Shark Boy || Free! Iwatobi Sw...

By Kousei_Tsubaki

Y/N is the younger sister of Haruka Nanase. She was quite close to Makoto, Nagisa, and especially Gou Matsuo... More

Author's Note:
Chapter 1 - Childhood
Chapter 2 - Returning
Chapter 3 - Sumezuka Academy
Chapter 4 - Club Applications
Chapter 5 - Joint Training Session
A/N [School and Grades]
Chapter 6 - Training
Chapter 7 - Regiments
Chapter 8 - Training Camp I
Chapter 9 - Training Camp II
Chapter 10 - Limited
Chapter 11 - Prefectures
Chapter 13 - Festival
Chapter 14 - Regional I
Chapter 15 - Regional II
Chapter 16 - Someone Returns
Chapter 17 - Summer Tournament
Chapter 18 - Sosuke Yamazaki
Chapter 19 - Splash Fest
Filler ▪︎ Will you be mine? [Not Canon]
Chapter 20 - Rei and Y/n
Chapter 21 - Sosuke's Date
Chapter 22 ▪︎ Jealousy .•° [Pt 1]°•.
Chapter 23 ▪︎ Jealousy .•°[Pt 2]°•.
Chapter 24 ▪︎ Butterfly
Chapter 25 ▪︎ Unusual Behaviors
Chapter 26 • Studying
How did I get #1??
Chapter 27 • Prep
Chapter 28 • The one and only, Kenma Kozume
Chapter 29 • Sumezuka or Iwatobi?
Chapter 30 • The Fight
Chapter 31 • Running away.
Chapter 32 • Coma
Chapter 33 • Avoidance
Chapter 34 • A Confession
Chapter 35 ▪︎ Last-minute Swimming Montage
Chapter 36 • Regionals Pt. 1
Chapter 37 ▪︎ Regional Pt. 2
Chapter 38 ▪︎ Confronting
Chapter 39 ▪︎ Secrets [Filler]
Chapter 40 ▪︎ Australia
Chaper 41 • Nationals
Chapter 42 • Awoken
Chapter 43 • Graduation
Sneak Peek of Book 2: "Apart"

Chapter 12 - The Relay

344 8 1
By Kousei_Tsubaki

YOUR POV

We all run to my house in search for Haru to tell him about the relay.

"Haru!!" Nagisa shouts as he looks in the kitchen.

"Hey, Haru you up here?" Makoto shouts as he walks into the bathroom.

"He isn't here." Makoto said as he walked down.

"Y/n, do you possibly know where he is?" Gou asked.

"He didn't say anything, so no." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Maybe we can call him!" Nagisa grabs his phone and calls Haru, but it goes to voicemail.

"Hey, Haru! This is Nagisa-

"So, Haru, I may have signed you all up for the relay, tomorrow, I'm so sorry! Gou shouts into the phone after cutting off Nagisa.

"Haru, please answer this because if we can win the relay, we can go regionals!" Nagisa said snatching the phone back from Gou.

"Uh... guys. I feel like I should probably tell you, Haru doesn't even bring his cell phone with him, it's right here!" I said.

Nagisa, Gou, and Rei instantly frowned at your statement.

"Hey, I'll stay here guys, if Haru comes back, I'll tell him about the relay." Makoto said.

"Alright. See you later, Mako!" Nagisa said.

"Yeah. Bye!" Gou said.

"Bye." Rei said.

"So, you hungry?" I asked.

"Nah. I'm fine. I'm just gonna wait here for Haru." Makoto explained.

"Alright then." I said.

I went to the kitchen and took out a piece of milk bread from the pantry. Then I walked back to where Makoto was and took a seat next to him.

"Well then, I guess I'll join you." I said as I eat the piece of milk bread.

-LATE THAT NIGHT-

Haru walks inside to see Makoto and I sleeping on the floor. Myself sleeping on Makoto shoulder, and Makoto holding Haru's phone.

Haru grabbed the phone and saw a voicemail. He hit play and listened to the chaos of a voicemail we left.

"Hey, Haru! This is Nagisa-

"So, Haru, I may have signed you all up for the relay, tomorrow, I'm so sorry! Gou shouts into the phone after cutting off Nagisa.

"Haru, please answer this because if we can win the relay, we can go regionals!" Nagisa said snatching the phone back from Gou.

"Uh... guys. I feel like I should probably tell you, Haru doesn't even bring his cell phone with him, it's right here!" I said.

BEEPS...

The voicemail ended, and Haru tapped on Y/n's shoulder, "Y/n? Y/n-n? Wake up?" Haru whispered.

I eventually woke up, "Huh? h-Haru?"

"I'll do the relay." Haru said.

My eyes widened,"w-What?" She then turned to Makoto and shook him awake.

'Wake up Mako!!! Haru said he's doing the relay!!!" I shouted as I vigorously shook Makoto.

"Wait- what? Really? Makoto asked in a tired tone.

-NEXT MORNING-

THIRD POV

The phone buzzes, and Nagisa tries to grab it still half-alsleep.

"Hello," Nagisa said sleepily. "Haru's going todo w-What?"

"He said, he's going todo the relay!!" Y/n answered.

"Seriously?" Nagisa asked.

"Yes, seriously." Y/n repeated again.

❤️‍🩹

YOUR POV

Haru, Makoto, Gou, and Ms. Amakata stood outside of prefectures.

"Are you sure, you guys will be ok? I mean you're going without any practice, this is going to be a really tough fight." Ms. Amakata states.

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Makoto said.

"Yeah, it's not like this is their first medley relay anyway." Y/n said as she shrugs Makoto.

"But, it is for Ryugazaki." Ms. Amakata said concerned for Rei.

"Speaking of which, where are Nagisa, and Rei?" Gou asked.

Soon Nagisa, and Rei appear out of nowhere running towards us.

"Sorry about that. We're here!"

"We were training." Nagisa said.

"That's right, we worked all morning on our exchanges." Rei said.

"Now his theories won't backfire." Nagisa explained.

"How early d-did you...." Makoto paused and just broke into laughter.

"Oh, and Haru. Thank you. I'm glad we get to swim in another relay together let's have fun!" Nagisa said.

RIN'S POV

I sat on the bench in the hallway by the vending machine, while the medley relay event was being prepared, when Nitori ran over.

"Matsuoka, COME QUICK!!! I think you might want to see this." Nitori yelled.

"Not right now, ok. We still have some time befor the relay." I said.

"I know, but... Nanase's is one of the entries." Nitori stated.

I was shocked, I ran out of the hallway and outside to see all the relay teams lined up for the medley.

"Matsuoka, not so fast! I can't keep up!" Nitori exclaimed.

I then saw all four of them ready to swim the relay.

"Why? Do they really think they can win?"

I got pissed and bit my lip. I watched as the relay started, and Makoto was first with his backstroke.

"What a stroke? It's rough, but dynamic, leaving everyone else behind. It's like no time has passed."

"He hasn't changed at all."

Then Nagisa jumped in the water.

"I haven't forgotten Nagisa stroke, he creates the illusion with his arms as he swims. Brilliant."

The Rei hit the water as Nagisa came to the end of the pool.

"What the hell? Is that supposed to be a butterfly? Pathetic! I don't get it, out of the people why does an amateur like him swimming them!"

I then saw as Haru was about to go, he slid down his goggles, and prepared to jump. And then he jumped, he was in 4th, and then he moved up 3rd, and then he passed another one making them in 2nd, and then Haru touch the wall. And Iwatobi had made it to regionals in the medley relay.

I watched as Makoto reached out to grab Haru out of the water and watched as they laughed and celebrated winning, reminding me of the last relay I swam with them in grade school.

YOUR POV

I watched as Haru reached the end, claiming Iwatobi "1st" on the medley relay!

I noticed Rin watching from the sidelines, and then Gou pulled me up,

"Y/n! They did it, they made it to regional!!" She shouted.

"Yeah! They really did great! I'm so happy for them!" I said.

-NEXT DAY-

"Hey! Look!" Nagisa said.

"Oh, they actually made something for us for winning prefectures." Makoto said.

"I mean they just used the old ones, and covered up the top." I said.

The bell rang and it was class, I watched my brother from afar and noticed he had his head up in the clouds all class period, and all day long today.

❤️‍🩹

End of school and Gou had already planned a whole regiment for us to practice to get our relay time better.

Then we heard someone coming out of the pool, it was Haru.

"Haru, We didn't know you were in there?" Nagisa asked.

"Here you go, Haru!" I handed him a few towels to dry off with.

"Well, It's nice knowing you're out here trying to get better and stuff,"Gou said.

"I'm not. I just came out here because I had nothing todo." Haru said bluntly.

"I think it's time we get going!" Makoto said.

"Alright, I think we should start by warming up!"

"Y/n, Come here! You're a manager too y'know you need to help me with this stuff, and you know more about this swim stuff than I do, so be helpful, and take notes, on stuff they need to improve on!!" Gou shouts.

RIN'S POV

I was in the lockers with Nitori.
He was talking his mouth off and I just stood there and listened.

"Uh...you ok?" Nitori asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Uh- seems like something wrong?" Nitori asked concerned.

"I'm fine." I said again.

"It's just you were so happy about beating Haru?" Nitori asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Yeah, so now, you can but that all behind you and focus on the next step!!" Nitori said excited.

Then Seljuro walked in,"Hey, you two ready?" He asked.

"Where are we going again, Captain?" Nitori asked.

"To pray for the team."

A/n

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Look, I know, the relationship between y/n and Rin isn't really going anywhere. But, I'm trying to make suspense, so just be patient! Alright, Kousei_tsubaki, out!

PUBLISHED: FEB 24 2022

EDITED: APR 08 2024

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

578 36 9
"When you're ten, they call you a prodigy. When you're fifteen, they call you a genius. Once you hit twenty, you're an ordinary person. That's what y...
15.6K 522 11
A year after the regional and Haru has not heard a word about Rin, thinking that Rin went back to the way he was, not caring about them and wanting t...
6.5K 159 25
The cousin of Haruhi Fujioka. A few months ago, her mother passed in a car accident while rushing to pick Y/n up from school. Y/n looked just like he...
8.8K 267 20
disclaimer- I don't own these characters unless I say so. there may be trigger warning ⚠️ so don't read if you have trouble with that. Rin okumaru s...