Infernal Love Flame

By DanielleNorrington

Although Jaide was a hard working woman and loyal to her long time boyfriend, his commitment didn't know any... More

The Last Argument
Welcome Back
A New Woman
Deal (To Live) or No Deal (To Die)
I Want You
Creations of Her Own
Noelle's and Felix's History
Found Again
A Moment of Truth
Not The Last Goodbye

Hell's Search Party

0 0 0
By DanielleNorrington

There wasn't a light on in the house as she patiently waited for him. Jaide remained sitting still in the recliner chair and relaxed as if she was preparing herself for tonight's event. It was until then she heard the alarming noise of a car door closing after another. Jaide took a deep breath as she focused.

She could feel the heat of their bodies approaching and the beating sounds of their heart. Lamar wasn't alone. Jaide could hear every movement and smell them. His company was a woman that was wearing heels and she wore a strong sweet smell of perfume; she was light on her feet.

Jaide grinned from ear to ear as they slowly emerged into the house. He didn't turn on any lights right away until they reached the living room.

"What is that smell? Did you leave something burning -" the girl asked as he froze in his steps. His eyes were directly looking at Jaide's.

She gripped the edge of the chair arms, her nails digging down into the surface. Her smile was tighter and she did her best to keep from frowning.

"What's she doing here?" Alexandria asked him with a frown on her face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jaide asked her. "I should've known you'd go back for leftovers."

"What?" Alexandria snapped at her.

"Whoa, wait. Jaide?"

Briefly drumming her fingers, Jaide sighs and says, "You look like you're seeing a ghost? You know he tried to kill me the other week, right? I took a knife to the stomach only for him to still end up getting back in with you." She then grinned as she looked at Alexandria.

"You what?"

"That's not true!" he denied.

"Oh it isn't? Let's see who's going to be the one bleeding out now!" She was up from the chair and then over to Lamar in a blink of an eye. Before Alexandria could scream, Jaide had both of them by the neck, and lifted them into the air.

Her mouth opened without separating and her teeth was now sharp. Alexandria tried to scream, but they couldn't be heard. Lamar watched in horror as Jaide bit down into Alexandria's neck. She then tore free, ripping a hole from her neck and then smiling at Lamar as she released him.

"I'm going to give you a head start. Run," she ordered. Laughing, Jaide stood back as Lamar scurried from off the floor and made a run for the kitchen. She slowly followed after him.

When she reached the kitchen doorway, she paused. The sound of his heart beating fast was like music to her ears and his blood rushing through his veins made her want more. Lamar had found his gun and then turned to face her. He aimed the gun at her, tightly gripping it between his shaking hands.

"W-w-w-what the hell are you?"

"Your biggest regret," she murmured. As she took one step forward, he shot her in the chest. It stung for a moment. Jaide rushed up to Lamar again, grabbing him by the throat. The gun dropped from his hand and his eyes were bucked and wide with fear. She deeply inhaled the smell of his fear, quickly healing from the gunshot wound. Less than a minute later, they heard the sound of a bullet hitting the floor.

Loudly hissing and smiling, it wasn't long before Jaide parted her lips and bit him. She fed from him until she could hear his heart feebly beating.

"In my voice, I command you!" she ordered him. A mark softly formed in the middle of his forehead and dark circles appeared around his eyes. Seconds later, Lamar was picking himself off the floor.

Satisfied, she wiped her mouth clean and then said to herself, "See, I don't need the Devil or Noelle's help at all. I got this. Let's go." Silent and obedient, he followed after her. Jaide ordered Lamar to cut up and start grilling Alexandria's body while she cleaned the place free of their blood.

Hours later, she had the two of them sit down at the table with Alexandria on the menu as the main course meal. Lamar sat on the opposite end of the table from Jaide, drool coming from his mouth. He briefly wiped his mouth and straightened up in the chair.

"I really like you better this way. Quiet and obedient, and my little zombie slave. Now look at what you've made me do? Should've tried harder to kill me," she said. He had groaned something she couldn't understand, barely moving his lips. Jaide listened to him harder and then snapped her fingers.

"Given the chance to live again, I will kill you." The words came from his mouth clearer.

Jaide laughed and then picked up a knife and said, "Well you can't! Now eat up." Lamar lifted up a dark piece of grilled meat and then started eating it as she watched him.

"Five years of dating and you couldn't even wait until my body was cold in the ground to pick up your leftovers! Well, what does she taste like now?" she suckled her teeth and grinned. Watching Lamar force himself to eat Alexandria's chopped and grilled flesh gave her so much pleasure. "Hell, I might've reunited the two of you as my soldiers in death if you hadn't gone back to her. Now look at you two?"

The fork was released from Lamar's hand with a loud clink noise and he says, "Your body was never found."

"I woke up in the hospital morgue, you dumb squirrel!" She yelled at him in frustration. "You didn't even try to look for me. Finish your food!"

His lips tightened and his brows pressed together as he lifted up the fork and continued eating. Jaide finished her cup of wine when she heard a strong gust of wind from outside, followed by a funny odor. Lamar continued to make himself eat as she got up from the table and rushed over to the window.

She only saw it's shadow, but she couldn't see it. Jaide got a sickening feeling in her stomach and the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. She went from the dinner table room and ran into the living room. Just as she stopped, the door burst open with strong winds.

It was her natural instinct to run and take cover behind the couch. Jaide stayed there until the wind went away. Her eyes bucked as footsteps could be heard, stomping hard and heavy around the room until she heard them on the other side of the couch. Jaide covered her mouth and held her breath.

Something had snatched the couch up into the air and then tossed it through the wall. Jaide had got a good glimpse at the Nephilim. He wasn't like the last one as she could easily determine what gender he is. With his slender, muscular build and hairy face, he reached down and effortlessly grabbed Jaide up from the ground.

"I can smell you," he said with a huge smile on his face. He then tossed her into the mantle of the fireplace. When Jaide hit the corner of her head, she fell unconscious from the impact.

With leftover meat and oil on the corner of his lips, Lamar quietly watched as the thing came in and took Jaide after knocking her unconscious. He didn't know what to do or where to go from his house. The world will look at him differently now. It was then a strong urge had overcame him; an urge to set out and find Jaide. He couldn't fight it if he tried and he couldn't deny it; she's his master now and he has to get her back!

He was scrambling around, and sniffling the floor when he caught a scent of her. Her scent was musk but sweet, and of ashes and a distinctive, but appealing fiery odor. At the intruding smell of someone, he looked up in enough time to see a woman intrude into the house.

"You there!" she pointed at him before storming over to him. Lamar scurried from off the floor and tried to run away. He was snatched up by the collar of shirt by her and then slammed into the wall.

"Where is she? And what happened?" Noelle said, her eyes turning a green and red color.

"Some guy came and took her," he said, covering his face with his hands. Her brows pressed together. She couldn't believe that he could talk, just like the other guy in Hell. Could it be possible that Jaide was developing dark powers and able to turn dead humans into her own kind?

"You can talk? I thought you were alive-ish," she asked him. Noelle didn't wait for him to respond, and said, "Nevermind all of that. Who took her?"

"I-I-I don't know! He was strong, and blew down my door! He knocked her out and got her."

"What did he look like?"

"He had skin dark as coal with gold stripes down his arms and the left side of his neck like scars. He was very tall," he said. Noelle could hear it in his voice that he was telling the truth.

"That thing you were doing back there! Smelling the ground; why?" she asked him. He didn't respond. Noelle pulled him towards her and then shoved him harder into the wall, nearly putting a hole into the sheet rock.

"Okay!" he held his hands up in surrender. "I was smelling her scent."

"Her scent? Like a loyal animal, huh? I didn't know that zombies come trained with that."

"I'd tell you all about it if you keep me alive."

She shoved him harder and said, "And why would I want to do that?! You made her life hell. You cheated on her and killed her."

"Which I regret! She made me pay for it." Noelle released him and then opened a portal to Hell. Lamar lingered, uncertain to take another step. "What the -"

"Just follow me!" she demanded and stepped through. When Lamar took a step into the portal, there was something that gripped his entire body, smothered him from breathing and his ears loudly ringed until it all came to an abrupt stop.

When he landed, he fell on his knees onto a hard floor made of stone. Even undead, Lamar heavily pants and gazes around him. He was surrounded by a room made of black stone pillars and floors trimmed in a glowing red color. The stench of burnt flesh mixed with fire and ashes filled his nostrils. He covered his nose and then finally looked to see Noelle nearby as a man walked their way with two creatures on the sides of him.

They murmured something to each other in a language he couldn't understand. As they stopped talking, all of them approached him.

"Hello, Lamar. It's nice to finally meet you," the man said.

"Who are you?" He asked him.

"I'm the Devil. I need to know what happened to Jaide." He reached forward and touched the middle of Lamar's forehead. His touch burned and screams escaped Lamar's mouth as his recent memories were invaded. He relived the short moments of the time he spent with Alexandria and down to when he had to watch her die and then eat her.

As Carrigan pulled away from Lamar, he was up to Noelle and had her by the throat, lifting her into the air. "I thought I told you to get rid of him!" He then released her. She quickly flipped back onto her feet.

"Are you talking about Felix? He's alive?"

"He's been alive. I can't help but to wonder what have you been up to while you're alone up there on Earth? Were you making back up with your half breed ex?!" He grew over five inches taller than her and his flesh slowly turned into all black. Noelle fell down to her knees and held her eyes low to the floor, bowing to him.

"No, my dark lord. My time on Earth has been spent either looking for potential souls for you to collect or tracking him down. I would never betray you!"

"Jaxton!" He loudly yelled, his voice echoing around the room.

A man emerged from one of the three doors and slowly approached them. Noelle kept her eyes on the floor, her hands clenched into fists.

"He has said otherwise. You were spotted with Felix!"

"He is lying!" She challenged him. "Never trust a Nephilim that betrayed his own kind."

"How about all three of you return to Earth and find Jaide?!" He ordered them all. Lamar exchanged glances with Noelle and Jaxton before he looked back at Carrigan.

"Wait, do you mean working together?" Lamar asked aloud.

"Time is ticking. The longer she's off the grid, the more she could be dead. You all don't have long," he said.

Noelle grimaced at Jaxton as he grinned at her. She stood on her feet and then marched up to him and said, "I can't wait to take that smile off your face."

"Like how you were supposed to do, Felix?" he remarked. She quickly grabbed Jaxton by the shirt and then rammed her head into his and tripped him by the foot. Lamar moved out of the way as he came falling down with a solid thud. Carrigan continued walking away with the other two creatures.

"I'll kill both of you!" she growled and then turned away. Lamar couldn't get up from the floor fast enough for her. She plucked him onto his feet by his arm and then shoved him through a portal that now popped up before them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11 0 4
In a world haunted by secrets, where darkness lurks in the shadows, the story of an escaped asylum patient unfolds. This gripping tale will take you...
4.9K 114 20
This takes place a year after Yuki leaves with Kaname. Zero is left at Cross To do his duties, Kaien gives him a new partner to help. One that is mad...
243 31 13
Wren, once a young woman consumed by passion, fell in love with a lord of sin. His promises were as beautiful as his visage, and his touch as sinful...
138 2 19
"What do you want with me?"He steps closer to me and I see his icy blue eyes."I want to see you smile,see you laughing."Then I see his eyes turn a De...