Crush To Boss. ✓ [Editing]

By brownmudpie

"Take it." He mumbled. I obeyed him. His lips were at one end while mine at the other. I felt the heat surrou... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
Crush To Boss.
BOOK
THE DEAL

12

37.3K 792 53
By brownmudpie

edited

Elle Miller.

I opened my eyes welcomed by Enzo's sleeping face. His hand was on my forehead, he was holding a wet cloth on my forehead.

I touched my forehead realising my fever went down. I looked at the time it was 8:30pm. Did I sleep for that long?

Oh my, poor Enzo. He didn't have to do all this. I smiled at the boy who was softly snoring.

I ran my hands through his soft black locks.

He opened his eyes slowly. I pulled away my hand immediately.

"Elle? How're you feeling?"

His voice cracked a little.

"I'm completely fine. Umm.."

"Oh actually..."

He sat up, running a hand through his hairs and continued.

"I checked your temperature after two hours and your fever didn't seem to go down. I was worried so I put this wet cloth on you. Are you feeling any better now?"

"Oh..yes I'm okay.. thank you.."

I was still taking in the new information. He did all this for me. 

Anyways I am really glad. I owe him something too.

He touched my forehead, a satisfying smile on his face. Then his hand slid down to my cheek and then to my neck.

My lips parted at his touch. H-his hand-

"Good. Your temperature is normal now."

He withdrew his hand. I blushed and got up from the bed.

"Are you hungry Enzo?"

"Err kinda.."

He answered reluctantly. Maybe he doesn't want me to go through the trouble of cooking. Ohgod I am gonna cook for him no matter what. After all he took care of me, thats the least I could do.

"I'll start cooking."

"N-no it's.."

He stopped still a bit hesitant.

"It's okay Enzo, look I'm fine.. it's all thanks to you. Now make yourself comfortable."

I smiled at him. He nodded. I stepped out of the room preparing the ingredients to cook something.. good.

He soon walked into the living room. I glanced at him every now and then. I couldn't help but stare at him.

My boss is so caring.

He opened his laptop and started working.

He should be sitting back, resting. Oh can't he give himself a break?

I focused on cooking. Soon, the meal was ready. I called him and served the dinner.

"Smells good.."

He chew on the food. I didn't ate, I wanted his feedback first.

"Reminded me of home."

"Is it good?!"

"Of course, it's delicious."

He said with his mouthful. I smiled. I was happy he liked it. I kept on tasting the food every two minutes to make sure I wasn't messing up.

After all I'm cooking for my boss and crush.

Soon we were done with eating I started doing the dishes.

"Elle.."

Enzo entered the kitchen and rested his hips against the counter next to me with his arms crossed, staring right at me.

"Yes?"

"Today was... A bit messy.. without you.."

He whispered the last part but I heard it. Okay let's pretend I didn't hear that.

"Oh I see.. I'm sorry about that.."

"Don't be.. it's okay you were just sick.."

He was suddenly quiet. I was done with the dishes. I wiped my hands and gestured him to come inside the bedroom.

It was 10pm already and he looked sleepy.

"You can take the bed. I'll take the couch."

"Elle it's your house you can-"

"No. You looked after me and that's the least I can do for you-"

"No!"

He exclaimed. Then he just sighed.

"How about we both take the bed? It's not like I'll make any move on you."

He said with a smirk.

"Are you sure?"

"I mean, if you're comfortable with it then yeah sure."

I thought about it for a while. I mean he won't do anything bad, moreover he is the one who is suggesting me this idea. He might as well be comfortable then.

Without so much thinking I just agreed with him.

"Okay."

We both lay down on the bed. He was on the left side while I on the right. There was a good amount of space between us.

It was dark, just the moonlight entering the room.

"Soo.. what happened after I left?"

"Hmm nothing much.."

"Oh something definitely happened Elle.. you changed.. a lot."

"I think.. I just matured...what change do you find in me?"

"Well..you used to be bubbly shy and cool.. "

My eyes widened in surprise. Thats what he thought of me? That I'm cool? Oh lord, the advantage of playing the same video games as your crush.

"Well... I matured.."

I said. I didn't how to reply to his question honestly.

After he left, it was hell. His ex would be out there bullying me and mentally torturing me.

I slowly started losing confidence but then I changed myself. My personality too, changed over time. I realised there's no point in being scared.

I started answering back. Fighting back against that bitch bully. She never harmed me physically. But she knew I was a sensitive person and little harsh words could hurt me deeply.

But I got used to it. I answered her back , fought back the same way. Which kind of turned me into a cold person. I barely smiled within these 10 years. Now that Enzo showed up in my life again, I started smiling a bit more.

But how am I supposed tell all this to Enzo? He wouldn't believe, I bet he is still in love with Aubrey.

"Yeah right.."

"So, what about you Enzo?"

"I left, I worked hard on myself and here i am."

He chuckled. I smiled.

"I see.. you didn't even tell me anything or text me.."

"I'm sorry I left like that.. my mother kind of.. turned into a strict person after dad left.. so.."

"Oh..."

Maybe I should stop talking. I completely forgot his dad left him.

"Well Elle.. you look so pretty now.."

"I do?"

I could hear him laugh softly.

"Of course!"

"Nah, you are just flirting with me. I know you don't mean it."

He lifted himself resting his elbow on the bed while his chin resting on his palm, looking at me.

"You think I'm lying? Yes I know I flirt a lot but I'm serious right now."

I looked at him, as a red blush scattered around my cheeks.

Someone stop this guy.

"You're still that soft spoken person but just a little bit cold.."

"Well, you are the same too so we are even.."

"Elle... It's work place, I have to be strict."

"Oh I know I was just kidding hehe."

I chuckled at the end. I understand him.

"It's okay Enzo, I don't mind you being harsh on me. It's work, moreover, you are just trying to improve me. Please do correct me if I make any mistakes. You have every right to scold me."

I spoke. Oh my I haven't spoke this much in a while.

"Since i have known you from my childhood. It feel slightly weird to boss you around."

Oh.

"Well, that would be unfair to the other employees, right?"

I pointed out.

"Err yeah, okay then, i will boss you around."

He said as we both chuckled.

"Ah I missed that laugh.."

He said. It was silent again. I was about to say something but he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me close. I was stunned. I wasn't so used to touches. 

Why did he do that? 

"Do you feel okay like this?"

He asked. I gulped, i didnt knew what to say. This feeling is quite unusual.

"S-sorry, i didn't realise-"

He said as he withdrew his arm from me but as soon as he did, i shifted closer to him.

"It's okay."

I mumbled as i looked at him in the eyes. Our faces were close to each other.

.

.

"Enzo?"

I was facing the ceiling right now.

"Hmm?"

He hummed tiredly.

"Do you still like Aubrey?"

I immediately regretted it when those words left my mouth. Why did I say that?!

He pulled away to look at me. He frowned slightly.

"Never. Why would you think that?"

"U-um I kinda heard you talking with her.. um the other day in the o-office.."

I stuttered, starting to feel nervous.

"Nah, I am not dating her. I don't love her. We hook up sometimes but that's all."

"Oh.."

Was all that left my mouth. I'm glad he doesn't love her. 

But they hook up. Jealousy crept up in my heart.

"But I have stopped hooking up with her as well. It doesn't feel right."

I breathe out. He again pulled me close to him. My heart was thumping so wildy right now. I am afraid he would hear it.

"Do you feel okay now?"

I could feel him smirk. I knew what he meant. And I didn't want him to think that I am interested in him. My cheeks immediately heat up.

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"Nothing. Now goodnight."

With that I fell asleep with my head close to his chest and his arms tightly wrapped around me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 71.8K 48
"What did you do?" Nathan voice make me jump, he was standing right behind me. I turn around slightly to face his towering frame at me, "Nothing, it'...
14.4K 240 34
𝖩𝖺𝗒𝗇𝖾 𝖬𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗋𝖾𝗅𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗉 𝗂𝗌𝗌𝗎𝖾𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗁𝗎𝗌𝖻𝖺𝗇𝖽, 𝖠𝗋𝗅𝗈 𝖳𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗈...
6.6K 107 30
"I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of history repeating itself" I whispered out. He grabbed my chin to make me look him in the eye, "I didn't hear yo...