The Crowning | Skephalo

By DaddyHisokasTongue

!!!COMPLETE!!! Prince Zak is bound to be king over the land of Lozenge, including the town of Badlands. Durin... More

.Intro.
1. Badlands
2. Royal Family
3. Dance
4. Visit
6. Blacksmith
7. Special Town
8. Tea
9. Ring
10. Secret Kiss
11. Terrace
12. Surprise
13. Fate
14. Together, Forever

5. Dinner

545 32 58
By DaddyHisokasTongue

Darryl POV:

Two days later, my mother got my sister and I prepared for dinner at the castle. I got dressed in some fancy robes as my mother and sister wore specially made dresses for this by my mother. I look out the window in the distance to see whether there is a carriage heading towards us. But not yet. So I return my gaze back inside.

My mother says, "Darryl! Lucy! Come here so we can discuss the etiquette needed." Lucy and I sit in front of my mother.

She says, "As soon as we step onto that carriage it will be royal property. We must maintain a respectful, proper demeanor the entire time. Unlike when they were here, it's different. One wrong thing could end up with Darryl locked up.

And I don't know whether I should say this or not but...I think they might be interested in you both for marriage!"

Lucy gasps, "W-what? Really mother! I marry the prince?!"

My mother nods, "I've seen how they've taken a bit of interest and it's only a matter of time before the prince becomes king so they'd want him to be married. And I can visibly see the interest princess Samira has in Darryl."

I don't know but after hearing such news, I'm supposed to be ecstatic aren't I? I can marry a princess and my sister gets to marry the future king. But this "wonderful" news isn't so wonderful after all...I ask, "What would happen if we were to get married?"

My mother replies, "Well you would live in the castle of course."

Lucy asks, "What about you?"

My mother shrugs, "I don't know whether I'd be invited or not. But I'm fine here in the village. The Ahmed's aren't bad people but I wouldn't want to turn into one of them either."

I respond, "Hmm...and what about the town?"

My mother asks, "What about it?"

I reply, "I don't want to really leave here, I love being here."

My mother laughs, "Darryl, you do not see it right now but the castle will provide everything you've given to everyone and more. This town will be fine without you. We will miss you, but we can all stand on our feet."

I shrug, "I suppose but..."

My mother says, "No buts. Just focus on being yourself and winning the princesses affection and you'll be on your way to the castle in no time."

I give a fake smile, "Of course."

Lucy looks out the window and says, "They're here! They're here!"

My mother rushes up, "Ok children, now keep your posture right and yourself proper."

The carriage driver knocks on our door, "Carriage for the Saint family." We walk out and step into the carriage. The trip took around 2 hours or so until we reached the castle from home. The man opens the door for us to get out and we step down.

The king, queen, prince, and princess are all awaiting at the entrance. King Ahmed says, "Welcome Saint family!" We smile and thank him for inviting us.

Queen Ahmed says, "Nice to have you over."

My mother says, "Thank you, it's a pleasure."

Samira looks extra happy once I bow to her. I say, "Thank you princess Samira for allowing my family and I to come to your home."

She smiles, "It's our pleasure to have you over."

The prince says, "No need for all the formalities Darryl." I look over at him and for a second I see a smile on his face.

I replied, "Sorry Prince Ahmed."

He says, "My name is Zak."

I look at him, "Zak, what a fitting name."

He shrugs, "And Darryl, what does it mean?"

My mother comes over, "Darling, because as soon as Noah, my late husband, and I laid eyes on baby Darryl it just became so apparent to us."

Prince Zak says, "Hmm, what a charming name." He smiles at me and I look away. He's...cute.

We go inside to where the dinner table is already set up. A whole feast is spread out and we each have our own acre of food to eat.

The king sits at the end throne chair while the queen sits diagonally from him and the prince next to her, with the princess at the end. My mom sits across from the queen, Lucy sits next to my mother which is across from the prince, and I sit across from the princess at the end.

King Ahmed says, "Let's say a small prayer before we begin." We all hold hands around the table and close our eyes.

Queen Ahmed says, "Bless us, O God. Bless our food and our drink." I open my eyes to look around the table slowly. I see Prince Zak open his eyes and ours meet.

I stare at him and he stares at me as his mother continues, "Since you redeemed us so dearly and delivered us from evil, as you gave us a share in this food so may you give us a share in eternal life."

I give a quick smile to him before I close my eyes and put my head down again. He's witty it seems, perhaps intelligent, and he might be kind, but that I cannot yet tell. We all say amen and then begin to eat.

Our parents make small talk as us children remain quiet beside them; occasionally joining in to add something along. Princess Samira says, "Darry! What are your thoughts about our castle? I assume you've never been here."

I reply, "Not that I remember princess Samira. But it's lovely, the decor and the food is amazing."

She smiles, "After dinner, shall I take you to tour the castle?"

Prince Zak says, "Lucy and I will join the two of you."

I say, "Of course, nice to get to know the both of you." I can tell Samira just wants it to be me and her, but I probably cannot stand that so thank you Prince Zak.

King Ahmed says, "If everyone has finished, we may move to the tea room. Children, Zak and Samira can take you on a tour."

We say, "Yes King Ahmed."

My mother, the king, and the queen all go to the tea room as Prince Zak, Princess Samira, Lucy, and I begin our tour.

Prince Zak says, "Please do not bother to call me Prince, Prince Ahmed, or even Prince Zak. Zak is preferred and perfectly fine."

He looks at me, "No need for formalities as we get to know each other."

I look at him, "Yes Zak, we will try to refrain from that."

Samira says, "And just call me Samira! Princess works as well!"

I nod, "Of course Samira."

We walk into a large room with many decorations like paintings among the walls as far as you can see. Lucy asks, "Where are we?"

Zak replies, "This is our grand hall I suppose. It can take you from one end of the castle, to the other and wherever you'd like."

Samira says, "It's quite a troublesome walk but we get used to it."

I ask, "Do you enjoy living here?"

Samira replies, "Of course I do! We have everything we want." I nod at her and look over to Zak.

He shrugs, "It's good." I can tell he's lying.

He says, "We have everything we want so no reason to complain." I can tell he doesn't enjoy this life like Samira.

I ask, "Do you like my town Zak?"

He looks at me, "Yes, I find it quite enjoyable."

I responded, "Why don't you visit more often if you enjoy it so much?"

He shrugs, "I'd like to but...i'm busy and such so we have no time for charades like dancing and buying bread."

But I can tell that is what he wants to do. Probably raised having to do everything and now he can't step down to where he wants to be. He has to sit on that throne but clearly not because he wants to, but everyone else wants him to.

I say, "Come to town any day you please and I will give you a tour."

He smiles, "Perhaps I'll find time Darryl, thank you."

I reply, "No thank you is needed. I get to show you why I love Badlands so much."

Samira says, "And of course I will come along."

I look at her, "Of course..."

We get to a room where there's ovens lined up and countertops full of food. Zak says, "Here is our kitchen. Our cooks prepare three meals a day for us and they are all heavenly."

The cook comes up to us and says, "Welcome Saint family. Pleasure to meet you."

Lucy and I bow, "Pleasure to meet you."

I say, "Thank you for the dinner, it was lovely."

He replies, "Oh thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it."

We move along touring rooms but rooms like chambers, laboratories, bathrooms, guard rooms, a chapel, boudoirs, along with many others.

We get to a grand room and Zak says, "Here is my parents and I's favorite place to be in our entire castle, our library."

I look around and there are books lined up amongst books, tall as the ceiling. Chairs and small tables around for what I suppose is for comfortable reading.

Lucy asks, "Prince Zak, you said this is your parents and your favorite room. So is it not Princess Samira's?"

Samira shakes her head, "Reading is not my preference."

I ask, "What is?"

She shrugs, "Well I'm not sure but perhaps our chapel. I just can't find this library..."

"Appealing." I finished her sentence.

She nods, "What about you Darryl? Do you enjoy reading?"

I smile, "It's one of my favorite activities to do when I can. How can I teach when I do not support my own education?"

Zak says, "You're a teacher...what do you students learn?"

I reply, "All the knowledge I have to pass on. Libraries, as such we are in, are probably my favorite places in the world; no matter how small or grand."

Samira says, "Oh well...yes! It's a beautiful library I love!" Zak rolls his eyes and I nearly let out a laugh.

Prince Zak says, "Feel free to look around."

I wander and glance at each shelf. It's like they are never ending, one after the other. I ask, "What is your favorite book, Prince Zak?"

He replies, "Well that is tough."

I shrug, "Do you read often?"

He responds, "Yes."

I ask again, "So what is your favorite book?"

He smiles, "I suppose...well I have two favorites. And both might be very common but I can't shame such beautifully written work."

I nod, "I will not either."

He says, "My favorite would either be Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, or Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice."

I replied, "Those are two lovely stories."

He asks, "Have you read them?"

I nod, "I've read both. But I'd say Romeo and Juliet is a story I reread many more times."

He smiles, "Is that so?"

I nod, "I read it every so often when I want to be reminded of thrill, and later on stupidity. The strength, devotion..." Zak continues on with me," pure, blind love for one another with a courage that I envy." We laugh and it's as if we see each other for the first time since we've laid eyes on one another.

I say, "Good to know you have a good taste in things as such."

He nods, "Same for you Darryl Saint. Better getting to know you."

I genuinely smile because...I like this...I might perhaps like you, Zak.

Word Count: 1946

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 1.1K 16
Zak gets a crush on Darryl and forms Hanahaki disease. Will he confess? Will he Get surgery? Will he die? skephalo story no smut blood warning some...
4.7K 88 22
Zak's life is pretty ok. He goes to a good school, lives with his dad, and goes to see his mom and sister on the weekends and half of breaks. But the...
3K 171 24
A story of an empty-hearted medical student Darryl....well that was untill he bumped into a cute stranger. Who knew this cute stranger would change h...
40.7K 1.3K 15
This story takes place in June 2022. Skeppy and Badboyhalo finally meet up for Vidcon. Seeing each other in person, both start to realize they have s...