Hellbound

By Apagewithani

In a world where 'Soulmates', otherwise known as Darlings have the exact same branding over their heart's giv... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter TwentyOne
Chapter TwentyTwo
Chapter TwentyThree
Chapter TwentyFour
Chapter TwentyFive
Chapter TwentySix
Chapter TwentySeven
Chapter TwentyEight
Chapter TwentyNine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter ThirtyOne
Chapter ThirtyTwo
Chapter ThirtyThree
Chapter ThirtyFour
Chapter ThirtyFive
Chapter ThirtySix
Chapter ThirtySeven
Chapter ThirtyEight
Chapter ThirtyNine
Chapter Forty
Chapter FortyOne
Chapter FortyTwo
Chapter FortyThree
Epilogue

Chapter Sixteen

37.6K 1.1K 94
By Apagewithani

It had been an easy going morning, nothing major has happened. West dropped me off at Hellbound once he arrived home from his night shift. I walked in just after the inmate's had finished breakfast. Why? Because I had slept in and woken up late, last night had been the best sleep of my life.

Josie had taken it upon herself to take Hex to breakfast; nobody had known that I was late. Thank god.

The Rec Room is unusually quiet of guards and inmate's when I walk in, I make my way to Tower Three. Colin sits at his desk, obviously in deep concentration with his headset on.

"Hey" I say as the door shuts behind me, he jumps in his seat and turns to face me.

"Josie is in the Yard if you're wondering" he explains as he turns back to his computer. I nod even though he can no longer see me. I place my bag in my locker and gather my gun and pepper spray.

It's still early morning, much earlier then the inmate's are usually in the Yard. I walk fast, still hoping that no one had noticed I had been missing.

The sun is bright when I push open the door, so bright that it takes a while for my eyes to adjust. I grab at my pepper spray just in case before my eyes focus. Multiple guards stand around, their eyes more focused on the inmate's then who had just walked through the door.

My eyes zone in on Josie as she stands in our usual spot, against the brick wall.

"Hey" I breathe out, finally relaxing.

"Where've you been?" she says as she grabs my forearm.

"I slept in" I say as I push the fly aways away from my face "thanks for helping me out with him" I nod my head in Hex's direction, catching his eye as I glimpse at him before turning back to Josie.

"Must have been exhausted" she smirks, I look away not being able to hold her eye.

"Something like that" I scratch at my neck as blush rises on my skin.

She says nothing more but the smirk still remains on her face.

"Why are they out here so early?" I question as I watch a group of inmate's play basketball. Hex sits at his table once again, facing everybody so that no one is behind him.

"It'll be too hot later on" she explains as I nod. Makes sense, we are coming up on summer.

I take note that Aaron and his group are one again; I don't know when he got out from Solitary Confinement. He must've got out early because it definitely hasn't been the thirty days he was assigned.

They seem to be keeping to themselves as they take over the workout equiptment. Everybody else keeps out of their way.

"Oi!" John shouts and points his finger in the direction of Aaron and his group as they push and shove each other. Aaron has nothing to say as he sticks his middle finger up at John. John lets it slide with a shake of his head.

I watch as Aaron's gaze fixes behind John and lands on Hex.

He continues to push and shove his friends, ignoring what John had said. They all look in Hex's direction as Hex scratches something into the metal table with a stick. A cigarette hangs from the corner of his mouth.

At first I think they're going towards John but once they surpass him my body stiffens.

"Don't start shit!" John warns as they pass him, they wave him off over their shoulder's as Hex becomes their sole focus.

My heart starts to pound in my chest as I try and keep a cool facade. Between Aaron's like for causing chaos and Hex's temper I doubt this will end well.

"Uh oh" Josie whispers, I look in her direction and note she's looking at Aaron and Hex too.

I watch as Aaron and his group take a seat at Hex's table. Hex ignores them and continues carving the table. For a while they sit and converse between each other. I can see Hex getting agitated, his leg starts to bounce and he's now continuously puffing away on that cigarette.

When he looks up and makes eye contact with me I know it's a sign to take him back to his cell.

"I'll see in the Tower" I say to Josie as I push off the wall and head in Hex's direction.

I survey the area and note that Aaron had followed Hex's gaze to me, I see a smirk pull at his lips before he turns back to Hex.

His mouth moves in Hex's ear, speaking words I'm unable to hear. Hex's eyes turn black almost immediately; his hands fist on the table as I walk closer and I hope I can get there before he snaps.

It's no use though; I have no chance of getting there before Aaron has Hex's fist in his face.

"Hey!" Reg shouts from across the Yard as he runs in the direction of Aaron and Hex. Aaron recovers and throws his own fist at Hex, the cigarette in his mouth lands on the ground, along with a bit of blood.

I pick up my pace and get there before any other guard.

"Stop!" I yell, trying to get them apart without getting caught in the middle. Blood starts leaking from both of them as they ignore me.

"Fucking bastard" I hear Hex sneer as he gets Aaron on the ground. Aaron's group jump in when they realise Aaron stands no chance, kicking at Hex as he sits on top of Aaron. Blood pours from his lip and somewhere in his hairline while Aaron's face is a bloody mess, barely recognizable.

Grunts can be heard from Hex as he takes kick after kick to the ribs, one after another but it doesnt stop him as his sole focus is on Arron, who by now is barely conscious.

"Hex! Stop!" I scream over the noise, I can barely hear it in my own ears so I don't know how Hex hears it but he does and stands up.

"Fucks sake!" John yells as he pulls out his pepper spray. I back up, not wanting to have to go through that again.

A mist of orange covers the crowd that had gathered, a lot of them step back away from it before they're ordered to get on the ground with their hands behind their heads.

"Rose! Go to Poppy" Reg shouts and points a finger in my direction. The rest of the guards surround Aaron as he remains on the ground. Hex stumbles over to me, one hand on his ribs as he struggles to draw in a breath and the other hand wiping at his eyes as the pepper spray irritates them.

"C'mon" I mumble as I grab his forearm, my hand barely wrapping around half of it. Our skin sparks between us. He lets me lead him into the prison, taking him to the nurse as he leaves drops of blood on the ground, leaving a trail behind us.

"No" he pulls back once he can open his eyes and realise where we are going "she's a bitch" he mumbles, pulling at his singlet and wiping his eyes with it.

"She'll flush out your eyes and clean you up" I try and persuade him but it's useless.

He shakes his head "no, I want to go to my cell" he tries to turn in the direction.

I yank him back by his arm, it does little but he stops moving "would you stop being difficult, get in there" I demand as I knock on the door of the nurse's office. He says nothing as he stands behind me but I feel his eyes burning into the back of my head.

"Hi Liv" I say as she opens the door to us.

"Hi Poppy" she smiles, it fades when she sees Hex "what happened?" she asks as Hex steps inside. She steps back considerably as his size intimidates her.

"A fight and pepper spray" I explain, she nods as she gathers items. I walk over to the tap and run it, waiting for the water to be ice cold before I call Hex over.

"Wash your eyes out" I instruct as I step back so he can move in. He takes one look at the tap before turning his back and going back to the bed, taking a seat and continuing to wipe his eyes with his singlet. My breath stutters out as the lifted singlet allows for his toned stomach to come into view.

"You need to wash your eyes out" Liv backs me up. Hex doesn't pay her any mind as she gets closer to him, setting down gauze, anti bacterial wipes and supplies to give him stitches.

"Have you got a bowl?" I ask as I flip through the cupboards for one.

"Top right cupboard" she points to it as I make my way to it "you alright here, Poppy? I've got to grab some things from the supply room" Liv says as she makes her way to the door.

"Yeah, yeah. Go for it" I say over my shoulder as I fill up the bowl with cold water. I find extra gauze near by and grab that too.

It's silent as I move around, Hex's eyes following me around in-between wiping at them. They're red and irritated much worse then mine were but he's trying to hide it.

"Here" I mumble as I take the water and gauze to him, trying to encourage him to wash his eyes out. He just looks at it though before looking back at me, almost in a 'what do you want me to do with it?' kind of way.

I contemplate it for a while as I stand across from him, leaning on the wall with my arms crossed. He holds eye contact with me almost daring me to do it. My heart is pounding but I don't make it known as I walk across the room to Hex.

I ring the gauze out in the water; I try my best to hide the shake in my hands as I bring it up to his eyes. He close's his eyes when they make contact; it gives me a sense of peace knowing he isn't staring at me.

He stays still for me as he leans on the bed, his feet touching the ground and his hands by his sides.

I jolt slightly as he hums in his throat at the feel of the cold on his eyes. The hum reminds me of what I'd heard from him last night in my imagination.

I take turns between wiping his eyes and wiping away the blood that drips down the side of his face and lip.

This is the closest I had ever been to his face and his attractiveness only grows. His lashes are longer then any I've ever seen especially because they're wet. His strong facial features are sharp and masculine. Even though he sits, we're still both the same height as I subconsiously had moved between his legs.

I jolt again as his hands had left his sides and found their way to my hips. I panic slightly, the last time we'd been in this situation Hex had cuffs on and it was the only thing that was stopping us from going further, this time there's nothing between us.

The water in the bowl is now a pinky colour from the blood I had wiped away. He squeezes my hips harder and tries to bring me closer to him. I step closer before the sound of Liv's shoes echoing down the hall brings my mind back into focus.

I place the gauze down on the bed and step back, ony Hex doesn't let me.

She gets closer and closer, her shoes getting louder and louder.

"Hex, let go" I demand quietly, his red eyes focus on me, darkening and drifting to my lips when I say his name. I tug again.

He tugs me closer, our faces only a breath away "last night could be so much better" he whispers between us. My brand thumps in my chest as he hints at the possibility of sex. I stop trying to pull away as my legs become weak.

He releases me just as Liv pushes the door open; I step back on shaky legs before she can see how close we we're standing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 6.6K 33
Liam accidentally calls a young, annoying, fast-talking, positive girl at work. Intrigued by this girl and slightly guilty for his rude first impress...
45.6K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
521K 10.7K 38
He is a dream that never will happen, even though I want him to be mine. His eyes look so dangerous and deadly that it scares me. I never wanted to s...
1.1M 80.7K 47
Miss Matched is now available as a Paperback and E-book with W by Wattpad Books! You can access the Wattpad original edition on the platform and the...