Mischief - Book Two of the RP...

By the3deathlyhallows

Rachel Potter's fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is here. The excitement of going ba... More

Disclaimers
1. Summer Holidays
2. Quidditch World Cup
3. Deatheaters
4. Secrets Revealed
5. First Day
6. The New Students
7. Four Champions
8. Realisation
9. Confrontation
10. The First Task
11. Dancing Lessons
12. Heat in the Cold
13. Potions Don't Bubble, Anger Does
14. Sweet Girl
15. Study Hall
16. Distractions and Temptations
17. Walls and Falls
19. Christmas Day
20. A Transformation Occurs
21. The Unexpected
22. January 1st
23. Guilt Tripping
24. The Past is in the Past
25. An Object of Value
26. The Murky Waters of the Black Lake
27. A Dead Man Lay
28. Ticking Time Bomb
29. Brooding Pensieve's
30. Snarky Malarky
31. A Letter for Forgiveness
32. Ignore the Problem
33. Who?
34. Welcome Back
35. Caramel and Honey
36. Preparation
37. Soon
38. Double Date
39. Ruining the Moment
40. Just Before
41. The Final Task
42. Stupefy
43. Snake-Like
44. Goodbye
Disclaimers and Thanks

18. New Enemies

526 27 10
By the3deathlyhallows

Rachel had successfully sprained her wrist in the process of falling off the wall. It had been a bit of a blur to her as to what happened. One minute she was in the air, the next... she was on the floor. What had actually happened within the split second of her ending up in a heap was pretty hectic. If only there had been a way for her to re-watch it in slow motion, maybe then she'd have seen where she went wrong.

For starters, unlike all the others, the gate had not been bolted shut. If it had been windy, it would have comically swung open. As she hopped onto it, her right foot had disturbed the gate and her weight caused it to fly open. But as it did, Rachel only had enough time to scream as she fell into the small bit of snow beneath her.

Awkwardly landing on her wrist did cause a fracture, but Madame Pompfrey had been so helpful and managed to convert it into just a sprain as it healed. Though Rachel wasn't all too happy. Even though the ball taking part on Christmas Day and being two weeks away, she panicked. Simply assuming her wrist would not be healed by then. Despite the fact Madame Pompfrey had just healed her wrist nearly completely within two minutes.

Instead, she was wearing a wrist supporter. It was hidden beneath her school uniform and only the bandage that crossed her fingers could be seen. It still annoyed Rachel. She had broken bones and such before, but nothing was more annoying than a sprain. Sometimes it would be okay, but if she moved her wrist then a sharp pain would surge through her arm. Personally she would have preferred to have broken her wrist.

"I'm glad my pain keeps you entertained Weasley." Rachel sarcastically glared at Fred who still sniggered at the memory of Hogsmede that only occurred the day before.

"Sorry, sorry." He trailed off with a smirk on his face, staring at his shoes to try and distract himself.

They had suddenly started talking again, Rachel and Fred, which considering how upset and angry Rachel had been, was very weird. They hadn't meant to be talking like old friends, let alone laughing with each other again but it just happened. It was hard for Rachel to stay angry at Fred.

The weekend was drawing to a close now as Rachel lay upside down on a sofa, her hair falling off the bottom and her feet swung over the back. Harry was sat sideways on the same sofa, his feet tucked through the gap of Rachel's legs and the sofa back, staring at his sister who was ignoring him. Accidentally or purposely was unknown.

"You know one day," Harry started saying and Rachel finally looked across at him. "I'm gonna be dead. Then you'll regret ignoring me."

Rachel laughed and spun around, accidentally knocking Harry's glasses with her feet. "Sorry." She sniggered. "But if one of us was going to die, it would be me."

"Yeah I'll agree with you there." Harry said, adjusting his glasses properly.

At that moment, Hermione came plopping down next to them, pushing the twins apart with a slight look of horror. "Harry! You can't agree to Rachel dying!"

"We're only saying it as a joke Mione." Harry scoffed.

"I wasn't." Rachel said not looking at them.

The awkward silence fell upon the three of them, whilst Ron happily played wizards chess with Seamus. It was true, in Rachel's opinion, that she would be the first to kick the bucket out of the two of them. After all, Harry was more... sensible despite his sudden hot headedness sometimes. Whereas if Rachel got an idea into her head, she would continue with it no matter what, most likely. Whether it be to run halfway into the Forbidden Forest and go exploring or something even more drastic.

She was a bit of a walking hazard, she couldn't exactly be 'tamed' and it was by thought that Rachel never wanted to. Why should she? It was a good trait amongst her cocky personality inherited by James Potter himself. He had been just the same had he not? But it was brave, admirable and yes, sometimes idiotic. It was amazing what he would do for his family. He fought Voldemort off wand less in the hopes that Lily and the twins may escape.

It honoured Rachel to know how much she was like her father, personality, roguish hair, cheeky smile and gorgeous hazel eyes. It made her happy knowing she was some what like her dad, a man she would never meet.

"No!" Seamus suddenly yelled in anguish, breaking Rachel's thought as she looked down at the two.

Ron, as always, had won the game and Seamus began handing over a sickle with a disgruntled look. Quite cheerily, Ron pocketed the sickle and looked about the common room.

"Anyone else want a game?"

*

Had the days been passing? Was it now a Friday instead of a Thursday? Merlin knows, the hours passed so slowly it seemed to Rachel. The countdown to the holidays and then to the Yule Ball was almost unbearable. It seemed that the castle was ready for Christmas though, every other morning the students and professors would awaken to see fresh snow on the ground. Filch was finding this particularly annoying having to shovel the snow constantly.

It was hard to tell what the time was too, the days were shortened allowing the darkness to seep over the sky whenever it fancied. It was slightly disorientating if you didn't keep an eye on the time, like Rachel. She had to keep asking the time to make sure she wasn't late for anything.

But the lessons were fairly easy now, with only four days till the holidays, the pupils were convincing the professors to let them not work. Rachel had been especially manipulative with Professor Flitwick in charms, debating with him that everyone was doing fine in charms and that they deserved a break. Also, she then went to add, he was a great teacher and should also put his feet up.

At first Flitwick seemed slightly reluctant adding the point that that was what the holidays were for it only took a Rachel a moment to come back with a reply.

"But sir, Harry is going to be busy all holidays. You won't get a chance to talk to him about that impressive summoning charm he used in the first task!"

Harry had let out an internal groan as Flitwick beamed quite happily, dismissing the class to do what they wanted whilst he spoke with Harry. It was clear that Harry was not impressed as he shot glares at Rachel.

"At least he's not doing work!" She simply laughed when she joined Hermione, Ron, Seamus and Dean.

The five sat around a desk, pulling chars up here, there and everywhere. After some time Neville joined them too quite happily and Rachel smiled, at least he didn't feel as awkward she thought to herself. Usually Neville was not one for joining in groups of anyone more than two people. He always felt wrong, like he shouldn't be there. But Rachel knew this was because of the bullying.

Once or twice had she dealt with the bullies, the week of detentions was worth every drop of Neville's happiness. He deserved it. After all, living with your grandparents nearly all your life couldn't be fun. In Rachel's eyes, Neville was just the kid who was always in the wrong place at the wrong time, incredibly smart when it came to herbology and someone who loved his toad a little too much.

"So children, you all staying for the holidays?" Rachel asked them all with a smile.

They all murmured in agreement, nodding their heads and chattering about the Yule Ball quite quickly. Seamus was very adamant in trying to sneak a bottle of fire whiskey in with him.

"How are you even going to get a bottle?" Dean scoffed looking at his best friend in disbelief.

"I can sort it out." Seamus said with a wave of his hand.

Rachel laughed at his petty excuses. "Are you still going with Aspen Collins?"

Seamus blushed instantly, his ears flashing red along with his face. Dean looked at Rachel catching eye contact.

"I'm taking that as a yes." He said.

The group laughed together as Seamus' blush died down, Rachel smirked at him thinking back to the previous year with the three of them - Seamus, Aspen and herself - in transfiguration. They had some good laughs at the back of the class as Rachel was happy something was finally sparking between the two.

"Who you going with?" Ron asked Dean, leaning across the desk.

Dean rolled his eyes almost instantly and signalled towards Lavender Brown, Rachel faked gagged.

"She was going to be Seamus' but then he got with Aspen. So now I'm going with Lavender." Dean tried justifying to Rachel.

"I'm sure she'll be lovely." Rachel smiled sarcastically.

"I only asked her because I didn't want to go alone. That would make me look like some lonely sod! Dean then laughed.

In fact the whole group laughed except for Ron who nervously wriggled in his seat, being the only one without a date. He bit the inside of his cheek to try and ease the embarrassment until Rachel noticed him, remembering that the topic might be a little sensitive. So within an instant the topic was changed, to a discussion on the O.W.L exams they'd take the following year.

Ron nodded appreciatively to Rachel discreetly, she shot him a small grin before turning back to her group.

"I can't believe it's next year." Neville frowned.

"I know. Well it's only three years till we are out of here!" Rachel pointed out.

Hermione sighed in her seat and genuinely looked saddened by Rachel's comment. "It's going to be hard saying goodbye to this school."

Everyone took their turns muttering responses and nodding their heads in agreement. But Rachel shook her head and leant forward in her seat slightly, a sad smile on her face.

"I don't do goodbyes."

"Why not?" Seamus questioned.

There was a slight pause as Rachel tried to find the correct words to explain her point. "I just think if you say goodbye to someone, or something, you're moving on. And not in a good way, you know? Like leaving it behind you and forgetting about it."

"You're getting deep." Dean chortled with a smirk but Rachel only shook her head and continued.

"No, seriously. It happens all the time! You say goodbye and you move on and forget things. I'd rather say 'see you again' to someone on their deathbed than 'goodbye'. I hate that word."

Ron looked at Rachel with an agreeing look, secretly he felt the same as did Neville who was starting to feel emotional. He couldn't say goodbye to two very special people to him, just in case it was the last time he would see them. It was affecting him that much, Neville had to keep clearing his throat to stop the tears from rising over his eyes like waves.

As the bell went, the class escaped into the halls and surrounding crowds of other students. Rachel stood her ground, annoyingly, near enough in the middle of the corridor to wait for Harry. Hermione and Ron had noticed her slight stupidity and carried on to their next class when finally, Harry slipped through the crowd and joining Rachel.

They barged through the crowds, which was hard enough usually but seeing as everyone still hated what Harry had 'done' just made things harder. People pushed back and rammed the two twins out of the way. But Rachel, being stubborn and easily irritatable, pushed back harder which probably was not a good thing to do. By accident Rachel had pushed the younger Greengrasss, Astoria, into Draco, Pansy, Kayla and unfortunately Daphne; the eldest of the Greengrass'.

At first Daphne simply glared at her sister, until she clocked that she had fallen. Swiftly meeting Rachel's eyes a flurry of curse words came at her with Pansy joining in too, but surprisingly Kayla and Draco stayed silent and simply left the two Slytherin's behind. The best thing Rachel could do in a situation like this was just walk away, she'd get too angry more than likely and start a duel. So instead she gently nudged Harry in the direction they were headed and continued walking.

"Yeah you run away, it's what you do best you cowardly, filthy halfblood!" She screeched at Rachel.

But before the two Potter's could disappear into the classroom, Rachel stopped and turned to look at Daphne with a smug grin. She, quite happily, raised her middle finger at both Daphne and Pansy before finally entering the classroom with Harry. He was trying to suppress his laugh as they took their seats next to each other in divination. Quite possibly the most boring subject they had ever taken.

"Where were you?" Ron frowned. "You took your time."

"Howler just made a new enemy." Harry smirked, adjusting his robes.

"Really?" Ron started to smile, leaning forward. "Who is it?"

"Daphne Greengrass." Rachel rose her eyebrows with an amused smile.

As always, the day continued and having both up's and down's to it. And happily, the days quickly slipped away allowing the Christmas Holidays to finally arrive at Hogwarts, bringing an unusual amount of excitement than normal. It seemed, finally, people were beginning to leave Harry and Rachel in peace, fully accepting what had happened could no longer be changed. Unless of course a time turner was used.

It crossed Rachel's mind that she should ask Hermione where the necklace had gone. It would prove fun and useful, of course abiding the laws of time. Which to Rachel, she did not believe in. She believed that it wasn't a set thing, something that had to be followed like some sort of arithmetics. No, to her it was more of a 'wibbly wobbly' kind of thing. Well, that was the best way she could explain it.

But still, the feeling of knowing that you could walk down the halls of Hogwarts without being cussed at - not aloud anyway - was satisfying to Rachel. As well to Harry, who only now had to deal with the constant pestering from Ron. Hermione and Rachel toward the golden egg. It was more aggravating than ever for Harry, he had battled a dragon and yet still they were on his case. Despite this, Rachel had pointed out more than once that the first task had taken place nearly a month ago.

"It is time for you to move on Harry." Rachel rolled her eyes for what seemed to be the millionth time as she repeated the usual phrase anytime the first task was mentioned.

Harry was never impressed with his sister's cockiness for he knew for a fact if the roles had been reversed, she would almost never let it go that she had taken down a Hungarian Horntail. However, it probably was best to listen to Rachel, even though he did not want to. It seemed to everyone that Rachel was the bossiest of the two twins. She would not deny it herself.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 129 26
/// Everybody watched in awe as an irresistible gorgeous girl walked out of the doors of great hall. /// Y/n Goldmoon was a transfer student from Ame...
216 0 21
Athena Evan Potter, A teenage girl, named at the age of 14 and a half is finally going to Hogwarts the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to meet her...
304K 7.2K 29
they said potions were just not her thing, but alexandrina reddins seemed to do the impossible. becoming friends with cedric diggory after he left he...
86.7K 2.5K 55
Rachel was adopted by Remus Lupin when she was young; her parents killed by none other than Voldemort. Clueless to her past before Lupin, she starts...