The Magician's Apprentice

By BaguetteManOfficial

(Y/n) Zatara is the son of Zatanna Zatara and the Batman. Yeah, those two had a baby. (Y/n) was raised by his... More

Gotham
The Watchtower
The Haircut
Wayne Family Adventures
Friends
Friends Part 2

Beginnings

2.9K 83 15
By BaguetteManOfficial

18 years ago

Zatanna Zatara stared into the mirror. More specifically at her stomach.

"You need to stop hating yourself. So you and the bat hooked up. Big whoop. No need to beat yourself up" this voice came from the houses resident ghost. Boston Brand, also known as Deadman.

"That's not it Boston" Zatanna replied before sighing. She wasn't sure if she wanted to tell him, but she knew he'd have to find out eventually. "I'm-I'm pregnant"

"Oh. Oh!" The ghost didn't know how to reply.

"You could be a bit more comforting" the girl replied as she tried not to cry. She was still young, barely even into her twenties, she didn't want this.

"Sorry, I was just surprised" the ghost replied before putting a hand on her shoulder, not that she could feel it. "Everything will be fine Z, this kid'll be awesome. You can even teach him magic, I'm sure Constantine'll help too"

Zatanna looked at Boston like he was an idiot. "You really think John should be allowed near a kid?" She asked with a small laugh.

"Good point" Boston replied with a smile. He was glad she was still in a decent enough place that she could still make jokes.

Now

"Mom!" A voice yelled as Zatanna groaned and opened her eyes. Even at 17 her kid was still waking her up with his screaming.

"What is it?" Zatanna replied as she used her magic to dress herself.

"I think the house is messing with me again. I've been walking down this same hallway for the past half an hour" Zatanna glared at the wall, letting the house know she wasn't amused. "Thanks mom! Whatever you did worked"

"No problem honey" Zatanna replied before picking up her top hat and placing it on her head. She then exited the room and walked to the kitchen. Standing in front of the refrigerator stood her son, (y/n). "Got anything exciting planned for today?" Zatanna asked as she sat down at the table.

"Besides stand around the house? Nope" (y/n) replied as he picked out a bowl of strawberries and closed the refrigerator. He then sat across from his mother.

Zatanna sighed. "You need to go out and do something. Socialize" she looked at the boy. He was a bit to much like his father when it came to his social life.

"Quit buggering on about that" John Constantine said as he entered the room and walked to the refrigerator. Zatanna glared at him. "The boy's old enough to make his own decisions"

"What he said" (y/n) said as he motioned towards Constantine. "I don't need a social life, I'm happy just sitting here and practicing my magic"

"If you don't go out there and make friends then I'll just bring people here so you can make friends" Zatanna said with a smirk.

"You wouldn't" (y/n) replied with a glare.

"I'm with him. You bring some annoying kids here and I'm going to start smoking in the house again" John glared at Zatanna.

"You do that and I'll put a curse on you so that you can never get pleasure from smoking again"

John glared at her. "Fine. Do whatever you want, just do it after I leave" John grabbed an apple before walking out of the room.

"You can not bring just anyone to our home" the voice of fate rang throughout the room before a portal opened and out stepped the man himself.

"Aha! Even fate is on my side" (y/n) said smugly.

"I'll only bring someone who's trusted by the league" Zatanna said. Fate then nodded before exiting through his portal. She then looked smugly at (y/n).

The boy groaned. "Or not. Please don't do this"

"Oh, I'm doing this" Zatanna replied with a smirk. "You need friends, whether you know it or not"

Twenty minutes later

"So what do you say? You gonna help me out?" Zatanna was currently standing in the watchtower standing in front of the one and only Superman. She had just explained the situation to him.

"Of course" Clark replied as he nodded his head. "What type of person do you think he'd be able to be friends with?"

"Honestly I'm not sure" Zatanna replied as she shrugged. "He's not the most friendly person"

"Well like father like son" Superman replied. "I have a few people in mind" the kryptonian said as he walked up to a computer console and brought up some league member files. "Here are our candidates"

Half an hour later

"Whatcha doin?" (Y/n) asked as he spotted Boston floating in the corner of the room reading something.

"Readin this pamphlet I found outside Johns bedroom door" Boston replied before handing it to the boy.

The boy looked at the pamphlet. It seemed ordinary enough, but then why would it be in the house? The boy began a spell. "Laever ruor sterces!" The pamphlet began to glow. Eventually the glow stopped and (y/n) looked at it again. "That makes more sense" the pamphlet really turned out to be an invitation to some demon poker game.

"Yeah that's John alright" Boston shrugged as he took back the pamphlet. "The doors about to open" the ghost said before exiting the room.

(Y/n) quickly turned his head and noticed his mother walking through the door of the house. Behind Zatanna stood a green skinned girl with red hair. "Woah"

(Dcau definitely had the best miss Martian design)

Zatanna smirked after hearing that. She knew this would work. "I'll let you two get acquainted" she said before walking off to her room.

"Hello" The green skinned girl said shyly. "It's nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too. I'm (y/n)" the boy introduced himself.

"I'm M'gann M'orzz" the girl replied with a small smile. "I'm from mars"

"That's awesome!" (Y/n) replied as he looked her over. "Does that mean you have all the same powers as Martian manhunter?"

"I do! Watch this" the girl quickly changed her shape so that she now looked exactly like Wonder Woman. "Pretty cool huh?" She even had Diana's voice.

"That's amazing" (y/n) replied with a big smile as M'gann changed back to her normal self.

"So how long have you been on earth?" (Y/n) asked the girl.

"A little over a week" the Martian replied with a smile. "It's taking some getting used to"

"Yeah I can only imagine" (y/n) replied as he pat the seat on the couch next to him. The girl took that as a invitation to sit.

"Your mom said you need a friend?" The girl asked hopefully. She had yet to make any friends on earth.

"I don't need one, I'm perfectly happy the way I am" the girls frowned a bit. "But I suppose if you need a friend I won't say no" M'gann smiled at him.

"I'd like that. Thank you" she said with a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 18K 70
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
503K 31.3K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
186K 5.8K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
486K 10.3K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.