ᴍɪssɪɴɢ || ʙᴀᴋᴜɢᴏ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

By GrizzlyBear_Katsuki

➪ ʙᴀᴋᴜɢᴏ x ᴍɪssɪɴɢ! Pʀᴏ-ʜᴇʀᴏ! Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ➪ sᴇǫᴜᴇʟ ᴛᴏ "ʙᴀᴅ ʜᴀʙɪᴛs" ➪ ɴᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴛ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ ➪ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʜᴀ... More

ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ: (ʏ/ɴ) (ʟ/ɴ)
ᴄᴏʟʟᴇᴀɢᴜᴇs' ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ
ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟹
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟻
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟼
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟽
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟾
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟿
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟶
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟷
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟸
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟹
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟺
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟻
ғɪɴᴀʟ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ
ʙᴏɴᴜs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ: ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴍ
ʙᴏɴᴜs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ: ǫᴜɪʀᴋ ᴍᴀɴɪғᴇsᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟺

3.3K 124 161
By GrizzlyBear_Katsuki

Date: October 19, XXXX
Time: 11:51 a.m.
Location: Hero President's Office

For the millionth time in the last hour, Toshinori runs his hands through his hair, tugging at the ends in frustration. The clock on the wall seems to slow down, each tick...tick...tick sounding farther apart than the last. He swears the world is messing with him. Since when did time go by so slowly? He's been sitting here for only an hour but it's felt like three.

With a sigh, Toshinori leans his head back, bumping it against the wall as the flimsy plastic chair creaks beneath him with the shift of his weight. Closing his eyes, his senses become all too aware of every tick of the clock. It'll only be a matter of minutes before he loses his mind completely and starts cursing. Not that Toshinori is usually one to curse, but the enormous amount of stress and worry he has suffered through over the last month has done it's damage.

His patience has suffered.

And, that damn clock isn't helping.

Just in the nick of time, the door to his immediate right groans as it opens, revealing a tall man with an elegant, freshly ironed, forest green suit on. Toshinori stands at attention out of habit, facing the Hero President of Japan, the one man in the entire country with jurisdiction over all pro heroes. The man smiles at him with recognition and waves him inside of the office.

Toshinori is quick to follow, he has wasted enough time outside waiting for an opening in the president's schedule to talk to him. Now is his chance.

"Sir-"

"Please Toshinori," The Hero President cuts him off with a dignified smile, gesturing to a chair in front of a grand mahogany desk, "We've known each other too long for you to still be calling me 'sir'."

"Shuta," Toshinori corrects himself carefully, "I wanted to talk to you about Phantom and what it means for the city now that she's missing."

It's been almost a full month now since your disappearance, leaving Japan without a No. 2 Hero to protect it. Crime rates have increased due to your absence, showing just how much you did every day to protect this country. Even now, Toshinori has a hard time thinking about where you might be, what might be happening to you, who might have taken you. Just the thought makes him feel like he's going to choke up and start crying again.

He's cried too much in the last month.

You're okay.

You have to be.

Shuta nods along to Toshinori's statement, turning from where he leaned against his desk to round it. He picks up a file with your hero picture clipped to the front and flips through the first few pages inside, humming as he does so. He mumbles to himself for a moment, before turning the file to face Toshinori and placing it in front of him to look at.

There is a picture front and center on the page, a chart of your agency's activities in the last month since your disappearance. Your record of villain catches and arrests are much lower compared to previous months, as anyone would expect with you not being there to run things. Toshinori raises a brow at this, wondering why Shuta is showing him this in the first place.

"Phantom's agency is slowly falling apart without her there to actively run it. Rockslide has temporarily taken over, but some of the sidekicks don't respect him the same way they did with her. They are threatening to leave their jobs and find work elsewhere," Shuta states, slapping the file shut and the twinkling look in his eyes disappears, turning cold and empty, "Do you understand what this means, Toshinori?"

"We need to find her as soon as possible-"

"No."

"No?"

The Hero President runs a stressed hand through his neatly trimmed, black hair. He begins to mumble to himself for a moment, pacing back and forth as if deep in thought. Toshinori watches, feeling anger starting to swell in his chest. What does he mean their top priority isn't finding you?

"I believe we should put more manpower into looking for her, Shuta. She's the No. 2 Hero for goodness sakes! We need her!" Toshinori exclaims, hitting his fist against the arm of his perfectly crafted chair. Shuta stops pacing, eyeing the man in front of him who used to be the Symbol of Peace.

But, no more.

"We can't let the public find out about the turmoil within Phantom's agency, it will only cause more panic for the people," Shuta concludes, seating himself once again at his desk and begins typing something into his computer.

Toshinori feels like he might rip his hair out. This man isn't listening to him. "Shuta-"

The man in question raises a single finger to stop him, picking up the automatic landline on his desk as the secretary on the other side of the door answers within the first ring.

"Mari, please get in contact with Hawks and have him come here...no...no, not until about four...oh and make sure to contact several news stations to come and watch...yes...thank you, Mari," The man says, hanging up once done. He folds his hands neatly atop his desk and looks Toshinori straight in the eye with the same cold and unwavering gaze.

"You were saying?"

Letting out a deep, frustrated sigh, Toshinori tries again, "We need an organized force to help find her. Once she's back, crime rates will go down again and her agency will go back to being functional. This is what's best for everyone."

"Not everyone," Shuta responds, running a hand through his always perfect hair.

"What do you mean?"

"What if she's dead?"

The Hero President maintains eye contact with Toshinori during his question, not letting him break that unwavering gaze. It's a simple question, really, one that has run through Toshinori's head multiple times a day since your disappearance. Toshinori freezes, gripping the arms of his chair as his mind goes to the worst case scenario, them being able to find nothing but your dead body. The man lets out a shaky breath, attempting to regain his composure but the businessman in front of him trudges on.

"If she's dead, the world will panic. First, the retirement of the No. 1 Hero, the Symbol of Peace. And only two years later, the new No. 2 Hero is found dead. Do you know what will happen to our system Toshinori? Do you have a plan for what happens next?"

"I-"

"Let me tell you what will happen. Pure chaos. It was bad enough when you retired, villains got brave and many old names came out of hiding. But, Phantom took over and set everything back in place within a couple of months. The villains are starting to get brave again, thinking she's gone and if we confirm that, they will rampage. But, I have a plan. I cannot cover for her and her agency this time. In the past I was able to overlook a fall in arrests because she was on an important mission for me, bust this is not my doing and not my problem-"

"What do you mean, not your problem!? If what you say is true then getting her back is the best way to stop all of this! We can't waste time if we want to find her alive!"

"I want that too Toshinori," Shuta tells him, reaching across the desk to pat his boney hand even though his words don't match his eyes. He has a funny way of pretending like he cares. "It is a great loss for me not to have her for missions. She was an amazing hero who I could put my full faith in. But, Phantom's title as No. 2 Hero will be revoked until further notice. Hawks will be taking her place in the ranks, and all subsequent heroes will rise one place in the ranks as well."

Toshinori's mouth falls open like a fish desperately in need of water. He can only stare in shock at the fake, pitying look the Hero President gives him.

"I know this is hard for you Toshinori, she was like a daughter to you, but we have to do what is best for the country-"

He did not come here to be talked down to like a child, Toshinori's gaze turns fierce as he slams his fist against the desk, "Finding her is what's best! You think knocking her off the ranks will calm this country?! It will only make them think we have lost hope of finding her and they will lose hope as well!"

The Hero President stands from his chair, adjusting the cuffs of his jacket and loosening his shoulders in one fluid movement. He walks over to the glass wall overlooking the city, gazing down at the people walking the streets below. So, many lives at stake if the wrong decision is made.

"Shuta, showing that we haven't given up on her will give the people hope. We can't give up yet," Toshinori pleads, standing as well and striding over to join his old employeer.

The blond male catches a glimpse of the other man's eyes brightening ever so slightly in the reflection of the window before they are covered by his hand, massaging the skin of his temple. A moment later, Shuta sighs solemnly and places a hand against the thin back of the past Symbol of Peace, patting twice before moving away to his desk once more.

"I hear you Toshinori," The Hero President starts, giving hope to the other man, "And, I will do what is best for everyone."

The two men exchange a small smile at that, and Toshinori nods along, walking back to the chair to gather his few things so he can finally head back to UA while thinking the issue is resolved. "Does this mean you'll give me more men to search?" He questions as he straightens his back, towering over the president.

"I can only spare a few."

The Hero President nods to the screen on his desk, displaying the current crime rates in Japan. It doesn't take a genius to recognize the numbers are significantly higher than before your disappearance. Toshinori nods in understanding, knowing that heroes are still needed to protect the citizens of this country and don't have time to search for a missing hero. No matter how valuable of an asset she is.

"Thank you, Shuta," Toshinori tells the man, stepping forward to shake his hand. The other man smiles in return, the softness of it not reaching his glimmering, dark eyes like that of a spider spinning a web. With an exchange of goodbyes, Toshinori leaves feeling better than before.

•••••

Date: October 19, XXXX
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Location: UA Campus

As the smell of pork and fried rice wafts through the air, Class 3-A prepares for dinner, bumping and shoving into each other to try to be the first to make their plate. Toshinori watches from the side, smiling ever so slightly at the rowdy bunch of students. It reminds him of the monthly dinners you have at Hakamata's apartment. Not that the hero family had one this month, they all agreed it wouldn't be the same without you nor would it be right. The thought dims his mood a bit, but the smile still remains on his boney face.

A moment later, the elevator doors slide open with a 'bing!' to reveal Kirishima dragging Bakugo by the back of his shirt across the common room to kitchen, a tentative smile on the redhead's face.

"I brought Bakugo!" He cheers, presenting his friend like a trophy to the class.

The others in the squad greet the pair and strike up a conversation that Bakugo couldn't seem less interested in, continuing to flip through the files in his hands. It doesn't take long for everyone in the class to filter through the line and grab a plate, taking their seats in the dining area in groups of five to six students each.

Midoriya notices Toshinori standing to the side with a thoughtful look on his face, deciding to make a plate for his mentor to ensure that he eats something. Said broccoli boy tells his friends he'll be back in a moment and jogs back over to the kitchen. Once the plate is made, Midoriya waves his predecessor over and hands the piled plate to him with a smile.

"You really should eat something Toshinori-san," Midoriya tell him with a soft smile. Over the last couple of years, their relationship has grown stronger and the green haired boy has become accustomed to referring to his childhood idol by his name. Said man smiles, taking the plate and ruffling the boy's unruly, green hair.

"Thank you, young Midoriya."

Midoriya nods, offering Toshinori a spot at his table which the man gratefully accepts. Waiting for them is, Uraraka, Ida, Tsuyu, Todoroki, and Shinso. The other students greet him before quickly going back to stuffing their faces with pork cutlet. The older man smiles as he listens to them talk about random things and enjoy their meal. He's glad that they are recovering well from the shock of your disappearance, well...most of them.

Toshinori glances over his shoulder at where Bakugo and the rest of your 'squad' sits, most of the group is laughing and engaging in conversation. But, the leader that the group is named after is silent, flipping through page after page of files, only taking a bite every few minutes.

A worried sigh leaves Toshinori, gazing at the boy you gave your heart to and gave his back in return. He knows all of the students are suffering but Bakugo is obviously taking it the hardest.

Halfway through the meal, the front doors of the Heights Alliance open to reveal Rockslide, your most trusted and number one sidekick. All of the students around Toshinori perk up at the sight of him, hoping for news on you.

Noticing the immediate attention on him, Dorian waves at the class with a weak smile. There are deep bags under his eyes and bandages wrapped up one of his arms. It seems work has been harder on him than originally thought with you gone. Toshinori stands up and quickly walks over to the younger male, shaking his hand and asking if there's any news.

"I'm sorry, I still only know as much as you do. I'm only here because we're missing a file at the agency and I figured it was here," Dorian tells him, grimacing as he breaks the news that there is no news.

Toshinori sighs, head dropping in relief because you aren't dead but also frustration because there is no update either. "Go on ahead, third floor on the right. Second door."

"Thank you."

Dorian limps past, disappearing in the elevator a moment later along with the hope in the students' eyes. There is a loud, collective noise of sighs and groans from the class. Some go back to eating while others push their half empty plates away, having lost their appetites.

The room remains silent until Midoriya suddenly jumps in his chair, causing it to squeak and a surprised yelp escapes him as he almost tips back completely. Luckily, Todoroki catches his chair and places all four legs back on the ground.

"Sorry! Sorry!" The flustered boy shouts, still staring at his phone for a second before safely hopping out of his chair and running to the living area. The eyes of his classmates follow him curiously as the boy starts mumbling to himself and turns the TV on.

Feeling the many eyes on him, Midoriya turns to face the class with reddening cheeks. "Sorry about that! It's just that-that uh-the Hero President is making an announcement!" The boy stutters before managing to explain his flustered actions to his peers.

The others quickly put their dishes away and join Midoriya on the couches facing the TV, watching in anticipation as the Hero President walks up to the decorated podium in a dark purple suit this time. At the same moment, Dorian arrives back on the first floor, manila folder in hand and joining everyone else in front of the TV.

"What's going on?" He whispers into Toshinori's ear, not understanding what changed since he left.

"The Hero President is making a speech."

"Oooooooh," Dorian hums, crossing his arms and settling in with the students at Toshinori's side.

"Good evening citizens of Japan, as you may know, my name is Shuta Aoi, and I am the Hero President of this noble country. I am here to speak on the behalf of this country's current heroes in the light of new circumstances," Shuta starts, sounding every bit like the dignified businessman that he is. The speech continues on with only a breath-long pause, "I would like to ask that we all take a moment of silence to pray for the quick return of our nation's friend and hero, Phantom."

Several members of Class 3-A smile, including Dorian and Toshinori. Everyone bows their heads and waits for the speech to continue after the minute of silence is over. The Hero President smiles at the screen, straightening his back as he continues.

"I know we are all concerned for her safety. But, we have more pressing issues to worry about," Shuta states, shocking Toshinori with the change in his tone. Some of the students start mumbling in confusion as they watch, Bakugo's grip turning deadly on the poor papers in his grip.

"Villains are getting brave with our No. 2 Hero missing in action, and measures must be taken to ensure the safety of this country and it's people. The title of No. 2 Hero cannot be left empty." The speech stops briefly as Hawks is forcefully pushed onto the stage in his hero costume, looking just as confused as Toshinori feels. "That is why it is my great honor to bestow the title of No. 2 to Hawks, our new, top hero."

The Hero President starts to clap on screen with the sound of dozens of others in the background cheering and whistling, patting Keigo's back like a father proud of his son's accomplishments.

"Wait, what?" Keigo questions aloud on screen, looking around as several high ranking officials clap for him. It's obvious to Toshinori, that Keigo had no idea this was happening when he was called to the Hero President's office.

Several students gasp in shock, some even crying as they realize what this means. Your spot in the rankings has been stripped from you, years of hard work and shedding blood for this country taken away in an instant.

"In subsequent with this new promotion, all other heroes will rise one place in the rankings. We thank you all for your service."

Internally, Toshinori starts seething and more of the students start crying or whispering worriedly to their friends. This can't really be happening, right? Just as Toshinori goes to shout at the TV, to scream at Shuta's smiling face while he bows to the camera, Dorian growls out a monstrous roar and a rock slams into the wall next to the TV, purposefully being diverted at the last second.

Dorian's fists clench at his sides, the papers in his hand being crushed in his grip as he glares at the TV. Bakugo doesn't look any better, a murderous scowl on his face. If it wasn't for Kirishima's arm wound tightly around his shoulders, Bakugo probably would've blown up the TV by now.

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME?! WHAT THE HELL!"

"Bakubro! Please, calm down!"

Everyone in class 3-A turns to glare daggers at the TV as the Hero President steps aside to let Hawks say a few words on his new position. The winged man approaches the podium with shaky legs, gripping both sides of the wooden platform tightly in his gloved hands. His face is pale as he opens his mouth, then closes it, only to open it again with a deep sigh.

"My position is only temporary," He starts, voice shaky and not like the usual, confident swagger he would use to tease you, "I am only keeping Phantom's seat at No. 2 warm until she gets back. And, she will be back. I swear it to you." He nods to the camera as if locking in his promise and pries his fingers from the podium. After that, Hawks leaves without another word or glance at anyone else. The Hero President quickly hides his irritation, once again taking his place in front of the camera and saying a few, final words and the program shuts down.

The common room falls silent except for the occasional sniffle as the students pick themselves up one by one and flee to their rooms. Dorian storms off without a word, slamming the door behind him hard enough to rattle the frame.

Within minutes, Toshinori is left alone in the now empty room, staring at his reflection in the black screen of the TV. With a groan, Toshinori slumps and buries his head between his arms and lets a single tear slide down his hollow cheek. When he notices his actions, Toshinori shakes himself back to reality, wiping the tear away and making his way out of the Class 3-A dormitory.

He can't let himself fall apart again.

Not now.

Besides, he needs to check on Keigo. The poor guy looked like he was about to cry.

————————————————————————

I'm back!!!

I've missed you Dumplings!! 🥟♥️

This is only the first of several chapters I will post today to celebrate my return, so keep your eyes open for the next ones. I've been working since March to write several chapters as a surprise for you lovelies.

I hope you enjoyed!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122 5 1
~*~ katsuki bakugo x reader ~*~ 𝓴𝓪𝓽𝓼𝓾𝓴𝓲 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓸 𝓪𝓷𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓮𝓬𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓵𝓾𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓴𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾
115K 3.8K 14
•°. *࿐ ❝𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝?❞ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝟐𝟒 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧...
2M 62.8K 69
ꗃ 𝐤. 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝: 𝟎𝟖/𝟐𝟕/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝: 𝟎𝟏/𝟐𝟑/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 !𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐢 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫! 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥...
1.2K 59 5
❛ 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗺𝗮𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗼 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱! ❜── 𝗞𝗮𝘁𝘀𝘂𝗸𝗶 𝗕𝗮𝗸𝘂𝗴𝗼𝘂 ⇢˚⋆ ✎ ˎˊ- "爆発物" 💥 ; -', ( 𝙋�...