Lowkey

By leiiii403

Arabella Malik, the lethal American mob boss's daughter. The beauty of the nineteen-year-old was well-known... More

Authors Note
Aesthetics & Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chpater 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter
SEQUEL

Chapter 51

39.8K 877 127
By leiiii403

Arabella

"𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐧 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞"

The world spun as my flowing blood rushes to my head.

Arms lifted me up, causing my eyes to snap towards the person. Roman scowled at me as he straightened me up.

"Don't do that," He murmured as he tugged my rising shirt back into place. I giggled at his newfound concern, also noticing that he was now completely clothed.

My fat ass self couldn't stand waiting for him any longer, which led to the situation I was in previously.

While Roman had changed, I, for once, was the first one up and ready. Roman had promised to show me everything today, being our official first day together within Milan.

We were also going to see his family this weekend. Which I was wholly nervous for.

However, I decided to deal with my anxieties later—right now, all I cared about was seeing the glorious city of Milan.

Roman took my hand in his and ushered me out of the mansion.

A sleek black sports car was parked out front, and as Roman touched the keys, it opened.

He swiftly opened the door for me and I got in. The new car smell, mixed with this cologne, lingered in the air—and the leather chilled, seats grated beneath my thighs.

Roman instantly started the car and dashed out of the driveway at a breakneck speed.

We travelled across the winding roads, passing through numerous towns and slopes.

My attention was drawn to the unique vehicles and bikes that travelled down the main roads before it was redirected to the small lake we passed by.

Unfathomable views rushed in from the left and right, never allowing me to take my gaze away from the windows.

It was incredibly breathtaking, and I was grateful to fate for providing me with the opportunity to witness it.

He drove further into town—until he reached the main thoroughfares. Roman casually parked the car in an empty spot, leaving it at that.

Once the engine turned off, he got out of his side and strode over to my own. I gathered my small bag and threw the strap over my shoulder, whilst Roman opened the door and I stood out.

When I heard his car lock, I quickly threaded my hand through his and began pulling us in a direction.

He was the one who led the way, seemingly knowing where he was going. He led us along a path—lined with tourists and residents.

My gaze was drawn to the clouds that were developing in the sky, making the air cooler and the streets darker.

Upon walking, he had stopped us in front of a small local cafe. It was cute. Small seats were installed around the café, leading around the back and front, and the store was painted white and blue.

As Roman opened the door, a bell rang, and we entered—the delicious scent of cinnamon was the first to hit my senses.

Women in aprons worked behind the counter, and it was fairly busy—the majority of the chairs inside were taken. We took our place in the little queue and waited.

"Where are we going next?" I asked, eagerly. Glancing at me, he licked his lips and looked around the cafe.

"Museum," He replied. I smiled broadly and clenched my grip on his hand. "Really!?"

He hummed and moved up the line as we approached the front of the queue. I looked through the options and decided on a hot chocolate  instantly.

"What are you getting?" I asked him. He pointed two fingers towards the cinnamon roll behind the glass, and I gave him a goofy smile.

"I thought food like that was 'diabetic'," I stated as I recalled one of the first times we went for breakfast together.

His lips twitched at the sides as he shrugged and looked towards his watch.

After the female in front of us passed, it was our turn to place our order. The older woman at the register raised her eyes from the counter to Roman and me.

Her eyes widened a little when she saw us—Roman, and she stared at him. I instinctively looked up at him, only to see the same blank expression on his face as usual.

"W-What can I get you two?"

She muttered, coughed, and then smiled. I frowned but pushed it aside, as I was about to speak, Roman had beaten me to it.

"Cioccolata calda e un rotolo di cannella,"

Translation: "Hot chocolate and a cinnamon roll,"

She scribbled it down quickly before adding the total. Meanwhile, I was stunned that he knew exactly what I wanted.

After he paid, I continued to gape at him idiotically, following behind him as he moved away from the counter.

"How did you know what I wanted?" I asked him with bafflement. He paused to the side, taking a few napkins into his hands as he spoke.

"I know you," He replied, coolly. I grimaced even more and walked up to him, tipping my head up to meet his gaze.

"Be more specific," I urged, raising my brows. He shifted his gaze away from the napkins in his palm and right at me.

As he took in my 'demanding' appearance, a faint smirk appeared on his lips. "You only drink it in the mornings," he affirmed.

I pursed my lips at his answer. He was correct, which made me wonder how closely he had been watching me. It literally made my heart fucking melt even more.

Not long after, our order was called; he took the brown paper bag and my cup of hot chocolate, then handed it to me.

We strolled out silently, back to the sidewalk, and I followed in his footsteps.

I continued to look about while I sipped my hot beverage, taking in everything I could see. The clouds above had also become thicker and cloudier, indicating that rain was on the way.

When I arrived at the car, Roman, as usual, opened the door for me, albeit his eyes was fixed on something on his phone. I walked right in and he shut the door behind me.

Coming to his side, he got in and sat back comfortably. He inserted his phone into one of the slots and started the car.

I sat in silence, staring at him. He didn't drive, allowing me to turn in his direction while sipping my hot chocolate leisurely.

My eyes averted to the delicious-looking cinnamon roll as he opened the brown bag, and I now thoroughly regret not getting one myself.

My lips parted slightly as he removed it from the bag, his rings gleaming in the sunlight.

As if feeling my gaze, he looked up at me and I did the same. I was staring at him blankly, and he was staring intently at me. His gaze seemed to pierce my soul before sighing and passing the desert to me.

My eyes widened, and I furiously shook my head, attempting to drive it away. "No, you eat it," I murmured and tossed it back into his lap.

He rolled his eyes and hurled it into my lap, then gazed at me with a look that said if I complained again, he'd kill me.

But I knew he wouldn't, so I pushed further. "We split it," I said, knowing we'd never get anywhere given we're both demanding enough.

He didn't say anything, just leant back and watched as I halved it and handed him the larger portion.

After that, I lifted my half and positioned it in the centre, motioning for him to do the same. I grinned as I tapped our pieces together. "Saluti,"

Translation: "Cheers,"

He smirked, "Saluti, Ella,"

Biting into the benevolence, I closed my eyes and heaved in deeply. This was, without a doubt, the greatest cinnamon bun I've ever had.

Without wasting any time, I dug in further. Roman finished ahead of me, though I'm not sure how—because the last time I looked at him, he seemed to be taking his time.

I licked my fingers clean and wiped them away with one of the napkins Roman had brought.

It was like he knew I was going to want it. By the way, I eat so much every day, I guess I'm some kind of food addict.

As soon as I finished my hot chocolate, Roman drove away, continuing down the streets until he returned to the city.

"So, how long are we here for?" I asked, my curiosity piqued.

I observed as he turned a corner—that he was barely looking at the road—his eyes were entirely strained on me, even though the turn he made was more than flawless.

"Next Friday," Hs replied flatly. "And where are we going next?" I asked him, "Oh, and what job were you talking about earlier?"

I blushed as I covered my mouth from my rambling. "Sorry," I mumbled and began tracing my thigh.

"Don't," He stated emphatically. I frowned and raised my eyes to his clouded pupils. "Wha—

"Don't apologise," He explained as he came to a complete stop at the red light and turned to face me. His eyes pierced mine once more, holding something unfamiliar.

"Monte Carlo," He responded his foot firmly on the pedal. "I'll tell you more about it later," he finalised, answering the last question.

I gave a satisfied nod. But then I froze, upon hearing his first answer a few seconds later, excitement raced through me.

"Monte Carlo?" My hands clenched into fists as I exclaimed, unable to contain my joy. He nodded slowly, his gaze fixed on the road.

To avoid further embarrassment, I kept my mouth shut and flung my head towards the window, squinting my eyes shut—recalling how stunning Monte Carlo was.

I've never gone before, and it's yet another destination on my bucket list.

Roman's eyes were directly reflected in the window when I reopened my eyes, a smirk imprinted on his lips as he peered at me from the window's view.

I blushed again, desperately trying to contain further embarrassment for myself.

Then I felt his lips press against my cheek for a brief moment—before they were abruptly pulled away as if they hadn't been there at all.

Staring at him, I took notice of his expressionless demeanour—how he so subtly kissed me and then turned into a robot.

I giggled at that and shook my head.

Once arriving at the museum, we both had exited the car and walked straight towards the large building.

It was built of stone, cream in colour, and stood tall and wide. The arched archway in the entrance allowed considerably more adoration to fall upon me.

Two giant security guards were checking for passes as we approached the front, and I looked to Roman to see if he had any.

To which he didn't, though when the woman in front of us walked in, the man looked up at me, frowned, then moved over to Roman—his eyes widened, and he moved aside to let us pass.

My boyfriend ignored him, moving in and dragging me along with him. I glanced intriguingly towards the guard and Roman, until shrugging it off and then paying attention to my scenery.

We went farther into the etched limestone hall. Barriers of etched white stone and ancient sort of marble, along the walls. The flooring was a black, shimmering tiled floor.

Entering a room, there were sculptures upon sculptures around the room. All of the artwork was created by ancient artists, and modern artists were included as well.

My gaze flitted from one to the next in a matter of seconds, recognising practically everything.

Instead of Roman pulling me, I pulled him.

Going to the first one, it was an elderly woman dressed in a coat with the rest of her body exposed beneath it. Her demeanour was solemn as she held a solitary apple in her palm and looked at it with her gaze.

"That's the 'Solemn Apple' monument," I explained, pointing behind the red rope preventing us from entering the restricted area.

"It was believed to be known in the late 1800s that she murdered her husband with a poisoned apple," I blurted, staring wistfully at the sculpture. "And she was completely solemn while doing so,"

Glancing away, I moved towards the next sculpture and dragged him along with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 925 31
Evelyn Thompson, 19, is a sweet girl, who's fearful of the outside world because of the disability that she has. She's an ordinary girl, just like mo...
1.1M 23K 40
Maya applied pressure to my wound. I hissed from the pain. "Stop fucking around." She rolled her eyes at me. Maya finished tending my wound, wrapping...
344K 6.9K 43
[COMPLETE][UNEDITED] ❝đĸ 𝐚đĻ đĻđĸ𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨đĢ𝐞 đĸ'đĨđĨ đžđ¯đžđĢ 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞đĨđŦ𝐞'đŦ.❞ āĻ“ 𝐒𝐭𝐞đĨđĨ𝐚 𝐑𝐨đŦ𝐞 𝐖𝐡đĸ𝐭𝐞 (𝟏𝟗), the d...
494K 18.5K 53
Daniela O'Brien. Dani is the girl you would say has absolutely no luck going for her at all. Two dead parents, an estranged sister and an abusive, c...