Colliding Ambition

By BroachAngel12

Book 1 in the Colliding Series One Dream, Two Ambitions Katherine Mitchell has grown up around hockey, with... More

Characters + Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Out now; Colliding Friendship

Chapter 14

27.6K 462 211
By BroachAngel12

*NOT EDITED*

"So aren't you supposed to be like at practice or something?" Cohan asks as we walk into the coffee shop.

"There's no practice today, we did have one yesterday. Today is gym day," I chuckle, "The boys are at the gym right now but I go in the mornings, every morning so I already went today, plus Coach said I didn't have to and I had an essay I needed to finish," I turn to the coffee guy, "Large coffee, 1 cream, 2 sugars."

"Medium Double Double." Cohan says and turns back to me, "An essay? Did you finish it?" He stuffs his hands in his jeans. Cohan is wearing black jeans━which I've noticed he wears a lot━a dark green hoodie and a jacket over it, since it's pretty chilly today.

I bite my lip, "I haven't finished it yet, I was but then I came to have coffee with you." I say sheepishly, stuffing my own hands in coat pockets. I'm wearing baggy jeans, tight long sleeve along with my hockey coat.

Cohan chuckles, "Katherine, are you avoiding doing your work?" He fishes out his wallet but when I try to protest━deja vu━he shuts me up and hands the guy a 10 dollar bill. 

I give a sheepish look, "Uh, I'm not really avoiding doing the essay..." I trail off.

Cohan smirks, "Your procrastinating." 

I gape at him, then think about it. "Oh my god I am." I laugh.

Then the guy gives us our coffee's and we walk outside since it's not cold enough that we're freezing our asses off.

"So...you and Chase, are you guys, like, dating?" Cohan asks wryly, taking a sip of his coffee.

I furrow my brows, "Me and Chase Jackson?" I laugh, "God no were not a thing, he's like a...I guess brother to me or a really immature friend."

He's still talking wryly, "What about Rohan?"

This time my brows go up, "Uh, like Rohan Griffin?" He nods, "There's nothing going on between us. He's not a stranger but I wouldn't say were the bestest of friends... but I also don't hate him so maybe friends? I'm friends with them like I am with you." 

I think about how Rohan had let me sleep in his bed, but I was also drunk, so I guess I'd consider him my friend I don't know about him though, I think he still kind of hates me?

I shrug, "Why?" I ask.

Cohan is silent for a second but not a long second. "I was just wondering because you spend a lot of time with them since you got on the team."

"Uh, yeah I do but again, their friends and fun to hangout with." I take a sip of coffee, "God I cannot wait for winter." I  whine, changing the subject.

Cohan chuckles, "You love winter don't you?"

I smile big, "Favourite season, I'm born in March and I love that it snows in March." I look around where we are. 

We just left the coffee shop near campus, were walking by beautiful Victorian houses, I would love to live in one of these. Maybe they have some in Boston.

"Oh hey Cohan you should come to my hockey game on Tuesday." I say, stuffing my hand that's not holding my coffee into my coat pocket.

"What time is it at?"

"It's at 5."

He looks like he's thinking, "I think I can make it for the beginning but I'll have to leave before the end, I'm meeting my brother for dinner, maybe we can see each other after my dinner though?"

"I wish I could but I agreed with Lexi to go to the diner for super and then were having a movie night." I frown, "I would invite you to that but...it's kind of a girls night because Lexi and I haven't had one in a while." 

He looks disappointed but recovers quickly, so quick I kind of think I imagine it. "It's okay, but what do girls even do at girl nights?"

"That's like the most basic question a guy asks when a girl mentions 'girls night'." I say laughing, then taking a sip.

"Okay well I don't know what happens and if you don't tell me I'll start making up shit," I raise my eye brows, "Naked makeup sessions, naked spa shit, naked pillow fi━"

I stop him, "Oh my god, Cohan!" I chuckle, "To contradict what you might think, girls are fully clothed during girls night."

"That's no fun." He grins.

I gape, "Oh, your acting like Chase."

The grin is gone as soon as I say that and he's now scowling at me, "Your mean."

I smile, "Got you to shut up." Cohan rolls his eyes. "Anyway." I say dramatically.

Rohan

"Spot me." I say to Chase as I go to the bench press, Chase following me. I sit and lay on the bench, "You know, you have a bedroom Chase." I point out, not grabbing the bar yet.

He furrows his brows, "Yeah I know that." He says slowly.

"Then why on earth did I walk in on you fucking a blonde on our kitchen counter?" I ask raising my brow.

Chase grins, "I forgot you walked in, you could've joined." He shrugs.

"That's not the point Chase." I groan, "Just don't fuck on the counter again, I mean not even Reid does that." I mumble the last part as I grab the bar and push up. But when Chase chuckles I know he hears me.

"Dude, why does Coach force us to do this?" Lucas Williams━a freshmen━says from the dead lifts.

"What says he's forcing me?" Mick says from the ground, doing push ups. There's a wave of laughter that goes around the gym.

"Where's Katherine?" Alex asks.

I look around the gym but I don't find her. Then I remember that I never see her when we go to the gym, which hasn't been a lot since she's only been on the team for like a week.

"Wait Coach doesn't force Kitty to do this, that's not fair." Reid complains.

"Are you girls in high school or something?" A voice says from the gym door. All our head swivel to the voice and we see Coach Davis. "You're complaining like girls in high school." He repeats.

"Coach why isn't Katherine here?" Alex asks, and I know for a facts it's because he wants to check out her ass while she works out, the thought of him looking at her ass does shit to my chest that I don't like.

"If you girls must know, Katherine comes in the morning so I told her she doesn't need to come in when you girls do, since I know you wouldn't be working out if she was here. Which wouldn't be her fault." He mumbles the last part.

I muffle a laugh because Coach took the words right out of my mouth. Coach shakes his head and leaves.

"I think I'm going to start coming in the morning." Alex says.

Before I can do anything I'm speaking, "Don't you dare. She works out in the morning because she probably likes to do it alone and not have guys ogling her. I don't use the Captain card a lot but I'm using it now, none of you are working out with her unless she asks or voluntarily works out at the same time as us." I say while still pushing the bar.

"Fine." I hear him say, I can hear the disappointment in his voice.

"That goes for all of you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

991K 22.5K 35
I had to flee. To escape. I couldn't take the pain of people telling me to be okay. That I was a survivor. But what about me being a victim? All bec...
74.4K 2.9K 43
All Rémy Miller has ever known are lies until someone is able to give him the life changing truth. When studying at Harvard University, his path unex...
756K 9.4K 25
Alina Bardot is a very talented figure skater. But her coach is having problems with her speed and hires a hockey player to teach her to be faster. ...
526K 6.3K 71
"You need to stop it with the fighting, Wade! On and off the ice. You can get killed out there!" She yells. She was so worried. His plumped red lip a...