Tomorrow's Promise: Mail Orde...

By XiomaraFernandez

Belinda Vargas grew up to be a beautiful fool but when her abusive husband dies. She would have to become a m... More

Chapter One Never Trust
Chapter Two Good-bye
Chapter Three Lonely
Chapter Four New Starts
Chapter Five Beautiful
Chapter Six Two different Men
Chapter Seven Proper Lady
Chapter Eight Not a hosue
Chapter Nine Missing
Chapter Ten Mistakes
Chapter Twelve Stronger
Chapter Thirteen Freedom
Chapter Fourteen Love?
Chapter Fifteen The Right Decision
Thank you, everyone!

Chapter Eleven Smiles

2.4K 81 8
By XiomaraFernandez

Chapter Eleven

               Belinda felt herself smile more then she has in a life time. After the accident with the rooster Kris didn’t leave the shotgun at the house. However, Molly stayed close to the house and they quickly became friends.  She started to show Belinda how to milk a cow and the correct way to gather eggs from the chicken coop without being mangled by the hens. However the best part was Molly showing her how to cook without anything burning. With Molly around she felt like she has made a friend for the very first time.

Belinda cooked her first meal with only a little bit of help from Molly. She was straight proud of the way the food turned outeven if it wasn’t prefect.   After blessing the meal Kris commented on how great everything looked and smelled. However overlooking that she slightly burnt the potatoes, the beans were a little mushy and the fried chicken looked a little to crispy.

“I want to tell you again that you did a mighty fine job on supper tonight. I’m really proud of you and a grand cook you are becoming.” Kris smiled at her over his slightly burnt potatoes. Belinda felt a blush creep up her face and she had to notice what a beautiful smile her husband had.

“Tomorrow is Sunday and we’ll be going to church after the milking get’s done.” Kris said before he took a bite of beans.

“Church, why would we be going to church?” Belinda said it so low that at first she didn’t think Kris heard her.

“Tomorrow is the Lords day so we’ll go and worship God with other believers!” Kris said it so straight forward that Belinda felt like she was missing something. David never wanted them to go to church the only time they were inside one was on their wedding day. It was only because David wanted to have a wedding to be the talk of the town. Belinda looked over at Kris and saw that he was eating everything she cooked even the burnt parts. Maybe if the people at church were like Kris then she could do it. How hard could it be to go inside a church? 

“Okay.” That’s all Belinda said though supper even when Kris said something to hear she would answer with one word sentences. Kris has been nothing but nice to her sense she got to the farm but if she did something to angry him at church. 

               After supper Kris went to get the large metal wash tub so she could take a bath. She boiled water and he brought in cold water from the spring. It took hours but finally Kris put the last bucket down and quickly left her alone to handle her business while he bathed in the spring. It felt heavenly to Belinda as she washed herself of the days work. After she was clean she washed her hair and quickly got dresses and sat close to the fire to dry her hair. She heard foot steps on the porch so she ran to the bedroom and laid down in bed with her eyes closed.  She heard Kris in the kitchen emptying out the bath tub and putting it up. Kris came into the room and she heard him taking off his boots. Tonight is going to be the night he takes you as his! IAll his sweetness-- it’s all an act.  David done the same thing when he wanted something from you. The voice in her head told her and Belinda got scared for a moment until another voice came into her thoughts. He won’t hurt you my love.  I promise I will always protect you! That voice claimed Belinda and as Kris laid on the bed she fell asleep.

The slap came as soon as Belinda step foot back in the house after going on a walk outside. Something she knew it was going to get her in trouble but she wanted some fresh air. Married only two weeks she knew that David was more hateful then her own father.

 “Belinda where in the world were you? I won’t have my own wife being unfaithful!” David pulled back his arm and hit her again and again. “Is this what you like Belinda me having to show you who’s in charge?” Belinda kept the tears inside because she knew if she cried the beatings would get worse. All she wanted was someone to help her  to save her.

Belinda awoke in a terror,  but she felt an arm holding her tight. She almost screamed but remembered where she was. Safe in bed with Kris who was the one holding her tight- not David. Belinda turned in bed until she was facing Kris, he looked younger as he slept. For no apparent reason she felt a blush come across her face. She wanted to touch his shaggy, blonde, hair. She reached out to run her fingers though his hair and was surprised that it felt softer then it looked. She then ran her fingers down the length of his handsome face.  She looked down to his lips and wondered what it would feel like to kiss him. The only man she ever kissed was David and she hated the kisses he gave her. Would it be any different with this man in front of her? Belinda’s eyes traveled back up his face and she wished she could look into his beautiful gray-blue eyes. As if reading her thoughts Kris opened his eyes.  They were heavy with sleep but he smiled at her. She didn’t know what possessed her but she closed her eyes and kissed him. The kiss wasn’t disgusting but sweet she didn’t know what else to do so she just left her lips on his.  Before long Kris was kissing her and she let him take control of the kiss. She felt Kris put his hand on top of her cheek and a warm feeling came into her heart. She pulled back and opened her eyes, Kris kept his eyes closed for only a minute and slowly opened his eyes also. A charming smile came across his face and leaned his forehead against hers.

“What was that for?” Kris said so sweetly. Belinda closed her eyes because she didn’t know how to answer that question. She didn’t know what came over her all she knew was that she wanted to kiss him only once. She wanted to be honest with him so she said the truth.

“I really do not know what came over me!” Belinda felt her face heat up but she still kelp her eyes closed.

“Belinda please open your eyes and look at me. It’s okay that you want to kiss me I’m your husband. There is nothing that you should be shamed of.” Kris told her softly. Belinda opened her eyes and held his for a second before she finally looked away. She turned away from him and faced the wall.

“So would it be ok to kiss again?” Belinda said it so softly she hoped he didn’t hear.

“I would love to kiss you again!” Belinda heard the smile in his voice. She felt him put his arm around her and pull her towards his chest.

“Goodnight Belinda.”

“Goodnight Kris.”

They both fell sleep in each others arms.

Morning came way too quickly and Belinda found herself outside milking the cow and gathering chicken eggs. She went inside the house and she braided her hair but when she put it on top of her head some of her curls escaped her braid.  She made her way to her trunk and got out her only and prettiest dress she had left. All the other ones she had to sell to make ends meet. The dress used to belong to her mother and the only reason she had it was because her mother’s maid kept it from her father so Belinda could have something from her. The dress showed off her neck, shoulders with long sleeves and beautiful printed challis covering the whole dress. The bonnet she wore put the whole outfit together. The boots were the only things that didn’t look clean and new. She didn’t have any money to buy new boots so the ones she had looked worn and battered. The best part was that the dress covered the boots so no one would see them. She didn’t want to embarrass Kris in front of his friends. After making sure she had everything she left the room and walked into the kitchen and sat down to wait for Kris to finish getting the wagon.  She heard the sounds of the wagon stopping in front of the house and she didn’t want Kris to have to wait on her so she quickly walked out the house. 

Kris jumped off the wagon and turned to walk to the house when he noticed her. He stopped in his tracks and Belinda wished she could read his thoughts. He smiled and then broke out in laugher.

“Well that quite a dress!” Kris came towards her and took her hand in his. He helped her onto the wagon and came around on climbed onto his seat.

“You don’t like the dress? I’m sorry I thought I looked presentable!” Belinda said looking away from him; she thought this was a pretty dress. She didn’t want to disappoint him. 

“No, no, no it’s a beautiful dress Belinda. I’m sorry if I made you feel that you didn’t look beautiful it’s only thought everyone at church would be wearing simple dresses and I didn’t want you to feel uncomfortable.” Belinda could hear the sincerity in his voice.

“You really think I’m beautiful?” Kris turned to her and broke up in a smile.

“Yes I think you are very beautiful Belinda.” She blushed at those words man all her life called her beautiful but hearing it come from Kris mouth sounded so true. As they got closer to town she saw more wagons heading towards a small wooden building. This couldn’t be a church from all the times she passed by a church back home they were big beautiful buildings. But she learned by now not to assume anything like she did with Kris’s house. She heard people shout hello’s to Kris and when they stop in front of the church Kris jumped down and ran around to help her down. Belinda got up and moved to get down when Kris grabbed her around the waist and picked her clean off the wagon and softly put her down in front of him. He smiled down at her and took her hand in his as Belinda turned red and turned to look away from his beautiful eyes. She saw that everything was staring at her and then she thought maybe Kris was right maybe it was a bad idea to wear the dress. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 339 34
Rancher seeks a wife. Nickolas Tate got more than he bargained for when his mail-order-bride stumbles onto his ranch in the middle of the night. Wha...
23.7K 1.2K 13
Go back in time to a mail order bride who discovers she might not have been summoned after all. But that doesn't stop romance from blooming in the Wi...
21.4K 1.6K 12
When Victoria Swanson discovers her sister is going to be a mail-order bride, Victoria does what any older protective sister would do... kidnap the p...
26.8K 1.5K 19
Finding love when you least expect it.