Mahabharats Unknown Mistress

By Rubaloshyne

The greenish-blue orbs stared at the group gathering below as she hide behind the curtain watching the crowd... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilouge
Book 2
Annoucement !!

Chapter 1 ~Prologue

4.2K 124 26
By Rubaloshyne

" Ma!!!" The little girl ran towards the sad looking Maharani of Panchal, jumping on the woman's arms.

" My precious," Draupad Rani said with a small smile as she kissed the girl's chubby cheeks.

" Look what I got for you," the girl giggled childishly as she opened her palm and showed the Queen the exotic looking flower.

" Where did you get this ?" Draupad Rani asked in amazement looking at the rose swirled in blue and green.

" I found it by the river bank amma...there is a statue there," The girl said in an excited tone, dragging the woman only to bump into Draupad.

The girl gasped and hid behind the queen who held her protectively as Draupad sent her a glare.

" Watch where your going child! What's this exuberance for ?" Draupad boomed.

" Aaratrika has something to show us," Draupad Rani said with a soft voice causing Draupad to snort.

" The child's imagination is not important to be entertained..." Draupad said dismissively.

Aaratrika's pouted as she stepped infront of Draupad Rani, looking at Draupad with her greenish-blue eyes staring determinedly at him. Draupad raised his eyebrows staring at the girl who looked at him unflinchingly.

The corner of his lips pulled away slightly seeing the girl's sharp eyes.

" Very well...go on then...show us what you saw," Draupad said causing the girl's smile to bloom.

Draupad and his legion of soldiers alongside. Satyajit and Sikhandini raised their eyebrows as they saw Aaratrika skipping away joyfully with Draupad and his queen following her.

When the king reached the banks of Ganga, he raised his eyebrows seeing a large crowd gathered. The soldiers quickly cleared the crowd away as Draupad marched towards the large tree.

" O' great king Draupad, Panchal Desam has been blessed," a hermit said as he walked towards Draupad, bowing lowly.

Draupad's eyes widened as he saw the figurines. He turned around and looked at his youngest who smiled widely as she skipped towards the figurines.

" Rama, Sita and Lakshman with Hanuman baba!" Aaratrika said gleefully causing Draupad to exhale his breath.

" We worship Lord Shiva..." the king boomed causing Aaratrika to frown.

" Hari and Shiva is one...the one who says not is blind," Aaratrika said sitting on the ground.

The crowd gasped as the thunder rumbled and drizzle of rain began to drop down. Draupad and the Royal family took refuge under the large trees while Aaratrika closed her eyes and began praying.

Draupad's eyes widened as white flowers bloomed from the tree as Aaratrika continued to sing and Lord Varuna blessed the land with his rains.

" Lord has bless us!" The crowd said causing Draupad's smile.

" The crown will build a temple for Ram! " Draupad declared and the rain stopped immediately before Lord Suria emerged from between the clouds.

The crowds cheered declaring a celebration while Aaratrika smiled widely as she collected the flowers. Draupad Rani smiled softly as Sikhandhini and Satyajit walked over and helped their youngest gather the flowers.

" Lord Shiva, bless my children to stay happy and together always," Draupas Rani prayed as she glanced at her children with a loving expression.

Years later, Sikhandini saw the garland and remembered her past before leaving behind Panchal, her siblings and wife in her quest to change her form and fight for her destiny.

Draupad's blind pride, ego and arrogance, turning away Dronacharya,the man to whom Draupad promised half of his kingdom.

The King's ego and pride wounded when he found out that Drona began serving Hastinapur and teaching the kuru clans next generation.

He faced humiliation when Drona along his disciples grabbed the kingdom from Draupad and Drona gave it back to Draupad stating that riches do not define a man or king but actions does.

Aaratrika who was hidden behind with Satyajit saw the glimpses of young men. Her eyes wandered towards a calm and serene looking young man before a loud voice made her turn her head towards a confident and buff looking man.

" The Pandav's crown prince's Yusdhistir and Kaurav's eldest Duryodhan," Satyajit said causing Aaratrika to blush seeing her brother's knowing smirk.

***********************************
Aaratrika swallowed her saliva as she gasped seeing the rishi throwing the prasadam into the fire. Her greenish-blue eyes widened seeing the fire erupt and began glowing.

She hide her hand behind her mouth as the thunder rumbled and a voice from heaven called out.

"This woman has taken birth to become the cause of destruction of those who are evil." the voice from the sky said causing Draupad's eyes to turn wide and smiled grew.

" Draupadi, my daugther...The emerald of Panchal! My heir Dhristadhyumna, the one who will avenge me!" Draupad said with a joyous smile.

Aaratrika swallowed her saliva, her heart thumped loudly seeing the man's eyes while Draupadi smiled looking proud,regal alike a warrior princess.

Satyajit cleared his throat as he placed his hand on her shoulder.

" What's gotten into you ?" Satyajit asked Aaratrika who gulped.

" I feel like everything changed after she is born," Aaratrika said wringing her hands together watching her father's smile.

************************************
The day Draupad Maharani passed away, the cherished life Aaratrika knew disappeared. Draupad handed every duties to the sharp and shrewed Draupadi who is considered 'eldest' while Satyajit was sent away to govern the smaller lands.

Aaratrika's cheekiness and joyfulness was not appreciated by Draupadi who preferred aristocracy and regal attitude. Her way of educating her wayward sister with snide and sarcastic comments at every childish behaviour of Aaratrika and Draupad's obvious favourism of Draupadi ended up drifting the sisters apart. The bond between the siblings hanged by a thin rope with the arrival of the enigmatic and charming Krishna of Dwarka.

With Dhristadhyumna away at training, Satyajit away at governing the smaller lands of Panchal and Krishna taking Draupadi time, Aaratrika was left alone in the huge castle of Panchal...away from the court schemes and her sister's sharp eyes.

Krishna smiled enigmatically as he played his flute standing on the balcony of Panchal as he glanced at the princess who carried a brown weavened basket with garlands, sneaking through the garden.

" My sweet Urmila...still haven't changed at heart," he murmured.

" What was that Kanna ?" Draupadi asked as she walked towards Krishna, shaking her head as she saw her sister sneaking through the garden.

" I have to inform Maharaj...she is a grown woman," Draupadi hissed causing Krishna to smile and place his hands on her shoulders.

" My dear Sakhi, have I told you what Bheem has done and Arjun...Oh dear his a skilled warrior at heart," Krishna continued distracting his friend.

************************************
Hi everyone...I took out the previous version of Mahabharata's Unknown Mistress due to personal issues.

However I am rewriting it at the moment and hopefully everyone will support this.

kookiesnmellos9701 Daredevilavenger
DrauniPriya
Angaraj_Karn
Dharmanandini
sparks6
dwaraka007
Its_Rishu_13
NadhiyaRaju

Sorry for the tags everyone 🙏

The previous readers of this story please do give it a support.
Thank you ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 8.5K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...
8.9K 551 14
This is the continuation of the very wonderfully written story 'Elements of Fire' by the one and only 'Nimarna'. Read on, to find out the aftermath...
268K 18.1K 155
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
364K 22.7K 40
"Aditya what are you saying ?" I asked him with glossy eyes. Not believing at my ears what he said. No this can't happen he can't say this. "I am s...