The Sensible One (boyxboy) ✓

By BigNeptune

Max doesn't do ''flings'', he doesn't do messy and he doesn't like drama. He likes his guests to use coasters... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven

Chapter Sixteen

30K 1.4K 103
By BigNeptune

[Max's POV]

So there we sat on my leather couch, together under my blanket, eating directly from the pizza box like we were children and watching a movie I would never have touched on my own. The lighting was a little dimmer than usual, I had a dimmer switch so I'd lowered it enough that it wasn't a nuisance.

My mind wandered back to Weston even as I tried to stop it. Just reminding me exactly how similar this scene was.

Back then I'd come over to his place and sat down on his couch, watched television with him. He'd always welcomed me into his space and so we'd ended up in pretty uncomfortable positions, getting hot and clammy on one side during those hot summer days with the porch door open.

Memories that were slightly awkward but still pleasant became tainted after he broke up with me. Instead of putting them aside I went over them, opened up the memory file and made all sorts of notes, how I might have been too persistent at times, how much that one expression must have conveyed dislike for me. He must have show me so many signs and I had just ignored them...

Those memories still had all those notes attached, and ungluing them was hard.

Now he was in a relationship with a man, publicly, being invited out to meet his friends... Was it all a lie? Was there an explanation besides it being a lie?

What if I asked angrily why he had told me what he had told me and found that I was not being justifiably upset. What if I had been forcing myself on him and he had just found a one off attraction to a man later in life?

That thought didn't help, though, and I sat there, with this weight in the bottom of my chest, soaking up all of the comfort I could from the pushy stranger I just invited into my home.

He was surprisingly easy to talk to though, small talk flowed easily between the two of us, as though we had known each other for a long time, as though I had met him before somewhere, despite it being practically impossible for our paths to have crossed once before. I would have remembered if I ever saw anyone so unearthly attractive.

I leaned back.

"Well, this definitely isn't Captain America. I'd have remembered that scene from the comics."

"Hm?" I looked up at Lowell to realise he was looking down at me before he quickly turned to look at the screen. The movie he put on and wasn't even sure which one it was. "Why's that?"

I raised an eyebrow, trying to ignore his hand tickling the skin on my hip as his fingers slipped half an inch under the waistband of my underwear. I should have said something, but no matter how much I tried to dislike it I just didn't. It was pleasant, sitting up against him, in a sort of embrace that felt so casual. "Well unless one of Captain America's secret abilities is turning into a werewolf..." I pointed at the screen.

He leaned back. "Right yeah," He laughed awkwardly. "It's okay either way right?..."

He seemed to pull me back against him, either by accident or on purpose, and as I leaned back it should have felt awkward, too far from the laptop or too close to him, a veritable stranger. Instead it felt warm and cosy.

Since when was this couch so comfortable.

I continued to watch the movie quietly, the speakers loud enough to give me second thoughts despite knowing the neighbours would have no way of hearing it, as I made some leeway through my next slice of food, setting the box back on the table.

In the quiet between us I looked up at him and back down at the little space between us. I could smell that scent again, whatever cologne he was wearing was more than delicious. I wanted to move closer to breathe it in, but I was aware how odd that was, and remained still.

He looked down at me just as the werewolf transformed in time to defend himself. This was one of those movies where the werewolf is actually the good guy, or the main character is, I wasn't following the plot carefully but he seemed to be attacking other werewolves too.

All in all it wasn't something I could care too much about, I was more convinced by historical, moving stories rather than fantasy like werewolves or vampires.

"Feeling better?" He asked me.

"Ah, yes." I stared at him, a little distracted by how good he looked in that particular lighting and every other lighting I'd seen in so far. "I mean..." Did I mention feeling upset at any point? I racked my brain for a moment.

"You look different, like you're worried." I paused for a moment, I hadn't seen him in any other mode than chasing and indecent just yet so I wasn't sure quite how to react.

"No..." I looked up at him, seeing him looking down with an intense gaze. "It's all right, it's my problem."

I tried to move back a little to give him some more space but I could have sworn I heard something that sounded like a low growl that made my heart jump that I thought was coming from him until I realised it must have bene the movie.

He seemed to square out his shoulders as he next spoke to me, it would have made him look more intimidating if I wasn't suddenly focussed on what a nice jawline he had, how nice strange things about him were, like his neck and his ears and his eyebrows and the shape of his lips and nose. "What happened."

I waved my hand. "Like I said, my problem, no one else's."

His hand spread out around my side and he pulled me back against him with narrowed eyes. "I'm not just anyone. You belong to me." He said, eyes suddenly blazing.

And it was almost outrageous but my heart raced when I heard those words from the man who was the most opposite to the one I had modelled my later partners after. A little fire in me sparking and I tried to smother it quickly before it showed, my racing heart felt like it was visible on my sleeve.

"I need to know what happened. You have to tell me."

I shook my head. "I'll think about it." I said this as one might to a child, without the intention of actually opening up. I couldn't, far too embarrassing, far too embedded in my past. Talking would do nothing.

He frowned. "I'm telling you, you need to tell me if there's something wrong. I can sort it."

I laughed this time and patted his knee, turning to face back to the movie.

He was endearing, my heart even twinged at that. Everything I had wanted from Weston, but not him, somehow so much better.

But for the next few minutes I felt his gaze on me, burning holes into my skin and when I glanced at him he looked pissed.

"Max..." He said slowly, finally, and in a low voice. "I'm trying to be really sweet, but if there's someone bothering you and you're not telling me that's going to drive me fucking insane."

I patted his hand away from my side and he moved it reluctantly. "It's not an issue concerning you." I replied. Appreciating his concern but not thinking much of it.

"You are my concern..." I heard him say just as  I decided then to get us some tea, it really ought to have been offered at the start but I had forgotten, returning in a heated daze. A glass of water wouldn't go amiss either.

But the moment I got up to go I felt his hand around my wrist as he clasped it and pulled me back down against the couch. It was a sudden, quick movement that sent me sprawled out backwards onto the couch as I swallowed my yelp of shock, bouncing slightly as he climbed on top of me.

He glared at me. "You're not hearing me." He growled, additionally the sound of the movie still adding an extra growl to his voice for a second time. My heart raced again, blood rushing down south, something about it made a nervous fire swell inside me.

I patted his chest lightly as I looked up at him from the sofa cushions, awkwardly shifting under him, fully aware of the slowly increasing pressure in my cock. "I heard you..." 

"No, I need you to listen."

I jumped, the sound of something low and gravelly in his voice but deep and dark, powerful and loud without being a shout. It was an emphasis on the word 'listen' that seemed to send the word reverberating around my head as I looked up with wide eyes. A sizzle of something moving through my body.

Heat... The same kind I had experience before, was beginning to send sparks throughout my body. It made my heart race in my chest, my hands tremble nervously as I reached up, the sudden rush of need confusing and overwhelming.

"What..."

He growled suddenly and that was the first moment I realised that the growling was indeed coming from him, I didn't realise humans could make noises like that, nor did I understand why it wasn't freaking me out as much as it ought to have been, instead I felt like calming him down somehow, my hands absentmindedly still on his chest, patting him gently like a stray dog.

His eyes were slightly wide, as if he were surprised with himself at all, and his lips parted. He remained hovering over me, his tight black tee defining every muscle, especially from this angle, and his eyes blazing as he watched me, nostrils flaring.

[Lowell's POV]

What the fuck was that? How did I just do that?

I hadn't ever used that kind of force in my words before and I didn't know where it came from. I was just pissed that he clearly didn't trust me to take care of him, to even share what was troubling him, that he took my demands lightly and refused to show even the slightest bit of submission.

It was so much easier when I was fucking him, he was so sweet underneath me, moaning in pleasure, red-faced and messy. All I felt inside was roaring pleasure and intense satisfaction, suddenly when I was awake I had to bite through all of this need to see him defer to me, tilt his head and bare his neck, I wasn't sure I could resist that though...

Suddenly an extra level of force had filtered through my words and it made them sound louder, deeper. I saw the way his eyes widened beneath me in shock, he jolted, his hands on my chest as though he was trying to calm me down without realising it. Mouth slightly open as he watched me with a look that came off as almost deep and dazed.

He was probably wondering what on earth just happened.

That made two of us...

[A/N]  Thank you everyone  ♪~( ̄⌣ ̄ ) ♡...

Deadnerd4life MidnightMystery2000 sour_reads Alysse714 ♆ LadyQueen-Samadianaluvsumore Nakiro lilay_lol Aylaxana VixOrphylia midnightdirrty Gsweetdirefaery darkabyss7851 tarry_omlins Onibun lily122436 hasnoshamexx Annabun Echo_53 eatsyounu Nightstalkingheroes Kasilo hannah_khatter ♆ Madara min_aholic CrimsonEyedSinner kenmaakaashi ♆ Choktious

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 59.7K 86
Samuel "Sammy" Albright was your normal New York teen; his mother was a famous doctor, his sister was married to a famous socialite, and his brother...
158K 5.1K 23
Evan Blake was a quiet werewolf, not because he was shy or nervous but because he preferred to observe. It may sound weird but he was the type, alway...
975K 42.2K 40
''Dude! Let go!'' I yell, my voice muffled by the wall of flesh smashing my face. My one arm was still being held secure in the guy's grip and my oth...
706 48 14
Date: 9/12/24 To whom ends up finding this, My Alpha isn't the kindest or most sympathetic wolf... I'm kept in the dark, quite literally. I'm...