i know it's for the better |...

By poedjarin

"I know it's for the better. I never grew up with you And you're not my waiting room" ✫ or where ✫ Patrick Vo... More

disclaimer
I KNOW IT'S FOR THE BETTER
rewrite of dark paradise
playlist one
prologue
THOR (0)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.2)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.4)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.5)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.6)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.7)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.8)
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.9)
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER (2.1)
Dear Reader

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.3)

649 25 3
By poedjarin

𓆩✪𓆪

CLASSIFIED

An elderly man slowly rises, Patrick can't hear what they're saying from her position, but by the way the man is slowly walking towards him, he doesn't like it, she waits for Steve's signal anxiously.

A woman notices Patrick slowly rising since the man's back is to her, she grabs her hand and shakes her head, "Don't be a hero, please, sit down."

"Relax, we're here to help. Heroes are what we are."

She whispers to her in German and winks as she shakes off her hand and approaches slowly.

Patrick begins to creep forward just as the man says, "Look to your elder people," She looks around for Steve still not seeing him, "Let him be an example."

"Mr Freeze, now would be a good time to show yourself." She watches as the man slowly raises his staff-like weapon and points it at the man.

He shoots his sceptre towards the man and a blue energy blasts towards him, but Captain America jumps in front of the blast deflecting it with his shield easily as the crowd gasps, taken aback by his appearance.

"You know the last time I was in Germany, and saw a man standing above everyone else, we ended up disagreeing."

"The soldier," Loki says to Cap, he turns to look at Patrick who is now approaching them from the side, her steps slow and calculated as she holds a dagger hidden by her sleeve, "And the Agent. The man out of time and the girl who doesn't know her real potential."

"Woman." Patrick corrects.

"I'm not the one who's out of time." Steve answers ignoring Patrick's running commentary.

The jet hovers above them and deploys its weapons system, training the guns on him, "Loki, put the weapon down." Nat calls over the comms.

Loki lifts his sceptre and shoots at the jet, Nat dodges the blast by swerving upwards, as Steve throws his shield knocking Loki back, "Volkova, help these people get out of here."

Patrick helps an elderly woman down some steps before running over to a man that was being trampled.

"Hey, hey, hey," She yells trying to get people to walk around the man, "He's freaking out 'ere! Walk around! Around! Ma'am," She points at the woman who, despite her shouts, still walks over the man, sticking her nose up as she does, "Definitely a Karen, thank you, Karen! That was really helpful, you're so helpful." She offers an over the top sarcastic smile at the woman who is still taking her time and getting in the way of people as they leave.

The man thanks her and she sends him on his way as she makes sure everyone else has left, "Volkova, is the area secure?"

"Yep."

After safely getting them out she returns to find Steve down and Loki about to shoot him, she grabs a dagger throwing it at his hand.

He looks behind him quickly, forgetting the patriot lying before him vulnerable. He brings his hand into himself and watches as a drop of blood traces over his knuckles, when he is distracted Patrick takes her chance.

She slides across the floor kicking his staff out of his hand and twists herself around to trip him up.

She reaches for her baton that is resting on her lower back, she extends it into a staff with a simple flick down of her wrist. Twirling it above her head she runs at him.

Loki reaches for his sceptre and stands quickly, blocking her hit with his sceptre and swiping her feet with his foot, she lands on the floor and holds her staff up so he can't mind control her with the tip of the sceptre.

She grits her teeth as he uses all his weight to push down, the staff just reaching the fabric of her suit before she kicks herself up and headbutts him causing him to stumble backwards.

She quickly kicks herself up and then hits his sceptre out of his reach, "Volkova!" She ducks, tucking into herself to roll out of the way as Steve throws his shield sending Loki backwards.

Loki quickly gets up and blasts Patrick back, she groans as the blue energy engulfs her and throws her down the steps of the building.

She gasps, arching her back off the floor as the wind is knocked out of her and she tries to catch her breath. "Shit."

Suddenly she sees a red and gold suit flying above them, AC/DC begins to play over the PA system making her chuckle slightly (still widened as she coughs) while she gets back up and walks towards where Loki now lays with Captain America and Iron Man standing over him.

"Nice of you to join us, Mr Stark."

The mask opens up to reveal Tony smugly smiling as he looks down at the God, "Nice to see you again, thief."

She winces, neck tucking towards her shoulder, "You remember me?"

"Do I remember the girl who stole my most prized possession?"

"A watch is your most prized possession?" She asks.

"No, my dignity is."

"Sorry... again. If it makes you feel better I was punished by Agent Coulson."

He raises his brow, "What did Agent do? Make you read?"

She frowns and turns away from him, her gaze lands on Loki and takes her baton from her thigh, hitting him across the head with it, "Now we're even, kind of." She places it back in her holster. "That's for knocking me down the stairs."

"Did you really have to?" Steve asks, sighing as he leans around Tony to look at her.

Patrick just nods her head as if it was obvious, "I am very good at holding a grudge, I would've waited years to knock him down some more stairs just to get even."

-

Patrick sits opposite Loki watching his every move, the way his eyes shift across to her then the others, the way he scrunches his brows as if he's in a battle with himself deep in his mind.

She crosses her arms and legs and leans back while the others contact Fury at the front of the jet.

"You're anxious," She observes as she tilts her head at him, "Why?" The lightning flashes outside making him flinch and she hides her smirk pretending she doesn't notice.

"I read about you. Loki," She says his name with a bitter tinge, as if she's making fun of him for it, "God of Mischief, we had a visit from your brother last year." She hoped the mention of the other Asgradian would rile him up, as he did try to kill him a year ago, but nothing.

She tries a different approach to get him to open up, "What they do? Send you to Earth for your timeout, your majesty?"

Still he does nothing, just looks up at her every now and then, brows still furrowed as his fingers fiddle with each other in his lap.

She scoffs, leaning her head back against the wall, she stretches her neck until a pop sounds then lets out a quiet groan. "Must be hard, having all those riches, all those people waiting on you hand and foot as a prince."

Still, nothing, he simply looks away when she opens her eyes again, looking him up and down.

"Well guess what, Prince Lockey? Daddy can't get you out of this one."

His eyes finally snap up to her, blue staring right through her, she almost flinches, almost, "I don't need him for anything."

Bingo. The old daddy issues trick, always works. Everytime, without fail.

A smirk slowly turns one side of her lips upwards as she leans forward slowly, elbows resting on her knees as her head tilts. "Is that so? You're gonna face the consequences by yourself, big man?"

She stands and walks over to him slowly, a dagger between her fingers, "I've met boys like you, I've killed and maimed boys like you, and in their last moments," She moves forward quickly, dagger pressed against the skin of his neck making him flinch his eyes quickly going up to hers, "They always cry out for their father."

"Kid, don't play with your food." Tony scolds, she smirks at the god who stares up at her, he gulps, Adam's apple bobbing as she returns her dagger to her thigh and steps back while continuing to watch him carefully.

Patrick returns to the other side of the jet, retaking her seat opposite him and leaning back as she spreads herself out to get comfortable.

She watches the lightning dance through the sky, she watches how Loki flinches every time the light flickers or the thunder rumbles, watches him tense, his arms flexing and fingers squeezing each other.

The others finally pick up on it, raising their brows as Steve questions, "What's the matter, afraid of a little lightning?"

"I'm not exactly fond of what follows."

Patrick quickly sits up when she realises. Why he's so skittish, why he's on edge.

"Shit," She mutters under her breath, she leaves her seat to head for Nat and Tony, "Guys, remember his brother?"

A loud thud comes from the roof and Tony opens the hanger door. A large blonde man stomps towards Tony and pushes him back with so much force he hits into the wall at the front of the jet. He walks towards Loki grabbing his neck harshly as Patrick runs towards them with her staff.

"Sorry, big guy," She says as her hand latches onto Loki's wrist and she tugs him back with a surprising amount of strength, placing one hand on his back to stop him from stumbling into her, "He's being brought in for questioning."

"Let go." The man says simply, "I do not wish to harm you, Lady Warrior."

He pushes her back a little harsher than he intended to, Loki, who's wrist is still clutched in her hand, twists his arm and catches her own wrist, dropping her to the floor gently before allowing his brother to drag him away with a smirk.

Thor swings his hammer before jumping out of the jet leaving them to do nothing but watch.

"Another Asgardian?" Steve questions and Patrick nods as she tugs on her braid slightly, "That guy's a friendly?" This time she shrugs.

"Doesn't matter," Tony says, "If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost."

Tony begins walking towards the open hanger door but Steve yells after him. "Stark, we need a plan of attack!"

"I have a plan," Tony says as he turns away from the group, "Attack!" He flies out of the jet and Steve sighs.

Patrick follows Steve, both of them grabbing a parachute; Steve quickly pulls his on, "I'd sit this one out, Cap." Patrick tells him, as she pats his shoulder, he moves himself away from her, eyeing the shoulder she'd touched and the warmth that spreads through him.

"I don't see how I can."

"She's right, Cap," Nat says looking back as she tries to steady the jet, "These guys come from legend, they're practically God."

"There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."

Patrick raises a brow at his comment, "Didn't you know, time machine? God is a woman."

She winks before giving a salute and falling backwards out of the jet, arms spread wide as the air around her carries her to where she wants to go.

She spots Loki and flies towards him, holding her legs closed and arms to her side. As she gets closer she doesn't even open her parachute; she just kicks him down and rolls over landing on her hands and feet a few paces away.

"Miss me, Low-key?" She quickly gets up and aims her gun at him.

He rolls his eyes while holding his hands up in surrender, grabbing his cape, she pulls him up dragging him towards the sounds of metal clashing against metal further in the distance.

She sighs as she watches Thor knock Tony backwards, Loki snickers at his brother resulting in a slap behind the head from Patrick.

The sound of gunshots echoes through the small forest causing the three men to look up at Patrick who holds a gun in the air and Loki's cape in her hand as she drags him behind her, "If you fellows are quite done, we have Psycho Sue, here to deal with."

The three look at each other before following her towards the landing Quinjet, "Lady Sue," Thor calls, making her raise one of her eyebrows at the name he called her, "I can take Loki." She passes the cloak to him and drops back to walk with Steve and Tony.

"That guy just called me Sue."

𓆩✪𓆪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 3.6K 49
❝I don't know anything about where I come from and that could make me dangerous, but I haven't let that affect me and because of that, I'm now doing...
6.7K 222 35
With no memory of her life before S.H.I.E.L.D. Cassie has to team up with a group of known superhero's to save the world. She has to travel through p...
47.4K 1.4K 49
Born, raised and bred through the Red Room. That is the life of a Boldyreva and it always will be. Until a little redhead looks like too much fun to...
66.9K 2.6K 98
Your mischievous older brother Loki is causing trouble on earth, your original home planet, its up to you and your other brother Thor to stop him. Ar...