A piece of us (Xiao x fem!rea...

By iamscaredoftheocean

*under editing* 53 % finished. Being special, Y/n had been taken in by the Geo Archon. She met the adepti, in... More

Before you read
Prologue - Meeting the adepti
The Blondie
Two words: Almond. Tofu.
What a tease~
The boy named Kazuha
The Exuvia
Childe's backup plan
Osial
Exhaustion
See you again now
Dear Liyue... i love you
Lantern Rite, part 1
Lantern Rite, part 2
Lantern Rite, part 3
The Crux Clash
Did this just happen?
This happened...
Welcome to Inazuma
Sister bonding
Realization
The resistance
A battle and a decision.
Reunion
Leaf is a real one
Catching up with the ladies
Just let me sleep
Aether needs help
Your shield
Who am i?
Xiao in Inazuma
A scarf and a vision
Your own style
Seducing Xiao
Paint your mask with jealousy
Uh-oh...
This is bad
An overgrown tree
He knew
Everything went bad
Quietly screaming inside
Oh Y/n...
A long time passed
Happiness in a different way
Author's note
(Behind the scenes) (entertaining chapter)
(Behind the scenes) part 2
(Oh well, LET'S HAVE A SEQUEL!)

What a nice day to live

32.2K 1.1K 1.9K
By iamscaredoftheocean

Flashback:

"Hey y/n, where did you get your mask?" ****** asked.

"My sister gave it to me the day i was sent to Liyue." Answered the young lady.

"Do you ever want to go back to Inazuma? And live there?" ****** asked.

"No"

"Really? I've heard Inazuma is a pretty nice nation, i'd love to go there one day." ****** said.

"Let's go there together Y/n" ****** said.

"Let's do that." Y/n smiled at one of her best friends.

Y/n and Keqing hugged. "If you ever need anything, just tell me." Keqing said.

We watched the sunrise that day. She's one of my best friends.

End of flashback.

-

Y/n pov:

"That's..... not how you use chopsticks...." I said.

As an apology, the ginger had asked me to a late night dinner. After i fell, i managed to break my umbrella. So he paid for my food.
I didn't need mortal food at all, but it was quite good so i didn't want to decline his offer.

I also got to know what he's called, Childe.
An odd name but good enough, atleast it's a name. Right?

"Really....?" He said.

He had been struggeling with how to eat his noodles. He's clearly not from Liyue.

*Sigh*

I picked up my fork and handed it to him.
"Here, please take this. People are looking.." i said, slightly embarrassed by how people were watching him struggle. And since i'm sitting next to him, naturally people would look at me too.

In the end, he ended up using the fork.

"You're not from here either are you?" Childe asked me, quite suddently.

"What makes you believe that?" I answered him with another question.

"Your attire doesen't suit the Liyue traditional clothing." He said, stating the obvious.

He was right. I was wearing inazuman clothing, and a kitsune mask on my head.
I did want to use Inazuma's traditional clothing, to remind myself not to forget my other nation.

"And i don't think people in Liyue go around with rabbit and fox accessories." He said.

"Excuse me?" I said, slightly offended.

My ears dropped a little and i gave him a little glare. Sure, my ears were quite long, but do they really look like bunny ears?

I then hear him laughing. "Don't be so offended, i was just messing with you. Ever since i first got here i've heard about you and the adepti. I'm kinda glad i got to meet you in person, it's quite an honor." He said and smiled at me.

First an insult and a compliment?
The next thing you know, he'll be your friend and then your enemy.

"I know a lot about you too." I said, sending him a glare. He's obviously not an ally. He could've been the one to slaughter Morax for all I know.

He then smirked and we sent eachother glares. It felt like the room around us darkened. I silently stood up and slightly bowed.
"Thank you for the food." I said, sending him a smile. But by the look on his face, it looked more like threat.

"Leaving already?" He asked.

"It's late, the sun is already long down." I said snd started walking out. He walked after me.
"Now now, what man would i be if i let you walk all alone. It's dangerous at night you know, people should watch their backs more, don't you think?" He said, smiling gently.
That's obviously a threat.

"I agree, some people might not know what's coming their way. Before it's too late." I said, hoping he would take my words as a warning.

I started walking to the gates of Liyue.

Childe pov:

I'm impressed. Zhongli wasn't joking when he said she was lovely.

I even felt a little threatened.

She seemed like she would be a person to actually slaughter you if you simply stare at her too long.

I walked back inside the restaurant.

I sat down where me and Y/n previously sat.

He should be here soon.

Just then, the door opened and Zhongli walked inside. He then saw the unfinished food beside me. "Did you eat with someone?" He asked.

"You're right, she really is lovely." I said.

I looked up at him. Oh shit.

He was glaring with all his power. "I told you not to seek her out." Zhongli said, in a angry voice.
"We just bumped into eachother, litterally. Maybe it was fate." I said, pushing his limits.

Zhongli had told me about her, i was surprised by how gentle he was while speaking off her, he talked in a happy voice and smiled a lot. He said:

"The day we first met, she was officially my little girl."

It was weird tho, she was probably multiple hundreds years old. And he looked nothing more than 25 or 28. He talked as if he had known her for a long time.

-

Y/n pov:

I walked up the steps to Wangshu Inn and walked over to Verr Goldet. "Do you have my list?" I asked her.

"Y-you're going to finish it now? It's so late, you should rest.." she said, holding my list.

"I can't rest, knowing there's unfinished tasks i need to handle. My list." I said, holding my hand out for her to give me my list.
She sighed and handed it over.

The list was long....

There were atleast 20 diffrent tasks to clear out diffrent camps and a lot of wood gathering, for the new stairs they are going to build, and there were multiple of diffrent deliveries.
I'll clear it out until tomorrow morning, and then i'll help Xiao so he doesen't do his job alone.

And so i started to cleared the tasks.

-

The next morning came quickly, faster than i thought. I'm barely half way...
I sighed. I put the list away and made my way to Wangshu Inn. I had to help Xiao with his job. Because that was my job. It's what Morax wanted.

Just as i started walking i heard someone talking.
"The harbingers plan is going to be great"

Fatui...
I quietly turned into a fox and walked closer, trying to not be suspicious.

"Sir Childe said that we would be taking action as soon as he find the exuvia." The Fatui worker said.

The exuvia? Why would They want to find Morax's dead body. Unless......

"The gnosis..." i quietly said, realizing what They were after.
"If we continue like this, it'll be easy gathering them." They kept talking.

Idiots.... Talking about this in such an open area....

They kept talking about some big plan and the exuvia.

Then i felt something...
Oh no, hold it in. A sneeze. Don't.

"Acho!" I couldn't hold it in.
I quickly looked at them to see if they had figured me out. They were all looking at me. I tried to act like a normal fox, to seem less suspicious.

Didn't work.

They stepped closer and i quietly stepped back.

"We need backup." He said.
And just in that moment, two Fatui cicin mages aopeared next to him. And behind me appeared two pyro agents. And a lot of fatui guards around all of us.

I quickly turned human and spawned my katana. One problem, i only do physical damage, i didn't really have a vision.
One of them launched at me, his hammer ready to strike. I launched at him at the same time and quickly slid underneath his arm and behind him. I pierced my katana into his back and he disappeared. A mirror maiden appeared right infront of me. Before i could act, she trapped me in a hydro cage.

The electro cicin mage sent one of her flies at me. And i was electrocuted. I fell to my knees, supporting myself with my katana piercing the ground.
"Let's get rid of the little spy" another Fatui agent said, he raised his hammer. He was about to hit me when we all heard two words.

"Evil conquering!"

I heard. I was happy to hear that voice everytime i did.
Xiao attacked all of them, not being hit once.
Since he used his ultimate, i used my only power.
I used my pure energy to make sure he didn't feel any pain while using his mask.

He easily finished them all in a short amount of time.
"You need to start calling out my name you idiot!" He yelled.
"What would i- we do if you got hurt?" He asked, trying to hide his worry.

"Now what the hell was so important, that you didn't run away or call out my name?!" He yelled again.
"I can't even let you go out alone without someone looking after you." He said.

He didn't even let me speak!

"Xiao, They were planning to do something to the exuvia. They were probably going to take the gnosis!" I quickly said and stood up.

"I don't give a damn about that now. Stop putting yourself in danger all the time. If we ever have to fight for Liyue's protection, then so be it. It's just a bunch of fatui agents. But i can't fight anything in Teyvat for you to be woken up from death." He said.

"For me, you're worth more than Liyue Y/n."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

620K 21.4K 26
Xiao, the Guardian Yaksha that serves for Rex Lapis was conquering demons on the West mountain. That seems to connect to the heavens and stars. And t...
150K 5.2K 74
"One day you will meet someone who will ease your suffering." * ( Occasional use of adult language, mention of blood/gore, mention of mental illnesse...
59.8K 1.6K 35
Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli and during her stay there, a certain red...
157K 5.6K 25
Y/n L/n was used to being alone, or having people leave her. She was adventurous and wished to see the world. Sadly, she wasn't allowed to. She longe...