𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚒 || Haikyuu

By Thy_Lady_Potter

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐛! 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭�... More

𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐈𝐧𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐢 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐢
𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎!
𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚜!
𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚠𝚒𝚖𝚙 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝!
𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙶𝙾𝙻𝙳𝙴𝙽 𝚆𝙴𝙴𝙺!
𝚂𝚒𝚡 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚑 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚙'𝚜 𝚗𝚎𝚠-𝚐𝚎𝚗!
𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎'𝚜 𝙸𝚗𝚞𝚗𝚊𝚔𝚒 𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚜𝚑𝚒!
𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚛𝚘𝚙-𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚐𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜
𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚘𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢
𝚃𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝-𝚘!

𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝!

6.1K 159 33
By Thy_Lady_Potter

█║▌║▌║ 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚒 ║▌║▌║█

"The spine is back!"

█║▌║▌║ 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚒 ║▌║▌║█

3rd's POV

"Sorry but I'm no ace" 

"Eh?" 

Disappointed in what the third-year ace had told the young orange-haired male, he could only stare at the famed Ace in shock and disbelief.  

Just before he could walk away the buzzing noise made them halt turning around they tilt their head in wonder who on Karasuno could be making such buzz? 

well...

Walking down on the third-year hall brought a lot of attention especially if you're renowned as the 2nd year cutie of Karasuno. 

"Naki-kun Morning!"

"Good morning Maya-chin!" 

"Sup dude!" 

"Yo Hide-chin" 

"Naki let's hang out soon ya?" 

"Sure I'm free this Sunday!" 

"Naki-kun good morning"

"Morning Suzu-chin!" 

"Naki looking cool~!" 

"Thanks! ya look beautiful as always Akane-chin!" 

"Naki?" Sugawara called out. 

Inunaki tilts his head to the left and saw very familiar faces, he lets out a grin pushing his black-coated glasses upwards. 

He approached them unknown to the fear that was creeping to the third year.

"Suga-chin heyyyy"

Sugawara grins ruffling the albino's hair. Hinata's and Kageyama's eyes sparkled upon Inunaki's presence.

"Inunaki-Senpai!" They chorus. Inunaki turned to them and blinked.

"Hey ya two...wait what are you doing in the third-year halls?"

"Etto...." Hinata stumbled upon his words, it was kind of a stupid idea and they were kind of a shame to tell their cool senpai that they couldn't wait until dismissal to talk to the timid ace of Karasuno. 

"Well? aren't cha gonna say, anything Carrottop?" Inunaki raised his eyebrows, putting all of his focus on the orange-haired male still unaware of the quivering male behind Sugawara. 

'That's Inunaki! He's scarier than Daichi when annoyed! I have to get out of here! what is he even doing on the third-year halls anyways?!' Asahi trembled, he silently and discreetly walked away.

He does not want to face Nishinoya or Inunaki anytime soon! 

"Neh naki what are you doing in the third-year halls?" Suga asked tilting his head to the right. 

"Oh well, I actually came straight from the dean! He asked me to get this paper to Tomeo-sensei for his signature ya know council stuff" Inunaki shrugs. 

"Woah! Are you part of the student council Inunaki-senpai?!" Hinata gushed. 

"Ya could say that" 

"Naki here is the head of the disciplinary committee," Suga states.  

"Woah" Hinata and Kageyama stare at Inunaki in admiration, The albino male felt his chest boost in pride. 

"Anyways ya two still haven't told me what you guys are doing here?" 

"Oh, we wanted to talk Asahi-san!" Inunaki's eyes darkened behind his dark-coated glasses before he gave Hinata a closed-eyed smile. Unnoticed his fist clenched the papers he held in his arms. 

"Hey, Hinata I don't think-" Sugawara tried to warn.

"Is that so?" Inunaki smiles. 

"Yeah!"

"Excuse me I don't really understand what's really going on but is he injured or something?" Kageyama asked. 

"No, he's not! Azumane-san is just being a coward!"Inunaki snaps. 

"Naki!" Suga scolds.

"Naki-kun Tomeo-sensei is looking for you!" 

"Tsk, I'll be right there Hide-chin!" Inunaki clicks his tongue quickly faking a smile he waved at the third-year student. He faced the trio and smirked. 

"Well I'll get going now, carrot and blueberry better get back to your halls before lunchtime's over or I'll be forced to give you a red slip" 

he walked away from the trio.

"Is it just me or was that tension?" Kageyama faced his upperclassman making the silver-haired mother crow sigh. 

"The twins and our ace are facing issues, As for Asahi his not injured just.... he just came to hate Volleyball partly that's my fault I depended on him way too much." 

█║▌║▌║ 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚒 ║▌║▌║█

"ROLLLINNGGGG THUNDERRRR!!!" 

"...."

"nice receive?"Suga praises albeit a bit hesitant 

"BAHAHA that was just a normal rolling receive! where the heck was the thunder?!" Tanaka roared in laughter. 

"Why'd he yell that?" Kageyama asked 

"What was that?" Tsukishima and Yamaguchi cackle. 

"YAMAGUCHI, TSUKISHIMA, KAGEYAMA GET OVER HERE AND CROUCH DOWN NO WAIT SIT DOWN! I AM GIVING YOU DISRESPECTFUL KOHAIS A LECTURE!" 

"Now now yuu-chin no need to get rough on them~" Inunaki laughs, nishinoya turns to him and points, a face that absolutely yells betrayal. 

"SHI-KUN DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE SIDING WITH THEM?!" 

"Of course not~ whatever do you mean yuu-chin?" Inunaki gave his twin a closed-eyed smile acting very innocent. 

Nishinoya turns away pouting. 

"Ohhh teach me the rolling thunder please!!!" Hinata gushes excitedly. 

"Don't tell me you also have the CoOl AtTaCK nAmeS?" Tsukishima playfully sneers at his albino senpai. 

"Haha no that's only Yuu-chin~" Inunaki chuckles amused. 

Before Tsukishima could make another comment the gym door opened and in came the stuttering club advisor Takeda.

"That's enough for today!" 

"Gather round!" Daichi called out, Inunaki pats his twin's back who is by the way still sulking for the albino's said 'BeTrAyEl' 

"You guys are doing it again this year right?" Takeda asked excitedly. 

'Ah it's that time of the year~' Inunaki smirks.

'....Golden week' Nishinoya closed his eyes. 

'What are they talking about? Doing what this year?' Hinata tilts his head to the side in confusion. 

the other first-years also stayed confused. 

'what were they talking about?'

"HAI!" Daichi replies. 

"THE GOLDEN WEEK TRAINING CAMP!?" Takeda gushes in excitement. 

Hinata's eyes sparkled at the thought of training camp, the twins stayed quiet glancing at each other thoughts flying in the same line. 

'Golden week and our ace is still not back' they frowned. 

"In that case, I have scheduled a practice match on the very last day of the golden week!" Takeda exclaimed. 

Everyone's eyes widen at the information they excitedly asked the club advisor. 

" A Tokyo veteran school named Metropolitan Nekoma High! they are more known through the nickname 'The cats' " Takeda explained. 

"How original" Inunaki smiled blankly ignoring the cackling blonde beside him. 

"Nekoma? Ain't that school the rival of ours?" Inunaki asks.

"RIVAL!?" Hinata yells. 

"That's right Hinata! We've heard about it from our seniors back then, it was rumored that Director Ukai and the coach of Nekoma were actually old rivals and would go out of their way to challenge each other" Tanaka explains. 

"Ah I've heard of it was rumored that both schools were evenly matched! Apparently, when we have a match with each other it was quite the showdown everyone in the neighborhood would come and watch! A notorious match-up! the cats vs crow of the garbage heap!" Sugawara grins proudly. 

"Was it really that notorious?" Tsukishima blankly stares at Sugawara who continues to ignore his jabs. 

"Apparently it was despite the horrid name" Inunaki chuckles. 

"But we haven't been in contact in so long!" Daichi reasoned. 

"When I heard about our school and nekoma's rivalry I wanted to recreate the destined rematch of the century!" 

"And without any doubt with Nekoma as our opponent, I'm sure that even 'he' will be forced to move in action!"  Takeda smiled

As the captain crow stared at his club advisor in mixed emotions, glancing away he stood tall and yelled...

"Alright listen up! We're going to be having a practice match with them so better do your best in both the training camp and at the match okay?!" 

"OSU!" 

"Just wait until I get it with those city boys!" Tanaka lets out an evil laugh, Tsukishima who was behind him laughed. 

"City boys you say?" 

"Ah that sounded like shitty boys to me" Inunaki chuckles

"TSUKISHIMA WHY YOU INSIGNIFICANT BRAT! AND NAKI?! YOU DARE SIDE WITH THIS LAMP POST!?" Tanaka roared in annoyance. 

After the whole chaos and taunts with Tanaka...Nishinoya and Inunaki walked side by side on their way home in silence...

"So what did Daichi-chin say?"  Inunaki glances at his supposed twin. 

"He said he understood our reasons but still insist for us to come for the training camp" Nishinoya grumbles taking a big bite of his meat bun that Inunaki bought for him. 

The albino beside him hummed munching on his chuupets as they walked in silence... 

the next day...

"I wonder when's that coward gonna grow a ball" Inunaki muttered.

"Even if the world is gonna end he won't" Nishinoya sweatdrops reminiscing their time with the cowardly ace. 

"Ah true"

"Come on cutie just skip the classes with us" 

The twins glanced up and saw three boys about the height of 174 cm ganging up on someone more precisely a girl. 

'How cliche' 

He felt his lower eyelid twitch in irritation. Inunaki was already annoyed that he managed to wake up way earlier than usual and his phone wasn't charged well, now he gotta have to deal with these attention seekers?

He sighed shoving his bag to Nishinoya who grumbled under his breath but nevertheless accepted it and watched as his albino twin walked up the trio silently.

Truth be told between the two of them Inunaki always looked like the boy that stayed quiet and is happy to watch bullies get beaten and Nishinoya was the feared delinquent of the streets when in reality it was quite the opposite.

Inunaki was the delinquent and Nishinoya was happy watching his best friend beat someone up.  

"HAH?" Inunaki tapped one on the shoulder.

"Hi!~" Inunaki smiles.

"Oh get lost you brat" 

"oh ho it's just a middle schooler"

"No bruh I think it's an elementary student" 

'Don't bother thinking ya scums, it's a waste of brain cells not that you have one anyways' Inunaki glares. 

Inunaki tilts his head to the side just barely avoiding the punch. 

'Did I doze off that much that I didn't hear him? Nah maybe I zoned his annoying voice out my mind often does that when I find it annoying to listen' Inunaki smiles. 

And just before the blonde girl knew it...all bullies that stood over 174 cm in height now lay among each other like a sack of potatoes under the albino who stood smirking proudly. 

Inunaki was about to open his mouth when another gang appeared calling out to the trio that now lay underneath the albino. 

"Yuusuke! Kiyoshi! Nakamura! there you three ar- ekkk!!!! Inunaki-san!" the white-haired protagonist glanced at them in the corner of his eyes. Inunaki jumped off from the bodies and landed in front f the newcomers the gang froze as they trembled in fear, they bowed a 90-degree yelling. 

"It's good to see you Inunaki-san!" 

Inunaki clicked his tongue at them, flinching they glanced up at the albino who stared at them blankly before he spoke...

"Get those idiots out of my sight" 

"YES SIR!" they quickly grabbed the former trio and made a run for it while yelling at each other along the lines of 'Don't mess with the boss' or 'You three really wanted to die?!' 

"HAHA! That's what you get for underestimating Shi-chan!" Nishinoya cackles.

"Yuu-chin can you check up on her?"

"Hm? Oh yeah!" Nishinoya jumps his way to the petrified blond. 

"Hey ya alright?" the libero asked. 

"EKKK!!!" the blond girl robotically turned her head to nishinoya who stared at her not knowing what to do after that....shriek.

"I'm so sorry!!! please don't beat me up! I-I-I still have money on me I'll give it to you please just don't eat me!!!" She bowed yelling. 

"..." the twins blinked before glancing at each other in wonder. 

"Hey we're not gonna beat you up" Nishinoya laughs. 

"Nor are we gonna eat ya, were not into cannibalism" Inunaki snorts. 

The blonde girl glanced up hopefully at her saviors. 

"Ah! you saved me earlier! Thank you so much!" 

"Hey, that uniform! By any chance you go to karasuno like us?!" Nishinoya shook her shoulders excitedly. 

"Y-Yes!" She whispered. 

"Yuu-chin stop your gonna make her hurl" Inunaki pulled his twin away from the blond.

"I'm Inunaki that one is Nishinoya" Inunaki greets. 

"HEYA!!!" Nishinoya waved. 

"Y-Yachi H-Hitoka n-nice to m-meet you!" she stuttered. 

"Our pleasure!" the twins chorused

█║▌║▌║ 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚒 ║▌║▌║█

Inunaki's POV 

"Hey Noya-san, Naki-san when you two were in suspension what kind of training did you two do?" Ryuu-chin asked. 

"Ah I mainly focused on block follow-ups I trained with the girl's team in the neighborhood Shi-kun and I went separate ways for training so I don't know what's he been up to," Yuu-chin answered stretching his limbs.

"I've been honing my serves and trying new techniques along with practicing my sets with some people I met when Yuu-chin and I separated but that's about it" I smiled

Ryuu-chin looked at us in wonder before his Expression changed to bewildered.

"You mean you two separated?! Like actually separated?!" Ryuu-chin yelled.

"Yeah I mean it was a mutual understanding between Shi-kun and me" Yuu-chin blinked.

"Don't make it sound like we broke up Ryuu-chin" I stared at him blankly.

"... NOYA-SAN, NAKI-SAN!!!! YOU GUYS ARE SO COOL!!!" Ryuu-chin suddenly wailed.

"What are you crying for?!" We asked.

 "Gather up!" Daichi-chin called out. 

I patted Yuu-chin's back as we jogged our way to the rest. We stood between Ryuu-chin and Chikara-chin my gaze went to Takeda-sensei to the gangster-looking guy beside him...wait he looks a bit familiar. 

"Hey, Shi-kun ain't that the clerk guy from Sakonishita?" Yuu-chin nudged me with his elbow. Ah! So that's why he looked familiar he's that clerk! I nod my head absentmindedly at Yuu-chin. 

"From starting here on out! Ukai-kun will be in charge of coaching you all!" Takeda-sensei announced. 

"C-COACHING?!" Daichi-chin and Suga-chin exclaimed. 

Yuu-chin and I blink startled, glancing at each other in silence. 

"A coach? that's awesome!" Yuu-chin muttered.

"It's been a while since we had training from a proper coach neh Yuu-chin?" I smiled at him, nodding his head at my statement we watched as the other members get overly excited. 

"Only for up till the Nekoma match," Ukai said. 

"Oh" Poor Daichi-chin. 

"Isn't he the clerk from the Sakonoshita store tho?" Ryuu-chin pointed out.

"He's actually an alumnus here! he is also the grandson of the former coach, Director Ukai!" 

Now that got my attention he's director Ukai's grandson?! this is getting interesting...

"Alright, we have no time to waste start stretching your opponents are going to be here soon! I wanna see what sort of players you guys are! The game's gonna start at 6:30!" Ukai-san announced.

"Eh? Opponents?" Daichi-chin asked. 

Yuu-chin and I stared at the new coach in silence, watching him smirk at Daichi-chin...

"The karasuno neighborhood association team!" 

"Karasuno..." I trailed off staring blankly at Coach Ukai.

"Neighborhood association?..." Tsukishima finished, he too was staring at Coach Ukai blankly. 

"Tsuki? Inunaki-senpai?" Yamaguchi called out to us. 

"then does that mean will be playing against...." 

"...A bunch of old geezers?" Tsukishima finished off. 

"Lame" we spoke in unison. 

Yamaguchi laughed in the middle of us, before being called out by Daichi-chin, leaving Tsukishima and me alone, while  Yuu-chin stares at the ball in his hand. 

 "Say senpai I never really got your full name" Tsukishima spoke. 

"You do know it's common courtesy to introduce yourself first before asking another right dear Kohai?" I slyly smiled at him, hearing him click his tongue at me brought great pride to my already large ego. 

"Tsukishima Kei" 

"Inunaki Satoshi" I grin at him. 

"Are you and Nishinoya-san really twins, senpai?" He asked. 

"My my~ you seem interested dear Kohai~ but no, Yuu-chin and I are not twins." I chuckled. 

"OH WOW! THIS TAKES ME BACK!" we turned our attention to the 3 newcomers...they weren't what we expected of them...they seemed young?

Tsuki-chin and I blinked.

"And here I thought they were a bunch of old geezers since he called them the neighborhood association" Tsuki-chin muttered. 

"Tell me about it, I didn't expect them to be this young!" I commented. Yamaguchi nods his head at our statements. 

I walked towards  Yuu-chin patting his back as he glanced at me, I smiled at him reassuringly, he grins back albeit a bit weak but it's better than him moping around like a  damsel in distress. 

"Alright let's start!" Coach ukai called out. 

"Hm? oi what's the problem" He turned to us raising an eyebrow as we glanced up to him startled. 

"Oh uh, coach sorry they aren't really..." Daichi-chin reasoned. 

"What's the matter they aren't injured are they?" He asked Daichi-chin, we watched as Daichi-chin replied.

"No well umm"

"Well then let them play for the neighborhood association team! Our libero and our other defense specialist couldn't get out of work" Coach ukai spoke. 

"Ah in that case... sorry for the trouble" Daichi-chin glanced at us before glancing back to coach ukai. 

"IT'S ASAHI-SAN!"

Yuu-chin and I turned around and there he was standing by the gym door holding his shoes acting all tough when in reality he's just a big softie and a coward underneath that delinquent face. 

He walked inside avoiding all eye-to-eye contact with Yuu-chin and me.

 I sighed he's still a coward no matter what. the cowardly ace we came to adore~ I chuckled.

 "All that's left is a setter I would do it but I need to watch from the sidelines" Coach Ukai sighed. 

From what I know blueberry over there is a setter...so that means it's either him or Suga-chin that stays. Just then Suga-chin walked forward ignoring the outrageous exclamation of disbelief from Ryuu-chin. 

"Suga-san! I'm not giving the setter  position to you, I'm sorry if it may look like you're stepping down and I'm advancing!" Blueberry spoke... OKAY I'M SORRY BUT I FORGOT HIS NAME OKAY! BESIDES BLUEBERRY IS VERY EASY TO REMEMBER! JUST LIKE CARROTTOP OVER THERE!

"When you joined Kageyama, I somehow foresaw that we'll be fighting for the setter position, but somehow a part of me was relieved..." Suga-chin trailed off... 

'Oh, so his name is Kageyama' I nod my head before shaking it. Not the time Satoshi! Not the time! let's remember their names later! now is not the time.  

"If I think about the instant spikes that got smacked down! then maybe I am still afraid!" Suga-chin admits. 

"...Suga-chin" I stared at him. 

"But! Let me toss for you one more time Asahi!" He exclaims startling the cowardly ace. 

"That's why I'm joining this side Kageyama! I won't be losing to you!" 

"Same here!" 

"Noya! I'm counting on you for some nice receives!" Suga-chin smiles at Yuu-chin. 

"Course!" 

He then faced me and said. 

"Block and spike through em' good Naki!" 

"That goes without saying Suga-chin!" I smirk. 

As Yuu-chin and I glanced at our ace from both sides, but he just kept looking down and is really silent, we glanced at each other nodding, jogging past him to grab a bib. 

█║▌║▌║ 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚒 ║▌║▌║█

3rd's POV  || flashback ||

68th prefecture championship volleyball...

"It's a feint! Yuu-chin!" Inunaki called out.

"Right! gotcha!" 

"Nice one Noya-san!" Tanaka compliments. 

"Nice job Nishinoya!" Sugawara grins. 

-Their libero is incredible!-

-That White-haired middle blocker's blocking skills are intimidating too! That was close for Date tech!-

-Well those two are the Chidoriyama Twins-

-Karasuno's defense is amazing but their offense?-

"Asahi-san/chin?!" 

'Why is he-... WHY THE HELL IS HE JUST STANDING THERE?!' Inunaki's eyes widen.

"Suga right!!!" Daichi called.

block...set match 25-19 Date tech's win.

karasuno storage room...

"DAMMIT! BLOCK FOLLOW-UPS!"

"WHY!?" 

"hah?" 

"WHY AREN'T YOU BLAMING ME!? EVEN THO IT'S MY FAULT THAT WE LOST?!"

"Asahi!" Daichi yelled. 

"NO MATTER HOW MANY BALLS YOU RECOVERED OR HOW MANY TIMES INUNAKI BLOCKED IT WAS MEANINGLESS! IF I CAN'T SPIKE PASS THEM!" 

Hearing the word meaningless, something inside the twins snapped.

"What do you mean meaningless?!" Nishinoya glanced up. 

'Meaningless? MEANINGLESS?!' Naki glared at Asahi with so much venom the white-haired male was about to lung himself at the ace when Daichi grabbed him. 

"Then why didn't you call for the last toss? from your position, you could've hit!" Nishinoya glares.

"Nishinoya! I depended on Asahi way too much he may have exhausted himself!" Suga ran. 

"Exhausted himself? bullshit!" Inunaki grumbled glaring at the ace. 

"I couldn't have scored that point anyway" Asahi looked away. 

That was the last straw... the twins snapped. 

"YOU WOULDN'T KNOW TILL YOU GAVE IT A TRY! DON'T YOU DARE SAY ITS MEANINGLESS TO THE BALL I DESPERATELY RECOVERED!" Noya snaps now being held back by Tanaka. 

Trashing around Daichi's grip Inunaki yelled. 

"MEANINGLESS?! OR IS THAT AN EXCUSE OF HOW YOU GAVE UP!?" 

"OI STOP IT!"  

Asahi walked away as Nishinoya and Inunaki were put down. 

"Blocks...Serves...accuracy and control!" Inunaki grumbles glaring down. 

"Naki-san?" Tanaka whispered. 

"GODDAMMIT!" Inunaki walked out pissed. Nishinoya followed in silence leaving the three in the room. 

In the end, Noya got suspended from club activities for causing trouble in front of the vice-principle and Inunaki also got suspension from club activities and classes. For what reason? He went on a bloody rampage and sent three delinquent bullies to the infirmary with one that almost got his bone cracked. 

truth be told the delinquent he beat up was sketchy asf and was selling drugs in school, so upon knowing the school let Inunaki off with a suspension. 

|| flashback ends ||

█║▌║▌║ 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚒 ║▌║▌║█

"Nice one Hinata!" 

The twins glanced at each other before glancing at Asahi... they quickly jogged back to their positions when... 

"One more..."

"Even if I'm being blocked now I want to hit it one more time!" Asahi admits. 

Nishinoya and Inunaki felt their eyes widen, glancing at each other before letting a genuine smile out. They faced Asahi and spoke... 

"You better not be lying" Inunaki scoffs

"We won't be taking a lie that easily cause If what you say is true then..." Nishinoya trails off. 

"Just hearing that is enough for us" The twins smirk leaving a confused Ace behind. 

The twins watched as he hesitantly took flight only to be shut down, just for everyone to be faced with shock when Nishinoya appeared and save the ball albeit a bit low. 

"!!!"

"It's back in the air!" 

"Woah nice block-follow!" 

"NOYA-SAN!!!!" Tanaka cried freaking Tsukishima and Kageyama out. 

"Sorry, it's low!" Nishinoya apologies. 

"It's alright I got you yuu-chin" Naki exclaimed passing the ball up high. 

"Suga-chin!" Naki called out.

"I gotcha naki-kun!" Suga placed himself under the volleyball stretching his arms upwards. As Nishinoya and Inunaki stared at looming ball with fire in their eyes.

'We trust you 120%' 

"YA BETTER..." Naki screamed. 

"ONE MORE TIME..." Nishinoya yells. 

"CALL FOR THE TOSS ACE!!!" The twins yelled.

'Dammit! he's not running at all!' Inunaki screamed in his head frustrated. 

"I'm open!" Shimada yells. 

"...Dammit!" Suga curse. 

".......Suga!!! ONE MORE TIME!!!" Asahi called out. 

Tears threatened to flow down just like an instinct that set he gave to his ace....was breathtaking. 

"OHHHHHH!!!" ignoring the bickering first-year beside him Tanaka gushed as he watched the them all work together....the spine of the team! 

even though it was blocked Asahi glanced at Nishinoya and Inunaki who were being doted on by Sugawara. He flinched as Sugawara pats his back and complimented him for a job well done.

"You guys too...Noya, naki amazing recovers! also, suga that was a nice toss!" Asahi scratches his neck. 

"...." The trio stared at Asahi before smiling brightly.

'Too bright' Asahi sweatdropped.

Set 2 when the karasuno team got to see... 

"Shi-kun you're up for serving!" Noya threw his twin a Mikasa volleyball.

"Thanks, Yuu-chin!" 

"Be on guard! Naki's serving!" Tanaka whispered as his body tensed watching the albino make his way to the service line. 

"Is he that good?" Kageyama asked. 

"Ya have no idea! In the whole team, Naki's the one who possesses a deadly strong serve!" Tanaka boasts. 

Removing his tinted glasses, he gave them to Kiyoko who smiled at him, whispering the words of good luck to him, he faced the rest eyes still closed. 

Both teams are on guard when...

Inunaki inhaled and exhaled, snapping his eyes open the rest could feel their eyes widen upon spotting the sparkling sapphire-colored eyes. 

 "Naki nice serve!!!"

The opposing team shivered upon seeing his gaze, His serving was already bad news according to Tanaka but being subjected to his scary gaze?

Man, how unlucky.

Nishinoya smirked, his gaze never leaving his best friend's form. He watched as the white-haired male bounced the Mikasa ball, then stopped. He watched as his best friend stepped back throwing the ball in the air and started running, in his last step.

Nishinoya felt his smirk widen, as he stared in awe at the white-haired best friend of his who took flight...

"Go on spread those wings and fly" Nishinoya muttered smirking.

he watched as the opposing team more of the second to third years stepped backward expecting it to be one of the white-haired male's strong jump-serves much to their dismay when the ball suddenly lost its own momentum and bounced itself on top of the net. Nishinoya's eyes glimmered in amusement as he watch the opposing team rushing to get to the front a part that they left unsupervised. 

thump...

Nishinoya turned to his twin screaming. 

"OI THAT WAS NEW! YA BETTER TRAIN ME WITH THAT NASTY SERVE LATER SHI-KUN!" 

"Sure Yuu-chin!"

"WHAT THE HECK?!" Tanaka roared. 

Suga and the others turned to the white-haired male in shock. 

"That was different!" 

"He really went from a strong deadly serve to a nasty one" Daichi muttered

"NASTY I TELL YA NASTY!"

"I told ya I've been trying new things Ryuu-chin!"

"Man Naki's awesome!!!" 

For the next points, it went in with Inunaki serving a couple of service aces either him or Shimada. 

END OF MATCH SET 2, 

25-18 Neighborhood associations win! 

"Man, that was amazing! it made me miss being a high schooler!" 

"Yeah being able to shout "CALL FOR THE TOSS ACE!"

"Oh! or being able to shout "AS LONG AS I'M HERE YOU'RE INVINCIBLE!" haha" 

The twins and Kageyama looked away embarrassed tinted red. 

"Hear that senpai?~" Tsukishima tease.

"Tsuki-chin shut up" 

"By the way Inunaki-senpai you own a pair of beautiful eyes!" Yamaguchi gushes. 

"Aw thank you Yama-chin~" Naki then starts to dote...

"So don't belittle yourself!" The white-haired male hears, he walks toward the ace and aspiring carrot one.

"Osu!" Hinata replies. 

"Coming from you that's rather iconic Asa-chin~" he walked past them teasing both who starts to argue with the white-haired male albeit timidly...

"Alright everyone gather around!" Daichi called out.

They gathered in a circle, Kiyoko watched them from the sidelines a fond and relieved smile graced her lips.  

"KARASUNO!!! FIGHT!"

"OSU!"

In the end, Karasuno got a new coach...and got their spine back! Now only the fated match between the crows and cats awaits! 

-To be continued!-

A|n: Heyaaaa how's it going? I hope yer all still alive... thank you for being so patient my labs 

Anyhow 500+ READS?! I- my word LET'S DOUBLE IT UP YEA? 

Btw happy belated birthday to our Middle blocker sly cat Kuroo Tetsuro! 

oh and one more thing!

I PUBLISHED A MORIARTY THE PATRIOT BOOK! ENTITLED 

"Lady Serenity || Moriarty the patriot"  

GO CHECK IT OUT PROLOGUE HAS BEEN PUBLISHED I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN THAT BOOK AS WELL! 

But anyways Stay safe, don't overwork yerselves! always wash yer hands, and stay away from germs!

Update: I change a couple of things cause it kept bothering me to no end

Also if you don't know I'm the author of...

  "My enchantress || Haikyuu" 

"She's my reason || Kiyoko. S"

"Lady Serenity|| Moriarty the Patriot"

I'd be very happy if you go check out my other books!

THANK YOU FOR READING, don't forget to vote and comment, follow me for new notifications and updates! until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317K 5.6K 29
You are Hinata's childhood bestfriend. You guys grow up together until you move to America in middle school. Now you are back to Japan, you will atte...
114 9 2
Posted also on AO3. Following the loss of a practice match before their training camp in Saitama, the Karasuno High Boys' Volleyball Club underwent a...
161K 7.1K 23
~~COMPLETED~~ "I'm sorry... I don't know who you are?" Hinata Shouyo; Once happy, energetic and a brilliant volleyball player, loses his memory in an...
184K 5.2K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...