✓ forgotten² || yang jungwon

De yang_jungwon

"They were right. Love is the most dangerous thing in the world." A book full of lies, frustration and 𝙧𝙖𝙞... Mais

prologue
001: missing
002: dream
003: unexpected
004: bandaid
005: stay
006: caught
007: support
008: fascinating
009: others
010: jealousy
011: stargazing
012: wistful
013: opposite
014: visitor
015: insightful
016: contented
017: insouciance
018: intruder
019: promises
020: surgery
021: home
022: harmony
023: sufficient
024: shambles
025: ineffable
026: date
027: divulge
028: adour
030: secret
031: of
032: happiness
033: lies
034: in
035: friendship
epilogue

029: the ✎

9.2K 674 2.8K
De yang_jungwon

(a/n: guess who figured out their wattpad password😄)
__________________________

eunji's p.o.v

The loud sound of my phone startled me as I let out a gasp, hurriedly sitting up to turn off my alarm.

"No way.." I spoke under my breath, rubbing my eyes to wake up faster. Was it time for school already?

That's when it struck me, "It can't be.."

"Eunji...!" Jungwon's cheerful voice interrupted my thoughts, as he entered my room. I turned to him wide-eyed.

Now looking at his face, everything hit me at once.
The call. The rain. The kiss. It was all a dream.

And here he was.
Standing in my door frame, while smiling as if he was a puppy seeing snow for the first time.
While I stared at him in complete shock.

"Eunji..?" His voice was a lot quieter now, as his expression turned soft at my dejection, "What's wrong?"

"What..do you mean what's wrong?" I bitterly spoke out through gritted my teeth, shocked at how fierce my own voice was, "How can you just barge into someone's room like that?"
I didn't mean to take out my anger at him.

But what was I even thinking?
Of course, it was a dream.
It was all in my stupid imagination. Like always.

"I'm sorry."

My eyes widened at how quiet his voice was.

"Sorry..I..I wasn't thinking." Jungwon repeated, immediately turning around so his back was facing me, as he looked down, "I will respect your privacy from now on, I'm sorry. You are right, I should've knocked."

And before I knew it, I teared up, as I balled my hands into fists. I didn't plan on crying in the early morning, but the more I thought about it the more tears collected in the corners of my eyes.

I was embarrassed at myself. So embarrassed.
I couldn't even look him in the eye.

"Eunji..?" He spoke, when he heard my unsteady breathing.
I could sense his hesitation, but after eventually turning around to me, his concerned eyes now met my teary ones.

His voice was never this gentle. So worried.
What did I ever do to deserve him?

"Hey, I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry, I was wrong." Jungwon immediately approached me, as he took my hand, looking at me with worried eyes, "I won't do it again."

I bet I looked ridiculous right now, desperately trying to tense my face so no tears will flow down my face, "Why are you even here?" I spoke out, my voice breaking, as I continued to breath unsteadily.

"I...just wanted to talk with you." The boy in front of me avoided my eyes contact, his hand reaching for my face to gently wipe away my tears "...about yesterday."

My blood ran cold, "Yesterday?" I eagerly spoke.
Perhaps it wasn't a dream after all?
"Something happened yesterday?"

His eyes widened, sadness written all over his face for a short moment. When he let go of my hand, I sensed that something was going on.
Did I say something wrong?

"You don't remember?" Jungwon looked down, "Was it...that insignificant to you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Our kiss."

It wasn't a dream.

eunji's p.o.v end

"About yesterday..." Jungwon sat down, while putting the cup of water in front of Eunji, his intense gaze never once leaving her, "..when we kissed."

"Yeah?" Eunji looked up from the cup, a deep blush painting her cheeks as she remembered the events all over again.
It was true. All of it. She didn't dream any of it.

It was then when she noticed his serious expression, as he spoke, his cold voice cutting through her skin.

"It was a mistake."

Her blood froze, eyes widening, "...What?"

"It was a mistake. A terrible one. You should just..forget about it." Jungwon continued, his voice surprisingly stoic, nonchalant almost, "Forget about everything that happened yesterday."

"A mistake..?"
Something inside her broke. It was just like last time.
The day after she lost her first kiss. To no one other than him.

She was already avoiding looking at him, as her gaze was directed to the ground, while she tried her hardest to not cry again. But Lord, it was getting difficult.

"That's what I said last time." His gentle voice startled the girl, as he now stood in front of her.
Jungwon's quiet voice, ringed through her ears, while she couldn't believe her ears, "Last time when I kissed you."

"Wait..." It was then when it hit her, her eyes lighting up, "So you didn't-"

"Eunji, I'm sorry." He sounded agitated, "For not keeping my promise. For overstepping the boundaries I promised to respect. I know, I told you I would keep my feelings to myself and not ruin everything...to fully concentrate on taking care of you, but...I couldn't. I really couldn't."

"Jungwon, it's-"

The boy shook his head, "No, no it's not okay. I broke my promise. I couldn't hold myself back, Eunji. I'm sorry. That's why I avoided you yesterday and-"

"And...left me alone for the whole day?" The girl finished the sentence for him.

"And left you alone for the whole day." He repeated, sighing again, "Eunji, I don't want to wait anymore. I can't wait anymore. Yesterday...when I wasn't with you..I realised how much I wanted to be with you. How much I needed you to be by my side."

After a short moment, Jungwon continued, "I don't care, if you don't remember the things we did in the past or how our relationship used to be. I don't give a shit about the past anymore. I just want to be with you." He took her hand in his, "With or without the past."

Eunji gulped, her throat drying out. Does that mean she didn't need to tell him the truth anymore?
"What..do you mean by that?"

"I love you."

She now was at loss of words.

"I love you." Jungwon repeated, "Only you."

"Are you...serious?" The girl gulped again, feeling the butterflies in her stomach going crazy.

"What makes you think I'm not?" He chuckled lowly, tilting his head, "Yes, I am. I've never been more serious."

"Jungwon." The girl took a deep breath, finally gathering enough courage to stare back into the boy's eyes, "I-I won't give you an answer to your confession now, but tomorrow. I will tell you tomorrow."

"Why?" His gaze dropped slightly, "Why not now?"

Smiling widely, Eunji looked down shyly, "I can't find the right words right now...I want to answer you properly."

Her whole face was burning up and she felt so small under his intense gaze, that it was already getting out of hand.
Even though she has always been aware of his feelings, she couldn't help but be surprised the moment he voiced them out loud.

There was a short moment of silence.
"Alright then...So I guess, tomorrow is our day one?" He smirked, intertwining his hand with hers.

"I didn't even say anything yet!"

She was right. She hasn't said yes yet, but somehow the two of them knew that the feeling was mutual.
Eunji returned his feelings. Both her and Jungwon were sure of that.

"Whatever you say..." And before she knew it, he already pulled her into his arms, his gaze softening. He looked down, slightly biting his lower lip while trying his best not to smile, "You scared the shit out of me when you said you didn't remember."

"No, It's just..." Eunji confessed embarrassed, as she hid her face in the crook of his neck, making him chuckle again, "I thought I was just dreaming everything."

"So that's what you usually dream about..." Jungwon got interrupted by her playful hit after he teased her.
Rubbing his shoulder, he continued with the smirk still on his face, "I thought I was the only one going crazy because of yesterday."

"Don't worry...You weren't alone."

_________________________

"I almost forgot how your face looked like." Aera's sudden voice startled Eunji, as she turned around to the girl, "You are back. I thought you were going to stay at home forever."

Eunji nodded silently, deciding to not give the other any more attention than needed.
But then again she knew she couldn't be skipping school any longer if she wanted to at least pass this year, which is why she forced herself to still go to school today.
A mistake, as it appeared.

"You good? Forgot how to speak?" Aera didn't give up, taking the pen Eunji was holding into her own hand, before doodling little faces on the other girl's paper, "I didn't expect you to act so calmly. Especially now that Sangmi's going to be back."

Sangmi.
"What?" Eunji spoke up for the first time, surprise in her voice.

"You didn't know? Sangmi will return soon. She moved away a long time ago." Aera smirked, finally grabbing Eunji's attention, "But now she's back."

"That's...nice." Eunji smiled sadly. She had missed Sangmi and already started to worry about her, "I'm glad."

"No way.." Aera frowned slightly, gasping in disbelief, "You are not jealous? Not even a bit?"

"Why would I be?" She tilted her head in confusion, a weird feeling creeping up her throat. Taking back her pencil from Aera, she continued solving the tasks.

"It's Sangmi we are talking about right now." Aera talked in the same tone people spoke with kids and it was pissing Eunji off, "Jungwon's ex."

There was a scowl on Eunji's face.
"Ex? No, no you got this wrong." She shook her head, "He did like her for some time, but-"

"They dated."

Eunji's eyes widened, as she dropped her pencil, "When?"

"While you were gone."

The girl stayed quiet, still processing Aera's words.

"Yeah, for like a really long time too. I'm surprised you didn't know about this." The girl smirked, "I guess, the trust between you and Jungwon doesn't seem to be as good as I thought."

"You are lying." Eunji shook her head again.

"No, I'm not. I swear! I remember them being in a long distance relationship after Sangmi had moved away." Aera yawned, shrugging, "She broke it off a few months later. Something must have happened."

She stayed quiet, while Aera laughed amused at the other girl's reaction.

"Eunji, I'm saying this as your friend, okay?" Aera tried to suppress her grin, clearing her throat. Friend? Eunji scoffed.

"Jungwon dated Sangmi. If you want it or not, it's true. They were a thing! The whole time while you were gone."

Eunji stayed quiet. She didn't know how to react or feel about it. They were dating? While Eunji was in coma?
There was no way. There was no way Jungwon would have done that to her.
Was Aera actually telling the truth?
Or was it one of her false rumours again?

The other continued with a sinister gaze.
"Now that she's back don't you think, she could be a threat to you? And Jungwon? You know this yourself, Eunji.
Your relationship is at stake."

:¨·.·¨:
'·. please vote and comment if you enjoyed reading this chapter<3 °*゚

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

19.9K 517 25
All those years ago, those dreadful long years, during a certain detectives time in the rangers, he was accompanied by mouse and another teammate. T...
95K 6.3K 22
── if i was her, would you love me back? 「 A story of a typical high school student secretly falling in love with her best friend, but then o...
264K 9.4K 45
Maybe it was the last caffeine drink that brought them into each other's life, and maybe it's not a bad thing at the end of the day. Falling into eac...
85.7K 4.2K 32
❝ 𝘪 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 . . . ❞ ❏ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘫𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘸𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘢 ❏ ──── just an alternate universe // a y...