The Ghost of the Past (OhmFlu...

By yuyunstar

《Completed Fanfiction》 The ghost of the past that they keep on holding to till the present day. Their regret... More

iiii
I
II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
VIII
Fluke's Memories I - IX
Fluke's Memories Part II - IX
END PART I - X
END PART II - X

The Ghost of the Past: A Very Short Thank You Special

369 24 13
By yuyunstar

The sky is still dark with only the moon up in the sky. The big hand of the clock inside a two-storey house somewhere out of the city is pointing at 12 while its small hand is still pointing at the numeral 4.

It's dawn, yet the said house is fully lit and full of laughter and excitement. The front lawn of the beautiful two-storey house has been revamped for the day's occasion. And beside the said house, its neighboring house is also fully lit. Many people are going to and fro from the lawn and to its neighboring house which is brighter than the revamped lawn.

As people walk to and fro from the gate connecting the two houses, a small being can be seen flying in a fast pace to the beautiful house across the forest. His golden light didn't stop moving until he arrived at the back garden of the house.

"I am here!" Earth squealed as he let himself dropped on a dwarf sunflower that was eagerly waiting for his arrival, the plant swaying him again and again in response to his giddy emotions.

Someone softly chuckled and crouched down on his level. "You are here and you left Kao behind." Fluke murmured, a grin plastered on his face. There's a huff behind them, another small being flying through and stopping on Fluke's shoulder.

"You would think he is getting married again with how excited he is and how he zoomed past here." Kao grumbled, ignoring Earth's indignant huff on his words. "What? You did that back then too, did you not remember?"

Fluke did not stop himself from laughing because back then during Kao's and Earth's wedding, Earth went to him as an excited and eager soon-to-be-wed-fairy. With his excitement and eagerness, he even left his soon-to-be-spouse behind as he announced to Fluke that they were getting married and "It is regrettable that we cannot invite you back home. If only they had agreed when I suggested to have the wedding here!" "You can't do that, Earth. It is your people's tradition to have that kind of wedding. It is a sacred wedding for your kind and I wouldn't want you to break that for me! You and Kao can always visit us when you are finally allowed to go though! I cannot wait for you to say you and Kao are finally one! Remember when you used to tell me Kao is your—Ah—you are turning pink."

Suddenly, a chuckle came behind them and an arm encircled around Fluke's waist. Ohm pulled Fluke close as he agreed to Kao's statement. "We were there, I can testify." Ohm stated, teasing the small fairy who is starting to get pink.

"Alright, alright, no more teasing my old friend!" Fluke exclaimed, saving Earth from further embarrassment. "Thank you for coming, the both of you." He added softly, eyes twinkling in happiness.

The fairies brightened up at his thanks and hovered in front of Fluke and Ohm. With a glance and a nod, they laced their hand and lift it up. As one, they said to the couple "May you always find happiness with each other and may you always protect the love you share, the love you have. May you overcome all the hardships in life together as one and as a family. Lift each other up, be each other's light, each other's comfort, each other's love, each other's security. We are your witness for the love and trust you have for each other. May the love and trust you have for each other get strengthen and will never break. With this, we are bestowing Ohm and Fluke our blessing."

The two humans stayed still, their arms around each other as they accepted the blessing of the two fairies in front of them with gentle smiles on their faces.

Fluke leaned on Ohm's shoulder, eyes getting glassy as he watched the friend who has always been there since he woke up in this world of the living as a ghost. The friend who have been giving him the company he didn't think he needed. The friend who thought lowly of himself, the friend who also took comfort from his presence—

Fluke looked up to the balcony they had added on the second floor to relax while looking at the forest, Boun is there, a gentle smile on his face as he watched Kao and Earth giving them their blessing. When he saw Fluke glancing up at him, he lifted both his hands and mimicked the fairies giving him his blessings while grinning brightly at him.

— the friend who insists on fighting with Boun even though he is not allowed to use his magic against him and can only huff because his emotions are too visible to the human and uses this fact as a leverage, the friend who misunderstood Kao's attention and decided to end it all with him but Kao is determined and was able to make Earth his spouse in the end. The friends who helped him when he needed them the most, the friends who guard and protected his love and family when he was physically not there for them.

Thinking about that time, Fluke glanced up to Ohm who has been silently watching him. There is a soft smile on his face, his eyes so so gentle that Fluke cannot stop himself from melting on his arms, figuratively. Burrowing his face on the chest of his love, memories started flashing in his mind. At the same time, Ohm, Boun, Kao and Earth relived their memories with a soft smile on their faces.

"They can't stop me from visiting my old friend!"

"Hello! Welcome to my house! Err-not really mine but I have been occupying this house for a long time now. Maybe I'm a tenant. Yeah! You can call me that! Hello?"

"You are such an old man."

"I am old. And what should I tell them if I got asked by the Madam's grandson how I entered the house?"

"What is it, Sir? Did you play in the backyard again and found another caterpillar getting inside its cocoon?"

"No! I just heard Boun said the house is his!"

"Thank you for finally coming here."

"Good, I can still touch you and I can see you. But why do I feel something is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong? Why did you say that? You know how deeply he cares for you, he truly loves you, Earth."

"I know, I know. Good night, downstairs man." Ohm replied, holding his phone to lower down the volume of his music.

"I am reminded again how different I am compared to him. Old friend, why am I like this? Why do I keep on trying to prove myself to others when the person I wanted to prove myself the most, already think there is no need for me to do that? But why? Why do I keep on upsetting Kao? Why can't I change? Why am I still not good enough? I thinkI think I will always be a child to him, Fluke. I think"

"It's not bad, the moon is so bright tonight too. Anyway, you have to make yourself get used living here, since the upper floor is your space."

"I know, I know. Good night, downstairs man." Ohm replied, holding his phone to lower down the volume of his music.

Boun clicked his tongue and replied, "Upstairs man, keep your music down or I'll send a complaint to the landlord. Good night."

"You are not a ghost anymore."

"I wonder if Fluke would get scared by Boun or it's Boun who would get scared by Fluke."

"The heavy regret and the deep wish to see him and be forgiven by him will one day manifest and come true."

"I'll let you stay here then, as long as you keep holding onto my arm. This way, even if I was talking to others and busy overseeing them work, I can still feel you are beside me and not walking away from me."

"What do you mean? Boun should really talk in a simple language to me next time. You sound like Boston now."

"Are you telling me, I look like an old man? I am still turning 28 a few months from now!?"

"No, but I am certain you called yourself an old man."

"I can finally give it this time."

"I felt I was in pain, and the deep regret of not being able to I don't know. My heart was in pain but I felt happy and relieved."

"I have a knight, a commoner cannot touch me."

"Since when did the story become like this? The both of you were still playing pirate captains earlier."

"I don't know anything. I am out, goodbye good Sire."

"What kind of First Mate are ye! You are now demoted to a cabin boy!"

"Ohm, do you think you should step back?"

What do you mean? Step back where?"

"Nothing."

"Do not forget that Uncle Boston said you are no exception; as a living, all of your emotions are there and you can feel all of these emotions too."

"So you must remember that love is a valid emotion too. You can feel it and you are allowed to feel love too."

"I know that. That is why I love everyone Earth, Kao, Bosston, Ohm, and Boun."

"Yes, platonic love. We love you too. But I am talking about romantic love."

"Oh, that kind of love. Unless the Love Person enters this house, then we'll worry when that happens."

"Well, just saying. I'm just reminding you that you are allowed to feel it too; to fall in love and be in love."

"Well, that won't happen"

"You know, if you say things like that, you are denying yourself the things that might happen. Don't you think it is better to let yourself be free with that kind of limiter?" Ohm commented, inquisitively.

"You know Hades in there? And his minions? Imagine we are the two minions and you are like Hades with blue fire right now but when something happened you became the Hades with the fire hair, but just a small version of him."

"What?! Do I look like an angry man to you?!"

"Right now you ar"

"And does my hair looks like alive and standing to you?!"

"Wel"

"And do I look like I am changing color right now?!"

"I am sorry. I'm sorry. You are cute, small and cute, really cute, a baby."

"What is more painful? Only realizing it when he is gone or realizing it sooner but sees him disappear in front of him? You have always been slow when it comes to the matters of the heart, Ohm. What is the best course to take?"

"Am I making you flustered?"

"Wh I am just your imagination."

"Why do you keep on giving me a nervous glance though?"

"No. Definitely just your imagination."

"Alright, as long as I am not making you uncomfortable."

"No, you are definitely not making me uncomfortable."

"Ohm, Ponyo became a human."

"Why are you sad? It's Ponyo's choice."

"Alright, let's prepare the rocking chair and blanket for Boun at the balcony then. Also coffee for him."

"Why does it sound like you are preparing for your grandpa's things?"

"Stop treating me like a child!"

"Sorry, sorry. You are not a child. You are a cute and adorable young man that I cannot help but baby. I am sorry, I said. Don't get angry."

"Do we have to always announce our presence, Earth? We have already prepared the blanket and my rocking chair outside the lawn."

"If the both of you won't hurry, we won't be able to witness the shifting from dawn to sunrise!"

"We can now do the zumba."

"What zumba?"

"You are the partner, so you should be the first in line, not the sibling!"

"I am sorry I"

"No, don't say sorry to me. Never say sorry for being sick."

"If something happened, I don't know how to face my cousin."

"Especially since they haven't figured it out yet."

"Yes, especially since they are very oblivious about it! I do not want another family of mine regretting they didn't do anything, Uncle."

"Who are you? Are you the doctor Tayn called? I am sorry but I am in a hurry. I can only accommodate you later."

"No! Don't!"

"Ohm, are you alright? I can watch over him. You are tired, you can sleep down"

"No, I don't think I want to be away from him now. You are aware, aren't you?"

"Aware of what?"

"Of us. Of Fluke and I."

"Thank you for not stopping me. I am aware now. But I am not going to stop myself."

"And I am not stopping you now. As long as you are aware of what you are entering."

"I am aware. And I love Fluke."

"You finally said it."

"No, young man. It's not because of you. It's because of regret. Regret is painful."

"I'm done eating. Just put everything on the sink, I'll wash the dishes later."

Fluke was giving Boun a sad look. No, if one looked like brokenhearted, it is definitely how Fluke looked right now. And are those tears making his eyes shine? Suddenly, Boun was feeling very protective of him. "Yah! You! Come back here!" He shouted, glaring at his cousin. Ohm did come back. Boun watched as Ohm stopped behind Fluke, hold Fluke's face with both hands and turned his head upward. Then he gave Fluke a kiss on his forehead. The spontaneity of Ohm's action made Boun forget that he is reaching for his glass of water. He accidentally pushed the glass instead of holding it. Hastily standing from his seat, he rescued the glass and wiped the water with his bare hand while saying. "Sorry! Sorry! Continue! Continue!"

"Don't break my things. If you wanted to break things go downstairs and break yours."

"Right now, Ohm is not afraid to get hurt. Once he put his heart to it, he will do things headstrong ly. He has been consistently doing it unconsciously. Now that he has realized it..." Boun smiled as he added, "I just hope you will be selfish this time, that you will choose yourself first this time, Fluke."

"You have the right.

You are allowed to feel it;

to be in love and fall in love."

"Why do people have to think about that one possible negative outcome in the future and not enjoy what they have at the moment? Aren't they sabotaging their ticket to happiness themselves? And what do they do afterwards? They burdened their lives with "what ifs"! And they always regret their actions in the end! In the first place, isn't it their actions and their train of thoughts that made those possibilities come true? Because they kept on thinking about the negative outcomes, it manifested into their actions! See? They did it themselves! Sorrow and regret, I hope you won't feel it yourself, Fluke."

"I am going to take my chance. I am going to take my only chance."

"You are cute. It's alright. I am old and you love me."

It is the little things that you do

That creates an enormous impact

In my heart.

I love you.

No matter what, I love you.

"I dreamt that you were gone"

"I am becoming greedier too."

"Is that your ideal kiss? To kiss in the rain?"

"Relax, I won't do anything. Just want to hold you as close as this."

"I feel strange and hot."

"Ohm, what do you usually do on a date?"

"...I want to visit the flower fields in Japan. I saw it once in a documentary. There are many flower fields in Japan! And if it's possible, I want to visit all of them."

"What kind of flower fields do you want to see the most? Give me your top three."

"Hmmm... top three. Sunflower field and Canolas at top 3, Lavender and Tulips at top 2 and Nemophilas and Wisteria as my Top 1!"

"You are cheating, those are six flowers."

"I love you."

"How's that for our first kiss?"

"More"

"More"

"How about your head? It doesn't hurt at all?"

"Embarrassing! Don't make me remember that moment!"

"Why are you embarrassed? You just felt good when I hit that part inside of you. That's why you cannot help but throw your head and moan my name-"

"Ahhh! Stop! Go to work! Not later but noooooow!"

"Go home! Go back right now! Go back to Fluke right now!"

"What?"

"Please wake up. Don't leave me without saying goodbye."

I will be happy... but why?

Why am I hesitating?

What am I forgetting?

Why does my heart hurt so much knowing that I am leaving soon?

Why?

Why am I missing something?

Ah.

Right.

It is because of him.

It is because of Ohm.

and Boun.

The people who taught him it is alright for him to be himself, it is because there are times when he unconsciously withdraw himself and fears being judged.

The people who never forget to remind him that he is enough, and should not try to change who he is.

The people who quietened the insecurities that he never thought he had.

"Hello, you both done talking? The food is ready."

"I am done talking and catching up with an old friend!"

"Ah, I knew you were an ancient one."

"Hey!"

"Let's eat now, Uncle Bosston before Boun finished the food. It's his favorite you see."

"Why is my name being mentioned in there, Ohm?!"

"Your cousin, as what I can see, is a strong and determined young man. Whatever he said, whatever promises he made, he will face them and will achieve them. But I have to apologize for hurting him when the time comes. And you will be hurt too. You love him and you dote on him too much. Are you ready to not have the presence of the young man who was once a wary presence that you have to guard yourself with but now become an important figure in your life?"

"Once my brother will always be my brother, Uncle Boston. So even if he finally disappears and leave us, he will remain as my younger brother. Though technically, he is my grandfather. As long as the album I have collected won't magically disappear, I will forever be grateful for him."

"You really love teasing me!"

"Of course, because you are cute. And I love you so. I really really really really love you. With all my heart and soul."

"Everything will be alright, do not worry."

"I didn't say anything."

"But you are thinking about it."

"What are you doing?"

"Kissing your heart. And assuring your heart that I will always be here with you."

"I know you will be. I already pocketed you in my heart."

"And I am saying sorry for hurting you. But it will be worth it in the end."

"Because you are worth it. Hey, I did not forget my promise to you. We are going to have the date you wanted; to visit your top 3 that became 6 flower fields in Japan."

"You already have a plan?"

"I already have a plan."

"Will you wait for me? We will watch it together."

"I will wait for you."

"Boun! How come you have no stamina already?! It's still the third song! You are so weak!"

"Well, I am sorry i do not have the same kind of exercise the both of you do! With the kind of energy you both always have, I bet one round is not enough- hey! I am only saying the truth!" Boun exclaimed, laughing when the younger kicked him again on the shin. "Yah! Ohm! Collect your husband! Stop playing deaf!" He called for Ohm who is casually drinking avocado shake at the table.Ohm looked at him and answered, "Do you really want me to collect him already and drop him to our bed? I thought you want to have some time with him?"

"On a second thought, nevermind." Boun replied, grinning when the other attacked his lover instead of him. "Attack lower, lower, on the shin only, Fluke. You both need the thing below the belt. Be careful."

Ahh! Cousins indeed!" Fluke shouted, throwing all the plush pillow at Boun. "I don't care, you clean your space after I throw all of your things!"

"Oh, this is war." Boun replied, picking the pillows on his side and aiming them at Fluke.

"I know you since we're kids. You can cry in front of me, you know that."

"... This is painful. I admit this is painful. Of course it is painful, who wouldn't be in pain when the one you love with all your heart will leave you and you will only be left with your memories together? But I don't regret it. No, I never regretted it... no matter how much this is hurting me right now I never regret loving him and showing him my love. I never regretted loving him. And I will hold onto him until I cannot anymore. This is a one of a kind love, Boun. He is someone I am thankful for. Whoever kind of God gave him to me, I am very much grateful to them."

"You are a blessing to him, Ohm."

"And he is too to me, Boun."

"Why do we have to lose you both?"

"If it's too much already, let go of your smile. You can hide in my arms."

"Do you know how much I love you?"

"Yes, and do you know how much I love you?"

"Yes. But I do not know if I was able to let you feel how deep my love is for you."

"You are wrong with what you are thinking. Why do you think I am so in love with you? It's because of you. It's because you make me feel loved. It's because you make me feel important... it's because you make me feel happy. My heart always quivers when I see you and it heightens with the way you look at me. There are times when you look at me that I have the urge to just squeeze you in a hug and never let go and times when I just want to keep you in bed all day. Don't laugh, it's the truth."

"You are teasing me now!"

"Will you wait for me?"

"Do not doubt and believe me. I will wait for you."

"No... this cannot be. Are you here to guide me back home, brother Fluke? "Are you here for me?"

"Yes, Princess. I am here, to stop you from hurting and to free you from the past."

"Let us not say goodbye but See you next time."

"Thank you for your hard work. May you finally rest in peace."

"Until we meet again."

"I know this is selfish for me to say, but please... wait for me. I hope you will wait for me."

"Do you want to hear my selfish wish right now?"

"Yes. Just this once, let's be selfish together."

"Please come back. You are not a dream, right? You are real, right? Please... come back to me already. Don't leave me... I am sorry."

"No, no. Do not apologize. It should be me who should apologize because I am leaving you behind with nothing to hold on to."

"Don't say that... You have given me many memories I can hold on to."

"Just hold on to them tightly... tuck them in your heart. You might not remember but the faintest presence will remain."

"I will protect your heart this time."

"That should be my line. Let's have a family together soon."

"Alright, the soon to be spouses should come back inside the house already" Earth glared at the person who is cheekily smiling at them from the balcony. "I can sense your glare, little Earth. I am just saying, you and Kao should come inside already too. Ohm and Fluke will have to get ready now. As you can see, I got evicted from my own house to accommodate our family."

"No, you are assigned to keep them company here in their house." Kao commented, laughing. "Is my space ready?"

Boun grin as he answered while tapping his breast pocket, "Yes, it's ready. Yours is ready too, Earth."

Before Earth can reply, someone called for them from the garden walkway. "There you are. Boun, come down already, and the two of you let us get going, it's almost time." Boston told them. Patting his breast pocket, he added with a smile. "Come here, Earth, let us officially give Fluke to Ohm."

"Yes, you are right, Boston! It is time for them to start their own family too! Let's go, let's go!"

Wanting to tease Earth, Boun cannot help but comment the obvious, "Hush, little fairy Earth. Don't forget to hide yourself—"

"Boun, it's your turn next!" Earth said, ignoring Boun's comment.

"Nah~ I am perfectly fine having all of my time and space for myself. When it is time, it is time~ let's take Ohm and Fluke as an example when getting married. You get married when you want it yourself or when you are finally ready, not because you are being told by your family, not because your family wants you to give them a grandchild already."

"That is right. Have the right and good mindset first before getting married, Boun. And 30 years of age is still young, Boun. Whether you want to or not, as long as you are content and happy with your life and what you have, it is alright." Boston replied, before adding, "Now, young man, come down to the lawn already. And Earth, conceal yourself."

It was a simple and intimate wedding.

Only attended by their families and friends, everyone witnessed how the morning sun shone behind the couple as they sealed their union with a kiss.

It was a hassle waking up at dawn to prepare

And always looking at the time so they can be on time,

But it was all worth it.

As the peaceful surrounding with the sound of nature as an accompaniment to the sound of piano,

As the sky started changing and the sun came out from the horizon marking the start of the new day,

It also stamped the new beginning of Ohm and Fluke's new life.

A new beginning for the newly-wed,

A new chapter of their life has started.

"Congratulations, OhmFluke!"

"Congratulations, brother Ohm and Fluke!"

"Mark! Take a photo quick! Their background is fantastic!"

"I am taking it so don't shake me!

"Take mine next!"

"I said, don't shake me!"

"Congratulations! Now I can have my house back!"

"Nope, not yet, you bachelor. We'll give you your house back in the afternoon. Your parents are tired, Ohm's parents are tired, Fluke's family is also tired. You are a big baby and a former housemate so you stay in the newly-wed's house for now."

"... Ohm, let me in the guest room, please?"

Author's Note:
Giving you a closure of their journey.
Thank you for loving The Ghost of the Past OhmFluke AU!
Many many thanks to all of you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 84 16
This will contains smut, fluff, sadness and other emotions of ghostships of KinnPorsche. And others. Otherss like everyone One shot or short stories...
13.1K 928 22
GeminiFourth fanfic.
Anti-Hero By L

Fanfiction

2.7K 173 17
THE GRUMPY FLUKE NATOUCH MEET THE LOVELY OHM THITIWAT. WHAT WILL HAPPEN ? Start - December 31, 2022 End - March 10, 2023
Revenge By -rae-

Fanfiction

115K 3.4K 38
just an ordinary winteam fanfic ❤