Now I'm changed {soukoku}

By Imabakuhoe

After Dostoyevesky's death having Dazai nearly witnessing the death of all of his friends, he finally has an... More

β™‘ Prologue β™‘
✧ Chapter One ✧
β™‘ Chapter Two β™‘
✧ Chapter Three ✧
β™‘ Chapter Four β™‘
✧ Chapter Five ✧
β™‘ Chapter Six β™‘
✧ Chapter Seven ✧
β™‘ Chapter Eight β™‘
✧ Chapter Nine ✧
β™‘ Chapter Ten β™‘
β™‘ Chapter Twelve β™‘
✧ Chapter Thirteen ✧
β™‘ Chapter Fourteen β™‘
✧ Chapter Fiteen ✧
β™‘ Chapter Sixteen β™‘
✧ Chapter Seventeen ✧
β™‘ Chapter Eighteen β™‘
✧ Epilogue ✧

✧ Chapter Eleven ✧

1.8K 76 45
By Imabakuhoe

Thankfully the three of them weren't very far away from the building where Chuuya was, no sounds of mass destruction or loud screeches of satisfaction could be heard, any types of sound came from the ocean waves splashing against the shore accompanied by a gentle breeze, it was far different from how Chuuya usually was when under the influence of Arahabaki.

"How come he's so quiet? Doesn't he just cause destruction until Arahabki kills him?" Seven asked as they speed-walked up the stairs to where Five had said Chuuya was.
"That's what's supposed to happen." Dazai replied not understanding it himself, not a lot of things made sense to him recently and quite frankly it irked him.
"I think it's because Arahabki is trying to extend the time he has in Chuuya-san's body, so he does that by taking breaks to buy himself some more time, they're getting longer -the breaks I mean. Now's the best time to get him." Five spoke with a raspy voice, followed by an aggressive cough.

Dazai nodded panting heavily when they made it to the top of the stairs, his hands were shaking slightly as he reached out to the door handle to press it down, he felt hesitant and he wasn't sure why.

Seven could see how panicked Dazai was and placed her hand on top of his on the door handle, prompting Dazai to look at her, a small reassuring smile was on her face. He gave her a brief nod then opened the door and then Dazai felt his heart drop.

Yes Chuuya was still very much alive and breathing but Dazai wasn't so sure if Atsushi was.

The boy had heard Dazai was missing and went to go look for him, without anyone knowing. Now he ended up getting terribly injured (again). To make it worse he still dealing with his old injuries from the shooting.
"Fucks sake." Five murmured, Seven had been right, this could go very badly.

Dazai walked over to Atsushi his legs nearly giving out underneath as he stared at the boys bloodied body. Seeing him in the care of a hospital was neither a different thing to seeing him bloodied on the floor at his feet. Thankfully, unlike his dream, there were no holes in him but there were a plethora of huge gashes, cuts and plenty of bruises.

Dazai couldn't bring himself to move, he felt his throat close up on him, restricting his breathing, his vision was becoming increasingly blurry, though he wasn't sure if they were tears or not. His shaking hands just hovered over Atsushi's body, not sure what to do, he was whispering Atsushi's name over and over and over, he almost seemed like he was going insane.

Seven looked at Five panicked,
"What- what's happening to him? Five!" Seven asked her voice filled with alarm.
"He's having a panic attack, I just don't know how to deal with him." Five responded as he searched through his brain for answers.
Seven's gaze fell to floor, her eyes darting from side to side as if she was reading some sort of text, she needed to think of something that would snap  Dazai out of his panic and get him to think about the problem at hand.

Her head shot up and as the idea popped into her head, she cleared her throat and took a deep breath in as if she was going to shout.
"OSAMU!" She called out, causing Dazai to jerk out of his daze and stare at her with wide eyes.
"This isn't your dream Dazai! Atsushi-San will be okay! Please listen to me and go save Chuuya-San." Five called out
"It's not set in stone that he'll die, all your other friends as well!" Five shouted, there had to be a way to convince him that this wasn't his dreams
"You're dream or Chuuya-san's isn't going to happen anymore! If we end this now your dream won't come true! Dazai-san please!" Five called out desperately, it wasn't just a case of saving Dazai and his comrades, albeit it was the most important part, but it was also about saving himself, the heart wrenching, forever-lasting guilt that he was at fault for this situation, Five wasn't sure if he could bare it.

Thankfully those words seemed to seep into Dazai's head, his tense body posture relaxed slightly, and he finally looked away from Atsushi's body and towards the other two teenagers, he then wiped the sweat off of his forehead, his vision finally clearing, his breathing stabilising.

He stared at Atsushi and then at Chuuya, he couldn't leave Atsushi but he couldn't let Chuuya die.

Thankfully he wouldn't have to.

"Dazai-san! Get Chuuya-san right now! I'll get the Jinko!" Dazai whipped his head around and saw Akutagawa running towards him, Dazai stared still not being able bring himself to move so Akutagawa activated Rashoumon and pushed Dazai forward,
"Go! Do you want to let Chuuya-san die, I won't forgive you if I loose another superior." Akutagawa called out. Dazai looked at him in disbelief
"Thank you Akutagawa." He spoke
"You only have fifteen seconds DAZIA-SAN GO!" Five shouted, snapping Dazai back to focus on Chuuya.

Seven wanted to stay and watch and help in anyway she could, she really did but when she heard Five cough vigorously and felt blood drip from his mouth and down the collar of her shirt she rushed him out immediately downstairs.

She decided the best place to go was the agency and get Yosano's help, they could also call ambulance for the men up on the roof, it was a win-win  situation.

━━━━✦❘༻🍷༺❘✦━━━━

For the first time in his life Dazai was jumping of a tall place and hoping -praying even- that he wouldn't meet his end at the bottom.

He looked at Chuuya hovering just hovering over the edge, breathing heavily, occasionally gargling when blood came up from inside of him. Even in his complete welded from, he looked beautiful, he looked sad but beautiful. Dazai took a deep breathe and then leaped just a few seconds before Chuuya would meet his end.

He jumped right off of the edge of the building, wrapping one hand around Chuuya's back, the other supporting his head, his ability surrounding the two of them in a blue glowing sphere.

Akutagawa now with Atsushi in his arms watched mildly mesmerised. The blues and purples of the sky complimented Dazai's ability beautifully, whilst Chuuya's ginger locks matched the small amount of orange that was still peeking from the horizon.

Akutagawa noticed how Dazai used all of his remaining strength to turn his body around so that the impact of the water would hit him instead of Chuuya and then they dropped out of view.

Chuuya half way through the fall found himself conscious and wrapped in familiar arms, he could feel the wind flow past him, but he didn't feel panicked, really he felt quiet relaxed.

Until Finally he felt almost all of the air get knocked out of his lungs and horrid cold water surround him, he peered open his eyes finding himself drifting in a deep ocean. His eyes fell onto Dazai who was looking at him too a smile present on his face, his hair floated around his head majestically. Chuuya despite all the pain he was feeling felt a sense of comfort being here with Dazai, he also realised just how much he had fallen for this man, literally. On the other hand Dazai was utterly amazed at how beautiful Chuuya looked, his hair flowed around him like bright rays of sun, his deep blue eyes matching the dark ocean background, he felt somewhat exhilarated at how amazing it felt to fall to his death especially with Chuuya, but he still didn't want this to be the end.

Dazai, using all his remaining strength pulled Chuuya close to him, slipping his hands in between Chuuya's belt and his trousers as if to secure himself to him, the both of them felt so overwhelmed with emotions.

They both knew it would be the end, they wouldn't make it out of here.

Chuuya had never really planned on committing a double suicide with Dazai, but now that he thought about it, this was the best way to go. Right with Dazai by his side.

Dazai gave him the faintest of smiles almost as if it was a goodbye, but Chuuya couldn't have that, not just a smile, he needed to know he was loved by Dazai until the last moment. His body being supported by the water, Chuuya moved one of his hands to hold Dazai's shoulder, the other arm moved around his neck pulling the brunet close to his face, they seemed to be able to read each other perfectly, moving their heads together, pressing their lips softly against one another, with only the water in between them.

Chuuya tugged him close, pressing his lips harder into the latter's, as if screaming at him that he loved him. Chuuya could feel Dazai hold his waist tightly, as if he was never going to let go.

Dazai only tugged Chuuya closer when he felt himself slowly start to loose consciousness, Chuuya responded by kissing him harder, Dazai smiled softly against his lips content with dying this way (though he was still mad that Chuuya wasn't able to live). He could feel Chuuya's grip on him loosening and the pressure that had been applied on his lips fading, Dazai nuzzled his head against Chuuya's shoulder, closing his eyes, letting the dark cold sea claim his life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.9K 23
It had been years since you last saw the red-head. You had lost contact after moving to London to live with your fiance. Suddenly back in Japan, sing...
6.4K 225 4
In Dazai's arms was a small child--Chuuya would guess he was probably around 3 or 4 years old--with, surprisingly, silver white hair staring at Chuuy...
13.3K 628 31
Other people killed, she always danced. . . . It had been years since their paths had crossed. He had been a young mafia executive the last time he s...