Levitating Towards You

By JeonLalisa2323

"I am too scared to lose what we have, staying silent as the feelings of hope and love blossomed inside my ch... More

โˆฒ๐˜•๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฆโˆฒ
๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ด...
๐˜—๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ
๐˜›๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ ๐˜“๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด...
โˆ˜โˆ˜โˆ˜ ๐˜›๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณโˆ˜โˆ˜โˆ˜
โ’ˆ ๐˜œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜Œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ
โ’‰๐˜ˆ ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜—๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ
๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด
๐๐จ๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ž
โ’‹๐˜ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ˆ ๐˜›๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต
Alert๐Ÿšฉ
๐˜•๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด

โ’Š๐˜š๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด...

128 1 0
By JeonLalisa2323

∻⚜∻

"𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝒻, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈, 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓈𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒."

⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄∻∻∻⚜∻∻∻⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄

𝘔𝘺 𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙮

∻⚜∻

𝐼 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒹𝒶𝓎, 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝒸𝓆𝓊𝒶𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒

𝒜 𝓉𝓇𝒾𝓋𝒾𝒶𝓁 𝓂𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓁𝓂𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔,

𝒴𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓁𝓂𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔.

..

A flood of students is seen rushing as new freshmen's make their way inside pushing the huge metal University gates right after the opening time. Some cameramen hired were taking picture, snapping perfect shots for publishing on behalf of the University. A little boasting around as BNU was a well-known University hence the necessity. 

The long cue scattered around as Seniors got ready for the welcome. All of them grinning widely, eyes filled with curiosity and excitement in anticipation of their first day after a long year of hard work to cross the cut-off leaving thousands of aspirants behind with high scores. At the peak of their youth with glitters shimmering in their eyes.

A major part of their empty life ready to be filled with upcoming stories and experiences they would narrate with fondness in the future. All anticipating to start the new phase of their life they had worked hard for to earn a place to be recognized in society.

Leaving behind a part to start another one. A completely different environment many would find difficult to adjust in. The place many dreams of with adoration, desiring to encounter adventures. 

Currently shelves the next three, four, or five years of their life that is going to have a significant influence on them. They have no contention that life is going to be more challenging from here. The part that plays a prominent role in what they are to be in the future. 

Making new friends, experiencing new things, learning, gaining, sharing, true friendship, and especially, finding love.

It was flooded, the campus of every faculty decorated in their best way to impress in a warm welcome to make them feel comfortable. The aroma of sizzling meat and fried vegetable could be smelled in the air along with various mouth-watering desserts. 

The temperature of Bangkok was at its peak and the sun would soon be over their head. Not much was provided. In such heat, dare they try something beyond their tolerance, it would be a disaster and diarrheas'.

The area was divided, stalls set up by the Seniors of their respective faculty to make it easier to locate on the vast campus and have them a tour, any questions, doubts, problems to freshmen, and counseling students. And also, to be familiar with each other.

It was near to 14th of February; hence many stalls were decorated accordingly, the theme being white, blue along with red and pink exclusively to attract more attention. Blue and white being the logo of their official symbol, and the other two for the fun of it. The profit they earn from selling mouthwatering desserts and games for a little higher price would be funded for programs and projects that need help for improvement around the campus, while two forth will be used as donation. So, gaming and food stalls were set to collect them in cardboard boxes on small booth houses. Not a problem seeing the crowd. However, luring them in was solely on the Seniors. 

Though nothing looked like it was just for charity or Orientation. If some more flowers and balloons were to be added, it would look like a couple's hot spot on a fair. The Seniors cannot believe authorities allowed something like this in an educational institution after a request. Still so used to their ex-chancellor for saying no to everything. Too used to the lack of funding for events and festivals previously, not even cultural festivals which sounds discouraging. 

They were always on a tight budget somehow, hard to believe for such a well-known University. But had money when interviewing or inviting a well-known guest that will most probably be printed into newspapers articles and bring more fame. Their ex-Chancellor never agreed to any happiness the students can have even in the form of small events if not directly funding or profiting the Uni. It was surely because of the camera crew and the pressure of maintaining a great reputation of how grand this Uni was. Basic photos won't do them any good, BNU had a reputation of always standing out, they have to maintain it each year.

Though this year would be good for them as the old, grumpy man has finally retired and the new one seemed more thoughtful and acceptable to opinions. However strict he was, till now, all good signs. 

Last year due to Co-vid guidelines and a year before that, they missed all the crowded gatherings. But there were greater things to handle than being sad about Uni festivals. Since safety of the people came first. 

But nevermind, let them live out this moment in bliss. 

Since they did this year surprisingly provide a nice budget planning, even in the name of Orientation Day, the permission would be taken full advantage of with freedom. The welcome ceremony looked crazy, some would say it was better than the previous year's bald and boring organized events, less lively and entertaining.

Some students in their high school uniforms are here for counseling as their finals are going to be over in a few months. Therefore, Universities arrange these minor programs through which young pupils could decide about their majors and interests before taking an important decision for future.

That is done by setting up a date announced officially to let them have a visit and talk to Seniors and Professors in various preferred Universities. Look around and have a tour of the campus. A type of consultation about what faculties and majors to choose from and what was best, what are the requirements and basics. The maximum and minimum grade percentage required for admission and what are the advantages in the future with a stable livelyhood. It goes on for a month.

High schoolers fill a form for registration at the start of their high school year about what they would like to study further, which University and what majors. Teachers then help them achieve the required scores throughout the year to give them the best that could avoid conflicts during University enrollment.

Small non-governmental groups also help organize signed up event through which these students could visit their preferred Uni's and explore to a wider range. Though these dates released are different for different Universities. The date this year coincided with new students arriving at Orientation at BNU, so it felt too populated. It was good in some way they will get to experience many things at ones.

Some were accompanied by one of their elder siblings, who were to an advantage as they got a chance to visit the University their sibling studied in for free. Without any requirement of signing up for any organization or required fee. While other were alone or with friends.

Bangkok National University was one of a few that had many Campuses conjoined together. A lot of faculties and majors are all interconnected with each other. People from all over the country, even outside, dream to be studying here.

They don't know their life starts from right the moment they're enrolled in the Uni. Oh, they have no idea how different this was compared to lies shown in movies. It was nothing like what we fantasized about. It was a lot more than Romance and Drama in which anything was shown other than studies and stressful lifestyle.

It was a nice sight of new faces for Seniors, even though some just whined about too many stalls to set up at such a weather. The afternoon sun had no mercy. These juniors will be in their place to work for the next upcoming events was the only motivation that kept many going.

Already planning revenge on these innocent little Juniors for making them cook and entertain on this day like clowns. Planning the torments that would be performed by the upperclassmen. Perks of being a year ahead. 

Apart from that, the infamous trio was busy setting up their stall together. All three belonging to the Science faculty, well-known faces and the hot topic of their faculty. 

Mork was leaning on the table while his others were setting up ingredients behind him accompanied with First Year Juniors to help. He could hear them chopping greens, dicing onions and tearing leaves of radish and carrots into little pieces on the wooden board. He had commented to one of them on using the blunt side of the knife rather than the sharp one. It gained him a sheepish smile. He could only trust Bam on making the food taste good, which was a scary thought in itself. 

He was called to the medical tent for some help before he could further worry about the well-being of participants. Trusting these Junior who looked clueless, seem to be observing around the basic utensils with a mischievous Bam was a mistake. Poking and prodding as if they have never seen a sieve or a spice grinder before. He hopes Bam was wise enough to be trusted on guiding them with minor chores and weapons(knives). Before he knew it, he was back, was mostly free since he wasn't much needed. 

So here he is, helping them lift heavy carriers and was used as a domestic dog to fetch whatever was needed. Such as more wooden chopsticks and foam plates from the storage, or soda drinks for their break. He didn't mind, more freaked out about the end result so was mostly for a lookout. Hoping no one pours hot oil on themselves or chop their fingers. 

Bam suggested the idea, ever so loving of spicy food, that a competition could be held about who could eat the spiciest one she cooked. Which wouldn't have been a problem if only she wasn't the one doing it. He thought her pain receptors were missing because how could one be so tolerant of spicy? None was born like her, it could even be considered a superpower.

Nan had shared ones that she could chug a glass of red chili paste in unequal proportion, chillie powder being more than water, and not even flinch. She was built different, Mork couldn't agree more. Weird but accurate.

Although he didn't ask why she would even do it in the first place. Just another day, just another Meung Nan and his questionable thoughts. 

Nan was doubtlessly right though, Mork agreed on this one. Raising his eyebrows worriedly at the amount of red chillie crumbles thrown in the pot cooking Tom Yum Soup blindly with rapid hand movements and a worrying unbothered face. Her expression unfazed, as if she was guessing what amount should be enough, to kill. Angry red bubbles erupted inside the pot; he was afraid it would explode at some point defying all laws of physics. If it was an animation, the vapor thickening the soup emerging out of the pot would materialize into a skull indicating a hazardous potion was being prepared.

Nan had nervously walked away the second she demonstrated her plan with a wicked grin. Rubbing her hands interestingly like a supervillain on her way to create chaos. Mork had seen the way he was betrayed as the latter had bolted too fast for someone pretending to look around. Muttering something around the lines of not having enough cups and plates and someone had to bring more. Yet to return. 

He did not even look around, cause the carton full of necessities was kept right behind the chair, not a surprise. Because even before the idea was introduced, Nan against his better judgement, made a thoughtless promise to taste whatever she made first for support until he felt full. 

Where will he go to though, how far can he escape. Nan was also in-charge along with Bam of this stall, Mork thankfully counted himself out with a polite smile, being much wiser. Nan will have to return soon. No one was coming out of this unharmed, if Mork was going down, so was he.

Nan couldn't be blamed fully though. He was always the one to support and encourage the other two in everything they did. The emotional support among the trio, ironic, looking at the clusterfuck of a family mess he was living in, and how emotionally unstable he appeared sometimes after family dinners. Not to mock him but it was a playful jab, both knew the joke runs in the group. Converting their mess into humor was a coping mechanism, he supposes. But Nan was good with words, and his warm smile made it easier to trust them. A dangerous combination Mork must say. He could do questionable things without being questioned. 

The thing was, both boys only agreed to accompany her to shopping for necessities driven by greed. And his father has always taught him nothing good comes out of one's own selfishness. Hs words couldn't hold more truth. Forming thoughts about what could be cooked, what mouth-watering food they will get to taste to the point they forgot who their female friend really was behind that mask of innocent eyes and a beautiful smile. Creating fantasies of all the devouring sweets she had prepared and made them taste. Her fondness of baking and cooking was one of her qualities that made them despise the canteen food. But all had been disintegrated to shreds moments later.

She would cook them something delicious and they would have a lunch/brunch/dinner together at least ones a month which they looked forward to. Her hand had a magic that reminded them of home. Hence, Nan was not wrong to imagine something delicious.

It soon came crashing down as she explained she wanted to cook something 'different'. That one word had them crash landing into a spiral of darkness in a shattered daydream that seem to be endless. 

They watched in horror as she looked for a big packet of red chillie  powder instead of any medium sized one and placed it in the cart. Then all the spices she could get her hands on. Both boys had looked at each other, being teleported to the future that left a creeping feeling down their spine. The two men turned scared of what awaits.

She looked a little like a maniac, giggling and mumbling to herself while jotting down a list. They had instinctively taken a step back when she turned to drop the last item in the trolley with a satisfying nod. Since Nan was right in front of her, her eyes fortunately fell on him first. 

Mork had turned away instantly, taking it as his cue to leave them alone and handle things. Booked out the area with red alarms in his vision, turning randomly, away from view with haste steps but in the range to hear sweet little lies she was speaking. No matter how scared he was, he still had to keep an ear. Maybe find the courage to save his friends. But mostly to have fun as his friend gives up. 

Ducking behind a shelf and pretending to read some nonsensical instruction about steps on one of the packets in hand with squinted eyes because who would bring reading glasses to read them in Arial font, size eight. Breathing as slowly as he can.

Mork had known what was coming next, and he would very much not like to be dragged in the mess.

Though with the disadvantage of his tall height, his head was apparently still visible above the shelf. Head moving left to right as he tried listening to whatever bullshit was prepared. His black mop of hair floating above the upper shelf, his longitudinal advantage proved to be unfortunate sometimes. 

'I can make it more interesting; you know. I heard my Junior saying how competition ensures more cash for donation.' Those same Juniors would in the future regret their off-handed advice. Mork knows because he will be the witness. Already getting violent future snippets and visions.

He did his best to remain subtle, not as to even loudly breath in their direction.

Mork knew exactly what she was doing, luring Nan with her words into an agreement. And Nan being the soft one, nodded at her hesitantly. Forgetting how unpredictable the woman was, to them, actually, all women are unpredictable. No offence. But that was a debate for another day. 

She was good at convincing, pulling out reasons and twisted logic at people to the point they malfunctioned and nodded to whatever. She could bend words when she needed to in the right way, she had a kind of convincing power. Even Nan didn't stand a chance, no one ever does. Thye never see it coming. 

Bam had cooked them delicious food once in a while, much to their surprise the initials months. After the torture of going through her learning process where she messed up badly, only with spices. Then came the phase she had mastered the art of trial-and-error method to make food her own way and enhance the flavors despite the recipie saying otherwise. Improving day by day until she felt satisfied. 

When both boys forgot their civil lifestyle. It was always her who made them remember that studies were important but so was their health. When it was unfeasible to reshape their irregular meals and sleep schedule, retreat impossible. Barely holding onto their life as they only raised their head to check if the other one was alive and surviving off sodium and carb filled packed, stale food.

Upcoming quiz and early morning lectures turning them insane as they huddled in opposite corners of either of their house, ducked beneath piles of assignments and books surrounding them for a silent group study. Though occupied with only words as their visions shook.

She would barge in from the door, making a dramatic entry in all heroic mode in supervillain movies. Heavy bags on both hands filled with groceries they forgot to restock, placing all the necessities on the table with force to announce her arrival. Then grab both of them by their collars, like cubs, command on her tongue to put their act together. Both boys on their feet to clean their room and take a proper shower, not just a five-minute quick obligation. 

Reminding them they were humans, and the body cannot survive long on instant packed food filled with sodium and calories. Then forcing them to restock the empty cabinets with full stomach and adding yet another favor she showed into her list of 'You have to help when I need it'. 

So, it was not hard for Nan to fall for it. He always had a soft spot for Bam, as they were long lost childhood friends after all. If people were fooled, they would think both of them had a thing for each other. They didn't.

He shouldn't have been deceived by those eyes though, Bam knew what she was doing. This was the reason Mork had looked the other way, leaving both of them alone. Trusting Bam to Nan and behaving like he wasn't even existing, just the air. 

Mork had felt pity for the latter until Nan walked away after the devil's agreement and left everything on his shoulders. His head disappeared behind some aisle looking through random packets of spices frantically, Mork bets he doesn't even know properly half of them, acting to be a genius and in hopes to escape.

And Mork was left alone mouth a gasped in the company of Bam. Calling out his name, something along the lines of- "Don't worry. We work well with spicy food. I am sure Mork would handle it well."

She had made her way quickly to him, holding his arm with a sweet smile. Asking him to taste sweetly what she would make like any good friend. It really was hard to resist Bam staring at his soul, because it held nothing but determination with great intensity. He was quite intimidated as a six feet man from a five feet two-inch woman. (It is Five feet three inches! A tiny voice inside his head in oddly familiar to Bam argues.)

Mork, for the first three seconds, froze in place, the packet he held almost out of grasp. His face paled thinking the last time she had used this tone and pulled out the 'best friend' card. A move neither men had learned to escape throughout their years' worth of friendship. 

You see, Bam rarely asked for help, he never remembered her being desperate for them to interfere in her business. She dealt with her problems excellently on her own. But her friend's card held nothing but danger. A favor given to her was like make a deal with the devil. And sharing your secrets was similar to expecting a thief not to rob you just because you said so. 

A women her size, shorter than him even, Mork was not ashamed to say he had leaned back, showing his fake sincerity, that he was definitely looking forwards to it. Competing on ditching the last moment or faking a diarrhea. 

Do they even know how his best friend, the handsome Senior of Allied Health Science faculty, Meung Nan, others so admired, really was? Who prided on having an effect on people, his kind nature and helpful personality had run away.

If only they knew, the good build, 'gorgeous', their words not his, and famous Senior Nan pushed problems to Mork and ran away like a coward. Running with his tail between his legs.

And boy were they not prepared when she stared making the sauce that looked no less than a deadly potion, she was going to dip on everything. One drop felt enough to turn their inside out. Stomach turning into knots.

The Medical student knew that this much amount of spiciness was unhealthy. People could be killed. But with the big spoon full's she had used, anyone could be deceased.

He could picture people screaming and crying, tumbling on the floor with fire erupting out of their mouths like dragons. And the morning after, he better not go there.

The Juniors helping her could own look in horror at him, and Mork stared back blankly. It was seeing your own death and not being able to do anything. The first-year'ers have attentively agreed, greedy for being given some free snacks after the party was over. Their faces have paled the moment Bam started unpacking and hoarding the chilies aside to sprinkle on everything her eyes fell upon.

Mork may have imagined it but the tallest of them looked like he teared up. Was it from fear clearly visible in his eyes or the spiciness lingering in the air when they stepped closer to the pot, he didn't ask. Well, not like the Seniors were getting out of it anyway, let alone them. How could he of all people help? Cause what else did they expect him to do? Stop her, he would rather slam him tongue in the car door. And that stays a lot. 

But did they truly know. That behind his well-maintained facade, neutral emotions were the hidden fear of what happens. 

He was never the one to tolerate even a little bit of spiciness. His taste was too bald, they said. He inclined towards something not too sweet, not too spicy, boring, they said. But then this amount was not for any breathing and living human all at once.

His arms were tired from carrying boxes and this is not how he saw his morning going. It was Valentine's month, after all, give him some rest.

He wanted to spend his time with his little sister and parents who were back in the country after their visit to the second family house. Maybe ask her mom to cook him something with sweet coconut milk. Or some of the Japchae she had planned on making. His moth watered just thinking about it. 

Nan comes from somewhere in the crowd with red cups and thermocol plates. He smiled at Bam, the fakest of bravery ever seen. Mork scoffed. Loser.

The individual had avoided staying at the stall like a plague for longer than necessary, snatching any chance to run away. Mork was in a dilemma. Was Nan going to be there when she had finally finished cooking? He better be or their friendship ends.

"How is it going in the medical stall?" Nan asked him on seeing his friend out of breath from carrying the box. Attentively staying away from the stove and some demo dishes. Everything looked so red and dangerous.

"Nothing new. Two people fought till their knuckles bled and now they are in the infirmary getting their injuries taken care of. Same old. I have sent Win to buy the supplies we will need." Mork replied, imagining anything to escape this situation.

Nan folded his sleeves and started placing the utensils over the wooden table while some Juniors helped him arrange vegetables. Anything but stay ideal and be the first to criticize her work, if they came out alive. 

The back of his pink shirt was damp with sweat, forming a huge patch. He wanted to wear something which was not black, so that he was not a black body radiation, but still have a darker shade to hide the image of patches over his back and chest. He hated the feeling of cloth sticking to his skin. It was a size small, overcoating his skin beneath without air to breath. And some Junior had insisted on taking his pictures and he wanted to tell them off because how could he look fine with this sweat and uncomfortable shirt. They still took some so nevermind. 

He had initially frowned at the pink shirt given to him. A blue or while one would do. Nan had laughed at his expression before pushing him inside the empty classroom to change from his white shirt. He didn't understand, he was not even the part of this stall. He had a emergency clinical stall to run. Thier stall wasn't even related to valentine's day, but he supposes the slogan on their stall-'Win prizes for someone you like' was enough excuse to torment him. 

One hour in and the top half of his shirt was filled with stickers. Some falling off or slipping away due to the wetness. Because Og course students would be roaming around sticking stickers to everyone they saw out of fun.

What even is this day? Teddy day, Rose day, perfume day? He had no knowledge of any Valentine's week even existing when he was in high school.

He doesn't care. He had many of these by Juniors and some Seniors and some unhealthy number of confessions. Most of them weren't love confessions but admiration letter and thankfully no asking out in one letter or calling him somewhere to confess. They knew he wouldn't show up and so they didn't bother. 

One usual Monday's, the most dreadful day of the week to most students had morning classes to attended and a long week to survive. In general, many looked like they have rolled out of bed with caffeine pumping in their vein and barely conceded eyebags. 

But since today was special, people have put a lot of effort in their appearance. Girls looked extra cute, not that they didn't on any other day. But the female population had something different he couldn't pinpoint. The long-lashed fluttering, face painted with a glittering shine and voice dripping with honey. He didn't want to know more, just stay away from the drama as much as possible.

But when did he ever have a choice?

"So, what are we going to do with her then?" He even felt pity for the ingredients, the very much dead and non-living things they will eat as he eyed Bam moving around. The broccoli, cabbage, radish, Tofu, all awaiting. The Meatball sticks being dipped in bubbling red and thick sauce. If the soup turned redder, it would be filled with only chili sauce, overpowering other ingredients added. People around her were scared, the terrifying color was crisp red.

Mork had shuddered thinking about the one time she had cooked chili soup for them. Nan felt the same the way he exchanged looks. The red color reminding them of what they had suffered from terror. It was actually a normal soup, but God was it spicy. Their tongues burned, face red, and body sweaty. They will never be man enough to admit but they had literally cried. Oh! One more spoon and it was the end.

'You call it a near-death experience; I call it vibe check from God.' She had the audacity to smile. Her face said she was enjoying their torment more than normal. She knew what she was doing. Both had to use the washroom for quiet a while and Mork had known what his limits were that day. Sometimes he still randomly feels a shiver remembering the burn inside his stomach.

"I have no idea, but I will not participate at any cost. We have to make sure it is finished by the time it reaches us." They both nodded at the nearly looking impossible suggestion Nan proposed.

The three helpers, the first-year'ers students have politely asked to have the rest cooked food. It was before they had any idea. Nan did feel a little bad but if he had to, then he would shove everything to them and run away.

They could feel the spiciness by a single whiff that teared them, some even choked walking away to save their lives. The stalls by either side were selling something sweet but none of them dared to approach this one.

The number of customers they would gain after visiting Bam's stall was already pictured. People are going to be baptized and cleansed after this. Mork regrets not opening a Desser stall right in front of her's. 

Eating such thing in this hot weather was a death wish. Who would even dare accept the challenge?
Was the price even worthy?

He eyes the vending machine nearby making sure they have enough cold water, sweet snacks, and drinks.

It was going to be a deadly war if someone was even up for the challenge. Because if they don't, the leftover was for the volunteers to finish. And Mork was not sure if they could survive.

"I don't even know why the fuss about this challenge. We could've earned so much more by making something 'normal' and bearing."

It was like a sporting challenge to her. A fun announcement about anyone who could finish the right amount and win a prize.

Mork would likely to imagine someone doing the unfathomable. Someone actually winning the completion and impressing Bam. She was hard to like by people and vice versa. It would be such incredible scenery.

Exciting, but why? Who would want to ruin their day? Not like they had a say in it, whatever the lady wants, she was in charge after all.

Nan couldn't cook to save his life and Mork was assigned to help his Seniors in the little Medical camp so he couldn't help much. He did have plans, but he wonders what would've happened if he uttered what she wanted was absurd.

"Have you placed the boards in the hallway for them to navigate?" Mork asked Nan.

So that they could easily locate where to go and not get lost. Mork would ask everything, at last, to check nothing was mistaken, forgotten, or left out. He was in charge with some other seniors of making sure arrangements were done perfectly.

"Yes Sir, now relax and enjoy and take it easy." It was sarcastic since it is not going to be easy or better from here.

"They seem so excited to be mentors, it feels like they are picking up Christmas gifts."
Nan saw some of his friends talking to the freshmen group of girls, whistling when one received a lab coat already. More like picking up Juniors who they could command and order around.

How foolish these sweet little innocent kids were. They thought all the dramas, T.V shows, and movies were real. They were the most absurd and foul knowledge about Uni-life. It was not even five percent of the truth.

He saw a third-year Engineering student pinning his name tag to another Junior who stood shyly ducking his head. Oh! It has already started. How fun, Nan thought sarcastically. Like claiming in some Omegaverse fanfiction of Harry Potter he had read on some website by mistake. If he could blur out his surrounding a little bit, it was a familiar scene from a drama Bam had dragged him to watch ones. All high school dramas she made him watch with her on her monthly menstruation. He had secretly cringed at each one of them. 

"I don't even want to participate. Let's just get our work done." Mork rolled his eyes not wanting to witness it further. The Freshmen never knew what was coming their way, do they? He took a seat and roamed his eyes.

He never understood what the reason for them was to have this tradition go on for long. It did not feel right in his opinion, but he has no say in it since the medical faculty was more involved in it right after Engineering.

The Seniors of Medical, Architecture, and Engineering faculty would share their Lab coats for a day or Red/Blue Shirts to anyone of the Freshies and make it clear who their Guardian is going to be in the upcoming year.

It was to declare that Junior already has a mentor and no one else could pick them. It was more like claiming someone like a pet who would listen to you, whom you could push around and command.

Senior-Junior relation was anything but showing off their territory or dominance, toxicity.

It should be more respectful. Both should be respected and have boundaries. There should be a mutual advantage. Not harassed or bullied because of the age gap or year difference. Because that happens lot. Upperclassmen fighting over trivial of things.

It was initially a sign of respect and honor and not much of a big deal until Dr.Thana, a Senior Medical Faculty in his Third year proposed to a Junior, N'Wayo, an art student. He offered Wayo his white coat in the middle of the campus announcing his love, declaring it in front of everyone.

His proposal was accepted with a smile. People went crazy over the simple gesture, sharing it in whatever way they could.

How hypocritic he sounds when this was all started by an oblivious Medical Senior who was respected and admired. The reason why leading Medical faculty had this ritual everyone had to commit.

That is how trends start. A small thing gets a lot more attention than required before people follow it blindly.

It was not P'Thana's mistake either. He was just doing what he wanted to for someone he had liked. May it be declaring his profound fondness for a boy openly. It was the people who made a big accord out of it.

It took a drastic turn from there, hormonal people glorifying something so disarrayed. From then on, it has become a great subject of interest who was going to be the Guardian of someone.
A crazy fantasy they have created to the word 'claim', like some sort of property. 

Some provoke others to commandeer whichever person they like by offering their Engineering gear, faculty shirts, or personal item. There was no option for consent if a Senior offers it to a Junior.

And it was no secret that many come to see it as a sporting game. It leads to a lot of drama and clashes each year. A formation of a love triangle, fighting over a single person and one of them getting rejected, jealousy, showing-off, cheating, lies.

Entertainment aside for gossipers, it was wrong. But since it's a part of their tradition that needs to be followed, Mork, Nan, or anyone has no say in it.

As this was February, Valentine's week, the event itself was more engaging.

Attendees were looking for more than mentors/mentees this year and it was a sight to see. Mork had to rapidly blink his eyes when he first took in the sight. The amount of people looking like they came out of a Paris Hilton fashion show, well groomed and charming. Most of them had a homeless and exhausted look if was any other time. How had the Uni really allowed this? Were they all drunk?

All this commination had a reason, the ritual had gained more popularity as of this year due to a series of event. Maybe they were high because this never happened. They mostly weren't allowed to celebrate much aside from religious or cultural festival since their ex-chancellor retired.

Nan had shown him the viral video of P 'Tharn a few weeks ago, Famous song writer and Producer in the current timeline, Mork had liked some of his songs, who became popular recently asking a Professor of their Science faculty for his hand by offering him his precious drumsticks and a short speech to confess. Said person being their current anatomy Professor P'Type whose identity should've been protected better. People went crazy for it. Now thriving to become the top three best-known singers to produce the most-viewed albums in Thailand. How could it be not all over news channels and headlines. 

P'Thara had been a Music major at BNU years ago, but noticing how prestige this Uni was, most famous faces of the future graduated from here. 

It had been a few years since the video was taken, the short clip was old, older then when the music major became famous. Looking at the ring and a banner behind them writing- '7 YEARS TOGETHER' was reuploaded a short memory. The proposal was of marriage, people presumed.

Not many saw the original clip or even knew about it since it had happened outside the campus. And the Music major was still a rookie, not renowned among many. So, it was edited and shared again. The false version claiming they were married way earlier when P'Tharn must be a student. After taking down many articles and releasing a statement regarding the truth, due to some people the issue became bigger.

It could've been subdued and handled properly. But the outburst with N'Wayo and P'Thana made it popular again. Many shared it with great appeasement, not thinking of the consequences. The original clip had been deleted but the edited one made its way out by outlandish fans. Not believing the Young CEO and famed artist was engaged and married to a man who worked in BNU, it broke some unaware fan's heart and exploded fueling the fire.

Since both had belonged to the same Uni, people speculated they should've been in a relationship while Professor Type was teaching and P'Tharn was still a student. Some kind of 'Forbidden love' relationship by speculations to fill their fantasies. Something about crossing the line and living wild, 'love is love'. A relationship between a student and teacher, not caring what impact in could have in reality.

This was absurd since they had graduated ages ago and were living a happy life, made clear after the investigation. The false video going viral held no truth and whoever did it will be held accountable. Proff. Type was an intern under a Program at the University when he met Tharn. Before the truth was revealed, many questions were asked, and it took a serious turn when Professor Type was questioned about his personal life that happened years ago.

Because the professor and his husband were studying at the same Uni where both had graduated from, the matter was related to each other. Events were turned upsides down in theories and posted on the internet without a thought to spice it up. He was almost about to lose his job. It would've been really a waste for such a reputed and eminent person filled with devotion to be fired.

That was when P 'Tharn came to the rescue. The now well-known and famous music composer on the top charts of the country visited the office and the very next moment, matters were settled quickly after. Brushed under the rug.

Hushed rumors had it that he threatened to charge the authorities if false articles were not taken down ans withdraw from the suspension of Professor Type. Ordering they release a statement about what was true and apologize for their prolonged silence about this matter. And punish those who circulated the clip without their permissions in such large scale with false theories.

This could've been enough, only it didn't. Some opened their mouth to speak about how the first one to start the ritual had such a loving and lasting relationship, crossing the cursed seventh year considered as a bad luck. Sharing their sacred item or object of pride with their loved ones was believed to keep their love preserved for long.

And the second one was still going strong in their eyes, the ThanaWayo couple. That's how it all started, people believing in such bullshit with more vigor.

P'Tharn was already out of the University and graduated long ago with flying colors so the relationship was not bizarre or unacceptable.

It was the private life of two grown-up individuals who crossed their legal age and did the proposal outside the campus in their right minds. Keeping their personal and private life separate and professional. The clip was taken from their Facebook account which was an invasion of privacy.

Mork had known from his close Senior that one of the professors teaching Professor P 'Type was a disgusted homophobe, he had a major hand in spreading the rumors and using the clip as bait. Major complaints about him discrimination between the LGBT+ were present. How he was sometimes hears using degrading slangs and referred to them in a bad manner. Saying goes as far as believing he paid people to spread rumors.

Some assumed he must've seen the couple together since they have been sweethearts even before they knew they liked each other in their years. There is a long and messy history to it, involving a lot of fights, arguments, and accusations.

The Senior Professor had planned to introduce P'Tharn to his own daughter, but she ended up getting rejected as politely as he could manage. That unsettled him and hurt his ego that his daughter was thrown away for a man. Therefore, the childish revenge for which he was instantly fired. There were spicier gossip then he could possibly imagine. However what amount is the truth remains uncertain. 

Mork had remembered his grandmother saying once that-'Nothing is more fragile than a man's ego. If they know when to step back and let go, they can conquer the world.'

People still talked but it was none of his business.

He was lucky enough to already have a Mentor who opposed the idea of it and never did something so ridiculous to Mork, or Nan. P'Pok was someone Mork and Nan had known for a long time, respectable. He took both of them under his wings, and still is in his Fifth Year. He is an easy going but strict Senior who took good care of him and helped him in his studies. Mostly sharing his notes and making them aware of what's to come in semester exams. 

At that time, the ritual was not famous, not even known much.

Neither was he so famous at that time, hence his sophomore and half of first year went peaceful. That was he time when this who ordeal started. 

In his first year, he had taken Hwahwa, her cousin under his wings by request, who had attended the Uni for a whole year before moving to France with his boyfriend Day on scholarship. He was close to her and they hung out at family event and parties who judged people together as a duo and never tried engaging them in conversations with others.

N'Day knew Mork well from some distant familiar relations, that is how his dear cousin Hwa met him in the first place. And trusted only him with his girlfriend while he managed his father's inherited business in France while Hwa waited for scholarship till they could be together.

Now that she was gone, he needed to have a mentee. No objections.

These Juniors, Mork looked around, however, will have to have a mentor, with their head in their arse. So that they are accepted in the community and not treated as an outcast.

Not like anybody can force Mork into doing something without his will, he always manages his way out. But when it comes to traditions, it was entirely different.
It's not just about the rules but the students following them with respect and being accepted in the community. It was about following in their footsteps.

And besides, he was already out of his sophomore year so Mork had a choice to not accept something like this even if people tried. Not like many did and got accepted. 

He was not close to anyone other than Bam and Nan. Since he was in Second year, he had the choice to reject the offer. 

Keeping in mind the Seniors in their third or fourth year take it very seriously. And Mork is not one to take drama on his way. Someone who is well known and famous.

"So, are you going to participate or not. I don't think a popular guy like you will be left out. They are so going to force you into this. Hwa Hwa is already gone. You will need someone to mentor." Nan said. Getting picked up by a mentor was absolutely necessary, more of a tradition and less of helping new people adjust and learn in his eyes. And providing help to a new high school graduated was the only reason he was still doing this.

Because those who were not accepted by any of the Seniors were told to be outsiders. Not accepted by others easily can make their life difficult. And made fun of in the name of 'not being liked or interesting enough'. Though looking at the proportion, no one should be left out, he hoped.

Mork shrugged not giving him a clear answer.

"Maybe I will find someone cute then." Nan looks at him teasingly and then they both are on their feet helping a glaring Bam who has been working under the hot sun burning daggers at them. She gets pent up in the summer seasons and it was reasonable for her too.

The humid climate of Bangkok with the hot sun dehydrating you was not an ideal situation to work with frying snacks of death in a fire.

God knows how she had so many stickers, yellow, red, and even pink on her shirt by her Juniors in this valentine's month. To both her friends, she was scary and wary all the time. Who would consider such a crazy woman her crush? No doubt she had the looks, but still safety comes first.

Her locker was filled with chocolates and roses. The majority of them were girls. They have their fair share of experience in this.
The pleasant scent of perfume, beautiful handwriting, and thoughtful words they had peeked at.
They had glimpsed at a few before she shoved them away saying it was private.

Not like anyone had the courage to ask what was written and how different it was compared to confess to a boy. Angry women are scary as hell. Especially if they have a high tolerance for spices.

∻⚜∻

Pi roamed his eyes around, adjusting his glasses nervously from time to time just to occupy his hands with something if not fiddling. He shyly glanced up front and ducked it back when someone mistakenly met his line of vision. 

He felt out of place and so alone, like he forgot how to function among humans. He felt worried if he was standing fine or looked too awkward in his own body, which he felt. That's what no frequent interaction and being a hoarder who stays indoors most weeks does to a person. 

No idea from where to begin and where to stand, not look like what he was feeling. To blend himself in. Walking and observing various mouthwatering delicacies but not approaching because of the crowd. He could've been accompanied if not for the announcement about the date being pre-pone, hence the one person supposed to be here with him was busy. Busy spending his last days of holidays with his Grandparents. It was kind of envious.

This was actually going to happen in March but now it was happening pre-planned according to the Government's official order. Maybe to extend the counseling time for high school graduates in more Universities and settle for better after several petitions being signed. That was not something he will have to worry about anymore.

He was still living in the bliss of being enrolled into BNU. Like a dream come true. 

Pi was not ready no matter how much he prepared, nobody is without a little bit of nervousness and excitement to start a new stage of their lives. In his case, a lot of nervousness. It was a second big change for him after he had started living alone for half a year by now. Still not used to the emptiness after living with P'Meen and Duean for a long time in the small apartment back home. Too used to their presence.

It all felt like rushing to start his college life whenjust a year and a half ago he had been out of high school. Clueless and unsure of his future plans, doubts and stressed about second options in a competitive field. 

It was not hard to make it through with determination, but that doesn't mean it wasn't difficult. 

Staying home all the time to prepare for his Entrance exam was tiring and hard. He almost forgot what civilization felt like. It had been his own little world within the four walls. A change was better than going back to his normal routine of waking up when the sun was way above his head, going to bed past two, and eating junk. Revising and learning till his eyes burned and his head hurt. Till his skull felt like splitting and neck stiffened.

It felt good to be leaving that life behind, even for a while. 

Someone was going to tag along with him but canceled at the last moment. He will deal with that traitor some other time.

For now, he still could not believe his hard work paid off, and Pi was accepted into one of the most prestigious Universities he had dreamt about. It was a moment of pride when he first revealed it to his brother. Hands nervously hovering over the keyboard, too anxious for the EE results. He wouldn't stop shaking just thinking of waiting an entire year more if his score wasn't up to expectations. 

P'Meen broke into 'happy tears' while clutching him in a tight grasp, and Duean was so proud, his eyes were gleaming. He still remember the look, it was unforgettable. He felt exactly what a child would feel if he knew his dad was proud of him. 

He understood the sentiments behind the red-rimmed eyes Duean tried to hide despite denying he was emotional. It was a little funny seeing him trying to hold back tears. Appearing as if it wasn't a big deal for him. When both had suffered his mood swings where he locked himself in his room, sudden burst of sadness at random days filled with self-doubts and his anxious self a week before result announcement.

After all, he had worked his a$$ off, crying sometimes due to frustration and going back to long hours studying despite headaches, tired eyes, and sore muscles. Giving up on Animies, web-series and so many movies, all the long sacrifice. Surrounding himself with piles of notebooks till he was sure he could make it.

Pi knew P'Meen would be holding Duean in their bedroom at night while he sobbed. His hiccups muffled by the closed door while Pi slept. He took pride in his younger brother; Pi knew it well.  Duean rarely cried, because he was taught men who cried were weak. It had taken a while for the latter to reveal his true emotions, and Pi had faced his own difficulties due to the rough past they both had suffered. Time heals but it heals slowly, and healing does not mean going back to how we were. It can sometimes mean living with a visible scar. That reminded us of what caused it. Being too cautious to make the same mistakes again. 

Duean never got to complete his studies, dropped out in his third year due to their financial condition, and took care of him instead to support the falling circumstances. It was hard to make it through without a degree and survive in a city where people with more qualifications were looking for jobs. Who were considered much better, had job experiences.

When Pi learned about this, he was of course upset, filled with his teen hormonal rage, though there wasn't much that could be done. Hense, he made sure to show his brother that the sacrifice paid off well.

And the new laptop he was gifted the very next week assured him he did a pretty nice job. Not the secondhand laptop that hung up at odd times he had been using for a while. 

It was the first gift he ever got from his brother that he tried using for as long as he can. Old and problematic but still a delight for him. Simply because Duean was happy Pi had scored so well in his grade school. His face had been beaming. It was still in his closet, safely in the drawer because he couldn't throw it away so easily. 

Some things may be useless to others' eyes but they hold so many moments and stories to you.

Only he had an idea the one month after his exam when the results were about to be announced. He couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't stay still. His state had been much worse than a week before the exam.

He roams around eyeing each stall, offering an awkward smile to those who smiled his way. After being offered the times from stalls, he moved away feeling too bad about declining.

He may feel bloated if he ate too much in such a hot weather. He will have to gather in the faculty in thirty minutes.

Not to mind he is going to be a student from today onwards. He couldn't believe he made it so far. There is more on his way, but completing his journey this far just seems so magical.

His eyes take him to the Spicy Meatball sticks selling in one of the stalls, and he felt his stomach growling. Pi cannot deny now that he had eyed many snacks and food, people devouring them with delight, he felt hungry.

He had a light breakfast and woke up late due to the excitement that did not let him sleep till late at night. Fruits worked fine in the hot weather, but he is, kind of hungry. Maybe a chilled can of soda and some crispy sticks will help. He still has enough time in his hands.

He approached the stall with hands intertwined eyeing what he would prefer. Pi was sure he looked like a kid.

"Do you need some snacks Nong?" The Senior in the stall asked with a polite smile.

"Khab P', five of them and a can of sprite. Some vegetables, less meat. I don't want anything too spicy either." He said shily, eyes darting between different bowls of vegetables and meat. Some mala sticks placed on the table while crispy nuggets being was being fried in the hot oil.

Soon he was sitting on a bench under a makeshift shed eating his hunger away and taking gulps of his drink like no one existed. Food has always been a welcoming distraction anytime. There was some announcement going on of some kissing booth and it did not amaze him.

He had heard of tales like them from a week of continuous stories narrated by his brother reminiscing the past. Laughing at the silly stories till his stomach hurt, to not believing the shenanigans his uptight brother and his friends could pull. He had never seen his brother so fond of a bunch of people from his university days because they were never mentioned. Dropping out of a bright future, though his brother had completed his degree soon enough alongside his work, was a painful memory. It was a speculation that the friend group went through something and the friendship broke. Duean rarely talked about the topic, so Pi never mentioned. 

Therefore, he had listened attentively to every word his brother spoke, maybe because he got emotional see Pi going to a university of his dreams. Meen had joined in and held Duean's hand in a silent encouragement. They chatted for a while before going to bed. But not before Duean had slipped inside his office and closed the door. Probably to look at the picture he hid in his drawer when he missed his friends. Meen and Pi pretended to never see that even after knowing some tears will be shed while reminiscing before those memories will be locked away again. 

He had fun listening to his brother laughing and revealing stories they did not frequently talk about.

They never shared much about Duean's past since he was not happy according to Duean. He rarely shared his adventures with Pi, either not enough time or not enough to share.

So when he got the chance, he listened intently. About all the shenanigans he did with his group. Pi did hear some of the familiar names, some were still in contact. he had heard Duean laughing and talking from time to time. But most were foreign.

Pi was surprised by how popular Duean was in his days. Never believing he had made some troubles. It was hard to picture his elder brother in that image. They had giggled and laughed way past bedtime.

Pi saw the fond smile still lingering over Duean's lips when he talked, as if it was yesterday. He could see the shine when he looked at his brother narrating tales like he had missed those days.

He never mentioned it, but Pi knew something happened to their group as time passed. A huge fight before Duean dropped out. Meen said not to talk much about it, so Pi never did.

He saw his brother distant and silent for quite a few days. Hear some sniffling behind closed doors when Meen visited. Never asked a question but felt the tension and sadness oozing out of his eyes.

From then on, something in him changed. He was not as cheerful and happy as he showcased.

Duean would spend his night on birthdays after the part locked inside his office, drinking. The next day, he would skip work and visit someplace. Pi doesn't know, he never asked. Meen said it made his brother feel better to spend a day alone, so he was fine.

But the gloomy mood hanging over Duean's eyes for a week made him understand it must be somewhere they used to hang out. Remembering the fond memories and grieving over their parting.

Pi had once sneaked inside his office to see a picture frame he had never noticed before in the house. His brother along with four more people. All the same with the skinny teen boy, a mischief by just the way they posed funnily, long limbs wrapped around each other's shoulders. 

They were all standing side by side, hands over each other's shoulders, grinning wildly. Pi hardly got to witness that smile. They were rare, only P'Meen frequently got that out. Most of those smiles contained immense love and affection that turned his stomach seeing them shooting heart eyes. Those people must really mean more to him.

Pi was brought out of his thoughts soon enough.

Someone took a seat beside him; he felt the warmness even under the pouring afternoon light. Pi's shoulder tensed and he glimpsed at the person sitting and scrolling through his phone from the corner of his eyes.

That person turns as soon as Pi started examining the sharp features. With a sharper jawline, and slender nose. He would've screeched and ran away like a maniac for being caught off guard so suddenly if it was not for the knowing face. He forgot how his heart jumped when people randomly made eye contact with him. He even got his head down while buying groceries, eyes casted low when paying the cashier. Most delivery take outs were quick with no interaction. 

Pi widens his eyes recognizing the handsome and overly attractive face all too well.

After all, he was a little push behind Pi choosing to be a Dentist and taking a little courage to follow his heart.

"P'Nan?" Pi softly muttered. He tilted his head and smiled slightly. If anyone could describe the utter gleam on his face, it would be like a child seeing his favorite toy after a long time.

Nan looked at his face and was fairly surprised by the smile because all of insides felt glum. He thinks he knew this face from somewhere but shaking his memory did not benefit him. It was strange since he rarely met people and felt like they have known each other from a long time.

Like an odd feeling. When you have a recollection of something important but couldn't pinpoint it because a significant amount of time had passed. He tried again, though failed.

Or maybe it was the distant fuzziness of his brain that held him from retracing those lingering memories. Honestly, if someone he met a week ago was right in front of him, it would take him a while to figure out who they were. And he was good with names and faces. Praised for it even. 

Maybe he was just a Junior who knew him, a fan maybe. He encountered such situations many times. He shook the odd feeling and sense of familiarity.

"Nong, are you one of the freshmen?"

Pi nodded with that same nostalgic smile Nan had seen somewhere important. Now he really needed to know what the matter was.

"Yes, P'. I am a Dentistry student. Do you really not remember me?" The voice was doubtful.

Nan shook his head and almost cooed at the small frown of disappointment on the latter's face. It looked like he was dejected, the little light visible dissipated in his sparkling eyes. The bright smile was now gone.
Nan felt guilty for some reason. Have they met before? Should he know this person? 

But people have played the-'Long time no see'- card to him many times. Either they were lying or had bumped by accident, not something worth mentioning. 

"I don't blame you. It was long ago. We met three years ago, it was raining. And out of no where you gave me a ride to the bus stop with an umbrella. I think nobody would remember that though."

Pi giggled in embarrassment at bringing up such a long-ago event out of nowhere like a creep. It must be important to him but not to the Senior. He should've kept his mouth shut, Pi thinks as he rubbed the back of his head.

Nan nodded filtering his memory just to try and then, an incident flashed through his mind, surprisingly clear. It was almost two years ago when he met a boy on random day, not a weekend, that much he remembers because he had taken his car to skip his morning classes. 

If he roams his eyes around Pi, his black-rimmed glasses, the braces, that hesitant and usure smile. Ah! Nan widened his eyes as realization flashed before his eyes. 

It was an eventful day he would much rather not talk about. And someone made him feel better that day. Someone he didn't know, a total stranger. They had a small talk because when he reached the entrance of the building, Mork had somehow texted him to come to the back entrance instead of the front one. Specifically told him to but he was already at the front entrance by the time he looked at it. Followed by the text that it would take Mork thirty minutes more because something came up. 

It was weird so he just stood at the entrance, confused by why Mork would want him to enter from the back. Then he had heard the boy muttering worriedly by himself of how he will be late and there is nothing to do but run in the rain to catch the last bus. 

Nan had been in that situation, the only relief being he got a driver one call away whenever and wherever. So, he had helped the student, then a bit reluctant to enter a stranger's car and did only because Nan had his charms even back then. 

That person is the one sitting right beside him? He looks so grown up! But the resemblance was a bit uncanny. He couldn't believe what a turn of fate it was. Extraordinarily startling for Nan. What could be the odds? By the way Pi was dressed in his University Uniform, he must be a freshman. 

"Ah... I remember now. You have grown up a bit. And you have braces. They look cute on you. I was worried about how you going to be a dentist with those dis-organized ones, no offense though." He chuckled seeing Pi subconsciously closing his lips. He still remembered making small talks to make Pi comfortable in his car who looked like he would open the car door and shove himself out the running vehicle any minute. It was a genuine reaction to accepting a car ride from a stranger.  

Then Pi had said he would gladly have braces to get his teeth fixed because he wanted to pursue his career in dentistry. Nan had instinctually looked at his mouth and Pi and smiled sheepishly looking way. Muttering how braces could fix them but wasn't ready after reading and listening to people who had it difficult managing them. 

Nan could imagine going to a dentist to get a routine check and running out the moment he saw the doctor's teeth similar to Pi of the past. Not to sound like a rude jerk but it's their profession, and the way to describe Pi's teeth that time was-front teeth had a small gap, and the canines were overlapping the incisors too much on both sides. Even on the lower jaw. Nan did think the boy with chubby cheeks and a soft face with round eyes looked cute in his own way. But it might be a problem in the future. 

Nan was pulled out of his thoughts as someone in the distance started shouting. But he wasn't worried, it was most likely some victim Bam had managed to persuade to try her challenge. Just like she had done to him. They will run out of diarrhea tablets and syrups at this point. 

He smiled kindly at Pi who flashed his teeth in return. Which were great by now. He couldn't wait to tell Mork and Bam about this. If he gets a chance to escape her food or survive it, he will tell them about this random event for sure. 

Nan's attention was caught on something else just as Pi looked over his shoulder worriedly at the commotion. Most likely someone on rampage to find cold drink or water to sooth their burning throats and scarred souls. 

The corner of Pi's lips had some crumbles and despite the untidiness. Should he tell the boy to clean it? He wondered. Nan can't talk like that, it was distracting.

"You finally made it really. What a coincidence. And that too in my Uni. Talk about coincidences. That day, you told me you wanted to be a dentist. You really did it Pi." He said instead. It was going too quiet between them, and before Pi could even mention what was happening to remind him of his most dreaded awaiting fate again, he continued. Any distraction was welcomed for now. 

Pi smiled at him proudly, eyes back on his face, happy that the Senior didn't forget him entirely. The commotion happening in the distance was forgotten for now. It would be a little heartbreaking if he did forget. Pi was truly thankful for the Senior for his unknown empathy towards him. He felt relieved.

"Khab P'Nan. I had the entrance exam, and it was surprising how I even made it. I actually had no idea I would even want to go in this career path for a long time. I would always think..." But Nan just couldn't focus no matter what. He was looking at Pi, but his vision would get blurred, just like when people zone out. He just had to get a call from home to join Dinner tonight.

 He was thankful for Pi to look away shily while talking because Nan preferred looking others in the eyes while having a conversation most time. He not only listened to words but observed their emotions, read everything about them. A habit of his. He did this to everyone, actually everyone but his father. 

But he was glad for Pi to be staring ahead. Because it won't be appreciative of him to stare blankly at Pi's lips (or more like chin?), the last spot he was staring at before he got lost in thought so his eyes might've not shifted somewhere else. He didn't want to feel uncomfortable. 

Nan did this every time he got a call from home, specifically dinners. His eye would focus too much on one stop and his face would turn completely blank as if he shut down, he knows because his friends told him many times. But in reality, his vision would block everything so that his mind could run miles. Play flashbacks of last time's dinner for the sake of spiking his nerves. Echo words loud in his ears as he would feel detached from reality. And be on the edge until he was sitting on the chair at the dining table with his father. 

His stomach felt like churning, all the soda drinks rising up his esophagus. The heat was making it harder. He had greedily engaged in conversation with Pi just to spiral again. Because he knew if he got up from this bench after making excuses, he would be crouching in a cubicle try to throw up. 

It never changes, nothing changes. 

It was always the dinner, because no one had breakfast together and none had lunch at home. So, they ruined his dinner. He thought he could skip it after he started living in a condo separately. But now they were more horrible. Because not being in the house meant not knowing what could happen, and the anticipation of being thrown with anything was nerve wreaking. 

Nan always wanted to eat a good meal at night to not wake up later for an unhealthy midnight snack. He was trying to quit that habit for a long time. 

How did his parents even know he was doing something for himself. May it be as trivial as quitting a habit for snacks and ruin it. Just how? 

A loud hooting form a group of students most probably snapped him out of his thoughts. He was thankfully not too deep. He blinked his eyes rapidly, coming back to reality.

"And then I remembered what you....." Pi was looking ahead while still talking, thankfully. Nan needed to focus on a random person or object, quick. Something that is moving and not still. Because it will make him zone out again. 

Just then Nan's eyes fall upon a figure when he looked over Pi's lowered head. The latter was looking at his lap, still talking, might not be a person who makes frequent eye contact while talking. The figure was leaning on one of the empty tables while someone was being treated in the medical camp. 

It was Mork. And he wasn't staring at Nan but rather Pi who was now narrating how he chose to be a med. student after the talk. He can vaguely hear himself being mentioned but his hearing wasn't back yet. 

Nan should be listening to the story since he could made out the words that he was one of the reasons behind Pi choosing to go after his dreams. Which was a great honor. But he just couldn't for now. Because that day was also a dinner day. And one of the most horrible ones. He generally doesn't pick favorites out of all, but that night was one of those which still makes him feel sick. 

He had been dreading every call he gets from his mother. Because no one would bother calling him, just expect him to be there sharp at eight. And the reminder of when he first met Pi on that rainy day had its effects. Making him remember what happened that night. 

People find it happy when they get calls from their homes, their place of comfort and love. When soft and worried voice asks about their day, how it was going, and have they eaten yet. He sighed internally when Mork met his eyes, trying not show any sign of distress on his face. He was used to it, after all, pretending.

He knew his friends would immediately know whenever he got that call. They said there was something about his eyes and the way he would feel tensed, nothing like himself, that made it clear. So, he tries his best to make it unnoticeable evetime. And fails miserably. 

'Nan, stop wasting your energy trying to hide it. We are your friends. We won't ask. Remember the rule of our friendship?'

Nan may not appreciate them more than he does, because they deserve it. But he will always be thankful to have them. Because them being in his life, and never asking questions was a blessing. He doesn't know how they did that, make him so welcomed and included. He just couldn't picture this emotion, but he was grateful. 

Mork gave him a meaningful look, smiling slightly as if he could tell what was going inside his mind somehow. The face he made when Nan felt too tired when he wanted to just give up. The face of understanding, the kindness that held no pity or empathy. Just complete understanding. 

His felt an itch in his throat, a burning behind his eyes when Mork saw the vulnerability inside him no matter how much he tried concealing his emotions. Even from a distance, someone met almost a few years ago saw everything the people who raised him didn't see or pretended not to.

The least expected person like Mork, who mostly kept to himself texted him more often than his own father or mother. Knew his inner turmoil and feelings, called him for meals when he knew Nan would not eat up on his own. 

Mork never reveals the weak or too vulnerable sides of himself. Reserved qin case of personal problems and the duo never persistent for him to open up forcefully. Because Bam knew he had reasons for it, and Nan knew what those reasons were. They have stayed with each other long enough to know. It would be only good if returned the favor of never asking questions. That was one of the ruled that created the foundation of their friendship. Never ask any questions. 

Nan had been his friend of four years, but they never saw him sharing something too private. It was not a bother, but he had the right to be curious. After all, Mork knew everything about him from his chaotic family to his worst mistakes in life. At some point, it did feel like Nan was oversharing. But it all changed after they got too tipsy one weekend. And that was the main reason their friendship changed for something better. It was a story for another time.

He gave Mork a small smile of his own before he looked at Pi when the boy returned from his speech back to him. Pretending he was listening to all of it and hoping no questions were asked in his dazed state. Like the way people nod cluelessly when words fly above their head and dissimulate their cluelessness.

Mork had started walking towards them, most likely concerned after seeing his unsure smile, so Nan averted his gaze quickly which had traveled back to Mork when Pi was looking at him. Pi turned his head to follow Nan's eyes in wonder. 

Before Nan could say anyhting else, or make excuse that he saw someone, that someone being Mork, he froze instantly by the notification tone. it was his, someone had messaged him.

The knots in his stomach that seem to be untangling slowly tightened. He took a deep breath before reaching for his phone. Even if he didn't want to. 

Nan was too distracted by the short message vibrating inside his pocket to pay any further attention to Pi.

While he was checking his message, the calm smile on Mork's face switched to something else. His stared in disbelief at a face that was diverting his eyes everywhere. Walk halted midway as the Sophomore Senior stated at the figure sitting on the bench talking to Nan. 

Mork had seen the way Nan froze when he saw his caller ID. How his smile faded, and he excused himself. The little shine in his eyes disappearing. He much preferred Nan with that mischievous glint in his eyes that screamed trouble than these dull pairs. It made something inside him ache for his friend. 

He saw how Nan has tried to smile, and the other boy, most likely some Junior kept on talking while looking down. It was a bit confusion how Nan could have such a troubled expression on his face and no one notices. 

Mork had though it might be someone trying to bother his friend again. Someone from that stupid fan club, asking him questions, about his personal life. Some of his Juniors wanting to be with him all the time. They were annoying sometimes, following him and taking a seat next or close to him whenever they got the option. He had to force a polite smile and get away from those awkward situations. So, he was making his way to rescue. 

But when he saw the face glazing past him, it turned out to be a different story. His heart skipped, and an unconscious gasp escaped his lips. Has he ever believed on slow motion, no he didn't. But he was experiencing it right now.  And it was nothing like in the movies, nowhere near it. 

Mork could feel his breath quickening, his chest rising and falling. A few seconds when his vision blocked the boy because someone walked between them, but his gaze never wavered. 

Meanwhile Pi glanced in all directions, not knowing what P'Nan was staring at. He had no clue, someone, directly in his line of vision was staring back, frozen. The pair of eyes not wavering as people walked between them.

Pi looked back at Nan and waited with some food still at the corner of his lips. Nan tucked his phone back safely in and sighed, a strain in his breathing. He would have to excuse himself as the drinks won't stay inside for long. And he can't time it wrong and puke all over himself. He had to reach for a corner and lock himself in a few minutes. 

When Nan looked at Pi, big, doe eyes was staring back in confusion. With some bit of food crumbs still stuck to his lips. Nan was oddly reminded of his time when he used to be a kid. Learning to eat with a fork and a knife. Not knowing which utensil to keep in which had, was it left or right?

How he would be scrutinized under his father's gaze. Face heating up with embarrassment as he tried recalling all of it. 

Before he could think much of it, Nan was moving his hands forward slowly. He wiped the corner of Pi's lips. Mork's habit of cleanliness had rubbed over him, maybe. Especially proper eating habits he had learned as a disciplined and obedient child. 

He was taught to be in his best state and shape all the time. Too perfect, too mechanic, too good. Habits build since childhood are hard to leave. Especially if disobedience comes with consequences.

The closeness caught Pi off guarded. He widened his eyes more in shock at the unforeseen shift, rosiness covering his cheeks soon. How embarrassing. What must the Senior be thinking of him. 

Nan cannot deny it was adorable, even for a moment. Pi's whole face had turned red just by the little action. He looked like a deer caught in headlight.

Pi's shoulders tensed and he gawked at Nan at the sudden invasion of personal space. The warm hands under the hot sun made him feel burning all over.

What the hell? Pi screamed in his head. He was not used to people. When will he ever be? After leaving Chiang Mai for good, some bad things resurfaced in his life. Bad public interactions were one of a few. He stared ahead, not bother to look at the source of interruption.

He clenched the bench with his free hand, knuckles turning white. His brain hitched for a moment. He was not liking this closeness; it was too much to handle. He held no grudge against Nan, but everyone in general. Didn't like people he didn't know touching him.  

Before he could say anymore, a voice startled Pi from behind. It thankfully made the Senior lean back to his relief. He took a long gup of air, exhaling heavily. Griping the soda can in his hand tightly again after the hold loosened from the shock to make sure it didn't fall and splash on his pants. It would be too sticky and irritating. 

"What are you doing here? Bam is asking for you." Mork motioned with his eyes for Nan to walk away, not forgetting to give his friend for the much-needed space even in his shaken state. He knew Nan needed it; it was all over his face. He had started to hate those dinner calls along with Nan too, because knows what comes after that. 

A few days of not receiving his calls, the dark circled and tiredness hidden by light makeup, the spiraling before he got back to his usual self. It wasn't healthy at all. Bam could do so much, cooking something goof to lure him out of his room where he would stay locked and refuse to step out. 

For now, he needed to get away from the chaos ensuing far from his vision. He had left the food stall Bam was handling after the fourth victim. He just couldn't see it. It felt like watching an innocent get a death sentence while watching on the sideline, ready to dispose of the body. 

Nan almost smiled at the piercing eyes that bore through his soul. He knew Mork could no longer handle his position and sacrifice his inner peace. She could be a handful sometimes, only he could handle. 

Now Nan would welcome the distraction. The text message he read just now were full of aggregating words. Asking for help and some cold drinks that she was capable of taking by herself. Because chaos means effortless distraction which can take away his mind from the words, he has seen on the app. Hense it was welcomed with open arms. 

He also needed to head back and look at what the commotion was all about. Even save his Juniors who must be suffering against the ferocity of that crazed women. In his haste, he didn't notice the way Mork's eyes lingered on Pi who was sitting between them stiffly, not knowing what to do apart from sipping his canned snack. 

Nan left without much thought, waving at Pi who waved back enthusiastically, now out of his buzzing head. Feeling left out and a bit disappointed. While Mork tried to keep his breaths steady, trying to not stare too much. 

Pi did not pay attention to the Senior standing next to him. Unaware of the knowing eyes watching him with a small curve of their lips. Pi mostly expected the person to follow Nan.

Mork had no idea what to do or say now that they were left alone. He bit his lips troubled, looking around in search of any conversation starter. But it cannot help returning back to Pi, watching every single moment like a hawk.

"Do you like these?" Pi was startled that someone was asking him such a question in a modulated voice. Now that he noticed the baritone voice, it was soft and deep, surprisingly pleased to his ears.

He looked to his side with squinted eyes under the glaring sun and nodded. Alright, why was he standing and talking to Pi? Why is he the center of attention right now? He seems to be a Senior, was he not needed somewhere?

Mork moved closer, shielding Pi's eyes from the glaring sun that made it easier to look. But maintaining a safe distance. Although if it was for Pi's sake after noticing how tensed the latter got when Nan was touching him, or for him own sake, Mork wouldn't know.

 Pi couldn't deny that the Senior looked as good-looking as Nan. The outline of sunrays around his built body, face soft yet firm in a way, eagle-like eyes. He had tanned skin that was rarely appreciated, something people generally whitewashed either with makeup or by other means. 

 His hair looked good even for such a humid weather which was surprising since his own must look drenched in sweat and dishelmed.  He had applied a little hair gel but after running his hand through it numerous times instead of fixing his already fixed glasses, it must be a disaster by now. 

The Senior was wearing a pink shirt. Most of them were if not for the University Uniform. How can Pi forget the Valentine's month?

His throat felt dry for some reason, urging to take a long gulp of the chilled drink he had placed on the bench. It still had one-fourth portion left. Pi never had this brand before, but it was good. 

...

"Swat-Dee-Kah P'. I just wanted to eat something; the flavor suits my taste." He greeted with forced politeness, wishing for the man to walk away. Pi couldn't detect but his voice sounded a little wobbly. It took him a few seconds to recover and reply.

Pi was uncomfortable being approached so easily, not believing that it could be true. Because he thought he could feel people walking right past him. Right until now, P'Nan was the best looking in his eyes, and even remembered him. He wanted this person to turn around and let him breathe so that Pi could settle well with reality. It happened like that sometimes, when he needed the space to breath for no reason or little things that didn't matter. This is why he disliked socializing. His brain processed even slow sometimes. 

When he expected the one-sided conversation to be over, the latter took a seat right where Nan was. Now Pi will not be drinking anyhting when someone was watching him empty-handed. The relaxed shoulder had tensed some more.

Why does he feel like he was being watched, well, most likely because he could feel eyes on his cheeks, it was getting hotter. Pi swallowed thickly.

Should he introduce himself? But no one asked for it? 

Won't it be rude if he stayed quiet? Will the latter feel offended that he did not introduce himself? 

His brother had advised him offhandedly to introduce himself to every Senior politely because sometimes they could give Juniors a rough time for no reason on little actions considered disrespectful. Though Pi was not the one talking, they weren't even talking.

He must be overthinking. This bench does not belong to him, anyone could sit anywhere. Again, P'Nan knew this man, shouldn't Pi say anything? Or stay quiet so the latter would take a hint and scroll though their phone or something. 

He could feel a twist in his stomach, the free hand to his left was clenching the bench again, out of view of the Senior. Pi should take seep, slow breaths. 

Why was talking so complicated? Pi side-eyes him and then laughed awkwardly when he saw the latter already looking. The smile Duean says that makes him look like he wanted to cry instead and could scare away children.

Mork could feel the confusion and question written right on the latter's face along with nervousness. The awkward laugh and timid nod when they made eye contact made him feel funny inside.

He was good at reading people, and Mork took pride in it. He knew what a person was like in their first meeting. And this boy was full of conflicts inside his head right now.

Mork knew how grim he looked sometimes when he stared with his charcoal black eyes, people said sometimes it was unnerving. He had picked up this habit from Nan unconciously, the only difference being he did that only to a few people. People he wanted to know about, something/ someone he took interest in. 

He was reminded of the panicked eyes behind the counter of a boy who bumped his head, a silver ribbon hanging down his head. Only this time, it held more confusion than panic. The face as rounder and chubbier, baby-faces with chubby cheeks. Shorter and thinner. 

Cute. That was the first thought that had struck his head. His state of now was similar to that time, only this time he looked more collected from outside. 

"Which faculty are you in, Nong?" Mork looked around diverting his eyes before he could creep a smile of secrecy. Trying his best to look nonchalant and appear as if he was just curious and wanted to fill the silence. He shoved his hands in his pocket not to remove the crumbles of fried snacks from the corner of the latter's mouth. There was still some present.

It would be crossing the line if he did that out of nowhere no matter how much his finger twitched to do so. It isn't a K-drama or a BL series, the right to personal space shouldn't be violated so soon. And he isn't sure if his hands would be stable if Mork did do that. His nerves already felt on edge. He needed to take deep breaths and exhale useless thoughts out of his head.

Nan was too straightforward to save his life. Couldn't control some of his action without thoughts. Most of them were thoughtless, small physical gestures, but never out of line or uncomfortable. Mork doesn't think Nan had ever invaded or been creepy with his habit. he appeared affectionate sometimes to make people feel comfortable. Rather he was the one often being touched on the arms and shoulder uncomfortably. 

That's why people misunderstood Nan's actions to 'being interested' sometimes. Thinking they were treated so because the star of Allied Health Science faculty liked them in some way, that just accidental touched were a sign of 'making a move' like a highschooler. And his kind smile made people easily agree with whatever he went along with. Delusional people cannot be helped. 

Mork would never agree a weird feeling creeped up his chest when Nan leaned closer to this boy. Dismissing it as just his nerves instead. 

Pi interrupted his thought midway unknowingly. Thinking the Senior was waiting for introduction. 

"I am in the Dentistry department. Pi Pattawee." 

Why was he here, what were they even talking about, what was the purpose of his existence at this point, Pi asked himself. Should he announce that he didn't want to talk? But that would be rude. Should he walk away? That would be ruder.

Meanwhile, Mork bit back a smile, happy to be acknowledged. He full name was Pi Pattawee then. It felt finally good to know his full name.

Pi, Mork repeated the word inside his head a few times. The name suits him for some reason, although if he asks himself the next second why is that. There is no answer.

How many concurrencies could it be, him and Mork being in the same place, same University. 

After all the places they could be without knowing each other's presence, they were sitting side by side on a bench. Meeting like this again, so spontaneous. Fate really had a twisted way of playing.

Their faculties are conjoined, both from the Science department. Hense maybe frequent encounters in the future.

He felt people passing by, laughing and talking, but nothing mattered right now. Lapsing in the diffused sound of his surrounding, his heart itching to beat faster.

The sun was not surprisingly glaringly hot at this minute, his arm did not feel much tired. The sweat prickling at the back of his neck or the stickiness of his shirt isn't bothersome. Mork leaned back supporting his spine in a comfortable posture and stared around himself. An excitement bubbling in his chest somehow. 

He doesn't know why these feelings were exploding again. Maybe he was happy to see a familiar face after a long time? 

He almost forgot about the face, too long to remember much detail. But the memory was still there, hazy, foggy. And him sitting right next to Mork, the surreal feelings again felt like actuality.

He had forgotten about the boy since then. But right now, at this very moment, those feelings arose again. Just like the last time he saw the latter.

It was a rainy day; he could still remember the smell of petrichor. He could remember droplets hitting the floor, him taking lungful of the earthly smell caught in a daze. The rainy day that faintly sparkles in his memory. As if glimpses of the memory were playing inside his head, picture by picture.

"Did you bring your lab coat? They will be giving you a tour of the faculty soon." Mork almost shouted in surprise by his own statement.

He would've been dumbstruck if this was any other time, any other time when his mind felt clear and not hay with memories flooding in. He needed some cold soda and a shade, immediately. Heat waves were playing tricks on his mind. Maybe the heat stopped him from thinking of the consequences. Of lying on the first time, he had ultimately approached Pi.

The angel on his right shoulder glared at him to not do it. But the red devil on his left shoulder smirked with his trident held high. They had not made an appearance for quite a while. 

He had to do something before he recoils away again. Looming over this for more would do nothing good.

But was it really so bad? It was a tradition after all. If he will not do it, someone else will. 

There was this itch at the core of his chest again. Somewhere near the bottom of his stomach. Mork couldn't place it when he thought of will chose Pi as their Junior. 

Further some, he also had to be a mentor to someone who was not a stranger, whom he felt comfortable with. He would have to deal with less drama, and they have all the time in the world.

Maybe if he got to know Pi this time in actuality, fate had given him not a second, third but a fourth chance to fix it after all. They could be comfortable, be friends? And they could-

Again, what was he even thinking? Mork was just making sure Pi would not be with someone problematic. People could be a handful sometimes. And he had seen some Seniors treating their Juniors like shit. Mork doesn't want Pi to be treated like that. Not after what he saw the latter go through. No one deserved that. 

For some reason, imagining him in their place unnerved him. That was it, his only reason. Mork was helping, just making sure if Pi was in good hands. And he knows himself better than anyone else, so who could it be if not him?

Pi looked up in surprise, then at Mork wide-eyed. He did not have any lab coat. What is he going to do? Pi shook his head timidly with dejected shoulders. Oh! Mork could literally see the small starts in his eyes disappearing. Or maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him from the heatstroke. He doesn't believe in those shit like-'stars or universe on people's eyes.' Those are just reflections of light rays. 

"Follow me." 

And maybe there was something inside of him (his inner voice) telling him to stop. That it wasn't wrong. The tradition was something to be shamed and not to be followed. But his lips just won't move. Instead, he got up. 

Pi's face was a blank page as soon as the words left, with all his emotions written naked, so readable. Mork started walking before he could start staring at those eyes again. Pi tilted his head in confusion but got up nonetheless looking around. And this little had Mork's heart squeezing so suddenly, he nearly jumped a foot. He could feel a little panic rising in his chest that he tried suppressing with walking faster. Maybe if he outruns Pi, then latter would not follow him, and this could all stop. 

Pi standing behind him wondered who this Senior was talking to, it must be him, right? Cause there was no one else close to them.

Pi's feet slowly took him to where Mork was going, for some reason with long strides as if he would leap any moment, towards the now empty medical camp. Moving and avoiding people, eyes finding it hard to keep up with the brightness.

His hear couldn't help but race. Did he do something wrong? What is he going to do now? Pi would've teared up if not for Mork who disappeared inside the camp and immerged with a lab coat out of nowhere. 

Huh? Pi thought. Was he being provided a spare one-Oh!

It wasn't an extra one. It had a name tag, 'Sutthaya'. Whose was it. Pi looked at him in question. Mork could practically hear him asking the question with his face.

Mork extended his hand with hot cheeks for Pi to take the cloth. Nudging the coat further when Pi stared at it with frowned eyebrows. He clenched his jaw, degrading himself for how absurd all of it was. 

Can someone tap his shoulder and ask him what he was doing. Cause he swears to God if someone did, he will stop that instant. He just needs someone else to snap him out of it. 

Pi took it with hesitation and examined it. The Senior held a grim frown on his blank face, ears turning redder by the moment. It kind of scared him, and the clenched jaw was the worse. Didn't want to aggravate the Senior further. 

The more Mork looks at those clueless eyes, the more he would feel guilty for lying. Technically, if he didn't say a word, it wasn't considered a lie entirely. No, he wasn't lying, Mork denied thought it looked like he was telling it more to convince himself. 

Why did it sound more like a question of defenses? 

Mork pretended to observe his surroundings instead. Looking around in sheer desperation for literally anyhting. But he could hear his heart beating inside his chest so loudly, it was all in vain. 

"It's mine. But I am not wearing it because it's hot. It's mandatory for you to, so keep it. Return it to me when the tour ends." Pretending to appear unbothered, eyes wondering anywhere but meeting Pi.

Pi could see the Senior's, P'Sutthaya's, if he was correct, face turning red next, the faint red glow running along the length of his neck and spreading across his collarbone. 

He looked more out of breath even after the short walk. Must be the power walking. Though the individual looked fit, some who hits the gym every morning for a significant amount of time.

The weather must be too much for him to handle then. The day really was warm. Pi wiped his own forehead with the handkerchief he had inside his pocket. He squinted his eyes ones again, tilting his head upwards to look the Senior in the eyes who discreetly avoided it. It fell silent again. 

Pi was taught to say 'Thank You' and 'Sorry' always while looking in the eyes. It was the sincerest people will sound. Because eyes speak more than words, he remembers P'Meen saying with a distant look.

"Khapun-Khab P'. I will return it to you on time." Pi joined his hands, smiling gleefully at the nonetheless kindness the Senior had shown towards him. His face did heat up when the pair of eyes looking over his head, the Senior was almost a head taller, gazed his way at his words of gratitude.

"Take this with you." Mork extended his hand further, motioning with another hand to hand him a cap Pi had surprisingly not noticed. 

When Pi's thoughts were swirling in confusion, Mork finally gave up. A part of him still being buried deep wanted to snatch back that lab coat. But a sick part of him wanted to hide the truth from Pi. 

He had these moments in life. When his body does things without thinking, no control over his mind. And he does them while questioning why he was doing it. What was the purpose?

Like making another cup of coffee when he knew he should go to sleep next. When he wanted to accept his friend's invitation to hang out but instead succumbed to his thoughts and locked himself inside. When he knew he should feel open to share his feeling more often, the immediate emotions, instead of overanalyzing everything and putting them together rather than feeling them through his heart like his mother told him to. 

None of those ended well. And he knew this ending too.

Maybe he should tell Pi the truth finally. Yeah, it could only be right. He cannot hide it for long, somehow Pi would find out. 

Why not convince Pi then lie? 

Or maybe just warn him, tell him to wear it for a day just to be safe and then never do this again. To be cautious of accepting any lab coats. Tell him to stay near Bam's stall. 

But Nan was there too. What if his friend didn't like Pi's company? But they were talking right? He had seen Nan talking to Pi without much difficulty before he received the message. Normally, he would be up and out of sight. Does that mean Nan could tolerate Pi and not be tormented by the Junior's presence like the others?

It should be Pi's choice if wanted to let Mork be his upperclassmen. It should be a choice. 

Someone called Mork and he turned around to talk to his co-mate asking him a question while clutching a hand of a girl who had a grimace on her face. There were some minor burns on her skin. Telling him where the bottle of antiseptic was stalked, he turned back to Pi. A bit displeased by the interruption. Though feeling a bit guilt to abandon his co-partner and be of no help. He needs to get back soon; he had volunteered for it. 

Though when he turned, Pi was already walking away with his lab coat. The thought of it being worn by Pi did something weird to his inside again. His figure disappearing among sever people until he was far. Mork watched it disappear until he couldn't find Pi anymore.

He rubbed the back of his head in frustration, cursing himself for acting out of impulse. It felt like the Junior's presence affected his body temperature more than the glaring sunlight.

He looked at the cap and bit his lips, still denying there was something more than gentle care behind his actions. He was just worried about the boy. He would do that to anyone, won't he? That must be it, right?

Why though? He doesn't know.

∻∻⚜∻∻

"And I had hoped each time I saw the resentment in your eyes, that I would've never lied to you. Each time you look at me that way, a part of me trembles with pain for the distrust I caused."

∻⚜∻

Like.Vote.Comment.

∻⚜∻

Facts: Seventh year is considered as a bad luck for many reasons in Thailand. Like the curse of episode 11th in BL Universe. 

So, longest chapter for the longest break. 17500 words. Hopefully, I will edit and post more chapters soon. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

804 39 36
!!Trigger warning: suicide, Implied/Referenced Self Harm!! Warnings before sections. . This book is currently discontinued, if I find motivation to f...
6.8K 285 27
...He approached me and firmly grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards one of the cabins. In a rather brutal manner, he pushed me inside, blocking the d...
536 1 12
Dissatisfied with his life of a relatively successful BL Thai actor, with no proper plan B or ideas of where he should be heading, Dian set off for a...
24.2K 1K 12
where even if they are fighting, phuwin can't help but find warmth in the other male. gmmtv | phuwin x pond; fish upon the sky written by chae โ™ก