The lost pogue

By Merl021

This is the second installment of my first book, "The Original Pogue" OC x JJ Season 2 Start: 18/12/21 More

Introduction
Cast List
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 -JJ POV
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 1

3.7K 60 36
By Merl021

"Hey Sarah?" a voice whispers from the bed above where my makeshift bed is. By makeshift bed I mean a towel, a blanket and a pillow. Living the life of luxury. 

"Wanna get married?" John B whispers again. 

Hold the fucking phone. What? 

"No" Sarah replies nonchalantly as I shoot upwards and turn towards the pair. John B looks at me with a confused expression, to which I reply with a concerned, 'are you okay in the head' kinda look. 

He rolls his eyes at me before turning back to Sarah. 

"Well how come?" he asks

"You don't have any prospects" she replies sleepily. 

"And.. ya know... a few other factors like... you know this is just off the top of my head... the fact that we're on a boat in the middle of nowhere, as wanted criminals, while our entire friends and family think we're dead." I pause as Sarah lets out a small giggle, "But you guys are right, that's just a minor detail. You guys get married. As long as I can officiate" 

"Shut up Jules" John B whispers, but I can hear the amusement in his tone.

"I'm serious now" John B continues, his attention back on Sarah, "come here" 

"If you two start kissing right now, I swear to god I will throw you both overboard" I groan as I flop back down on the floor. 

I tune out of their conversation, allowing my mind to wander as my fingers trail up to grasp my necklace. 

How's JJ coping right now? Is he finding a way to let me go and move on with his life? I hope so. I really hope he's not going off the rails, using drinks and drugs to cope with his grief. I hope the three of them are leaning on each other, helping one another through the rough patch, healing as group, recognising the holes are there but learning to live as a trio. 

But I have a nagging feeling he's not okay at all. As far as he knows, he lost his best friend. His brother. The one he spent most of his life with. The one who never left him and was always there to help him when things got bad. As far as he knows, he lost me as well. John B said that JJ would never recover if he lost me, just as I said the same about him. I just hope we were both wrong. 

I'm pulled out of my depressing thoughts by the door opening, 

"Morning lovebirds." he greets before turning to me, "Skipper." he says with a nod and a small smile, "coming into port"

"Why thank you old man. And I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed this trip. I would give it a recommendation to everyone if I didn't think you'd get arrested for the contraband" I reply, making him chuckle, but there's something behind his eyes that makes my brows furrow. There's a bit of guilt, but a lot of anticipation and excitement? What's going on? 

"Don't you worry about me getting arrested young one. But you best not be on board without a passport if you know what I'm saying" he says vaguely. I have a bad feeling. 

"Yeah I hear you" John B replies

"You guys can go on my bridge" he continues, practically ushering us out the door. John B and Sarah go first, but I wait for a beat eyeing him up. He matches my gaze and nods towards the door. I follow the two of them up, knowing that even if it is a trap, we'll be together. 

"Hey, I really appreciate you captain" John B says sincerely as we reach the top. Looking down, I can see a flash of guilt across his eyes, but it's gone as quickly as it came. 

"Stay put. Don't come out" he replies before shutting the door. 

I immediately turn to the other two, but they've walked over towards the window

"Dude, I've never been to a foreign country before" John B says in awe as we stare at the green land spanning out next to the crystal water. 

"Welcome to Nassau" Sarah smiles

"It's beautiful" I whisper, staring out at the island, "JJ would love this. They all would" I say before I could stop the words. They both turn towards me, sympathy lining their eyes. 

"Yeah. They would" John B says softly as I shake my head to rid the tears that have filled my eyes. 

Obviously trying to change the mood Sarah points out her house, sorry not house, palace on the coast. 

"Holy mary mother of god!" I exclaim, "that's your house!" 

John B's face mirrors the shock that I feel. Just when you think someone can't be any richer, BANG, they have a mansion in the bahamas. 

"Maybe we could crash for a couple of nights?" John B asks, making me roll my eyes. 

"Hey dad, I'm alive by the way, and I'm also thinking about getting married. Can we crash?" Sarah replied sarcastically. 

"Never know. Ward could've had a mass personality change since our departure" I shrug my shoulders. 

"Yeah, just fish around his house for the gold he stole?" John B adds. 

"Guys. We are fugitives. In a foreign country" Sarah said seriously, making all our smiles drop instantly. 

"Yeah, we get it" John B nods, sounding defeated

"We just have to be careful" Sarah adds, looking at him directly

"Yeah, we got it. No need to worry" I say sending a reassuring smile, even if I'm lying to us all. 

***

As the setting sun glistens over the water, I look over at John B and Sarah, arm around one another gazing at the mesmerising view. The pure love between those two makes my heart melt, and I'm so unbelievably happy that my two best friends found each other. 

However, my smile soon slips off my face as I look down at the port. You sneaky little fucker. 

Down below I see 3 official looking men enter the boat. 

"Guys." I say voice tense making them look over, "you know how I said we shouldn't worry? I lied. We should definitely worry, and we should definitely run"  

They run over to my side and see what I'm seeing. 

"Shit" John B whispers, before frantically looking around, "Okay, okay" he quietly mutters to himself before grabbing a chair and smashing one of the windows. 

"Use your words Johnny, use your words" I say, wide eyed. 

"No, no. He's right. We gotta jump out the window" Sarah says as she climbs out and jumps.

"Oh of course. My bad, I didn't switch my telepathy to your private wavelength. I'll be sure to do that next time" I comment before John B gives me a deadpan look and points at the window. 

"Jeez I'm going" I say, starting to climb as we hear a bang below us, "Okay now I'm actually going" I say seriously as I climb through the window and jump down to sarah. 

"Where's John B?" Sarah asks, as we both look back to the boat. 

"Hey stop! Stop!" an unfamiliar voice calls from above as John B jumps off the boat. 

"Always the liability" I whisper under my breath as we climb onto the sidewalk and start running, following sarah. 

"Left" Sarah says as we swiftly change direction, nearly causing me to kiss the floor. 

"Sorry, excuse me, love your hat, on your right" are some of the things I shout as we sprint through the marketplace, dodging people left right and centre. 

Suddenly Sarah cuts behind a stall as John B grabs my hand and yanks me with them. 

"It is far too hot for this shit" I whisper as John B nudges me to shut up, like mate, they didn't just hear us screaming through the streets?

"Okay, I think I know of a place that we can hold up okay?" Sarah says before grabbing John B's hand and walking away, John B's eyes never leaving her. 

I look down at my hands sigh and clasp them together before walking after them, hoping Sarah knows where she's going. 

***

"Fuckkk me gently this is fancy" I say as we gaze up at the hotel. There's a few beats of silence, so I turn to the others to see their weirded out expressions. 

"Oh calm down children is an expression. I'm not looking for a threesome" I say as I roll my eyes. 

"Sarah are you sure about this?" John B asks, concern evident in his voice. 

"Relax, it's the safest place for us to be right now" Sarah responds 

As we walk into this palace, I try to keep myself contained. When really I have a million things I wanna say. 

"Looks a little spenny no?" John B asks

"Just act like you know what you're doing" Sarah says as she walks of. 

"Obviously" I chuckle, making John B chuckle next to me, "Obviously" he repeats before we follow. 

"And smile and say hi to people" Sarah says

"Okay I got it" John B whispers harshly before saying hi to some people. He then proceeds to nearly knock them over as Sarah pulls him in the right direction. 

"Wow. Smooth criminal you are" I whisper

"Shut up" he replies but he can't contain his laugh. 

"Excuse me" a voice comes from behind us, making us turn around, "may I help you?" a man asks

"actually yes, do you have any bottled water?" Sarah asks before turning around and grabbing two glasses of some sort of cocktail and handing one to John B. Rude

"I am so parched" Sarah continues, but I don't care what she's saying. I just want whatever is in those glasses, "I can't wait to get out of these clothes..."

Sarah continues talking, but because I was behind John B and Sarah, I slowly back away and creep round the corner without the weird front desk guy knowing. 

I wait here for a few seconds before Sarah and John B come round the corner. 

"Done playing honeymoon?" I ask, making Sarah chuckle

"Where did you go?" 

"Well, I figured you'd be able to sell a romantic getaway weekend at a fancy hotel better than a thruple weekend" I say as I follow her up the stairs. 

"You really are thinking about thruples and threesomes a lot today. Has JJ taken over your body?" John B asks as we climb up onto the roof. 

"What can I say, my mind wanders when I have to third wheel all day" I reply before my eyes set on the view. 

"Wow" I whisper

"You didn't tell me that you lived on a beach that's just filled with rollers that just slide in all day" John B says in awe. 

"Yeah, we used to come here as kids, when we were building the vacation house right over there" Sarah replies, pointing to the mansion we saw early. 

"House? Yeah if you say so" I scoff, but I'm ignored. 

"That's probably where the gold is" John B says, excitement lining his voice

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid" Sarah says turning to him. 

"Well, Sarah Cameron, I do stupid things all the time without realizing it" John B replies. 

"Stupid things have good outcomes all the time" I mutter quietly to myself as my hand travels up to my necklace, finding some comfort with is ring before listen back into their conversation. 

"I know you wanna go over there" Sarah says as John B looks bored, "but there is a gate. There's security. There's patrols. It's a death trap."

"Okay, but just think about it. If I can get some money...no, real money, okay? I can get a lawyer. We can clear our names and we can go home." John B argues as Sarah and I listen and contemplate. On the one hand, Sarah has a great point about us tripping the security, but on the other we literally have nothing to lose. She's not the one with a life time sentence over her head that needs clearing. We are. 

"Look, the gold is only gonna be there for a few days, and after that, it's gone. It's gone forever. The world thinks we're dead. It's perfect. We just go, hop over the gate, steal some gold."

"And home in time for dinner" I comment. Again. Ignored. Am I even speaking at this point? 

"No" Sarah says, making John B groan, "You two are wanted. It's way too dangerous. Please promise me" 

I start shaking me head at John B behind Sarah's back, but his response makes my bite back a groan and roll my eyes. 

"I promise" 

Do you balls mate. I give him a, "we both know that's a lie look" but he averts his gaze back to Sarah. They high five before Sarah turns back around to me. 

"Besides, we have a super sweet crib" she says. 

"Indeed we do. But I could do with some food. Anyone?" I ask as they return my question with enthusiastic nods. 

**

"oooooo Reggae music. I like" I say as we walk over to the source of the music.

"God. Come to mama." I say as we beeline to the food table, instantly consuming whatever we see. 

John B picks up a platter and walks away from us both.

"You taking the whole thing?" Sarah asks as we follow him, basically inhaling whatever fish type things are on these spoons. God they're good. 

Suddenly the funky reggae transitions into a slow song as Sarah and John B lock gazes. 

John B hands the plate off to me as he grabs Sarah's hands and speaks, 

"Hey Val" he says

"Hey vlad" she replies, a soft smile on her face as she looks up at him in admiration.

"Do you wanna dance?" he asks.

Sarah's gaze meets mine, and I give her an encouraging smile that causes a grin to spread across her face as John B takes her over to the dance floor. 

I put the platter of food on the side, picking at the food as I watch the couple dance slowly in the setting sun. Their eyes stay locked on each other as they move as one. I'm so unbelievably happy for them, but nothing can stop the pang of sadness and jealousy that hits my heart. Here they are with their significant other, making memories and sharing an adventure together while JJ and I are separated. They're dancing as one, while JJ doesn't even know if I'm alive.

I would give anything to be in his arms right now. To run my hand through his blonde locks as he sleeps. To be sat on the HMS pogue, making inappropriate jokes while drinking a beer with our friends.  

I hadn't realised that the tears had escaped until I feel a pair of arms wrap around me as Sarah's scent hits me. 

"Hey. You're okay. We're okay" she whispers softly, but it doesn't help. It doesn't help my aching heart and it doesn't help stop the tears. 

I break away to see the sympathetic looks on the couple's faces. I quickly wipe the tears before speaking, 

"I umm, I'm just gonna go for a walk on the beach. You know, sort myself out. I kinda just need to be alone right now" I say quietly. 

"You sure?" John B asks worriedly 

"Yeah, I'll be up in a bit I promise" I say as I walk away. Sarah thinks I'm out of ear shot when she next speaks, but I hear her words clear as day, 

"Told you she wasn't okay" 

And she was right. I'm not okay. Not even close. 

***

After walking down the beach for a while, I decide to sit down and watch the sunset. 

I reach up and hold my necklace as I do, hoping that somehow he can feel me out here. Feel that I'm alive and yearning to be back at his side. 

"I love you Jay. I love you so much" I whisper, pressing a kiss to his ring. 

I sit for a few more minutes before a piece of paper comes flying past my feet. I pick it up to see a drawing. An amazing sketch of the sunset I'm currently watching. 

"Hey!" A voice shouts, "you caught it!" 

I look up to see a dark skinned boy running down the beach from behind me, holding other pieces of paper. 

I quickly wipe my tears and stand up to look at him.

"I'm guessing this is yours?" I ask with a chuckle, "it's amazing" I say truthfully. 

His smile widens and I instantly feel comfortable around him.

"Yeah, thanks for catching it. It wasn't pinned down, one gust of wind and whoosh. There it went. You'd think I'd be used to it by now but apparently not" 

I chuckle at his rambles, "well here you go..." I trail off, not knowing his name. 

"Philip" he says, as he extends his hand

I shake it as I reply, "Nice to meet you Philip, I'm Juliet" 

"Nice to meet you. You on vacation?" he asks

"Yeah, my friends and I are staying in that hotel up there. Our parents are joining us next week" I lie

"Ahh, very nice" 

"Speaking of" I say, noticing how the sky was darkening, "I should probably get back before they start to worry" 

"Oh, Yeah no problem" he says, almost sounding disappointed. 

"It was nice to meet you. Maybe I'll see you around in the next few weeks?" I say, adding to my lie. 

"Yeah maybe" he smiles as I wave and walk off. I don't get very far as he calls my name, making me turn around. 

Philip runs over, handing me a sheet of paper. I look at the paper to see a sketch of a girl gazing at a sunset. You wouldn't be able to tell its me except the sketch is from and angle at which you can see the girl holding a ring attached to the necklace, and the details on her shirt. 

"Is this..." I trail off in question 

"Yeah.." he says, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly, "I wanted you to have it. I'm not some creep that goes round drawing people by the way. I just felt compelled to draw that moment. There was something so raw and emotional about that moment. It was just a feeling in the air. Sorry if I invaded your privacy"

"No, no, it's fine. This is amazing. Thank you" I smile genuinely 

"Yeah no problem. Bye Juliet, hope to see you soon" he says 

"Bye Philip" I reply as I walk back to the hotel, staring at the drawing of myself. The drawing that depicts a lost girl staring out to the horizon, hoping she could follow it home. 

**

"Oh thank god" John B whispered as I walked up the stairs to the roof, "We thought you'd done a runner" 

"Me? Never" I smile solemnly. 

I look over to see Sarah fast asleep on the deck chair. 

"She tried to stay awake, but I told her to sleep" John B says causing me to nod. 

"Jules" he whispers, making me bring my eyes back to him, "talk to me" 

Almost instantly, the tears return to my eyes. 

"I miss him Johnny. I miss him so fucking much" I sob, as John B instantly pulls me into a hug

"I know. I know" he whispers, as I sob into his chest

"I'm scared" I whisper

"Why?" John B says, 

"I'm scared that JJ won't be able to handle losing us both. I know Kie and Pope will be there for him, but what if he can't handle it, what if he goes off the rails, what if-"

"Shhhhhhh. That's a lot of what ifs Jules. And there's no way of knowing what JJ is going through, but you and I both know that boy will not be giving up hope until there is clear confirmation of our deaths. And we also know that Kie and Pope would never give up on him okay?" 

I nod, despite the fact that it doesn't help the pain. 

"I should be with him" I whisper, "we should of never have been separated" I say as I pull away from the hug. 

John B looks at me in question, as my defiant eyes meet his. 

"This stupid gold is what separated us. It's what put this warrant over our heads."

"Jules, what are you saying?" he asks as I set my gaze on Sarah's house. 

"I'm saying, I'm not losing JJ for nothing. I refuse to believe we put ourselves through all that for nothing"

I turn back to look him dead in the eye, and and I can tell he knows what I'm thinking by the way the corner of his mouth tugs a little.

"I'm saying let's go get that fucking gold" 

He smiled mischievously as he replies, "I'm in" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 of season 2!

Fair warning, I'm gonna say it again, UPDATES WILL BE SLOWWWW!

I decided not add the messages home letting the pogues know they were alive, as I think it would of made the reunion better in the series!

Hope you enjoyed 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543K 17.9K 35
i shut my eyes and all the world drops dead. j. maybank x fem!oc outer banks, season one
320K 4.1K 200
Just a bunch of Jiara oneshots. Be sure to check out part 2!
715K 19.8K 51
If I'm on fire, you'll be made of ashes too. JJ MAYBANK / FEM!OC OBX SEASON 1 FIRST DRAFT ⸻ 05/08/20 → 07/17/20 EDITED ⸻ 02/09/23 → 04/19/23 #1st in...
4.3M 95.3K 107
"She found colours to paint him where the world had left him grey." Season One : Completed Season Two : Completed Started Season 1 : 18th April 2020 ...