What the!!!!!!

Af Sarangaeyo15

What happens when an American high school hottie falls in love with an Indian girl but she is a little resist... Mere

Introduction
Some tiny details
Breakfast and ride to school
Parents
First Day
I met her
I think you have learned your lesson
I did not see that coming
Amanda is 16
Why me?????
Let's make covalent bond
The Engagement
My Birthday
The Game and Aftermath
Telling them to maintain distance
Let's focus on Christmas shopping for now
An Eventful Christmas indeed
Ah what a start!!!!
Thanks for being there
It's Valentine's week
It wasn't easy, nevertheless
The Wedding and other shenanigans
Oh God! That's why?
What have I done!!
Jealousy is in the air
Sport's event is incomplete without a drama
Finally

What the F

451 23 0
Af Sarangaeyo15

                      Trisha's POV

After that too shocking revelation of what a blunder I had done and my reconciliation with Jeremy I had to spend two weeks at home as I was grounded by mom with full support of my dad. Well that's history now. But it turned out to be beneficial in a way as now I had plenty of time to think how I was gonna rectify the mistake I had done and what I would say to Shawn. I mean this was the first time a guy told me he liked me and the cherry on the top was that I liked him too but no no no my luck had to intervene like some vamp of a daily soap.

Those two weeks went by pretty quickly with me doing a lot of thinking and yes I got some ideas. Not only ideas, I had infact prepared a whole conversation playing Shawn's part by myself as well. Ain't I awesome?

After those two weeks ended I had a lot to do. I had my volunteering coming up at the hospital plus my brother was graduating. Yeeppeee. But it was sad at the same time as he would go to college then. Mixed emotions you could say.

Finally the graduation day came and Amanda and I both went to attend it. It was such proud moment to see Jer wearing that robe and that graduation hat. I almost cried. I had tears in my eyes but I controlled it. Reason being when I cry about one thing I start remembering all the other sad things and become a crying mess. Don't know if it happens with others too or should I need to get myself checked. Anyway, so I controlled myself as no one would want a crying mess at their graduation.

After the graduation ceremony Amanda and I went out with Jer and his friends to celebrate the big day. They were our seniors, so it wasn't a big deal. We knew them all. We had a lot of fun that day.

I had started my volunteering before the graduation day, so few weeks went by me being busy with the hospital work and all.

After a month or so came the day to say goodbye. Not for ever but still. Jer was to go to his college campus two weeks before our new session. I didn't hold back that day. My brother was leaving for college. One of my very close people. How could I stop myself.

"Hey hey, why are you crying. I am not going forever. I will come on holidays and you can also visit me anytime. It's not that far," Jer said trying hard to console me.

"I know....... But..... Still," I managed to utter between my hiccups." I am gonna miss you so much," I hugged him tightly.

"Me too. Now stop with the tsunami of tears."

I sniffed," Don't you dare make any other sister there. I am warning you."

"I would be a complete moron if I would go to college and still make a girl my sister. Plus one is enough for me," he started laughing.

This made me laugh too. But then I remembered how he liked Amanda, so I pull him closer to me and whispered in his ears," What about my sister? She is gonna come to your college next year. Don't go around flirting," I warned him.

"Okay okay your highness. But we don't know if that would happen."

"It will happen. I have a hunch," I smiled.

"Let's hope for the best," Jer smiled too.

"If you brother sister are done, can I hug him goodbye too," that was Amanda.

"He is all yours," I said winking at Jer.

Amanda didn't understand my point and just went to hug Jer. Her back was facing me and Jer was the one who could see me so I didn't miss the opportunity to tease him.

Finally we bid him farewell and he sat in the car with his parents to go to the campus. Before going he again reminding me of clearing everything with Shawn and even give him update about every single thing and I only responded with," Aye aye captain." What else could I have said. Even I was nervous of what would happen. How would Shawn react. Will he be angry or will he hug me. So many thoughts playing jumping jumping on my head sometimes causing bad headaches. Arghhh. Still two weeks left. Hope everything goes well.

                        Shawn's POV

After knowing that big not soooo logical reason why Trisha rejected me I was at a cross road whether to be angry or to be happy. Should I give her cold shoulder or should I just confront her and ask to be my girlfriend again. This debate didn't leave my side even after I went to the summer camp.

I started going to the summer camp three years back well this was my third year. It was not like some cliche summer camps for kids but much better. So many activities to do, so much to learn and getting to know new people, making friends. It's really a good place to quench your thirst of curiosity and increasing your knowledge.

Even in the summer camp I had Trisha in my mind. It's like she had rented a place there. Not that I minded but this tenant had done some serious damage and was now not available to do the damage control.

Though she was in my mind but being in the summer camp was helping me to keep it all aside for a while and focus on other things which I wouldn't be able to do had I stayed ta home.

I have friends here so it was easy to pass the time. One of them was Bethany. I met her last year here and we had few common interest so we connected over that. She was a year younger than me. She could be those mean girl which they show in television who cares about there make up and all sometimes but she is nice. I had seen her that side so I was okay with making her my friend. There were other people as well. There was Jason, Liam and Lisa too. There were all my age and we had this friends group who keep each other company. So, it was kind of a good getaway from all the things that happened back at home.

With all my friends and all the activities I didn't realise how fast these one and a half month went by. I even missed my soccer mates' graduation including that of Jeremy. She was there though. I saw the pictures. Courtesy of Miss Amanda. She didn't post anything since our prom not even anything from the wedding. Even though she straight face rejected me and I was upset but deep down I wanted to see her in those Indian attires looking no less than a princess. But well when did anything have gone the way I wanted it to go? So, no picture was posted and I was left with my despair again.

I came back home one week before the new session started. Gave my family a bone crushing hug. God I missed them so much. There was one more person I missed. Her. I debated whether I should go see her. My dumb lovestruck part of the brain even hatched a plan of using Jeremy as an excuse but my logical part intervened firstly stating the sad fact that Jeremy had already left for his college campus and then very rudely reminded me of a thing which I had which I was forgetting, my self respect. So, I went with my logical part and waited for teh schools to reopen. Then only we will know what's in the cards for us.

                        Trisha's POV
Nervousness, anxiety and even fear at some corner of my heart, these are the only feelings I had for the last two days thinking of all the what ifs that could happen the next day. School was starting tomorrow and thinking about how I would break the ice and what Shawn would say or how he would react were the only things going on in my mind. It was too much.

I woke up with the same feelings next day as well but at the same time I was consoling my heart saying that maybe maybe things would go smoothly and Shawn would react leniently but the negative side had more weight and it was conquering my feelings.

My anxiety was killing me that much that at some point I even thought to skip school but the studious and nerdy side of mine strongly disagreed and this plan was side lined by veto power.

So, I got dressed and had my breakfast. Dad told us that he would drop us to school. As we were getting closer to the school I was getting impatient, nervous and what not. Amanda saw that and gestured me to keep calm.

We reached the school gates and we both got down. As we heading to school Amanda remembered how she forgot her earphones in the car and asked me to go ahead.

I hesitantly walked inside the school and towards my school locker. Aa I walking in that direction I saw Shawn already standing there. Though I was nervous and a little afraid but the moment I saw him it felt like my mood lightened somehow. I started smiling. I told myself," Let's do this Trisha. You can do it" and as I was about to take my first step towards Shawn when suddenly a girl came from behind and put her palms on his eyes. Shawn turned to see who it was and the moment he saw the girl he hugged he. He freaking hugged her.

I was like wtf. Calm down Trisha calm down. That was what I was chanting continuously but my jealous side was starting to get the better of me.

I was glued to the ground when Amanda came and bumped into me and stumbled.

"Hey sis why are you standing in the way?" She asked but when u didn't answer she looked at the way I was and ," Wowww," all she could say.

"Who is she?" She asked as if I am some software with details of all students of the school.

I looked at her and said without letting my annoyance getting the best of me. Amanda wasn't at fault so why should she face it,"How would I know? She seems new."

"Her name is Bethany," said someone which started both of us. I looked at my right and there standing was Sasha and at Amanda's side was Ali.

"When did you guys come?" I asked.

"When you were sulking looking at them and clearly showing your jealousy. At the exact time," Ali said in her sassy way.

"Jea..jealous. I am not jealous and I certainly wasn't sulking." I had to defend myself.

"Yaa it's as true as the fact that you and I are good friends," came a very sarcastic reply from Sarah.

"Whatever!!" I said to throw them off the track as if it would have worked. They both gave me that sly smile.

"So, Bethany. She seems new," Amanda continued the conversation.
I was busted and shouldn't have stayed there any longer but my curious side had other plans. Even I wanted to know.

"Well yes she is new. Her parents moved in her and she joined our school. She is a year junior and apparently goes to the same summer camp that Shawn goes to which clarifies how Shawn is being this friendly with her which he rarely gets." Sarah spilled all the tea.

"He was friendly with me," I whispered but my bad they heard me.

"It was because he saw you at that parking lot plus he knew you were my sister and he has a," I stopped Amanda before she could complete the sentence. I didn't want Ali and Sasha to know everything.

"Crush on you," but Ali completed her sentence which shocked me and I looked at her without putting any effort to conceal my shock.

"What? It's no news to us. I think everyone knows. Atleast the circle," Ali said nonchalantly.

Why God why? And here I thought I would talk this out with Shawn but no no no. You had to make it hard.
I was very embarrassed now, so it was high time to change the subject.

"It's hasn't been our first period yet. How did you know all this about that girl? I was desperate to change the topic and curious too.

"Oh that. Well she moved to our next door house," replied Sarah.

"Oh okay." Here I thought they have some network like in Gossip Girl. Xoxo.

I again looked at Shawn and he was still engrossed in deep conversation with that girl. Took him such less time to find someone new. So, while I was being embarrassed here at home and was thinking of ways to say sorry to him and how I ended up doing such blunder, he was enjoying with his friend at the camp. Arghhh it was so annoying and I unconsciously folded my hand to form a fist and I was clenching it too tight.

My emotions were not in control and not forget to mention the bad ones. When Ali and Sasha saw that then I was sure that others could see it too. I didn't want to show anyone how I was feeling, so I decided to go to the classroom even though it was a little early. I told Amanda this but not without showing my jealousy.

"You guys can enjoy the so lovely friendship but I have zero interest, so I am heading to my class. Meet you later sis. You too girls."

"Yaa it's better that way. Who knows who will become the victim of your anger on some certain guy. I don't wanna see you throwing punches randomly. Babye," Amanda said like I would do that. I just made a bored face and went from there. Arghh damn this day.

                        Shawn's POV

That one week before the new session passed pretty quickly and then came the day which I was really confused about. Confused as how I would be. What I would do. How I would react when I would see her. Lately the Wh family had become my best friends, not leaving my side for once. I was nervous too as I would see her after so long. It might be a fact that she rejected me over some silly reason but there was another fact maybe stronger and more important that is I like her. I do and the thought of seeing her after so long was making me nervous and somewhat giddy too. I hadn't seen her for like almost three months.

While having my doubts I remembered how Amanda told me that she would talk to Trisha about that issue. Maybe she had talked to her. "Maybe Trisha had realised what wrong she had done and how big of a misconception she had been having for so long. Maybe she would talk to you about it."  My inner self started boosting my confidence but at the same time my tiny ego which I had like any other person told me not to go soft the moment I see her. So, I decided that I would not ignore her or give her cold shoulder but at the same time I would not start the conversation. It should be her who should do it. Yes, that was a nice plan. I started getting ready for school after I was fully satisfied with my plan.

I went to school a littl early to avoid bumping into Amanda and Trisha as that would mean I have to greet Amanda and then I had to greet Trisha as people would be suspicious if I won't and that would ruin the strategy I made with all my hard work. So, I went at a time that would make sure that I won't come face to face to them atleast not in the hallway.

I reached school early and luckily Trisha didn't had the same idea to avoid me. She wasn't there. I sighed in relief and went to put my stuff in my locker. I was putting my stuff when someone put their hands on my eyes. For milliseconds I thought it was Trisha or maybe my I desired it was her but I knew her touch, not in a creepy way but I did. It was someone else. I turned around and it was Bethany. The same Bethany from the summer camp. She was grinning looking at me.

"Bethany!! Oh my God!! How? I mean why? I mean.... Oh God," I had so many questions. She started laughing watching me all startled and confused.
"Wow! You gave the same reaction I was expecting," she said," and to clear all your confusing, well I moved in this neighborhood and gonna start my new session from your school."

"That's great news," I hugged her. It was really an amazing news that also on the first days.
We both talked for some time and then went our ways to attend our classes. While going towards the class my mind kept wondering about Trisha. Just because I was occupied talking to Bethany that didn't mean I forgot about her. She was always on my mind.
I reached the classroom and saw her sitting at her usual desk at the back. I battled with myself whether to sit next to her or somewhere else but what she did let my ego won and I decided to sit somewhere else. She looked at my side and then looked away. "In short she ignored you," my subconsciousness taunted. Well maybe she was too embarrassed about what happened. I tried to reason with my subconsciousness. It would be for some time as she would definitely talk to me. Atleast that's what I was hoping for. 'Or your desperately hopeless ass will go and talk to her." My subconsciousness again taunted me. I just sighed as it was somewhat right. I took a seat elsewhere and gave her one last look. Her focus was completely on the book in front of her as if she already understood its content. No later the teacher came and the first class of our new session started.

                         Trisha's POV

I went straight to my classroom and put my stuff on the table angrily which resulted in a thud sound. I tried to calm myself. Why was I feeling this way. What was this? Was this what they say being jealous when you like someone. I used to think it was so irrational and childish and here I was sulking watching him getting friendly with that camp girl.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise when the class started to fill. I looked up to see and at the very exact moment Shawn entered the class. Our eyes met for a veryyyy small moment before I diverted my gaze. It might have looked like I ignored him but I couldn't help. My mixed emotions of embarrassment and this newfound jealous resulted in me doing such thing. He didn't take his usual seat next to me and sat somewhere else. Well it was better that way atleast for today. I decided not to look up until the teacher came. I engrossed myself in the book that was in front of me as if I understood everything written in it when in reality I had no interest in it.

The final bell rang and the teacher came. I had my full focus on the teacher throughout the class and that's how our first day of our new session started. The whole day went in a jiffy. Well for others not me. I had to bear the scenes of the so lovely bond of Mr Allen and his friend the whole day, at the cafeteria, near the locker and then outside the gates as well. It was as if she didn't want to let go. Anyway I was relieved that the day finally ended and I could go home. Don't know what God has planned for the future.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

21.4K 1.6K 34
||Wattys 2022 Shortlist|| [Wattys Bootcamp Mentorship 2022 - Mentor: @beautlies] Three Amigos. Two soulmates. A tragedy that leaves a trail of broke...
29.8K 2.2K 36
From Being Childhood Friends 👧🧑 To.... Meeting Again As Strangers To.... Becoming Colleagues To ... Becoming Lovers ♥️♥️ To..... Read out this...
144K 9.5K 22
When you are in high school the Indian society don't expect you to date and definitely not lose your virginity or get pregnant. That doesn't happens...
18.9K 700 28
"Arranged?." I asked. "Yes. " She replied. There comes a time in your life when you feel utterly guilty of leading a life you never wanted. But the...