Cupid Shinobi: Naruto Fanfic

By Ryuu_Tsukima

*The art cover is by our lovely friend @EMOPHASEWHENIWASAKID* Y/n is known as the Cupid Shinobi in the villag... More

Y/n Bio
Y/n Kanroji Kocho
Team Assembles
Meeting and Training
Let The Test Begin!
You Fail!
A Dangerous Mission!
The Demon Vs. The Slayer!
Be Prepared
New Healing
Round 2 Leaf vs. Mist
Fate meets again
What happened?
New Improve
A Good Day
Y/n x GN! Reader One shot
Chunin Exam
Meeting new team!
Rookie Face Off!
The Written Exam
Tenth Question
Death Forest!
Unknown Threat!
Snake Vs Butterfly
The Heartbreak
Love Rage
The Third Test
First round
Puppet Master
Cupid's Sadistic
Team 7B's wrath
The Power of Wind and Shadow
Top Dog Unleash!
Naruto's Surprise Weapon!
Byakugan Battle!
Stand out!
The Power of Youth!
Forbidden Secret Jutsu
A Splendid Ninja Is Born!
Interview Q&A
Shadow in Darkness
The Stone Sensei
Stone Heart
Deadly Heart Attack
Sheer Cold
The Bounding Day
Bonding With Poison
The Evil Hand Revealed
The Final Round
Byakugan vs. Shadow Clone
Ultimate Defense
A Failure's True Power
Zero Motivation
Dancing Blood Lust
The Technique Is Born!
The Konoha Crush Begins!
Village in Distress
A Call to Strike
Hokage Battle Royale!
A Mistake from the Past
Dead Demon Consuming Seal!
Panda's Identity Emerges!
Pushed to the Edge!
Assassin of the Moonlit Night
Light vs. Dark
The Sand Demon
Cursed Mark AU
Ninja Handbook
Interview Q&A Part 2
The Third Hokage, Forever...
Return of the Morning Mist
Sharingan vs. Sharingan!
Potential Disaster!
Roar, Chidori! Brother vs. Brother!
Hate Among the Uchihas: The Last of the Clan!
A New Training Begins: I Will Be Strong!
Keep on Training: Pop Goes the Sound!
The God and The Angel: Unforgettable Night!!

Hit it or Quit it

4.2K 165 52
By Ryuu_Tsukima

If you can ask any characters a question, what would it be?

No One POV:

"You did it!"

Everyone was clapping as they couldn't believe what they witness. Naruto was panting as he was the winner of the first match in the final competition. His opponent Neji was laying on the ground as he couldn't move.

'Wow, that Naruto kid really knows how to fight.' One shinobi thought as they were also clapping. Sakura and Ino was smiling as they were glad that Naruto won the match. Naruto look to the side as he sees the villager's applause and cheering.

Naruto was shock as he look around more. Everyone in the arena was cheering and clapping for him. Hearing the multiple compliments as it made Naruto laugh.

'Incredible.' Genma complimented. 'Even after that fight, he has the energy to run around. That kid has amazing stamina.'

"Yeah! Yeah, yeah, yeah!" Naruto cheered as he runs to the waiting area. 'Naruto just keeps getting stronger.' Sakura thought. "Wow, he did it. He won the fight." Sakura turn to hear some of the villagers talking. "Mm-hm. He's on the track to success."

'I hate to admit it, Naruto, but I envy you.'

Sakura sigh as she watched Naruto running around with a smile on his face. 'But watching your battle has made me realize that I have to work really hard too, or I'll never get anywhere.' Sakura look down as she had the flower in her hand.

"Naruto defeated Neji?" Shikamaru ask out loud. "Oh, man, I can't believe it." Shikamaru sweat drops a little. "And I thought Naruto was the same as me, one of the dorky, uncool guys."

"Dorky and uncool?" Shino question as he was next to Shikamaru. "Now everyone's saying that he's going to make something big of himself. Just great. I doubt I could beat him now. This is really bad. I've never felt so depressed. What a drag."

"He was able to draw upon the Fox's chakra all by himself." Kurenai stated as she was shock by what she saw what Naruto did. "Yeah. Even the people from the Hidden Leaf Village seem totally surprised." Asuma also informed.

'Remarkable.' Lord Third complimented. 'When did he learn to control the chakra of the Nine-Tailed Fox to such a degree?' He wondered. Kazekage was also watching as he didn't say anything.

"Even a caged bird was smart enough, and will be able to figure out how to open the door to its cage with its beak." Genma stated as the medical ninjas came to take Neji to the infirmary room. "The dream of flying and breaking free is too great to resist."

Hiashi was look as there was something in his face as it was a natural look. Hanabi caught her father's expression as she turn to him. "Father." Hanabi called.

Scene Change Jutsu:

It was at the infirmary as the doctors was with Neji, laying down on the bed. "Good news. No damage to your internal organs." One of the doctor inform as Neji was silent.

"It seems like you used up all your chakra." The second doctor informed as it was concluded why Neji could barely move. Neji was silent as although he could speak, it was that something was on his mind.

"I've got new for you, Neji. You're not the only special one around here."

"Why fight a hopeless battle trying to defy your destiny?"

"'Cause you called me a loser. I'll show you I'm not."

"They were born destined to be Hokage."

"You can think that way if you want."

The door suddenly open as it alerted the medical doctors. "Huh? Lord Hyuga." One of the doctor said as it made Neji try to get himself up. There Hiashi was at the door as he look at the two doctors.

"I'm sorry, but could you please step out for a moment?" Hiashi requested. "Well, we're not supposed to." The doctor instructed as they were half 'n half about the request. "It won't take long." Hiashi assured.

"Yes, of course." The two doctors left the room. Leaving to now Hiashi and Neji alone as they were the only ones in the infirmary room. 

Neji groans as he get himself up. Making him now sitting at the edge of the bed. "What do you want with me?" Neji ask. "You know that day." Hiashi said as Neji turn to look at him.

"Well, I've come to tell you the truth about what happened." Hiashi explained as it made Neji confused. "What are you saying?" Neji questioned.

Flash Back Jutsu:

It was in another room, another building, another location. A boy was panting as he was running towards a door as he made it to the room. The small boy was Neji was he stopped before breathing hard.

The room had some men surrounding the bed as the person in bed had a white cloth covering their face. The people surrounding the bed was members of the Hyuga's Branch family.

Neji went to the bed as he closes his eyes. He knew who the person in bed was. His eyes open as tears started to make its way.

Present Time Jutsu:

Neji look at Hiashi as he remember that night. "That day, I was fully prepared to die." Hiashi said.

It was as if his words hit Neji hard as it made his eyes widen by those words. "What? What are talking about?" Neji ask as his voice was louder. "That day, my father was forced to pose as you, and was murdered for the sake of the family."

Hiashi didn't answer as he reached to his clothing. In his hand was a scroll as he walk towards Neji. "The truth you seek. The truth is here in this scroll."

"Of course." Neji stated. "It's only excuses made for the convenience of the head family." Neji said as Hiashi placed the scroll next to him. "The person you are now should be able to understand." Hiashi said.

Neji turn his attention to the scroll. He look at it as he recognize the writing. He picked up the scroll as he opens it.

"Neji, I'm afraid that I only have a little time left. And I want to use that limited time to tell you something."

'Tell me something?' Neji question in thought.

"The Head Cloud Ninja from the Land of Lightning tried to abduct Hinata. But Lord Hiashi killed the would-be kidnapper. However, the Land of Lightning refused even to acknowledge the abduction attempt, and instead only made trouble about the Head Ninja's death. The demands for retribution were completely unreasonable."

Flash Back Jutsu:

"It cannot be helped." Hiashi said. "With my one life, the entire village can be saved." Hiashi explained. 

Lord Third look down as he also acknowledge what Hiashi is speaking about. However one of the elder Hyuga reposed what Hiashi is willing to do.

"Please don't be so hasty." The elder Hyuga said. "The Hyuga family's kekkei genkai is one of the most important strength of our village. It's the sworn duty of the Head Family to protect it forever, no matter what."

"Yes, but I must put aside that duty if keeping it means involving our village in desperate war." Hiashi countered.

"I understand that, but that is why--"

"Huh?" Hiashi recoiled as he know what the elder Hyuga member is going to say. 

"Isn't that why we have branch families after all?" The elder said. "We'll take Hizashi's corpse and hand it over in place of yours."

Hiashi gasps. "Do not worry. Hizashi fully understands his duty." The elder said as it made Hiashi look at his twin brother. He quickly turn towards the elder.

"Yes, but what they're really after is the secret that lies within the Byakugan." Hiashi stepped forward. "And when Hizashi passes away, that power will be sealed forever. I doubt that the Land of Lightning will consent to that."

"Hm. Yes, you may be right about that. But there may be a way around it." The elder said. "The Land of Lightning's demand simply says hand over Hiashi Hyuga's dead body. If we pretend that we're agreeing to their terms and hand over Hizashi who looks identical to you, then they can't pursue it any further than that."

"But it's not..." Hiashi was stuck as he didn't know what else to say.

"Look, Hiyashi. Don't concern yourself with this. Any of your predecessors would have done the same to protect the Hyuga Clan. Even siblings must have the courage to sacrifice each other when needed."

Hiashi look down as he have no other choice. "This must be. This is the fate of the Head Family, its destiny. Those born to the Hyuga Clan bear the burden of ruling." Hiashi growl a little.

"What's wrong, Lord Hiashi? You're usually so confident and determined." His twin brother Hizahsi ask. "This is far too important for me to act recklessly. It's not that easy--Ah!"

Hizashi attack Hiashi as it made everyone gasps. "Ugh." Hiashi landed on the ground as he was groaning, trying to get back on his feet. "Hizashi, no. You mustn't."

"Please, Hiashi. Let me do this." Hizashi said.

"But--But you have Neji. Why do you choose death? To save the Head Family? It makes no sense."

"You must understand. For a long time, I have resented the Head Family. To tell the truth, even now, I'm bitter. I'm not doing this because of you're a part of the Head Family. I want to die protecting you because you're my brother, Hiashi."

"It's the first time I've felt free enough to choose my own path, the first time I've truly had freedom. I've always only shown Neji my ugly side. But this time it's different. This time, I've finally come here to act in the way that I believe is best."

"I ask you, please give Neji a message for me. Tell him that I wasn't killed to protect the Head Family, but rather to protect my siblings, family, and village. And by my own free will, I chose death and I chose my freedom."

Hizashi turned as he smile, walking away as he headed towards the door. Lord Third put his hat down a little, covering his eyes.

"You--You think that choosing death is the same as choosing to be free?" Hiashi can only ask as he was slowly gaining his strength back.

"Don't you see, big brother? I have become free. I have defied the fate of the Hyuga family. I simply wanted to choose my own destiny."

"Goodbye."

Present Time Jutsu:

"Forge your own destiny, Neji. Your fate is something you create with your own hands."

"Father." Neji could only say. Reading everything that the scroll stated with his own father's handwriting, it was something that he couldn't take emotionally. He turn to see Hiashi bowing as he was on the ground.

"This is the truth." Neji's eyes widen as he couldn't believe what his eyes are seeing. "I'm sorry." Hiashi apologize.

Neji's pupil was shaking before he slowly calm himself. "Please, Lord Hiashi. Don't bow to me." Neji said. Neji's eyes was close as he was silently crying.

'Father, I can't be sure if a person's destiny is like a cloud, floating on a fixed current that it can't escape, or if people are able to ride on whatever breeze they choose. I don't know.'

'I don't completely understand it yet. And maybe the destination is the same, no matter what you choose. Just when you choose one course, along comes someone who's picked a different path, one that's devoted to living life to its fullest. There's real strength to be found in that love of life.'

'I finally understand that because of this latest battle. Now, Father, I have only one goal.'

Neji stand as he look outside of the window. Looking up in the sky as his eyes show a new meaning then the coldness that he once had for years.

'To become stronger so I won't lose to anyone again. That's what I feel my goal is now.'

It was outside where birds was flying. However there was also a butterfly as it was dancing with the birds.

'Father, I wish you could see these birds flying. But also...'

Scene Change Jutsu:

It was back into the arena where the crowd is chattering. The Kazekage chuckles, "This crowd is certainly energized." He mention as his eyes wondered around. "That's because it was a terrific fight." Lord Third answered. "Of course. It's that too. But.."

"Hm?" Lord Third turn to eyes at the Kazekage. "It's also anticipation. It's likely that the Shinobi leaders, Feudal Lords, and other spectators are looking forward to this next match more than everything." Kazekage explain as it made Lord Third look away. However that didn't made Kazekage loose his focus at him.

"By the way, the Uchiha wasn't at the opening ceremony. Not only that but words spread that another gifted boy didn't show up. Kanroji Kochou is it? Have they arrived already?" Kazekage questioned.

The question hit Lord Third. He has forgotten about Y/n as he was focusing on Sasuke being there. It then click that Haku was also not there as well.

"Uh, well..." Lord Third was coming with an answer as one of the shinobi came to him. "There's been no news of Sasuke yet." The shinobi whispered. "What about Y/n?" Lord Third whisper. 

The shinobi was lost but it clicked that they also forget about him as they were focusing on Sasuke. "Um...there's no sign of him either." The shinobi.

The two of them were whispering one another as it made a commotion to the audience. The match was over but they yet announced the next match.

"Hey, what's going on here?"

"Hurry up and start the next match."

"Come on, let's go!"

"Some time before night falls."

"Gah." Genma notice the frustration as it cause some confusion to the audience. "I wonder what's going on." Ino said as he was getting worried. "The next match. Y/n should be here by now."

'Y/n.' Sakura thought. "Okay something isn't right. What in the world is going on. Y/n should be here, what is he doing. Forfeiting?" Shikamaru ask.

"A wise man never court danger, leading to a wise decision." Shino stated.

Naruto turn as he sees Gaara. "Huh, what are you talking about?" Shikamaru turn to look at Naruto. "He's definitely gonna be here, believe it."

'But seriously what if something happen to him. If he doesn't get here soon, he's gonna be disqualified.' Naruto thought as he tries to get the images of something wrong happening.

"I have no choice." Lord Third said. "Y/n is disqualified."

"Y/n Kanroji Kochou is disqualified?" The Kazekage question. "Yes, I'm afraid that this has to be done." Lord Third answered.

"Ugh, what are we gonna do now?" Kankuro ask. "If he doesn't show up, our strategy is ruined." Kankuro stated. "This is really bad." Temari said as he was also getting worried.

Gaara was staying silent as it made his sensei nervous. "Could he have...?" His sensei ask as he remember a certain day.

"Where are you going, Gaara?"

"To remind myself that I'm alive."

'Gaara. I wonder if he did it. Could he really have killed Y/n?' His sensei wondered as he was clenched his fist.

"Lord Hokage, I ask you to consider waiting a little longer before disqualifying Y/n Kanroji Kochou." The Kazekage ask. "I understand your point. But no matter how excellent a shinobi he may be, he's late, and we can't make special allowances. If there's no clear reason to make all the Shinobi leaders and Feudal Lords wait, then there's no reason not to disqualify him immediately."

"I see." The Kazekage said. "Then it's good I do have a clear reason."

"Huh?" Lord Third ask. "Including myself, most of the Shinobi leaders and Feudal Lords here came simply because they want to see the next match. Plus from what I heard he's the only member of his clan. And I know that the Land of Wind especially is hoping for a bout between Y/n and our Gaara."

"Lord Hokage." The shinobi called.

'There's no guarantee that Y/n will come, but...'

"Very well, then." Lord Third look up. "We will make an exception. We shall postpone this match and wait." He made his decision.

"Hm." Kazekage closed his eyes as he nodded. "But Lord Hokage, I must protest." The shinobi cut in. "Inform the proctor right away." Lord Third ordered.

"...Yes, sir." The shinobi followed his order as he make his way to the proctor Genma.

"However, it's most unusual for you to insist so strongly, Lord Kazekage." Lord Third stated as he turn towards him. "To display the full strength of our village's ninja, no opponent but Y/n will do. This is a big chance for Y/n, yes, but a big opportunity for us as well." Kazekage explained.

The crowd was still getting riled up. The majority of them wanted the next match to start. They started to boo as well as demanding that they start the next match.

Meanwhile Genma was talking with the shinobi. "I understand." Genma stated the shinobi nodded before taking off. "Listen, everyone." Genma called. "One of the competitors from the next battle has not arrived yet, so we're going to postpone this match briefly and simply just ahead to the battle that would've followed this one."

Everyone was shock as the crowd gave a more verbal response as the contestants was silently shock. "Just what in the world could that Y/n boy be doing anyway?" Asuma ask. "This is not the boy that I hear from my team." Kurenai stated. "Huh? Your team also talk about that boy?" Asuma turn as he was shock. Kurenai giggled, "It seem that my team isn't the only one."

"So cool." Ino smiled as he clenched his fist. "That means Y/n is still in this." Ino said in relieve. Naruto sighs as he was slouch to the ram. "That's good."

"Hey, that means my battle's one match closer now. What a drag!" Shikamaru complained.

"Then on to the next battle." Genma called. "So Shino and Kankuro, come down."

"Ugh." Kankuro was now worried. 'My match doesn't matter at all now.' Kankuro thought. Shino put his hand on the ram as it made Kankuro and his sensei panic a little. 'Besides, I don't want to reveal the mechanism of my trained crow puppet to the enemy before our plan comes to fruition.' Kankuro said in his thought.

He turn to Temari as he nodded at Kankuro. "Proctor!" Kankuro called. "I withdraw." Kankuro said. "Huh?" Naruto and Shikamaru said together.

'What?' Genma frowned. Shino turn as he look at Kankuro. "I withdraw, so please advance to the next match." Kankuro said.

The crowd boo as it made another commotion. "Ugh. Due to Kankuro's withdrawal, Shino Aburame wins by default." Genma announced.

"What?"

"We came here for a real match."

"We don't wanna see this."

Temari clicked his tongue. He open his fan as he wave it, causing a strong wind. He use it as he glided down to the stage. Shikamaru was caught off guard by the sudden entrance.

"And you are?" Genma ask. "It's my turn, right?" Temari smirked. "Well, you're sure an eager one, aren't you?" Genma ask.

"Fine, let's start the next match then. Hey, you up there." Genma called. "Come down." He ordered.

"Oh, come on." Shikamaru complained. "What are you doing moving these matched up like this? Why does it have to be my stupid match that get's pushed up? Oh, man, this is such a drag."

"Shikamaru Nara, come on." Genma called his full name.

'Great. If it's gonna be like this, maybe I'll withdraw too.' Shikamaru suggested.

"All right! Go on, Shikamaru. You can do it!" Naruto pushed Shikamaru off the ram. Shikamaru scream as he was falling down to the stage. He landed on his back as it made Temari close one eye.

'Yeah. Thanks a lot, Naruto.'

_________________________________

Can we all agree that Shikamaru is such a mood! But that's all for this chapter and just for a reminder, these are the genderbending characters in the story.

Male:

- Ino

- Hinata

- Temari

If you have any suggestion on who else should be a genderbending character then let me know. I'm always up for suggestion as you guys help me with these stories. Now I'll see you all in the next chapter.

🦋♥✨Bye!✨♥🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 67 8
⚠️COVER ART ISN'T MINE⚠️ The cover of this story isn't mine. Btw this story is Young EraserMic ______________________________________________________...
By Phonix

Fanfiction

24.6K 322 23
Hi! This is my first time writing on wattpad! So um, yeah Characters do not belong to me! All rights to the character go to Koyoharu Gotouge! Cover a...
12.1K 789 11
SEE no evil HEAR no evil SPEAK no evil Traits to never let evil overshadow a pure soul. A soul that is kind, accepting, and delicate. the strong prot...
548 25 12
My purpose for life changed when I saw Naruto. He was resting on the end of my hospital bed. Colors rushed back in my life. His bright blonde hair an...