Accepted

Bởi narrowpath

After the dark magic consumed Saron, she was forced to live a life of constantly looking over her shoulder. T... Xem Thêm

The last encounter
A year of running
Two witches one path
The reunion
A painful conversation
Actions have consequences
Hateful glares and guilty consciences
The truth revealed
The Delegation's summon
An unexpected betrayal
All cards on the table
Close call
War has come
The clock is ticking
More bad news
The worst is yet to come
It never ends
Saying goodbye
Back to training
An unexpected ally
A battle with strangers
Let's do the impossible
Limitless potential
It's the final countdown
Not going down without a fight
Training and more training
It's almost time
Preparing for war
It's begun
A narrow escape
Heartbreak and loss
The Aftermath
The Second Wave
The Third Wave
The Fourth and Fifth Wave
The Real Battle

War and it's casualties

60 7 1
Bởi narrowpath

"Go," I yelled at Zion, who was still by my side despite the giants who were quickly filling the area. I took up into the air speedily making my way towards the giant.

Having pulled one of the knives out, he thrashed the bloody knife through the air attempting to hit me. I dodged it easily, speeding up as I neared his chest. I let dark magic flow out of me as I neared him, causing him to wince in pain and retract his outstretched hands. In a second, I reached back and grabbed an arrow and plunged it into the giants heart.

I yelped in pain as I felt the bones in my wing crack. Another giant had snuck behind me and grabbed me by the wing as I was killing the first. I let dark magic seep out of my body, hearing the yell as the dark magic burned the giant's hand, forcing him to let go. As I dropped quickly through the air, I howled in pain, activating my werewolf side and transforming in a flash. I landed securely on my feet, digging my claws into the ground in preparation to pounce.

I scanned the room with my eyes, sharpening them with my vampire sight. The battle had only begun but I already saw bodies scattered, mostly ours and some of the giants. My heart caught in my chest as I looked back, searching until I spotted the sheathe of dark magic I had encased Esat in. I let out a sigh of relief that came out as a grunt in my werewolf form as I noticed it was still in one piece.

I howled in pain as I got knocked to the side, landing on my back as two giants cornered me from both angles, cackling as they closed the distance on me. I snarled, my fangs growing out of my mouth as I ran speedily towards the one closest to me. I reached him quickly, jumping up to the giant's knees. I let the dark magic seep out of my mouth as I sank my teeth into it's flesh. The giant screamed, grabbing his knee in pain. The other giant rushed towards me angrily and I watched him, waiting for him to get close enough. When he was barely a few feet of reaching me, I pounced out of the way, causing him to ram right into the giant who was barely standing straight as he recovered from my attack. I wasted no time, jumping onto the giant and using my teeth to rip its heart out in one fluid motion before pouncing onto the other and doing the same. Both of their large, irregular shaped hearts lay beside them as I jumped off their limp bodies.

I turned around, noticing I had caught the attention of a few other giants. There were now giants abandoning their attacks and barreling straight towards me.

"Saron!" Zion's voice rang out. I swiveled around, noticing him about a mile across the landscape, looking dead at me.

"I'm fine!" I yelled, nodding at him as I focused on the horde of giants closing in on me.

In the corner of my eye, I spotted a student, trying desperately to escape between the mountains of legs threatening to trample him from every angle. I focused my dark magic, aiming it towards the legs of the giants. The giants grunted, quickly running away and clearing a path for the student to run through. I did a quick count, swiveling around to see almost 20 giants making their way towards me.

Sergewaio

I flinched, not expecting to hear the voices. The dark magic hardly spoke to me now. Whenever I heard from them, it was unexpected and always to leave some cryptic message. I stayed quiet, waiting for them to give me something, anything.

Use the light and the darkness

Huh? What light? Did they mean my angel powers? How would that help me to take down the giants?

I snapped back to reality once I felt a whoosh of air as a knife came barreling towards me. I held my hand up on instinct, stopping it in the air. The knife froze in it's place. My mouth dropped open in shock, realizing what I did.

I hadn't been able to use my Earth magic since the dark magic consumed me. I hadn't used my dark magic this time and it still stopped.

I crouched down quickly, touching the ground. I felt a burst of magic enter through my hands as the grass grew taller under my touch.

I gasped, letting out a chuckle as I realized my Earth magic was back.

"You won't be laughing for long girl," one of the giants snarled, kicking his leg into my direction. I smiled, getting up and outstretching my hands. I looked around, focusing on all the giants as I pulled the air from their surroundings. They all instantly clutched their throats for air, some dropping to the ground. I released my wings, shooting up in the air as I watched them fall one by one, unable to breath.

"How are you doing that?"

I looked to my left, Star heaving beside me. Her clothes were tattered and she had blood splattered all over her shirt.

"I got my Earth magic back somehow."

"How?!"

"I don't know but I'm not complaining," I said as I watched the giants lose consciousness one by one.

I reached back, pulling out an arrow as I aimed it for one of the giants, letting the arrow fly and pierce it's heart. The giant's face paled as his life faded away. I saw a knife go flying through the air, piercing into another giant's chest. I turned, placing it's shooter.

I couldn't help but grin when I spotted Larx, hovering in the air and winking at me before flying away.

"Is that your blood?" I asked Star, pointing at the blood that was splattered all over her. Her face grew sad as she looked away.

"It was someone else's. I couldn't save them."

I gave her an understanding nod before shooting another arrow at another giants chest. She pulled out a knife, flinging it down into another.

"Have you seen the others?"

"Joel and Jeremy were with me. They're fine. I haven't seen Bonnie or Tom."

I pushed Star violently away from me as I saw a horde of arrows headed right towards us.

"I got it!" I yelled to her as I flew in the direction of the arrows. I twisted the arrows in the air, aiming them right back at the giant who aimed them towards me. Having my Earth magic at my disposal was making this much easier. I whispered a quick thanks to the Earth before tapping into my dark magic and imbuing the arrows with it as it sank into the giant, one piercing it's heart.

It went on like this for hours. Attacking giants, killing them. Saving who I could. I hadn't spotted any of my friends and I could only hope they were alright. Every time I looked around, the giants seemed to multiply and despite how many we had killed, our numbers seemed to be the only depleting.

"Hey hybrid!" a voice yelled out.

I rotated in the air to put a face to the name.

It was a girl, with blue eyes and rich dark brown skin like mine. I could see how tired she was and the slash in her thigh explained her slow flying.

I reached out my hand, tapping into my Earth magic before aiming a wave of magic into her thigh.

She screamed, backing away from me before she realized what I did. She looked up from her healed thigh and her eyes softened.

"Thanks."

I nodded, turning away to engage in another battle.

"Hey!"

I turned around again, narrowing my eyebrows at her in confusion.

"Couldn't you do that thing you did to all of them?"

"What?"

"I saw you choke them out. You don't even look tired. Couldn't you do that to more of them?"

My face relaxed as I realized what she was saying. My dark magic had no limits. Does that mean my Earth magic doesn't either?

I flew away from her, hovering over the battle field. I raised my hands, focusing on the giants as I pulled the air. I could feel my hands shaking at the overwhelming amount of power rushing through me. I reached into my dark magic, tapping into it and releasing waves out as I pulled my Earth magic. I closed my eyes, focusing my mind as I let the dark magic form weapons in the air. I opened my eyes, seeing the giants choking and falling down. The ones who weren't effected were noticing the ones who fell and backing away. There were thousands of giants scattered about and I had only effected about half of them. My veins burned as the magic was flowing out of me at an alarming rate.

"Saron!" a voice yelled out. I closed my eyes, focusing. I couldn't afford to break focus.

The next time I opened my eyes, I saw the students and all the supernaturals who had arrived with the Delegation running around and sinking weapons into the hearts of the Giants who were struggling for breath. The ones who hadn't been effected were fighting harder than before while most of them ran.

I held on, focusing on my magic as I watched the Giants get killed one by one. I held on until I could feel the searing headache take over my mind. I grabbed my head, screaming in pain as my eyesight blurred.

"Not. Now," I whispered through gritted teeth as I held on with all my might to my consciousness.

I held on as long as I could until I felt my body drop.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

47 6 5
''To all the men who pretend to be gods, and all the women who will succeed them.'' Centuries ago, the world was cursed by the gods. A large tree spr...
201 62 31
Born abused Raised a slave Left for dead But that's when my life took a better turn when I learnt that am mother nature's daughter. Fell in love wit...
8.9K 602 29
My name is Shine Skyler Jones. The unluckiest woman in the world. At some points I'd rather be mould by the monsters underneath my bed. but what if I...
29 0 11
A darkness slithers into the dead's haven and turns their spirits against the living. An elven mage who enters the realm of the dead at will... A r...