Punarjanma - The Rebirth of t...

By AnkitaPrasanna

He is an Army Lieutenant General, the highest officer on frontline border. She was a mere village girl, who h... More

PROLOGUE
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •
• 8 •
• 9 •
• 11 •
AUTHOR'S NOTE
• 12 •

• 10 •

522 55 11
By AnkitaPrasanna

"Rohini... Are you my Rohini?" Shashi asked her to which she nodded.

A tear escaped from his eyes. He still couldn't believe that she was indeed in front of him.

Rohini lifted her arm. She touched his cheek with her index finger to wipe his tears. Her hand was shaking due to weakness but still, he felt the warmth he was missing in his life through those weak fingers. He wiped his tears and looked at her. She gently placed her bandaged hand on his cheek. Both of them were looking at each other and trying to express in silence. Their eyes spoke for them. But all of a sudden, Rohini's hand fell from his face. She was unconscious, again.

Shashi immediately called the doctors. They asked him stay outside while they treated her.

He came out only to find three men outside.

"Jai Hind sir!" Agent Rishi saluted him.

"Jai Hind!" Shashi replied.

"We've arrested Mr. Girish for violating the rules. Just we need to wait for Officer Sitara to give her statement so that we can take actions against Girish." Agent Rishi gave the details of Girish's case.

"And what about those terrorists?" Shashi asked.

"All of them are under arrest. We have recieved the information about their secret camp which is located on the India Pakistan border. More information is being collected by the officers. As soon as we receive any important information, we'll take some solid decisions about them." Officer Jeet or Inderjeet replied.

"Good..." Shashi nodded.

"How's officer Sitara?" Inderjeet asked.

"She was awake few minutes ago but now she's unconscious again." Shashi replied with a hint of sadness in his voice.

They were having a talk. Few cops were outside Rohini's room so as to ensure her safety. Shashi himself took the responsibility of Rohini till she's completely fine. After few minutes, doctors came out.

"Nothing to worry. Her heart rate is stable. We have removed her oxygen mask. She still has some weakness but she will be soon completely healthy. We recommend a diet for her so that she recovers quickly. This is the diet chart. Make sure to follow it completely. She will be discharged today evening." Doctors were talking with Shashi as they handed him the chart.

"Can we meet her?" The three men asked in unison.

"Sure." Doctor replied as he went.

They entered the room. Rohini was laying on the bed. Her mask and saline from her hand was removed. They quietly stood besides her. Shashi sat on the chair besides her as he gently stroked her head.

She smiled as if she knew who could be stroking her head. She gently opened her eyes.

"Agent Rishi?" She asked as she requested Shashi to help her sit upright.

"How are you feeling now, officer?" Rishi asked her.

"I'm fine. Thanks to Officer Jeet, I'm alive. If he wouldn't have caught Girish in time, he would surely have killed me by now." Rohini spoke as she looked at Inderjeet.

"I'm glad I could help you." Inderjeet said as he smiled.

"How's your son? Is he hurt?" Rohini asked him.

"He's alright, thanks to you. Actually, if you won't mind, he wanted to meet you." Inderjeet spoke as he asked her.

"I'd love to meet him. As soon as I'm discharged from this hospital, I will surely meet him." Rohini replied.

"You are going to be discharged today evening most probably. But only after you finish the meal which I'm going to bring for you. I came to know from Officer Ruby that you've not had your breakfast and lunch. Inder will wait with you untill I bring you something to eat, okay?" Shashi asked her as she nodded.

"As you say so, Shashi." Rohini replied with a smile.

"Wait, do you guys know each other?" Inderjeet and Rishi asked them with a questioned face.

"Due to a tragedy, yes." Rohini replied as Shashi laughed.

"It's a long story yaara, I'll explain it to you some other day." Shashi replied with a smile.

"Do you want us to contact your family, like Ramesh or your husband?" Shashi asked her.

"I'm still unmarried. You can call Ramesh Dada. He stays in Pune City now." Rohini replied.

"Then that mangalsutra you wore?" Shashi asked.

"I'll tell you later on." She spoke.

"Ohh... Okay...." Shashi replied as he left the room to call Ramesh.

"I think you will be safer with Sir than with me. I'll meet you in few days regarding the case. And before I forget, your phone, jewelry and clothes are with Sir. I'll see you soon. Bye." Rishi left as Rohini waved him.

Inderjeet sat besides her. They both had a long talk. They had many things in common along with their profession. Soon both of them were best friends. Their one hour long talk was interrupted by Ramesh, Sakshi and Ramesh's mother.

"My child!" The old lady came ahead as Inderjeet stood from his seat.

"How come you ended up here, dear?" She asked Rohini.

"Aai (mom), I'm good. It's just that I was into a small accident this morning when I went to a school for guest lecture." Rohini lied so as to keep her job's high secrecy.

"And why are so many army officers guarding you?" Sakshi asked as she looked at Inderjeet.

Inderjeet was still in his uniform as he came back immediately after a meeting with the heads.

"Don't be scared. I am a friend of Ms. Rohini. And the officers are here for my security. Nothing to worry." Inderjeet lied as he came to know that her family has zero idea about her risky profession.

"Okay... Was it you who called us?" Ramesh asked.

"No. It was my boss. He will be here shortly... Ohh, he's here." Inderjeet spoke as Shashi entered the room.

"Hello... Is that you, Mr. Shashi?" Ramesh asked as Shashi removed his goggles.

"Ramesh... Nice to meet you again." Shashi replied as they both hugged each other.

"We will wait outside. Rohini, I'm keeping the food here. Do let me know once you are hungry." Shashi spoke as he kept the tiffin in the room.

The men went outside. Sakshi sat besides Rohini.

"That officer, how come you know him?" Sakshi asked her.

"He is Shashi. The kind man who saved my life four years ago from my treacherous family. Today also, he saved me again along with Mr. Inderjeet." Rohini spoke.

"Ohh, I see... Well, I got to know you are getting discharged today evening. So are you going to stay at your place or shall we take you home?" Sakshi asked her.

"I don't know. Maybe I will stay at my house. You guys have your jobs and also a lot of things to do. I have my house keeper to look after me..." Rohini was about to complete but a strong voice interrupted her.

"No. I've talked with doctors. You need to come here every day for check ups. And our house is way too far from this hospital. So you're staying here only for a week. I'll be visiting you everyday." Ramesh said as he stood behind Sakshi.

"But then about the bills son?" His mother asked.

"Don't worry about it, Aai. As she saved someone's life, she gets free treatment. The bills are on the hospital." Ramesh spoke as his mother smiled.

"You have your food my child. We will come to visit you tomorrow morning, okay?" The mother spoke as Rohini nodded.

"I would have stayed with you but Aai is also not well as she experiences pain in her knees. But don't worry, I'm sure to take you home once you're fit and healthy." Sakshi spoke as she gently hugged Rohini.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine." Rohini spoke as they left.

-------------------------

Another short update!!

Do let me know your thoughts in the comments...

Next update soon.

Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 5.6K 2
Once upon a time, men and women entered marriage with very clear policies regarding the division of labour: he would go to work and "bring home the b...
599K 39.5K 52
[Arranged Marriage Series-1] She is second wife; can she be his first love? Besides having great friends, Mayra has a wonderful family as well. Mayra...
219K 11.8K 50
"I don't want to become a mother." This line is a taboo for women in some parts of the world, and so was for Khusi Mukherjee. At the age of 25, inde...
1.5M 58.5K 75
Previous Title : Tum Jo Nahi Toh Kuch Bhi Nahi He was sitting emotionlessly. He looked toward her in anger. She also looked at him but she was confus...