i know it's for the better |...

By poedjarin

"I know it's for the better. I never grew up with you And you're not my waiting room" ✫ or where ✫ Patrick Vo... More

disclaimer
I KNOW IT'S FOR THE BETTER
rewrite of dark paradise
playlist one
prologue
THOR (0)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.2)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.3)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.4)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.6)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.7)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.8)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.9)
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER (2.1)
Dear Reader

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.5)

493 22 4
By poedjarin

𓆩✪𓆪

21st April 2012
Helicarrier, CLASSIFIED

Loki stops pacing and lifts his head slowly before turning around, and there, standing at the other end of this cage he's trapped in is one of the agents who put him here.

"The Agent," He grins, turning fully to watch her, he looks behind her, the door is closed, completely sealed so there's no escape that way for him, "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

He's shocked they allowed her in there, with him, the monster. He watches her stare at him blankly as she lifts a small first aid box that is in her hands, shaking it at him as if to point out the obvious, "Wouldn't want you bleeding out now would we?"

He fakes a pout and makes his eyes appear much softer, they stay trained on her as she moves a little closer, "You care?"

Rolling her eyes she walks across the cage and takes a seat on the bench, "Relax, buttercup, protocol."

She taps the spot beside her and he hesitates for a moment before slowly walking over and sitting beside her as she takes out some equipment.

She holds her hand out and gestures for him to give her his hand, but he doesn't. He just stares at her unblinking, "If I was going to kill you it wouldn't be with disinfectant wipes and bandages. It'd be painful and you'd wish to be dead for hours before I finally take your miserable little life." She offers a sweet smile and he quickly hands over his hand, this time with no hesitation whatsoever.

The cut isn't deep, just a scratch across all of his knuckles, there's dry blood across his hand but the bleeding has stopped by now.

Without warning she dabs at the wound making him hiss and snatch his hand away quickly. Rolling her eyes she grabs his hand and pulls it, a little rougher than she probably should've, back to her lap and continues to dab at the wound to clean it.

"Relax, you baby."

She cleans the blood from his hand and grabs a bandage, "Your hands are really cold." She mutters to herself as she focuses on wrapping the bandage perfectly around his large hand.

"Well, your hands are really warm." He mutters back in a childish tone.

He isn't lying, they warm up his cold fingertips in a way he's never felt before. He's always been used to being cold all the time, to not being able to warm up, but the way her soft hands hold his, it makes him feel like he's on fire.

He watches her carefully as she rips the bandage, not stupid enough to bring a blade in with her, she ties it off and packs the stuff away.

"You trust me." Loki says watching her zip up the bag and put it back beside her, she turns to face him again and raises a brow.

His cold hand creates goosebumps across her skin as his hand reaches up and brushes the fallen hair from her face. He tucks the hair behind her ear and tilts his head as he allows his eyes to trace every familiar feature of her face.

His hand trails down her face and then he grabs her neck, he lifts the necklace from around her neck. His thumb pushes down on the purple jewels so hard he pricks his own skin. Then he drops the necklace and his fingers grip her neck tightly.

"Do you know how easy it is to kill you when you're all alone?" He mutters squeezing just slightly on the sides of her neck.

He feels something pressing against his temple and glances to the side to see her holding a gun against his head. "A girl's best friend."

She grins as she feels his grip on her neck loosening and she brings the gun back to her side.

"Face it, Lookey, I'm always going to be one step ahead of you, I know how guys like you think."

"Guys like me?" He stands and she steps back, she never realised how much taller he was, compared to her height of five foot four.

"I assure you, Agent Volkova," He slowly walks towards her, "There are no men like me."

"I never said men."

Loki studies her intently, she turns to leave, "Keep the first aid kit, you might need it." But he doesn't want her to go yet, he's not finished just yet. He wants to know more, to learn about her and the team, he wants company.

"You're a smart one. And you also put up a good fight, any normal mortal would've been beaten in seconds, Dove." Patrick scrunches her face at the name but then quickly ignores it not giving him the satisfaction of retaliating.

"I'm honoured." She says sarcastically, once again turning to leave.

"Aren't you supposed to interrogate me? Ask me why I'm here? What I want?"

Sighing, she stops again, "Okay," She swipes her tongue across the top row of teeth and takes a breath in through her nose, sighing as if this is a waste of her time. "I'll play your game, why are you here?"

He pursues his lips as he stops his pacing to look at her, hands clasped behind his back, head tilting down at her, "I'm here to rule your worthless planet."

She folds her arms across her chest and nods, "We'll stop you." She says confidently.

Loki chuckles a little and shakes his head at the young girl, "Why are you so confident in them?"

"They're my team," She replies, "If we don't believe in each other, we fail."

"Trust me, they're no team. They can barely stay in the same room together, you have so much potential, Dove, get me out of here and I'll show you how to use the power that bubbles deep inside of you. Don't you want to prove yourself, Agent Volkova, isn't that why you joined S.H.I.E.L.D? To prove you can save people, to prove that you could have saved your father?"

She steps back and watches as a slow grin takes over his face, "I'll help you."

"What do you mean?" She asks furrowing her brows as she gazes up at him.

Loki smiles to himself and steps closer to the girl, a sinister look in his eyes, "This team, they're pathetic, if they find out what you can do, they'll fear you. Lock you up in a cage just like this, but with me? I'll embrace that power. Together," He steps closer again, "We can avenge your father, find the man that ruined your childhood."

"Power?" She repeats as she steps closer, it takes everything in her not to break at the mention of her father, or the man from her dreams, "But, you're in here, and there are more skilled Agents than me. They're already winning."

Loki nods and smiles again. It turns into a wicked grin as he speaks, "They're not winning, they're right where I want them to be, their pathetic team is going to rip each other apart from the inside out!" He yells slamming his hand against the glass making her jump back a step.

"What do you mean by that?" She asks barely above a whisper, her eyes look around his face looking for a small hint in what his words mean.

He steps forward and looks at the eagerness in her face, "It means my plan is already in motion."

"Let's say, I metaphorically join you," She clears her throat and straightens her shoulders out trying to look much less intimidated than she actually is, "What's your plan?"

"You get me out of here and that will be one step we can cross off. This team they have is going to tear each other apart; all they need to do is be in the same room together. Surely their beast is going to get a little agitated and break-lose if he gets a little too overwhelmed? When the beast is loose, we break out, take my sceptre and I'll take you to the Tesseract, I'll show you things you can only dream of."

Patrick steps back and smirks, placing a finger on her ear piece, "You hear that, Nick? His plan is to go after Banner."

"We hear you, Volkova." Nick says over the ear piece.

Loki looks down at her with furrowed brows as he stumbles back slightly, surprised he had been outsmarted by her of all people.

"Well, thank you for the job offer," She sighs and clicks her tongue, hands clasping behind her back like his had been earlier, "But I am going to have to disrespectfully decline."

She turns and walks out of the room, calling over her shoulder, "Keep the gun, it's not even loaded."

𓆩✪𓆪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3K 196
A collection of fanfiction for the Black Widow movie. There are going to be some spoilers, so if you're all good with that, then feel free to come on...
87.2K 3.5K 70
"It is my duty and an honor for my family and my future kingdom." "But, what is you want to do?" You have been best friends with T...
1.1M 26.6K 144
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤." (𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐱 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤) 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤'𝐬...
189K 5.4K 19
We all have our demons. Some have more, some have less, and occasionally, some have one on their team. --------------------------- Y/n L/n is a demon...