The Legend of Zelda: The Dese...

By Aki-no-densetsu

It has been a couple thousand years since the Hyrule Warrior died. Hyrule was in a state of absolute peace an... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
I'm back ig
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII ~Legend of Ortu~
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI ~Legend of Urnadia~
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL ~Legend of Orbunoa~
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV ~Legend of Arisa~
XLV
XLVI
Quick Gerudo Language Stuff
XLVII + Author's Note
XLVIII - Epilogue
XLIX - Post Epilogue

XI

11 1 0
By Aki-no-densetsu

"I see you have discovered the full Triforce. Now it is time to return the words of the hero to the next hero. Not but three days ago, the spirit of an olden hero appeared to me in the castle." Lindor said grandly, nodding his head occasionally with his words.

"The Hyrule Warrior." Link said automatically.

The king nodded. "Affirmative. The hero bestowed the words of the ancient age on me. When the sands blow from the southwest, the hero will rise to create the blades of golden power." King Lindor looked out of the window opposite from the door.

"The Master Sword, Light Sword, and Demon Sword." the princess interjected from her place by the bookshelf.

"Correct. But those aren't filled with golden power. You must do this. Each of you shall depart to fetch these blades. Complete a trial to receive them. The Hyrule Warrior will give you further instructions afterwards. Until then, do your utmost to find these blades." Lindor ordered sternly. He gave them each a folded piece of paper.

"What is this?" Ganondorf asked curiously.

Lindor looked at the Gerudo man. "That is the answer to where you must find your respective blades." he answered.

"What shall you do until we return, Father?" Zelda stepped forward, raising her hand to her chest.

"I shall prepare the kingdom for future danger. The Goddess Hylia would not bring us a new hero if danger were not an iminent threat." he pointed out.

They nodded and bowed respectfully as the king left the princess's study. Then, they each held up the pieces of paper and looked at them each. Link looked at Ganon and Zelda.

"Shall we?" Link asked.

They all opened their papers simutaneously. And they all observed the maps in front of their faces.

"The Lanayru Region?" Zelda inquired.

"Faron?" Link said, observing the inscriptions of tropical forests and Lurelin Town in the southeast.

"Eldin. Death Mountain, Gorko Tunnel, Golow River, Lake Darman, Lake Darunia, Death Caldera. As well as Eldin Citadel, Marinoa Town, and Rist Village. (A/N: Marinoa Town is Tarrey Town in Breath of the Wild) Of course I get the weird place." Ganon complained from his spot against the wall.

"Well, all we have to do is search for the sacred spring in our regions. Shouldn't be too hard, right?" Link guessed hopefully.

Zelda sighed. "Well, not exactly. My father said to complete a trial. And the springs are well fortified behind temples that were built centuries ago." she explained uncertainly.

She's right. We don't know what to expect in the temples. The Courage Temple is what guards the Master Sword and the Spring of Courage. It will most likely be heavily fortified. We must stay on high alert. Link realized suddenly. The princess was right.

"Yes, Link. You should stay very aware for danger. Valoria has gained consciousness and is very aware of his situation. Stay on your guard." the Hyrule Warrior whispered in his mind.

"We should stay on high alert. We won't know what to expect in the temples. After all, they guard the three sacred springs as well as the ancient blades. They are bound to be pretty well fortified." the younger boy said finally.

Zelda nodded. They both looked to Ganondorf, who sighed and nodded finally as well. They all looked at their maps and calculated silently where the springs may be.

"Let's pack up for a long journey. Especially you, Link. You have to go all the way to the other side of Hyrule." Ganondorf finally groaned, breaking the spell.

They all parted ways. Zelda went to her room while Link went to Castle Town and Ganon went to the kitchens of the castle.

-----

The trio met in the central square of Castle Town. The carried bags full of necessities and whatnot. They also had pouches of rupees tied around their hips in case they needed to buy any other supplies along the way.

Link, Zelda and Ganon had three custom made scimitars created for them by Lady Moriah, the Gerudo Town ruler. Link's had emeralds embedded along the hilt. The handle was made of pure gold and a brilliant, bright green ribbon wrapped around it for a grip. The blade was a very bright, pure white metal that shone brightly in the sun.

Ganon's had rubies embedded along the hilt instead of emeralds. The handle was made of a dark, almost black, shiny metal. The blade shone with a glittering red metal that glowed rather darkly. There was a red ribbon that circled around the handle.

Zelda's had sapphires embedded along the hilt. The handle was made of a royal blue metal that wasn't metallic but still had a gleam to it. The blade was a blue so bright that it was almost white.

"Those are scimitars I had hand-made by the Rauru Settlement blacksmiths. They represent the type of people I had in mind. You three specifically. Link, the hero of Hylia, chosen by the Goddess herself. Ganon, the mighty warrior and the reincarnation of the Demon Lord himself. And Zelda, the direct descendant and reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia." Lady Moriah informed them, pointing to each person in turn.

"The Courage Scimitar." Link said out loud.

"The Power Scimitar." Ganon offered.

"And the Wisdom Scimitar." Zelda finished.

The Gerudo lady nodded with a smile and looked at them. "Of course. I see you understand what other ways I designed them. But Link would know the most hidden aspect of them."

The boy's eyes widened. "I do?"

Moriah nodded. "Very much so. Take a look at the gemstones embedded in the hilts."

They all held out their scimitars, allowing Link to look closely. Emeralds, sapphires, and rubies...

"The Legend of Time. The Kokiri Emerald, Zora Sapphire, and Goron Ruby. The Hero of Time had to collect these stones from the Great Deku Tree, Princess Ruto, and Darunia to open the door to the Master Sword and the seal to the Sacred Realm." he answered finally as he recalled the details of the Hero of Time.

She nodded. "Correct. Now, go along. I gather you have a long journey ahead. I have to attend the council meeting to prepare for evils."

They all nodded and began walking down the main road out of the town and south in the direction of the Ceremonial Grounds.

They stopped on the stone altar where the Hyrule Warrior was recognized as the knight who'll seal the darkness.

"So. This is good-bye for quite a while, Link." Ganon said finally. He looked off in the distance, avoiding Link's eyes.

He nodded. "I know that. Ganondorf, I'll be fine. I was born into this life for a reason. I was meant to become a stronger person so I could save this very kingdom from destruction." Link said with very serious determination.

Ganon sighed and chuckled slightly as he looked at his friend. "Very dramatic, Link. Please be careful. I wasn't joking when I said years ago that I couldn't live without you."

His friend nodded, knowing that feeing all too well. "Of course. You do the same. Maybe after this is over, we can go back to Gerudo Town and have a drink at the Noble Canteen."

Ganondorf nodded. "Definitely. We must be off now. Zelda, it's best you take the path that passes Goponga Village. Link, you obviously pass by the Great Plateau and Lake Hylia. I go north by the Woodland Stable and by the Eldin Citadel." he explained sternly.

Zelda nodded. "Yes. I see you learn well from your tutors in the desert. I have heard as much, too."

But the boy, the soon hero, felt like he wouldn't see Ganondorf for a while. However, he felt like he was going to see him again soon enough.

"Just- when we get our swords... let's all meet by Lake Kolomo. On the peninsula with the old ruins on it." he suggested hopefully, specifically to Ganondorf.

Ganondorf and Zelda looked at each other, which made Link feel really irritated for some reason. He didn't know what was going on.

"Of course." Ganondorf said hesitantly.

"Yes. Lake Kolomo, the peninsula with the old ruins." Zelda said immediately.

Link nodded with a smile, feeling way more confident. But this wilted perhaps a centimeter when he noticed Ganondorf look away with a slightly irritated look.

They all turn their different directions and began walking away.

Link looked off towards the Great Plateau in the distance, the location of the Eastern Abbey and the Temple of Time.

"From here on, your future is much more uncertain than you think." the Hyrule Warrior whispered wisely.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28 0 14
The land of Hyrule is once again in danger. Enemy attacks have increased as Hyrule's leaders struggle to put an end to them. As Princess Zelda and he...
3.5K 210 12
What if Link was on the verge of death? Goddess Hylia opened up a portal when the hylian hero Link was close to dying at the hands of Calamity Ganon...
6K 189 11
The legend of the hero, Link, the Goddess reborn, Zelda, and evil reincarnate, Ganon has been ingrained in the history of Hyrule from its very incept...
11.1K 312 35
The Future Hero of Time, Link's Triforce within his left hand has broken off into 12 pieces. Because Link's Triforce had broke, it took along his own...