When I look at you - Reggie P...

By chlooomb

After getting a 911 text from her best friend Julie, she goes over to her house, not expecting to find 3 teen... More

Characters.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nighteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
New book?

Nine.

3.7K 82 16
By chlooomb

Julie, Flynn and I all managed to climb over the barbed wire, which was new, by the way, and make it to Carries front door. Me and Flynn only tripped once, which I think was a big win win.

"Heyyy." We all said awkwardly as Carrie answered the door.

"What are you three doing here?" Carrie questioned us. "And how'd you get over the security gate?"

"Teamwork!" Julie pointed out, looking between us three as we laughed awkwardly in agreement. "Do you have a bandaid? The barbed wire's new."

"What do you want?" Carrie questioned us.

"Uh.. just thought you should know that Julie and Mabel's band is playing at the dance tonight!" Flynn said nervously.

"Now you know." Julie chuckles and joins in.

"You guys are acting weirder than usual." Carrie accuses us.

"Probably because we're thirsty." I said to her.

"Yeah. Can we come in for a glass of water?" Julie asked her.

"Ugh. Fine. If it'll make you leave faster." Carrie said as she opened her door wider to let us in. "Don't break anything."

"Careful." Julie said as we walked into Carrie's living room after I closed the front door. "Where are you?"

"Uhhh I'm right here?"

We all turned around to see Nick sitting on Carrie's sofa.

"Nick! Look, Guys, it's Nick." We all laughed nervously as Nick chuckled.

"Nickster. Nicky-poo, Nick-a-lishious. Make it stop."

"Hey! Glad you're here Nicky-poo." Flynn said, trying to diffuse the awkward tension that Julie created. "We wanted to tell you that Julie and Mabel's band is playing at the dance."

"Yeah I saw your post." Nick said happily.

"These girls bothering you babe?" Carrie said as she walked in with three glasses of water on a tray.

"No, just telling us about the dance tonight." Nick replied back to his girlfriend.

"Right. Julie, Mabel and their hologram band are playing." She said as she chuckled. "How'd you learn how to do all that hologram stuff anyways?" As she said this, she gave us our drinks.

"The internet. It's not just full of makeup tips." I said as I shrugged. Carrie looked over and glared at me.

"Uh. What do.. what do you say babe?" Nick questioned awkwardly.

"Sure. Let's check out the hologram show." Carrie said as she sat down next to Nick, his arm finding its way around her shoulders.

"Great, I'll make sure all my buddies are there." Nick said, making me panic slightly. Gosh am I glad I wasn't drinking anything right now because I definitely would have choked on it.

"Ooh, how exciting! That's a lot of people staring at you. You girls remember where the door is, right?"

"Yeah." Julie fake laughed as spilt her drink 'accidentally'.

"Oh. My gosh. I am so sorry. No no no no no." She said as Carrie started to get up. "We know where the towels are. We'll get it." She grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the room with her.

"Oh. Here I go!" Flynn said as she spilt her drink too. "Oh my gosh, can you imagine if this was cranberry juice? I don't know about you but I've been a klutz my entire life." We heard Flynn say as we walked away from the living room and up the stairs.

"Guys!" Julie whisper yelled. "For your sake you better not be up here!"

After looking upstairs for the boys and not finding them, me and Julie go back downstairs.

"What is a raccoon doing in my backyard?" Flynn continues to ramble as we look at her and make hand gestures, telling her to keep them occupied while we go outside. "You guys want too... see a photo of that?" She asks them as she sits in between us both. "It's just so cute, look at it." 

Me and Julie went outside to find the boys pulling their jeans up. That's pretty hot, not gonna lie.

"So. Did you guys have fun in there?" Julie asked them as I just looked up at the sky awkwardly.

"Okay but you'd do the exact same if he stole all your songs." Luke said.

"But you have new songs. With us. The best way to get back at Trevor is for this band to do great.-"

Ok. I see where Julie is coming from, but I'm also on the boys side. You know what? I'm just gonna be Switzerland.

"- and to do great, we have to play at dances, then clubs." Julie continued, before Luke finished her sentence.

"And tours. I know."

"We'll see you guys at the school. We go on at nine. Please don't be late. There's gonna be a lot of people there." I said as I looked at them.

"We got it. Don't worry." Alex said, making me smile and nod at him.

———————————————————————————

(Dance outfit but imagine a cropped black leather jacket with it^^)

When me and Julie got to the dance, we saw Flynn up on the stage DJ-ing.

"Do we have any bobcats in the house? Everybody make some noise!" She said in her mic as all the student started cheering. "Ok ok ok, not too much noise, there's an anger management meeting down the hall." She said, making everyone laugh.

Once Flynn saw us waving, she motioned for us to come over.

"How are you guys feeling?" She shouted to us over the music.

"We're a little nervous." Julie spoke for the both of us as I just looked at all the people here.

"You'll be fine. All your gear's backstage, come on." Flynn said as we joined her.

"Oh my gosh, you guys look amazing!" Flynn said as she gave us both a hug.

"Thankyou, you look amazing as well." I said as we finished hugging.

"Thanks." Julie said to her. "It's my moms, I finally went through her stuff."

"She would have loved that you wore that." Flynn replied, making us both smile. "Are they guys here?" She said as she flicked her hair over her shoulder.

"No. But they will be. They know how important this is to me. To us." Julie said as she linked our pinkies together.

———————————————————————————

It's just after nine, and the boys still aren't here. Julie is sitting down next to the hologram machine and I'm currently pacing next to her.

"Is everyone fired up for MJ and the Phantoms?" Flynn announced, making me and Julie look over at each other wide eyed.  "Great. Keep that fire cause' that's later. We're a bit behind schedule but don't worry, just enjoy these mind-blowing beats."

After putting on a song, Flynn came over to me and Julie.

"MJ and the Phantoms?" Julie questioned with a smile on her face.

"I like it. It's got a good ring to it." I chimed in.

"I had some free time in french class. And you better like it because I registered it on Insta, Snapchat, Twitter..." I interrupted Flynn before she got too carried away.

"No! No we love it, we would just love it more of the actual phantoms were here."  Julie looked over and nodded her head in agreement.

Flynn went to say something, but looked over our shoulders and walked back on stage. Me and Julie both turned around and saw Nick, along with Tommy, my ex.

"Nick! Look guys, it's Nick!" Julie laughed awkwardly as I just tried to get far far away from Tommy. I managed to almost make it to the stage exit before he grabbed my wrist, making me stop and turn around.

"What do you want?" I said, really not in the mood to see him now. Or ever.

"Just coming to see how the music thing is getting on. Hey, do you think you could introduce me to the band?"

"No." It's so funny that he thinks I'll do what he wants. He didn't even care about my music when we were together, he just wants to look cool. He didn't even acknowledge my presence when we broke up. It's only when the band got good feedback that he's crawling back like a worm on a hook.

"No? You're not even good in the band anyway. What the point of you even being in it?" Tommy spat at me, his hand tightening on my wrist.

"Give it a rest, go woo a girl and throw her away at the end of the night or something, you're good at that." I shook my wrist out of his grip and walked back over to julie, seeing her check her phone.

"9:15. Where are they?" I said as I put my chin on her shoulder from behind.

"I don't know."

"Keep it funky y'all!" Flynn said from the DJ booth.

Me and Julie have switched. She's the one pacing and I'm now sitting on the floor, untying and re-tying my laces on my doc martens to keep my thoughts from wondering. The boys know how important this is to us. Where are they?

———————————————————————————

"I can only stall for so long. It's eleven o'clock." Flynn's voice brought me out of my thoughts. I looked at the clock in the gym and saw that it really was 11. "I think you guys should just play by yourselves. I mean, holograms or not, you'll be amazing."

"You saw me the other day. I can't play without them. May is too nervous to even talk right now so she can't either." I just clicked my finger in Julie's direction to show that I agree with her. "They'll be here. They have too."

I looked up, about to say something to Julie when I saw Nick approach her. I nodded my head slightly in that direction and then turned away.

"Issues?" Nick asked her as he sat down.

"Always. The machine won't work." Julie said as Nick went to touch the hologram machine, trying to see if he could fix it. "You don't have too."

"Here's the problem. That is, unless...you didn't want it plugged in." Nick said as he stood up and held a hand out for Julie to take. "Hey. Don't let this crowd freak you out. What I saw last time you guys played was insane. You got this."

Nick nodded his head in my direction, signalling for me to come over, so I did. When I was standing next to Julie, he smiled at us both. "I knew you both had it in you."

He walked over to Flynn and grabbed the mic from her, making me and Julie panic.

"Hey! Everybody! We fixed the hologram thing. Who wants to see a show?!" Nick announced to the school, making everyone at the dance cheer. "Now, give it up for MJ and the Phantoms!"

Me and Julie looked at eachother and linked our pinkies before walking on stage.

"Uhh. Hi. So here's the thing. Even though we got the machine fixed, thanks to Nick. We can't seem to link up with the guys." Julie announced nervously. "Wi-fi, am I right?"

I took the mic gently out of Julie's hands as I saw she was struggling with what to say. "I'm sorry, but we're gonna have to cancel."

The crowd was not very happy, that much was clear. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Carrie walk onto the stage.

"Anyone know the Heimlich? Julie and Mabel are choking?" Carrie said, making everyone laugh. "Only one way to save this dance. Who wants to see dirty candy?"

Carrie leaned over the DJ board to switch the music but Flynn broke one of the knobs off. "Oops! Knobs broken."

"Ok. Two can play this game. Party at my house!"

As everyone was leaving the gym, Flynn walked in between me and Julie and put her arms around our shoulders. "Well. That kinda backfired. Oh! I mean, the whole night wasn't a bust. The new guy found someone."

Me and Julie looked over and saw them new guy dancing with a girl who was much taller than him.

"Little man has game!" Flynn said, trying to make us laugh. Me and Julie just laughed gently and both put our heads on Flynn's shoulders.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 243 17
🌟MOST IMPRESSIVE RANKINGS🌟 🥳🥳🥳 #1 in #madisonreyes Skyler and Julie have been the best of friends for as long as they can remember. They are in...
29K 752 27
"running from the past, tripping on the now, what is lost can be found its obvious" Charlotte and Julie were best friends when they were younger but...
59.6K 1.1K 17
[ 𝑅𝐸𝐺𝐺𝐼𝐸 𝑃𝐸𝑇𝐸𝑅𝑆 𝑥 𝐹𝐸𝑀.𝑂𝐶 ] Lillianna Patterson is dead. She died alongside her brother and best friends; the boys of Sunset Curve...
19.3K 603 11
Cassandra Mercer was a year younger than her older brother Alex but had the same amount of talent. She was a Goddess in playing the guitar, piano and...