The Visit

By Lunalockeheart

(High school AU) Dream and Techno are dating and they go to a more prestigious school in the area, Techno pla... More

Prologue
Chapter 2.1

Chapter 1

2.3K 112 55
By Lunalockeheart

6:00am-Thursday

Dream was getting ready for the day, right now he was brushing his teeth when a warm body pressed against his back, arms wrapped around his hips loosely. Dream smiled as he kept brushing his teeth letting the other male place his head in the crook of his neck. Dream leaned down to the sink, the head moved off of his neck but the hands stayed as he spit out his toothpaste and rinsed his mouth with water. "Good morning sleepy head." Dream said standing back up and grabbing the curling iron for his hair.

The pink haired male mumbled a reply out as he buried his head deeper into the blonds neck, Dream laughed and continued styling his hair in the mirror. "Too early, bed now." The words were clear and came out in a gruff mannerism, but the pink haired male paid very little attention to his tone as he unplugged the iron and pulled it out of Dreams hands. He regripped around the blonds hips, hoisting the male up with little effort and carried him back to the bed. "Wha-No!" Dream laughed as he was tossed on the bed. The tired pink haired man settled himself down on top of the blond, effectively stopping any attempt given by the blond male to get up.

With some wrestling between the two males, Dream had managed to maneuver enough so he was straddling the other males chest. The pink haired male kept Dream still by holding his hips. Their eyes locked for a moment, the ruby red clashed with the emerald green ones, the morning sky was slowly beginning to glide through out the room. The blonde male seemed to absorb the sunlight, bathing in the shards of sunlight, highlighting the mesmerizing eyes that graced people with the thoughts of beautiful jades. "Techno!" Dream laughed, his smiled glowed through the streams of light. "I told you, I am visiting my brother today at his school." Techno frowned, this beautiful man was to leave him for the day, his smile wouldn't be here to grace his presence. Techno felt himself despise the day all of the sudden and decided to roll over. Dreams' hips were still being held by Techno and he was brought down onto the bed, he was now being shielded from the light, being hidden under the male and tucked away from the world. Dream now had his legs tightly wrapped around Techno's hips, the warmth radiated off the male like a furnace, his own personal furnace. The same warm skin he felt on his legs he felt sliding by his hips, the skin burned his in a delightful buzz, the buzz brought from Techno's hand had kept a tight grip and brought Dream closer.

"Let's just stay in bed all day. Under the covers, maybe having some pancakes for a late brunch. Then when we finally decide to get up we can take a shower, go out to dinner...my treat." The bargain brought by the tired male almost seemed to have a hold over the blond male, however there were plans Dream could not afford to blow off. But, Dream still hummed at the thought, looking down at Techno he kissed the top of Techno's head, the silky pink hair tickling his lips slightly. The moment couldn't last forever, the day had to keep going, if he could stop time and stay here, he would never want time to move again.

"We can do dinner, but for now. I need a ride and since you can't bear to let me drive without you, you need to take me." Sadly time had to move forward, its first pace forward was meant to bring the moment to an end. Techno gave out a low grunt in protest but loosened his grip slightly. Dream took it as a sign that he was allowed to leave and finish getting ready. Dream unwrapped Techno's arms around his waist and removed his legs, the buzzing heat that poisoned his skin sweetly was losing its feeling.

Despite his sadness towards the loss of heat, he had to take this chance before he wouldn't be able to leave. Dream wiggled out of the loose grip, effectively rolling off the bed and onto the hardwood floor. Techno groaned at the lack of warmness, feeling the same thing as his counterpart, and wrapped himself in blankets, silently protesting against leaving. Dream rolled his eyes and gripped the blankets at the bottom of the bed, with one fell swoop he ripped the blankets off of Techno. "Get ready, as a reminder, you are still driving me." Dream said, dropping the blankets on the floor. He could hear the small mutters of anger coming from the tired male but paid no mind to them, knowing what was being said held no merit against him. Dream walked out of their bedroom, stopping in front of the mirror in the hallway. Dream took one last look at himself. He was wearing black skinny jeans with some rips on the thighs, he was wearing a white crop top that showed a small portion of his lower abs. Dream walked into the shared kitchen and started brewing some coffee. He could hear movement coming from the bedroom, he smiled as he heard the drawers and closet being fiddled with.

While Techno was groaning about waking up so early, he did manage to get out of bed. He moved about the bedroom finding his different clothes, slowly changing into a pink sweatshirt and black sweatpants. He moved into the bathroom, from the mirror he could see the bags under his eyes, as he went to brush his teeth he noticed his sharp teeth seemed more prominent today compared to the past few days, he didn't mind it too much. His hair had been fairly well kept through the night and just decided to pull his hair back into a ponytail. He did one final check in the mirror before walking towards Dream in the kitchen. "I made you a cup." Dream smiled brightly at the pink haired male, taking notice of Techno walking towards him, focusing on the cup he had in his hand. Techno grabbed the cup of coffee, seeing it was black and bitter. Just like he likes, unlike Dream who prefers it more sweet.

Dream looked at the clock and saw it was 6:30, pursing his lips and looking back at his mug, he downed the rest of his coffee before putting it in the small sink. "We should go now." Techno looked up from his coffee with disbelief. "I just got my coffee." His statement made Dream roll his eyes, almost in a sarcastic manner. Dream gave him a pointed look, which he returned, and took the coffee mug out of Techno's hands. A sound of protest left Techno's mouth as the delightful morning drink was taken away from him. Soon he realized what Dream was doing, he had grabbed a to-go mug out of the cabinet and dumped the coffee in the mug before passing it back to a shocked Techno. "There. All better, now let's get going." Dream patted Techno's arm and made his way to the door. Techno followed behind with a shocked face.

At the front door there were only a couple of pairs of shoes, out of all the pairs there were two that stuck out, a pair of high top vans that were green and white and a pair of red and gold converse. Dream and Techno put on their respective shoes, it wasn't too hard to guess which pair belonged to who, Techno grabbed the keys while Dream opened the door. Techno grabbed Dream's hand and walked through the dorm halls. They made their way out of the building, they shared a living space in the athletic dorms, it was some of the biggest dorms on the campus and since it was at a private school, money was well spent by the athletes. While money was well spent on the dorms this also meant there was money to spend. An easy way to see this was through the parking lot, over 50 cars, each holding their own variety of money, within the lot of student drivers. Unlike the rest, a blood red corvette shined in the sun, its color made the car pop out and drew eyes in without much thought. The headlights lit up as Techno unlocked the car. Dream had never been able to drive since he met Techno, always getting the response of 'far too pretty to drive, you deserve to be driven' so with that note Dream went to the passenger side. Although he would never admit it, he loved being driven around, made him feel like a true prince, he never lifted a finger when he was in the car and that's the way he liked it. Techno got in on the drivers side, he always loved to drive Dream around, he wanted to treat Dream like the prince he looked like, he liked to have Dream in his passenger seat, only there for him. Once they were both seated Techno turned on the car, the engine revved slightly a he began to pull out of the parking lot. The rev from the engine signaled to those around and within the dorms who were leaving, there was no other engine like his at the school. As he started to leave the school he asked Dream to put in the address on his phone so he could know the directions, Dream eagerly placed the address in his phone and relaxed as Techno started for the high school.

As if a sudden thought popped into his head, Dream looked around in the compartment behind the seat, he rummaged quietly as Techno focused on the ride. His eyes scanned the compartment and found the specific item he was looking for, Dream grabbed Techno's letterman jacket, the blood red color filled his eyes, the white lettering stood out against the jacket, he hastily put it on. He didn't want Techno to see him wearing his jacket yet, he smiled to himself as the musk of Techno filled his senses even more then usual. He looked down at his phone and decided to give his friends some warning before he showed up there all alone. Dream smiled to himself as he rolled the window down, Techno did the same as if it was routine. He relaxed and felt the wind gliding through his hair, Techno turned up the music and placed one of his hands on Dream's upper thigh. Dream melted under the touch and gently placed his hand on top of Techno's, their fingers slowly intertwined together. Dream had a faint tint of red on his freckled face and Techno had a cheeky grin.

7:15am-Thursday

The wild car ride was slowly coming to an end as they were pulling up to the high school. "Last minute addition?" Techno said as he pulled up to the school, finally noticing his jacket, it looked like it was swallowing the blonde's small frame. "Didn't want to get cold." Dream responded offhandedly, Techno laughed as he turned the corner, "Are you sure it's a good idea that you wear that to our rival school?" Techno's last name wasn't as well known but a few people were bound to recognize his name and connect it back to his beloved football alias. Dream nodded as the school came into view. A sudden wash of anxiety was overtaking his head, and with the anxiety he felt he would much rather have the comfort of the jacket than walk into the school without it. Techno slowed down and pulled to a stop in front of the gates, the school was on the higher end as far as high schools goes, it wasn't Dream and Techno's but it was still a pretty high end school. "Here you are, at school instead of in bed with me on our day off." The sarcasm was the final push of confidence the blonde needed for the day, but he wouldn't let his pinky haired male know that as of now. Alas Dream rolled his eyes and leaned over the center column. "You know I love you...thank you for bringing me here on our day off." The ending part was a small thoughtful addition within the sentence.

"And?" Techno said as he glanced at the people walking by with their mouths agape, they couldn't see within the car windows due to the tint but the looks were enough of an ego boost for the pink haired male, he smirked as he watched their reactions. "And I promise to make it up to you." Dream sensed his partner's boost and decided to finally lean over fully and give Techno a quick kiss on the cheek, he slid back into his seat and was quick to make an escape before the pink haired male could pulled him back in, as he opened his door, the slum words left his mouth. "Bye pinky." Dream's mouth was then covered by his black mask with a white smiley face. "Bye smiley." The words of affection left Techno's mouth as he gave Dream a small smile, Techno watched Dream leave the car, as he shut the door, Dream felt the need to take a deep breath. As he took a deep breath, he felt hyper aware of the feeling of the eyes around him and his jacket.

The rev of an engine broke him away from the awareness of the eyes, he could feel the smirk from his pink counterpart. Dream turned to wave goodbye to Techno as he sped away down the street, the sudden feeling of loneliness had filled his heart, already missing his pink haired friend. Dream took out his phone and started texting, he alerted his little brother who had a habit of being late, that he was in fact here on time. As he was partaking in the conversation he was trying his best to ignore the stares of passing students. Some were staring due their knowledge of the car that had dropped him off here, while others stared at the bold and bright jacket. With no response from his little brother Dream felt a little lost. "DREAM!!" The sudden yell from across the courtyard pulled Dream away from his phone and his thoughts. A smile graced his face under the mask as he looked at a male with dark brown hair. The crowd seemed to part ways at the reveal of the males name and let the male who yelled see Dream more clearly. Dream started towards the male, making his way through the crowd, whose smile brightened as the blonde came closer.

Dream was tackled with a bear hug. "What are you doing here?!" The small male asked, Dream laughed at the rhetorical question, they had planned this out in advance between them and he wasn't surprised that his brother seemed to forget last minute. As they were hugging, Dream decided to play along and answer him anyway. "I had a free day and decided to visit you Tubs! Don't you remember making these plans?" Tubbo broke the hug, his eyes widening in realization as he shrugged, his excitement didn't waiver for a second. "God this is going to be so fun!" He Tubbo decided to take charge and grab Dreams' jacket sleeve, dragging him into the school. The crowd seemed to disappear from around them but there were still wandering eyes and whisperings floating around the males but that didn't bother them too much.

"Ok so first things first you have to meet my friends, then we can walk around and I can give you a little tour, then we can eat lunch and you can come watch my practice with the cheer team so I can show you my new routine! And then you could teach me that new trick you did at your last game!" Dream smiled at his little brother's enthusiasm, cherishing every word he said. They had both been busy with school and they hadn't been able to see each other that often, when they did, they were seemingly as thick as thieves and that's the way they liked it.

Tubbo eventually stopped dragging Dream and were now walking in the halls next to each other. "So what do you do on your day off?" Tubbo smiled and looked up at Dream. "Well we come to school then you can either hang out in a classroom, in the gym or even the pool! They're still serving lunch at one point and we all got assigned a lunch hour yesterday. See you are allowed to bring people into school it just had to be pre-approved but you didn't need that since our mom was a teacher and vouched for you." Dream nodded and smiled as they turned the corner. Tubbo stopped by a locker and put in a combination. Tubbo put his backpack away and took out a binder full of loose leaf papers. "Since you're here you can help me with my math homework."

Dream nodded, feeling slightly insecure as he saw the eyes peering at the duo. Tubbo resumed his grip on Dream's arm and dragged him into what looked like the cafeteria. As Tubbo found a deserted table he set his pile of crap down. "Now we wait for the rest of the group to show up." Dream nodded and started to fiddle with the bottom of Techno's jacket. "Sounds good." A meek response came from Dream, he wasn't a social butterfly but he felt pretty confident in his conversing skill but he never enjoyed meeting new people. Techno always called him a charmer and not to worry but that never settled his nerves. As they were waiting, Dream began to help Tubbo work through some math problems, working and reviewing the simple mistakes in different operations.

It had been almost 35 minutes and Tubbo's friends still weren't here. There was almost no math work left for the two to do, Tubbo looked at Dream as if feeling his distance from the real world as time passed on. Dream was fidgeting with the bottom of his jacket, his shoulders were slouched, he kept his head down and his eyes trained on the table in front of him. "Don't worry, they are all really nice. Plus Niki, Karl, Bad, Ranboo and Tommy are here so you will already know some people." Dream looked over at Tubbo, his mood seemed to lighten up at the mention of his friends. He was thankful for Tubbo being here, but he wouldn't even visit this school if his brother was here. What a funny phenomenon to think about. "Are you good now?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

That small reassurance seemed to unlock a new conversation. "Ok, you have to fill me in on how things are going with Techno." Tubbo said excitedly, Dream felt his cheeks heat at the mention of his pink partner. He felt a small smile fill out on his face under his mask, looking away from Tubbo he began to answer his question. "Well right now Techno and I-" Dream was cut off by a shout from behind them. "Dream!" They looked around, until the sight of a familiar rosy pink haired female and a sandy brown haired male came into view. The duo seemed to be out of breath and frazzled but determined in a way that made people move out of their way. They were standing in front of a group of confused faces.

"Dream?" The group behind her seemed to chorus, but it looked like the rosy pink haired female paid no attention to them as she scanned the lunch room. "Dream!" She yelled happily as she finally saw Dream. The rose pink haired female and sandy brown haired male ran forward towards Dream and the small male. "Niki! Karl!" Dream shouted happily, he stood up from his seat beside Tubbo, they came in full force and crashed into his arms.

"Aww I missed you guys so much! How have you been?" Dream said as the 3 of them hugged each other. The duo seemed to be holding onto the blonde male more than he was hanging onto them. It wasn't unwelcomed but the blonde could feel his head being rushed with blood from the tightness of the hug, he gave Niki and Karl a quick pat on the back as a signal for them to let go. Niki and Karl backed out of the hug, they held shy smiles on their faces but never lost their bright expressions. "We have been great, but look at you!" Karl gave Dream a once over while Niki noticed the jacket.

"Is that the jacket?" Niki said, turning Dream around. The earlier conversation over text had filled his head, the one where he was filling his friends in about being the only other person, besides the owner of the jacket, to wear the legendary jacket held by the football king. Dream nodded as they scanned the jacket. It was a red letterman jacket with white and red stripes on the collar and cuffs of the jacket. In big white letters there was the name 'Blade' on the back, the varsity letter 'P' was on the front left side while the right was just a pocket. Niki began to freak out over the jacket and started to ask dozens of questions about the jacket, Karl was just as excited to hear about the jacket. Behind the 3 blabbering friends was a group of confused males, they went next to Tubbo who was semi listening to the conversation. "Hey Tubbo, who is that?" Ask a 6 '5 male with brown fluffy hair, he was wearing a gray sweater with a brown trench coat, finished with some brown pants, pointing towards Dream. "That's my brother. Dream." Tubbo said happily, Dream looked over at the group and away from the conversation at hand after hearing his name. "Hi! I'm Dream."

"Wilbur." The male from earlier said, Wilbur started to name off the rest of the group.

"This is George..." George was about 5 '8, had brown hair, wore a blue supreme shirt and brown cargo pants. He also had a pair of white goggles resting on his head.

"Sapnap..." Sapanap was about 5'10, had a black long sleeve shirt with a white shirt that had a small flame in the middle over the long sleeve. He had black jogging pants with two white streaks down the side. A headband wrapped tightly around jet black hair, effectively keeping it out of his face.

"Fundy..." Fundy was 6'1, same as Dream, he had fluffy auburn hair, wore a white t-shirt with a black jean jacket, he had grey jeans and black combat boots.

"Jack..." Jack was about 5'11, had very short hair; almost made him look bald. He had a blue and black striped sweatshirt and grey skinny jeans, finished with grey high top converse.

"Quackity..." Quackity was about 5'8, he had black hair that was covered up by a blue beanie, he had a matching warm up jacket and black shorts.

"Illumina..." Illumina was about 6ft, he had a tight black undershirt with a dark grey sweatshirt . He also had tight grey jeans.

"Nice to meet you all!" Dream nodded and took note of each person. Tubbo started to talk about something with the group while Dream zoned out, thinking about dinner tonight and what he should wear. He was leaning towards something more tight and flashy if it was going to be a nice dinner but if it was a small diner he and Techno had found he thought just some shorts and a sweater would work. Either one would mesmerize his date. The group of males took sparing glances at Dream as he was zoned out, noticing Dreams bright green eyes. words couldn't describe the man in front of them, he looked so perfect. Everything on him seemed to be in place and fit his entire look, nothing was out of place and that's what enticed the males around him. What was most interesting was what the mask was hiding, how did his lips look? Did anymore freckles fall below his cheeks? Thoughts filled the males' brains, as they all watched Dream quietly. The blonde never noticed the glances as he was stuck on how to do his hair for tonight, but all thoughts were pushed aside as a sudden thought came to his head as he focused back on the group.

"Where's Ranboo?" Dream asked as he looked around the group for the 6'6 male. "I think he's with Charlie and Tommy in the library." Tubbo said checking his recent texts with Tommy. "Yeah, we were going to meet up earlier but then I got side tracked with you..." Tubbo said with slight disappointment in his voice as he looked down at his phone. Dream placed an arm around Tubbo and started to pull him away from the group, going in a random direction. The group of males and the duo followed behind quickly, moving towards the doors of the cafeteria. "Well then we shouldn't keep them waiting. Take me to my child."

"Other way."

"My bad."

Dream, Karl, Niki and Tubbo were leading the group as they entered the library. Tommy was first to notice the group but didn't say anything because Dream motioned him to stay quiet. Dream quietly jogged up to the 3 males, before Dream pounced on Ranboo he made sure his presence was known. "Boo!" Dream yelled as he hugged the male from behind. Ranboo jumped at the contact but relaxed when he recognized the voice. "Mom?" Ranboo questions as he was released from the bear hug, he turned around to confirm his guess. "Mom!" Ranboo excitedly hugged Dream again. There were no librarians or students in the library besides them, so there was no need for any of them to be quiet.

Ranboo let go of Dream, letting Tommy come over and greet the blonde haired male. "Big D!! Good to see you!" He said in his obnoxious voice, Dream smiled under his mask and matched the gremlins' energy. "Tommy! How are you, you child?!" There was some small laughter from the group behind him as Tommy looked horrified. He seemed to bring a funny rage face on before yelling at Dream, "I'm not a CHILD!!" While flailing his arms around dramatically. Dream and Ranboo laughed at his childish antics, and Dream's attention shifted towards the person he'd never met before. They seemed to be slightly awkward but laughing along with his boo and him. "Hello!" The male said seeing the attention shift onto him, Dream felt his first assumption was wrong about the male being awkward. "Hello...Charlie right? Tubbo mentioned you earlier. I'm Dream." Dream extended his hand towards Charlie, Charlie took his hand firmly and shook it. "Nice to meet you, Dream, you are correct. I am Charlie."

The group watched the interaction with confusion. "Mom?" They said unanimously, Tubbo looked at them surprised. "Yeah, didn't Ranboo tell you about his mother figure?" He looked at the group confused, the sudden memory plagued all of their faces with surprise and even more confusion. "This was his mother figure? I thought they would be..." Illumina trailed off as he looked between the mother son duo. "Female?" Tubbo finished, watching everyone nod. "Yeah, a lot of people find it surprising. If you want the full story I would ask Dream, he has the best insight on it." Tubbo finished before walking towards Ranboo, Dream, Tommy, and Charlie.

"What are you guys doing?" Tubbo asked them. Dream peeled himself from the conversation with Charlie, Tommy, and Ranboo. "I was just getting to know Charlie better." Tubbo made a noise of approval. Dream seemed to notice the slight pause in the conversation and was going to ask about it but Tommy beat him to it. Tommy slumped his arm over Dream's shoulder. "What should we do?" Tommy said, dragging out the 'o'. "Maybe we could sit everyone down here? That way they could start asking Dream some more questions?" Tubbo suggested, Tommy and Charlie nodded, Ranboo shrugged and looked at his mom, and Dream hesitantly nodded. "We can find something else to do if you are uncomfortable." Ranboo rushed after seeing the change in Dream's demeanor. Dream felt his heart warn at Ranboo's concern but gave him a small hidden smile behind his mask.

"It's fine Ranboo," Dream said, reassuring his child. The five of them had moved to a table that would be big enough to fit everyone. When they found one of decent size Dream turned back to Tubbo realizing there was a missing piece to this plan. "You should go grab your friend's Tubbo." Tubbo nodded and motioned for his friends to come over. They approached the group, who had sat down at one of the tables. On one side of the table(left to right) was Niki, Illumina, Wilbur, Fundy, George, Sapnap, and Quackity. The other side (left to right) had Karl, Jack, Tubbo, Dream, Ranboo, Tommy, and Charlie. After everyone settled in their seats, polite conversations engrossed between everyone.

8:40am-Thursday

The attention turned towards Dream when Wilbur asked about his school. "I heard that your school does housing differently than our school, I couldn't find much information about it and it piqued my interest." Dream nodded in understanding and fiddled with his mask for a second. He thought for a second about how to word his answer about this question without revealing anything. It wasn't hard but he tended to be a clutzy speaker when he was nervous or had all the attention.

"Well I share a dorm room, it's part of the package with my school. See you are allowed the choice of staying at home with family or at the school. Most of the time people tend to stay at the dorms provided by the school since they are really nice dorms. I chose to live at the school because it would be easier for my family." Dream paused and looked around at everyone, making sure that they were following along with his explanation. "But if you live at the school you have a dorm mate." Dream continued soon after, but was interrupted by another question.

"Do you get along with your dorm mate?" George asked, Tubbo nudged Dream side playfully. Dream felt a blush make its way across his face, he didn't just get along with him, he was utterly obsessed with him, in more ways than one. That made Ranboo feel the urge to suppress a smile. Niki and Karl shared a knowing look, finally getting into the conversation. "I-well-I mean yeah, I guess he's ok." Dream rubbed the back of his neck as he suddenly found interest in the bookshelf past the boys who were sitting across from him. "Just ok?" George pressed on. "Our relationship is complicated..." Dream couldn't really answer correctly, he and Techno agreed to keep their relationship a secret. He couldn't just tell a bunch of strangers he just met that he is in utter love with the man he is rooming with, so much so that he almost didn't come visit his brother just so he could stay in bed all day with him. Besides, Techno and Dream had made an agreement that they would only tell people if they were both ok with it, which is how Tubbo, Ranboo, Niki, Karl, Skeppy and Bad knew about the relationship. Plus most of the football team at his high school, you can't date the star player without having everyone on the team know. actually it was thanks to them that Techno and him even got together.

The other boys took his answer as a sign of relief, seeing as the conversation took a halt, Fundy brought up his own question. "Why did you go to the private school in the first place?" Fundy asked, it wouldn't make sense for him to go to another school without his family. From what they could tell Dream had quite a few friends here and some family as well. "I just wanted to get away, find some peace of mind, plus the education seemed better for my level so I decided to apply to the private school." Dream said vaguely, not wanting to reveal anything to these men about this topic.

"Did you get it?"

"Get what?"

"Your peace of mind?" Dream smiled and looked over at Tubbo then at Ranboo. Both boys were looking at Dream expectantly. His mind floated back to a vague image of a pink haired male sitting in the driver's seat of a red corvette, smiling as his hand was on his thigh and on the car's wheel. "I like to think that I have." The group asked a few more meaningless questions. Small get to know your questions and some last questions about the school. Of course they asked about his relationship status but he avoided answering expertly. But in reality he relied on his friends to change the conversation for him as he wasn't the most trustworthy person to say many things on the fly. The group ended up talking and playing some games like poker, black jack, euchre and war. Basic card games supplied by Quackity for their day off. Dream was winning most of the games, much like Quackity. People were playfully calling him out on his cheats, realizing there was no way someone could have this much luck. But for Dream the cards always seemed to love him. It was very fun by the end of it, before everyone began to realize how hungry they were getting.

12:30pm-Thursday

As the group was making their way into the cafeteria they noticed more kids started to fill inside as Lunch was being served, the chatter and volume increased with the loud teenagers filling the room. "Maybe we should get some food?" Tommy said to the group, watching the lunch line grow. Everyone made noises of agreement and moved to go stand in line, well almost everyone. Dream was focused on the food being served, his hand subconsciously moved to his mask. He heard people whispering behind him, feeling the stares of kids as they entered the lunch room. Dream rubbed his palms on his jeans, wiping away the sweat. His mind was picking up every conversation around him but he kept his eyes on the food. He played with the sleeves of his jacket, finding some sort of comfort in the aroma it gave off. Realizing what was happening, Dream fought to keep a grip on himself. He needs to call Techno.

Call Techno.

In a split second Dream grabbed Tubbo's shirt and held him back from the group. "I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be right back." Dream said hastily to Tubbo, worry painted his little brother's face. Oh no. Dream realized it didn't come out as calm as he would've liked it to be but it would have to do for now. He really wasn't going to make it for much longer. The room was starting to shrink on him. "Is everything ok?" Tubbo asked quietly, Dream nodded and began to double back out of the lunch room. He felt his legs carry him as fast as they could without raising alarms from the people around him as he moved out of the lunch room. People stared at Dream as he brushed past them, his breath still picking up, tears building in his eyes. Just make it somewhere secluded, don't worry about the people. Just call Techno. Dream pushed inside a bathroom, finding it was empty. He closed the main door and locked it.

Dreams legs gave out as he slid to the floor. The room seemed so bright and small, it was closing in on him. He felt his throat begin to close up, the tightness made him gasp for air. Dream ripped his mask off, attempting to gulp down more air, hoping it would reach his lungs faster. The only small comfort that brought him out of the worst of it was the musk surrounding the jacket. Cherry and wood scents filled his nose, his throat didn't seem so tight, the room wasn't as bright and it seemed to grow around him. Tears slid down his face, his tear struck eyes open widely as he began to remember his original goal. Feeling around in his pockets he looked for the lifeline he needed. In the jacket pocket was a heavy cellphone like shape, he hastily pulled out his phone. Finding Techno's contact, he pushed the call button.

Ring

Please pick up. Dream sat against a wall, his knees were pressed against his chest, his nose was buried in the collar of the jacket.

Ring

Please. Dream gripped the phone tighter, attempting to stop his hands from shaking.

Ring

Please. Dream was hoping to hear his voice, he just wanted to hear his voice.

"Hello?" Dream lifted his head, so it was leaning against the wall. "Dream?" Dream let out a shaky breath as he gained some control of his body. "Amare?" Dream smiled at the name, he started to sniffle, telling Techno he was there. The world seemed to be restored to its normal peace. He felt himself relax, his hands were still shaking but he didn't mind too much, everything was coming back to normal. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine...just needed to hear your voice." Dream's voice cracked as he spoke, he heard some voices from the other side. "Tell Schlatt I'll be out in a minute." Techno said, a faint voice from the phone sounded like it said 'ok lover boy' but Dream was still too jittery to really tell. If what he heard was correct he would assume it was Skeppy, he was the only one who could tease Techno without any backlash. "Did you have another attack?" "Yeah..." Dream mumbled.

"Do you want me to pick you up?" Techno suggested, fully ready to sprint to the school if he needed to. "No, you have practice. I don't want to disrupt-" Dream rushed, not wanting to be a burden to Techno. "Dream. You are literally Schlatt's favorite. He would yell at me if I left you like this and I personally see no way that helps either of us." Techno reassured Dream, knowing how he is. Unbeknown to Dream, Techno had already made up his mind and started to slowly change out of his football attire. He would have to talk with Schlatt quickly and the team about their play but that wouldn't take too long. "I will be fine, you just get to practice-" Dream tried again. "So I will pick you up in an hour." Techno continued, not listening to Dream. "Wait, I said don't come pick." Dream protest was interrupted by Techno again. "If I have to, I will drag you out myself." Dream let out a sigh, from past experience he knows Techno would come straight in without a care in the world and grab Dream. He did that at the first party Dream attended, it was thrown by some sorority girls and he found himself in a spot of trouble. Techno was always protective of Dream but he also had a reputation. Techno was known for not partying so imagine everyone's surprise when he shows up only to drag Dream out of the house and to his car. "Fine..." he grumbled.

"Glad you agreed to come peacefully." Techno said with a smirk, Dream could even sense it through his tone. Dream picked himself off the grimy floor and walked over to the bathroom mirrors. "I hate you." Dream said to Techno as he looked at himself through the mirror. His emerald eyes were red, cheeks were rosy and puffy. Overall he was a mess. "I love you too, Amare." Techno laughed through the phone before hanging up on Dream. Dream put his phone back in his pocket, turning on the sink and running the cold water over his face. He dried his face with a paper towel and fixed up his hair and face a little. His eyes weren't as red but they were slightly noticeable, his cheeks seemed to calm down and relax. He felt it was good enough and wouldn't seem too different from earlier. Dream placed his mask back onto his face before unlocking the bathroom and leaving.

1:00pm-Thursday

Dream left the bathroom, realizing he didn't know the way back to the cafeteria. Dream looked around the almost deserted hallway. "Dream?" A familiar voice echoed through the hall, turning around Dream and saw an all too familiar face. "Phil?" The long haired blonde male walked up to Dream, putting his hands on Dream's shoulders. "What are you doing here? Why do you look like you have been crying?" Phil asked, going full dad mode. Phil was a close family friend of Techno's, he was always fond of Dream and was like a second Dad to him, besides Schlatt. He pulled Dream into a hug, Dream felt himself melt into the warm embrace of one of his father figures. "Did you have another attack?" Dream silently nodded into Phil's shoulder, he didn't fully trust not to break down in Phil's arms.

Dream took a deep breath before looking back at Phil. "I was hanging out with Tubbo and his friends today, we were in the lunchroom when I started to have an attack so I ran in a random direction, now I don't know which way I need to go to get back to the group." Dream started to ramble to Phil, he started to breathe fast again like earlier. Watching Phil's eyes widen he stopped speaking, letting the old man speak. "Ok, Dream I am going to need you to breathe. Alright and I will take you back to the lunchroom." Dream nodded and allowed Phil to guide him back to the room.

They walked back to the lunchroom, making small talk. Down the hall from the lunchroom Dream stopped walking, he fixed his mask like he had been doing all day. "Can you do me a favor Phil?" Phil hummed as he waited for Dream to ask. "Can I say I was with you, that way they don't worry." Phil looked at Dream in surprise but nodded. "Thanks, I'll see you at the game Saturday then?" "Of course, I'll see you then Dream." Dream waved goodbye to Phil and entered the cafeteria. Making his way back to the group, Tubbo was the first to attack Dream. He gave him a tight bear hug, "Why were you gone for so long?!"

"I went to the bathroom, then I got a call from a friend which I answered. I also got lost on the way back here...But! I met up with Phil so all was well." Dream said cheekily, technically he wasn't lying just with holding information. "But I do have to leave in like an hour. I had plans with my friends tonight and I promised them I would go." Dream said solemnly, Tubbo nodded in understanding. "But I was thinking we could go hang out at that arcade/bowling place in town. You bring all of your friends and I will bring a few of mine." Dream said, looking at the rest of the group, as if informing them of the plan.

"How about we go visit the gym real quickly? I did want to see your new routine but got a little sidetracked." Tubbo let go of Dream and grabbed his hand tightly, pulling him out of the cafeteria. Everyone else followed the two like they had been doing all day, many were following so they could see more of Dream and get to know him more. One thing Dream was thankful for was the fact that no one questioned his absence, he gave good liable reasons for why he was gone for so long. Ranboo still didn't believe him but he knows better than to pressure Dream into something. "So Tubbo, you make a group chat for the meet up at the arcade. I will deal with the people at my school coming along." "Alright that sounds good!" Tubbo opened the door for Dream, the gym was pretty big but it wasn't as big as the one he practiced in. There were a few groups of people in the gym but it was big enough they wouldn't even be close to getting in one another's way. "Do you guys come here often?" Dream asked, looking around the room. "Most of the time it's just cheer in here but every once in a while football will have a conditioning practice in here if the weather is bad outside."

The group sat down on the gym floor, watching Dream and Tubbo pull out mats from the side of the room. Dream handed Ranboo his jacket with a pointed look, silently saying 'this never touches the floor' and went back over to Tubbo. Everyone was talking, chatting, and some were simping over Dream. Dream was helping Tubbo with his routine slightly, teaching him small tricks to help with his transitions. The group was surprised by Dreams' flexibility, they forgot how flexible he was and some were being reminded. Dream had attempted Tubbo's routine but forgot the thing halfway through and was stuck in a handstand as Tubbo reminded him with a laugh what to do, everyone seemed to laugh at his predicament. Some were delighted by the fact that the cropped shirt was riding up on his chest revealing more and more of his toned body.

Ranboo felt Dream's phone vibrate in his pocket, he gave the phone to Dream who was laying down on the mat. "It looks like my ride's here." Dream said standing up, Tubbo, Ranboo and Tommy followed soon after. Ranboo gave Dream back his jacket, allowing him to slip it on. "We will walk you out." Tommy said he heard from Tubbo that someone special was picking up Dream. Dream bid everyone goodbye and that he would hope to see them Saturday, as they reciprocated and promised to be there Dream walked out with the trio, it was a short walk since the gym is closer to the front of the school. As they walked outside a red corvette was parked in the driveway. Shining in the sun. Dream had a little pep in his step as he went to the car.

"Bye guys! See you tomorrow!" Dream yelled, waving towards the trio. Their eyes looked like they were going to pop out of their heads from how they were staring at the car. He heard Tommy yell about how Dream was going to have to get him a ride in that car. The door was open so he was sure Techno had heard the request. "I'll try my best Tommy!" Dream yelled as he climbed into the car with a breath of relief. Techno had one hand on the steering wheel the other resting on the armrest. Dream secured the seat belt then hooked arms with Techno before leaning his head onto his arm. "Tiring day?" Dream nodded and kept his head on Techno's arm. "Guess we can scratch dinner then and just order take out." Dream smiled and snuggled into Techno's arm. I love you, Techno Dream thought before closing his eyes, letting a peaceful sleep absorb his body. 

Updated*
words; 7896

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 9.5K 30
-dnf (dreamnotfound, dream and george romantically) -soulmate au where whatever you write appears on your soulmates skin -high school au -if at any p...
999 33 25
A small streamer finds herself in a bedwars game with Tubbo and TommyInnit. Only this is just the beginning because when they introduce her to their...
2.6K 58 20
cover art by : hyxmix on twitter the all famous cheerleader george x football player dream this will contain eventual smut, along with plenty of flu...
58.8K 1.9K 28
Dream escapes prison somehow and finds a child. He names them Ranboo. How will the SMP react? DREAMNOBLADE!! And bottom Dream :D 《COMPLETED》