fast asleep right next to Dazai complete unaware of the increase in the brunet's heart rate.

━━━━✦❘༻❤️‍🩹༺❘✦━━━━

The next morning when Akutagawa and Kenji went in to see Chuuya, everything seemed normal at first.

They went to the receptionist and stated they were both there to see Chuuya and then they walked together to his room
"I hope Chuuya-san is okay" Kenji spoke as he skipped slightly ahead of Akutagawa, it was oddly amusing to watch the two of them interact,Kenji was a ball of sunshine whilst Akutagawa looked like a walking black hole.

"Me too, Kyōyō-San said he cried a lot yesterday." Akutagawa spoke as he continued to walk a little way behind Kenji who had already reached Chuuya's door.

When the blond opened the door, he stood there slightly bewildered, Akutagawa was still walking behind him
"What is it?"
"Chuuya-san isn't there." Kenji spoke as he scratched his head in confusion
"I wonder where he could have gone." Akutagawa sped up his walking, to go and look for himself, peeking over the top of Kenji's head
"You're right, he's not here... where could he have gone? He can barely move." They stared at each other in bewilderment, looking like utter morons to anyone who passed by.

"Is there anything I can help you two with?" One of the nurses came up from behind them making the two of them jump slightly, Kenji and Akutagawa looked at each other unsure whether it was a good idea to ask her where Chuuya was as if she didn't know it might set in a panic if she did know she could lead them right to him.
"Chuuya-san is gone." Kenji finally spoke as he pointed at the empty bed laying in the middle of the room.
The nurse peered inside with a thoughtful expression and a worried sigh
"I'll have to go tell the others to go and look for him... I'm so sorry but would you mind helping us, I know it's unfair seeing as you're both his visitor-"
"It's fine, I want to help!" Kenji smiled holding his hand up, Akutagawa glanced at him with a deep exhale
"It's no problem." He replied with a shrug, the nurse hurried off to tell the others and then everyone began a calm search for Chuuya, if they panicked it might have off-put other patients and visitors.

The nurse that had taken the time to speak to Chuuya calmly last night had been sorting through the medical history of one of her patients when she heard the commotion and decided to help look for him, though she felt like she knew where he was. Setting down her pen and beginning her trek around the corridors she went to Chuuya's room to look for any clues, but there was nothing. She walked out of the room and she saw Akutagawa standing outside another patients room, looking hesitant to walk in and ask about Chuuya, the nurse smiled at his cute mannerisms, Chuuya had told her a bit about Akutagawa and she knew he was antisocial.
"Uhmm... you're Akutagawa-san right?" She asked causing the dark male to turn in her direction
"I am."
"I'm assuming you're looking Nakahara-san?" He nodded slowly, unsure of what to say
" I have a feeling I know where he is, would you like to come with me?"
"That would be... appreciated" the male breathed out in relief, he may be okay with expressing himself around the Agency now but talking to random individuals was still quite the challenge, the nurse nodded and led him towards the end of the corridor to a room with the numbers two hundred and nineteen plastered on it's front.

"Who's room is this?" Akutagawa asked turning towards the nurse
"Dazai-san's." She replied simply, Akutagawa looked at her slightly nervously, he hadn't been allowed to visit Dazai.

Akutagawa coughed briefly as he peered over the nurses head and was left speechless, the sun barely seeped through the curtains that had been closed with just a small crack between them, even with the minuscule amount of light, it was enough to illuminate the two males faces. Chuuya was laying comfortably next to Dazai, his hand had somehow slipped underneath Dazai's as if they were holding hands. Chuuya looked peaceful and calm, like he had no worries in the world like he was finally getting a decent amount of sleep, the bags under his eyes much less noticeable than before. Akutagawa only tore his attention away from the two when he heard the nurse counting next to him, she was bopping her finger with every beep from the heart monitor, her other hand holding her phone which had been set on a timer, Akutagawa watched her curiously until she stopped after a while and smiled up at him.
"Dazai-san's heart rate has gone back up. I'll need to go get his doctor." She spoke then quickly walked away, she walked a few steps and then came to an abrupt stop
"You're okay to go in, don't worry about it, your blond friend too."

Akutagawa walked in somewhat hesitantly in the room, he walked to the end of the bed, his eyes softening as he looked at Chuuya's clam expression his half-snores echoing in the room.

The last time Akutagawa had seen Chuuya sleeping he somehow managed to look distressed but now he looked so calm like he was finally getting a good amount of sleep. Akutagawa walked to the edge of the bed on Chuuya's side, looking down at him fondly,
"You did a good thing -coming to Dazai-san."

Dazai and Chuuya's doctors came walking in surprisingly relaxed considering the situation, Akutagawa let out a little laugh when he saw Kenji peeking over the top of their shoulders trying to see Chuuya and Dazai without being rude about it.

One of the doctors -presumably Dazai's- went over to his heart monitor whilst the other who was obviously Chuuya's. He went to check on his patient, prodding around at Chuuya's ribs gently. Kenji noticed that there was only one chair in the room and decided to go and sit on the armrest of Akutagawa's chair, his back leaning against the others shoulder.

The nurse from before came back shortly after
"Yoshida-sensei! I checked the CCTV. Chuuya-San left his bed at eleven thirty-four PM." The doctor nodded with a faint smile,
"It's as you've predicted Okamoto-san, Dazai-San's heart rate steadily begins to increase at eleven forty.
"so that means Dazai-san was aware Chuuya-san was with him, doesn't it?" Akutagawa interrupted
"It does indeed." Chuuya's doctor spoke
"It indicated that while Dazai may be immobile his brain is working. It can mean he's beginning to recover, but it's not guaranteed."
"Well, it's better than nothing! Right Akutagawa-San?" Kenji beamed, the older male nodded then looked at Chuuya
"And Chuuya-san? How is he? Are you going to leave him here?"
The two doctors looked at each other briefly
"While what Nakahara-San did is quite irresponsible, it's understandable and they do both seem to be doing better, for now, I think it's best to let Nakahara-San rest but we will have to keep them separated until either one of them is discharged." Chuuya's doctor replied,
"But Fuji-sensei! They're getting better because they're together, isn't it better to keep them close?" The nurse, Okamoto, asked
"I understand you feel for Nakahara-San, Okamoto-San, but for the sake of their physical safety it's best to keep them apart." The nurse looked over at Chuuya and Dazai sleeping peacefully with a sigh
"Alright, I understand."

The doctors nodded then Chuuya's doctor -Fuji-sensei- turned to Akutagawa and Kenji
"You two are free to stay here until Nakahara-San wakes up." They nodded and bowed their head thankfully and then all the staff exited the room.

Akutagawa sighed, rubbing his temples in slight distress, Kenji looked at him and then patted him on the head
"Don't worry Akutagawa-san, everything will work out, be a little positive." Akutagawa looked at him stoically for a moment and then finally he turned his head to Chuuya and Dazai
"Alright, I'll try my best."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.4K 1.9K 36
Once partners and lovers in the Port Mafia, Dazai and Chuuya spend the next four years away from one another. After being reunited, the two act as th...
22.1K 775 25
Dazai and Chuuya admit their love for each other but their dark secrets start to resurface causing much anxiety for the newly developed couple. The p...
9.1K 700 26
"Yokohama school for troubled teens". Such a fancy name for a prison. They call it a school, but everyone knows that once you get in there, your futu...