The Throne of the Four Realms...

By sharmee_m

➜11X featured ●Featured by @magic● ●Featured by @mythandlegend● ●Featured by @Ambassadors ● ●Featured by @Sec... More

MAP OF THE FOUR REALMS
CHAPTER 1 - Of a Prince and his Dragon
CHAPTER 2 - Of Unexpected Things
CHAPTER 3 - Of a Fight and a Voyage
CHAPTER 4 - Of a Cold Stranger
CHAPTER 5 - Of a Black Tower
CHAPTER 6 - Of a Thousand Questions
CHAPTER 7- Of a Lost Wand
CHAPTER 8 - Of an Invitation
CHAPTER 9 - Of a Thrilling Duel
CHAPTER 10 - Of a Royal Ball (Part I)
CHAPTER 11 - Of a Royal Ball (Part II)
CHAPTER 12 - Of a Starry Night
CHAPTER 13 - Of Fire Against Earth
CHAPTER 14 - Of a Mysterious Mark
CHAPTER 15 - Of a New Mission
CHAPTER 16 - Of a Dragon War
CHAPTER 17 - Of an Old Portrait
CHAPTER 18 - Of an Epiphany
CHAPTER 19 - Of a Visit to the Library
CHAPTER 20 - Of a High Lady and her Daughter
CHAPTER 21- Of a King and his Son
CHAPTER 22 - Of Zephyr against Oyster
CHAPTER 23 - Of a Royal Visit
CHAPTER 24 - Of a Glorious Prince
CHAPTER 25 - Of a Discovery
CHAPTER 26 - Of a Winter Palace
CHAPTER 27 - Of a Lost Heirloom
CHAPTER 28 - Of a Feud
CHAPTER 29 - Of Swords and Daggers
CHAPTER 30 - Of a Red Bird
|| DORAN ||
CHAPTER 31 - Of Training
CHAPTER 32 - Of a Fountain
CHAPTER 33 - Of Alchemy
CHAPTER 34 - Of an Awakening
CHAPTER 35 - Of Chaos
CHAPTER 36 - Of a Dungeon (Part I)
CHAPTER 37 - Of a Dungeon (Part II)
CHAPTER 38 - Of an Escape
CHAPTER 39 - Of a Chief (Part I)
CHAPTER 40 - Of a Chief (Part II)
CHAPTER 41 - Of a Forest (Part I)
CHAPTER 42 - Of a Forest (Part II)
CHAPTER 43 - Of a Dragon Ride
CHAPTER 44 - Of a Summer Palace
CHAPTER 45 - Of a Gemini Prince
|| UNA ||
CHAPTER 46 - Of Revelations
CHAPTER 47 - Of a Summer Lord
CHAPTER 48 - Of a Window
CHAPTER 49 - Of Allies and Enemies
|| DORAN ||
CHAPTER 50 - Of a Deal
CHAPTER 51 - Of a Lost King
CHAPTER 52 - Of Siblings
CHAPTER 54 - Of Dark Magic
|| THE THRONE ||
|| RALPH ||
|| UNA ||
|| DORAN - Part I ||
|| DORAN - Part II ||
|| DORAN - Part III ||
CHAPTER 55 - Of Two Slaves
CHAPTER 56 - Of Balance
|| ORELLA ||
CHAPTER 57 - Of a Devil
CHAPTER 58 - Of Heaven and Hell
|| NOVA ||
CHAPTER 59 - Of Reunions (Part I)
CHAPTER 60 - Of Reunions (Part II)
EPILOGUE: ALLIANCE
EPILOGUE: STARS
|| THANK YOU FROM THE AUTHOR ||

CHAPTER 53 - Of an Enigma

1.1K 105 514
By sharmee_m

Author's note - I present to you our - shy, smart, strong and beautiful forest-fireling. The unwilling and forced hero, who is just the thing the Four Realms needed.

💫 Eleni, you slay, my girl! 💫

***

She slapped Ralph... in front of everyone!

I ran down the stairs, not bothering to think, to breathe, to bother about the consequences. Never in my life, did I once swear, but the obscenest words pirouetted on my tongue wildly. My sister was in a dungeon, and this woman had just hurt my brother!

Why was everyone in the Four Realms after my siblings?

"Your Highness, stop!" A guard yelled behind me and another clutched my arm. Rage surged up in my skin, as I realized that he was addressing me. I lost my control -

My palms inflamed, and arms hardened with stony scales. Just like Una had said – it hurt, it hurt bad, as if my ivory skin was shedding off and making way for a new one. Red Earthen texture graced my skin, and it was worth it. Worth every ounce of pain. The guards took a step back, the one who had touched me let out a wince being a little blistered. At least now I knew that my skin was scorching. 

With footsteps quicker than lightning, I walked out of the palace door. Lord Orlon was bellowing at her, but my single-minded head did not register a thing. "Eleni, no!" – Doran's voice – But I moved past him. Past everyone.

His mother killed your father.

Shot out like an arrow well-aimed, I stopped only when I was just a foot away from the High Lady of House of Aries. She had been looking at me, as if I were a beast accidentally knocked out of a cage, and that was exactly how I felt. Her face had turned white.

"Eleni, get back!" Ralph's hand clutched at my arm, pulling me away, but I did not move. "Get back, Eleni. You've breached the wards." I shirked his hand. The woman was glaring over my shoulders at Ralph, fueling my fury.

"You all are protecting this Luesha? Of course, it wasn't about the Conquest, silly me!" She said, eyes affixed on her son in a seething scowl. "Ralph, I thought I warned you, didn't I?"

My blood froze - what did she mean by warn? What did she do to him after I went into the dungeon? More than slaps? For standing by my side, for calling me his sister in the ring? My heart clenched tight, as I realized that he had still come for me in the forest. To get me. To protect me. He was there for me despite everything!

"How dare you?" I hissed, my arms blazing with pain, eyes blazing with rage.

She took a step ahead, shorter than me, having to look up. "He is my son. I don't take a dungeon-breaker's permission before punishing him."

Punishing him? A murderous fire broke through me, and I clutched her by the shoulder, and stepped ahead, making her take a few steps back, away from Ralph, away from others. The guards behind her looked skeptical, their eyes flashing to my hardened arms. Yes, be terrified.

The woman's eyes narrowed in challenge. I heard Ralph protest loudly but I had lost my mind. Gritting my teeth, I spoke, "He is the King of the Summer Realm, not just your son."

"And you are the bastard of my obnoxious husband, not his sister. You are a bastard. That's what you are, a mistake. An abomination. Let go off me."

Some other time, the insult would have stung me, reminded me of all the words my own mother had said to me, but not this time. She had not only killed Ralph's father, but mine too!

Leaning over her shoulder, I whispered, "I know all your dirty secrets."

I heard her gulp, but she did not waver. "Ralph, get it away from me!" was all that she said. But no one touched me, no one stopped me.

I'd show her what an 'it' I was.

"Ralph doesn't know what you did, does he? Will he ever forgive you for what you did to our father, as a son or even as a King? Isn't this treason?" I hissed, soft and low. Only for her ears. She stood limp in my clutch. I smelt her fear this time.

"Want me to tell him?" I whispered, wishing I could tell him. But not before the Conquest, I won't.

That awakened her, instilled real terror in her. She tried to jerk her body out of my grasp. But I clutched both her shoulders, my stone-hard nails digging in her skin through her sleeves, and I spoke in a loud voice that I didn't recognize as mine – "If you dare lay a finger on my brother again, I will burn you with my Fire and bury you so deep into the Earth, that your rotten soul will never find a way out."

I let her go with a push and she staggered back. Her chest rose and fell, frantic and rapid, eyes moved from me to Ralph, and to all the others standing behind stunned. A hush fell over the whole world. She, for sure was aware that Ralph was looking for his father all his life and he still didn't know that it had been her all along who had wiped him off. It was her well-guarded secret.

If I had learnt anything from Neo by now, it was to hold leverages on others! And if I had learnt anything from Una, it was to smile at the worst moments.

"Lady Izora," I crossed my arms, putting on a threatening smile, "You know, we do not tell-tales, right?"

'If you tell people about this incident, about me being in Doran's palace, I tell Ralph' – I raised a brow, tilting my head. Her nostrils flared, eyes glaring fire. Understanding shook her very being. She looked like she was debating whether to burn me alive or throw in another slap.

I suddenly felt Ralph's rough hands around my arms and he pulled me back sharply. Inside the ward's protection. Safe.

"Let it go, son." She seethed, voice shuddering with fury.

"I'm not letting my sister go!" He said, voice laced with surety, clutching me tighter to his chest as if... as if scared she'd slap me too.

"Disgrace!" She spat, looking between us with her ominously flickering eyes, looking between the most exceptional pair of siblings in the whole of the Four Realms.

The Summer and Autumn siblings!

I turned around in Ralph's grasp. Red lines stretched across his smooth tanned skin. His hands clutched my arms again, so tight that it hurt. My blistering fiery skin did not hurt him - I didn't let it hurt him. And as I looked into his eyes, I saw fear, not for himself, but for me. My lips quivered in anger again, but I simply swirled my stony fingers. The healing magic flew out of me like a wisp of green steam, and the redness faded. I could undo the physical evidence but not the one he felt deep inside.

I heard stomping footsteps behind me. She was gone. But this wouldn't be the last that I'd see of her. I'd find her. Later. 

"So cool! Give me those grapes you were eating, girl." Queen Orella whistled.

"Eleni... brilliant! I would have thrown in a punch too, by the way." Una squealed, a sound so unlike her.

"You taught her well, I'd say." Serena said, a hint of pride laced.

"Heavens, this woman. Eleni, Ralph, you good?" Lord Orlon asked and Ralph dipped his head once, eyes still affixed on me, face shaken.

"Ralph, you still taking her shit? I did not come back to see this!" Prince Nova's loud voice traveled from the foyer.

I turned my gaze slightly to look at Doran who had his brows knitted, but he instantly raised his hands, thumbs-out, wearing an impressed smile! The knot in my stomach loosened.

The fact that everyone had seen the incident, bothered me in my bones... But Ralph seemed fine somehow. Still strong. Standing his ground. I understood what his troubles were, what his demons were, and still he had grown to be the most sensible and considerate of men, that I had ever met.

I looked into his eyes. The scarlet of them would never scare me. I was an orphan, yes, but so was he!  We were better without parents, better without mothers, who abandoned us, who treated us so inhumanely!

And as if he needed it, more than I did, I felt him putting his strong arms around me and pulling me bone-crushingly close. In a heartbeat, I put mine around his waist. He pressed his healed-cheek on top of my head, nuzzling me into him. He was warm, warmer than any touch I remembered. Not my mother's, not my father's, but my brother's hug, now felt like family.

"I am sorry for yesterday, Eleni. I am truly sorry... It won't happen again, I promise." Ralph whispered, with a shake in his voice, stroking my black hair, and I shook my head into his shoulder, my tears wetting his red doublet. "Don't let her words bother you. You are my little sister, no matter what the world says."

My little sister's face swarmed in my head, while I felt safe with my brother, and I knew, the time for me to sit and wait for the devil to take a step, was gone. I was getting my Amelia back. Safe and sound.

I held Ralph tighter. Nobody hurts my siblings!

***

I had watched Queen Orella hug 'Ralphy', while they walked back inside the palace side by side. They seemed close – maybe I should ask her – how bad his mother really was. I had enquired in the forest, what had happened after I had saved him in the ring, but Ralph had called me annoying and shut the topic down. 

Both my father and brother had suffered because of her, I'd kill her before I killed Neo.

Lord Orlon spoke, seated on the High Chair, which Ralph had refused to occupy. His voice was somber. "One of you four is going to be chosen as the Conqueror. Once the Throne's Branding is done, one of you will be the Wielder of all the Four powers, and you'll stand a better chance at defeating Neo." His gaze traveled from all the four Defensors sitting around the table. "Make sure you do not forget to work on the Enigma. And then carry on with your strategies. Or it would be all in vain."

I was in the same room as the Final Four Defensors!

"Well, I for one, have no clue about the Enigma," Queen Orella slumped down in her chair. They needed something new and something that was once lost, I recalled the Enigma's cryptic yet straightforward words. "Did you figure out what that Enigma entails?" she asked, looking at Prince Nova hopefully.

"Um, yes. Didn't you?" He cocked his head at her.

"No." All the other three Defensors said unanimously.

He chuckled deeply, "Do you want me to tell you, gentlefolk?" He shared a sly smile with Doran.

Ralph skreiched besides me. "Doran, if you know then help me."

"No, not you, Your Majesty. But maybe I can help islander." He shrugged.

"You traitor. I swear, I'll banish you." Ralph pointed a finger at him, and Doran threw him a boyish smile.

"Me?" Una turned to her left and raised both her brows at Doran. At that, he simply put his hands inside his thin white tunic's pocket and fished out... a wand!

"That's the Head Alchemist's wand." I gasped.

"Yes. I... I tried to return it to her yesterday," Doran leaned back on his chair, his eyes softening, "But she said that this needs to be kept away from her. It's lost forever."

Una froze. Slowly, she reached out and took the broken wand from his fingers, and examined it. "Something once lost!" She whispered. Distant memories of the day when I had found it lying discarded on the grounds of the mini-amphitheatre, flashed in my head, as Doran narrated what had transpired between him and the Alchemist.

Una elbowed him  – as 'thank you' – earning his intense eye-roll.

And suddenly, the cogs in my head moved like having just been oiled. "Ralph!" – I shrieked and pulled out my golden sundial from my gown's pocket – "For you."

"Something once lost!" He whispered, and hesitated before touching the sundial. "No, Eleni. I can't take this."

"Why not? It's perfect. The lost heirloom of Aries House." I smiled, my heart clenching.

"No. No." He pushed my hand back. "I'll find something else. The sundial is important to you, to me, I just can't."

"It has served its purpose, Ralph, when we met." I shrugged, nonchalant, but it seemed like parting away from a body part. "I want you to win this Conquest, you know. Not that I'm pressurizing you but it'd be great. For all my selfish reasons, of course."

He gave out a deep embarrassed laugh, and I put the sundial firmly in his still hesitating hand. It was going to be sacrificed, my fingers fisted after I let it go, for the last time.

Find something once lost.

"Wait." Serena said, "You have identical ones, make sure you don't replace it with the wrong one."

"Good thinking." Ralph whispered, still a bit dazed. Something in me shifted again. My magic itched inside my skin, trying to tell me something and I let it take control. I swirled my fingers under the sundial and my magic meandered out.

A plant – a climber precisely, shot out from under Ralph's chair. The rug over the floor tore with a scraping noise, as it impaled its way out, and I heard Lord Orlon muttering – "Eh, here we go again."

It spiraled around the chair's legs and moved up to Ralph's arm. I felt him stiffening with the Earth magic. But he turned his red eyes to me, and a soft dimpled-smile graced his face. The bright meadowy green ivy curled around my sundial, and to my utter surprise, red buds sprouted out of it.

"I was going for some inscription with ink, but this works, too, I suppose." Serena said, her shrug audible.

Una gasped, "Orbs of Dusk." And I smiled wide – they were the plants in Una's palace, that lightened up brighter during the night time. Rare and beautiful, almost like a floral fire.

"And that is your something new as well! Her magic is rare." Prince Nova said, his eyes twinkling with delight, reflecting the golden light of the buds, chin rested under a palm, as if watching a thrilling meteor shower.

"Where do I get a sister like her?" Queen Orella whined.

"Spring Realm. Might find one there." Ralph said, his face beaming. Moving a finger around the sundial, I tightened the ivy around it. I had helped Ralph with the Conquest - I was about to explode. 

Prince Nova cleared his throat. "Eleni, your Queen might like one too, I reckon. A bit cranky, this one."

And I understood what he meant. The sacrificial objects had to be something that were personal for the Defensors. Something that they never had wielded, never dreamt of wielding.

I looked at Una and saw her brows knitted. She licked her lips, face constricted. And I made the decision for her. Flattening my palms straight, I closed my eyes. A tickle of warmth spread around me, and the red glow of my fire curtained my eyelids. I knew not how to work the fire, but my fire somehow knew how to work itself.

"Try with smoke." I heard Doran's silvery voice. And I nodded with my eyes still closed, uncertain.

I had never worked the Smoke magic let alone my fire, but nevertheless I envisioned grey wisps in my mind, and my veins tingled. It felt like I was floating, however when I opened my eyes – I realized the flame of my fire was floating, detached from my palm. And I sucked in a breath, as a dome of transparent grey smoke twirled around it. My fingers, still outstretched as if in the middle of a dance, guided the smoke to form an oval-shaped hard-covering around the flame. And it did. The smoke with a flame encased within, hovered over the table and floated over to Una, on its own accord. In awe, I watched her raise a steady palm and the orb settled itself onto it. Una's lips were nothing but a thin line of skepticism.

"It takes years to learn this," Lord Orlon's astonished whisper fell on my ears and I smiled.

This was hard for her – Holding fire magic, that wasn't just a bonfire, which had come out of a Fire Elemental. Her gaze met mine and a drop of sweat trickled down my forehead. But she made me grin, when she opened her mouth, to take a dig at Ralph - "I think I got the better one, fireboy!"

Her black eyes were radiating with the fire's haze, and she gave me a grateful nod. It was the least I could do for her, after all that she had done for me. 

Wield something new!

Queen Orella cleared her throat, looking at me with pleading blue eyes, and Lord Orlon let out a laugh. "Eleni can't produce it for everyone, Orella. It's different for Una and Ralph to wield something that they never have before. It has to be personal somehow. So, unfortunately, you are on your own."

"Ugh." She simply wheezed out, rolling her eyes. "So, what's the next plan?"

Doran sat up straight, drumming his hands on the table, as if anticipating this particular conversation since long, "As far as I've gathered, Neo does not really have many Eclipses un-tranced. But the whole of the Gemini House's army is under his command. Whether he fools them as Nova or himself, is yet to be seen." His cautious gaze flicked to Prince Nova and the latter simply nodded.

"His war-camps consists of slaves, who'd do anything for him – lay down dead if he asks them nicely. But we don't have that power. Our soldiers are not mere pawns of sacrifices. He is hiding yet again. Bidding his time for tomorrow. If we don't find where he is, then all we can do is prepare and wait for him to show his hands. Besides..."

"I am done waiting," I suddenly found myself speak.

Doran stopped. He looked at me with understanding eyes, "I know, but you stepping out of the wards is just what he wants, Eleni. That is the only reason he didn't give us anymore clue, or even the slightest inkling of where he has set up his next dungeon. He wants you to lose your mind and do something rash and you almost..." He gulped and his eyes flickered to Ralph. I had breached the wards.

"But I can't just sit, can I?" I looked at him through my eyelashes, my fists clenched.

"No one is just sitting here, Eleni. You are learning to use your magic, aren't you? We're relying on you to shoot that hellfire, anytime needed without hurting someone. There's a lot at stake. Neo has disappeared yet again, and with him, your sister." Doran raked a hand through his hair, his gaze lowered.

"Wait, what sister? Eleni?" Ralph turned to me; his voice panicked.

I shut my eyes with dread. The sense of the world slid out from beneath my feet. But this wasn't my mess. This was Neo's mess.  Eyes lowered, I said, "He has my sister."

The royals stiffened in their seats, and I could feel all the four elements whirling loose around us all. I took a brief glance at Prince Nova, and his eyes were distant. I wished he wouldn't blame himself.

"He has Amelia? But how could he... " Serena let out a cry, hand on chest. She knew Amelia, all my Corresponders team knew Amelia, for she dropped by at the Post whenever I worked longer shifts, and kept everyone busy with her chatters. I told them about the portal, I told them about her sundial, about the white ribbon, about Neo's deal, holding back my tears. It wasn't that hard to finally share the pain, for they all had suffered through Neo's hands too.

"He truly knows no boundaries." Ralph whispered and put an empathetic arm around my shoulder.

"Your sister, is she any good?" Una asked. "Magic, weapons, anything?"

Tears flew this time. "No. She is good at not shutting up. S-She might've p-provoked his anger s-so much..." I shut my eyes. If he hurt even a single hair on her head – my veins tingled with the fury I was suppressing.

Serena took my limp hands in hers and held them firmly. "Amelia can handle him, Eleni. You know how she is. I am sure she must've demanded for cheesecakes, with all the life in her, until Neo himself would've to get down and bake one." Her voice was shuddering, tears in her eyes.

Scared and helpless, I let my tears loose like a kid, on Ralph's shoulder, squeezing Serena's hands. "So, this is why you had those Eclipses working in the guardhouse, Doran?" Ralph's voice tore through the room. "Any lead?"

"None." Doran said. "There was something up north but now even that is... gone."

Prince Nova suddenly uttered. "You know he has the portal. He keeps changing his location. But rest assured, he will make an entrance at the Conquest." He looked at me, "With your sister. He... wants something in return."

You, he wants you, Prince Nova! Or me. But the way his eyes shone, I realized he already knew that. He knew his twin better than anyone else.

"If no one can then, I'll go find her myself. I cannot wait till tomorrow." I found my voice rising, sitting straight, tears burning hot on my cheeks.

"You... will do no such thing." Doran said slowly, voice chained with finality. His dark eyes glassy and... grim. I held his gaze. This heat was different.

Serena squeezed my hand, and her touch seemed to suggest that I was at the wrong – that I should shut up. The whole table had turned silent. My nails dug deeper into my palms, on the verge of drawing blood. Doran averted his eyes.

You will do no such thing.

***

Dylan had spread the protective ward a little farther. And I was finally allowed to go to the guardhouse adjoining the Sagittarian palace. I walked back from my room, after a quick change of clothes. Una had asked me to change into trousers instead of a gown. Consequently, I donned a white tunic and grey breeches in my room. After coiling a soft smelling herbal ivy around my waist to keep the odor of my cycle away, I descended to the Sagittarian Palace's backyard.

"Eleni, darling, could you spare me a moment?"

I stopped mid-step and looked at the stunning Queen of the Winter Realm, staring up at me from the floor, while I stood frozen on the top-most stair. I climbed down in a rush. Her smell was like honeysuckle mingled with oranges. Her voice dulcet and welcoming.

And she had kissed Doran. Twice. In all her majestic glory.

"Are ya sure?" she whispered, "That there is nothing for me as well?"

An embarrassed laugh escaped from my throat. "I don't know. I would've loved to help you out," – I swallowed the urge to call her Your Majesty – "Do you have something in mind?"

She chewed the inside of her cheeks, eyes darting from left to right. "We could forge something new with your Fire and my Ice. What say?"

"Fire and Ice!" I smiled, a rush of excitement surging in me.

The Snow Queen chuckled. "You're allowed to go to the backyard, now, I suppose. Shall we then?" She linked her arm through mine, making me conscious and relieved that I had cleaned up. Her milky skin, tingled around my dried one.

Emerging out in the night air again, with lush green pine trees all around, I inhaled deeply. A few royal guards had tried to come closer, ready in their protective stance, on lieu of orders from their King – to oversee me to the adjoining guardhouse, but Queen Orella assured them that she got me. The snow seemed to make way for her under our boots.

She spoke in a soft voice, "I am so grateful for what ya did for Ralphy. I never had the guts to tell his mother off like that. He stands up for his friends, but not for himself. You're just like him."

I wanted to ask further but... "Ow!" – I pulled my feet back, that had been burnt and frozen, simultaneously. Dylan's Eclipse magic.

"Ya got zapped?" Queen Orella asked, and put a hand out. "Doesn't zap me, though." She shrugged.

I shut my annoyed eyes tight – Doran! Of course, he did this, so I won't step too far like I had earlier. You will do no such thing.

There was a cold silence around us, while it seemed like my companion was calculating something. "Very well then." Queen Orella's voice suddenly recoiled, a frown appearing between her eyebrows.

All mischief dropped dead; Queen Orella's faced morphed into the face that she sported only in the duels of the Conquest – stern and unyielding. I watched her close her eyes, and move her right hand in practiced circular motions. My breath caught as I felt a freeing sensation around me.

The wards were opening.

I stood my ground. She knew how to break down the wards, she was a trusted member to whom Doran had given access, whom Ralph had invited in, who had made Prince Nova cheer up the most. She was allowed to go in and out of the palace. This was her Realm, Winter Realm. Her features were cold now, white hair flowing with the sudden chilly magic that she had performed. I wanted to ask, what she was doing, but my instincts told me – it was quite obvious. 

"Neo is waiting for you," she simply said, not looking at me.

My blood rushed from my head to the little toes of my feet. An ominous warning ringing in my ears. It didn't affect me, her sudden words. Not the first time I got betrayed. Not the first time I trusted the wrong person.

The duel between her and Prince Nova, wherein he had embraced her even after his defeat – was never Prince Nova - it was Neo!

Her eyes were shining in the evening's glare – was it pity or threat – I had no sense left to decipher. With a heart beating wild, I really looked at her – at the Queen who had just given me a way out to meet Amelia – at a girl who was just another pawn in Neo's deadly game.

The wards were open, and her blue eyes hesitated meeting mine.

Was she giving me a choice?

I looked at the guardhouse and the palace's back entrance. So close, yet so far. I could fight her, defeat her and run back to safety, but even she knew – that I would do no such thing. Amelia was my choice.

"Let's go," I said.

***

Author's note: Yeah, yeah, tons of questions, I know, I know. Hang on. Elsa turned out Hans...

Also, for those who kinda felt sad that Nova might not be into girls... let me tell you, even though his sexual preference DOES NOT define his character and personality... ✨He is Pansexual. ✨

The past few chapters were a little light-hearted because, well, you know our drill - no one's laughing from here on - maybe only Neo. LOL. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 444 67
"Upstairs!" I hear a yell and pounding footsteps. I crawl out of the window until I'm hanging from my hands. I take a breath. I let go. ~ Living in a...
235K 15.6K 71
To wizards and mind readers, shapeshifters are disposable. The only way to prove that a shapeshifter is worth more than the dirt on their shoes is to...
278K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...
82K 3.4K 33
Kayla Brogan was a normal girl. Or at least she thought she was. She has the power. The unimaginable power. No one believed her. Not even her best fr...