š—–š—µš—®š˜€š—² | āœ“

By Dorothea28

"šˆ š¤š§šØš° š”šžšššÆšžš§'š¬ šš š­š”š¢š§š , šˆ š šØ š­š”šžš«šž š°š”šžš§ š²šØš® š­šØš®šœš” š¦šž" .. Celeste Re... More

Aesthetics āœØ
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Epilogue
Bonus!
šŸ“£

Chapter-25

74.5K 2.4K 698
By Dorothea28

ɪ'ᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ꜱᴏ ɪɴᴛᴏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ
ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ɪ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ
........

I stood infront of my apartment building and saw smoke coming out of the windows from my apartment, Luke is standing beside me, clearly pissed off with his girlfriend.

Chase was dropping me at my place like he was doing for the last 4 days but we got a shock after reaching there. Apparantly, Malea was cooking for Luke and she sent him to buy something from the store. Let me tell you, she knows shit about cooking.

The dish in the oven caught fire and slowly that fire only increased since that dumbass decided to pour water in it. Scared, she ran out letting everything burn and not caring about calling the firefighters.

"I'm sorry." Malea said for the 100th time since I arrived.

"You could've told me you can't cook! I wasn't going to break up with you or force you to cook." Luke snaps.

"Don't talk to me like that, it's not my fault your stupid oven caught fire!" She yelled loudly.

"It wasn't stupid bitch." I whispered to myself. We bought it from our first salary. "How much is the damage?" I ask the firefighter dude.

"You can't stay here for some days, the living room caught fire too and it'll take a couple of weeks for the smoke to completely go away. It's not safe to stay there." He replied.

"Can I collect my things?" I ask with hopeful eyes.

"I'll advise you to refrain from entering the house right now, wait for a day or two." He says before walking away.

I want to kill Malea so badly right now. I turn to Chase who was standing just beside me.

"I'm going to kill her, I swear. Her presence is irritating me now." I tell him, burying my face in his chest.

"C'mon, you're not needed here. Let's go." He says.

"What no? I have to talk to the insurance company and I don't have anything to wear and I-"

Luke cuts me off, "I'll take care of it. Will you be fine staying with him?" He asks. "You can stay at my parents' place." He offers.

"I'll stay with Melissa or Logan, don't worry about it." I tell him. He nods before going back to calling someone on his phone. Malea is nowhere to be seen, I guess she left.

"You're not going anywhere else." I look up at a frowning Chase.

"I am, I can't stay with you for so long. You'll kick me out once you see how I live." I explained.

"Shut up." He says.

"You shut up." I point my finger at him which he just kisses softly before pushing me towards his car.

"Wait but-"

"Less talking, more walking." He says.

"Hey, that rhymed!" I exclaimed.

"Celeste?"

"What?" I ask, looking back at him.

"Less talking." He says again, so I mocked him to which he just shook his head.

He opens the door for me and gently pushed me inside. I look back at my smokey apartment and Luke. I wave at him, he waved back before focusing on the caller again.

"I have nothing to wear." I say once we step inside Chase's house.

"We'll go to buy something tomorrow." He says as he stretches his arms.

"I just bought clothes a couple of weeks back." I tell him, thinking about my precious pajamas. I haven't even worn them yet.

"We'll buy more. Now c'mon, you can go freshen up. I'll get you something to change into." He tells me.

"Okay." I replied, walking into the bathroom. I quickly washed my face, got rid of the makeup and rinsed my mouth till he came back.

Why did I decide to wear a dress today? I'm an idiot, that's why.

I heard a knock on the door, I opened it and saw Chase there with clothes. "Do you prefer shorts or pajamas?" He asked, showing me the choices.

"Shorts." I picked, it's hot today and I'll probably have to roll the pajamas, his damn long legs. He handed me the clothes. "Thankyou." I tell him as he walked away.

Quickly changing my clothes and trying not to sniff them, I walked out to see him already changed and sitting on the couch infront of his bed.

"You can go." I tell him, pointing to the bathroom.

"I used the other one." He tells me.

"Oh okay." I walked to the dresser and picked up a comb. I don't want to untangle the mess they are in. I tied them so messily in the morning since I was late.

I remove the scrunchie, letting the mess fall. I moved my fingers through my hair, trying to lessen the knots.

"Do you need help?" Chase asks.

"Yes please." I went and sat between his legs on the ground and handed him the comb. "Sometimes I want to cut all of them off and solve all my problems." I sigh.

"They're beautiful." He tells me, while he gently tries to comb my hair as if they'll all fall if he tugged too harshly.

10 minutes later, my hair was knot-free. We sat in silence since all his focus was on my hair. He gave me a head-massage afterward. I almost proposed to him to marry me at that point but then I realised that I didn't even ask him to be my boyfriend yet.

I held his hands, stopped him and kissed the back of both of his hands. "Thankyou so much." I tell him.

"Stop thanking me for every single thing." He says.

I stood up, turning to him. "Are you hungry or you'll eat later?" I ask.

"Later." He replies.

"Good." I say before throwing myself on the bed. God, it feels so good to lie down after working all day. I felt the bed dip beside me. He too lied down, but at a distance so I rolled and laid my head on his chest. I swear I felt him stop breathing for a second but then his hand found its way to my hair.

"Can we reschedule our date? I don't wanna go out after all that happened today." I ask.

"Don't worry about it." He says, I feel his chest rumble as he speaks. I shift upwards, now lying on my back like him.

I pick up his free hand he kept on his stomach and raise it up in the air. It looks so empty. "It looks empty." I voice my thoughts and removed the ring I was wearing on my thumb and try it on his every finger. It fits in the little one. "It's yours now." I tell him.

It's a simple black ring and has nothing girly about it.

He looks at his hand then he keeps it back on his stomach. I rest my hands on his chest and keep my chin above them, looking at him.

"I love your eyes." I tell him, which makes him shy all of a sudden. "I want to be the little spoon." I tell him before turning. He also turns and hugs me from behind. "Good." I comment.

"Chase?" I ask after a silence for a few minutes.

"Yes?" He asks. I turn to face him.

"I thought to do this nicely, but would you like to be my boyfriend?" I ask him. Why the fuck can't I be a little patient. I had a full proposal planned in my mind. I was going to bake cupcakes and write the question on them. Now that Malea has baked my apartment, I'm letting it go. I could've made them here too, but again, Patience and I don't get along.

"What the hell am I then?" He asks, confusion lacing his voice.

"I don't know, Luke said I had to ask you." I tell him. I should've read books instead of sneaking out with Luke all the time.

"I thought we were married now?" He says, lifting up the finger I slipped my ring into.

"We are?" I ask.

"Umhmm."

"Okay then, I'm sleepy husband." I tell him, suppressing a yawn.

"Sleep, wife." He says, kissing my forehead. There comes back that weird feeling in my stomach. I kiss his forehead too. I love doing that. He closes his eyes.

This man is the most precious person in the world. He's an asshole sometimes, but I'm not going to hold it against him. Okay maybe sometimes I will.

I kiss his jaw before closing my eyes too.

I have a boyfriend now. I mentally pat my back for finally having a boyfriend.

........

Chase divorced me right after I woke up. He won't tell me why but I don't know why he was sleeping on the floor though. He's still my boyfriend, that's a good thing I guess.

"No one will know." I tell him.

"No, it's not safe." He says.

"We'll just go and come back." I plead.

"Celeste."

"Chase."

"No. We're not going anywhere, and neither are you." He says with finality in his voice.

"You don't even have to go inside. Please?" I try to give him my best puppy eyes.

"You're looking like an idiot, stop making that face. We'll buy you clothes tomorrow and if it's so urgent then let's go now. I'm not going to let you enter that place that was burning not even half a day ago and that's it." He says, turning the gas off. "Now sit down and eat."

"I'm not hungry." I say, not in the mood to eat anymore.

"Yes you are, you didn't even have lunch." He says, looking at me blankly.

"I'll eat on one condition." I say.

"Fine. If it's too much you won't go in. Now eat." He finally says with a sigh.

"Thankyou so much." I quickly kiss his cheek and sit at the dining table, waiting for him to serve.

I suggested that we can get my clothes from the apartment since my room was fine according to the firefighter dude but he didn't agree, saying it's not safe and blah, blah. I mean, I'll wear a mask so it won't be that bad and secondly, he might have uncountable money in his bank account, I don't. I need everything, from undies to shoes and I'm not gonna buy everything again when they aren't even damaged. Idiot man.

After finishing my food, I went to get dressed just to realize I don't have clothes to get dressed. Me and my sad life. I just wear the heels I was wearing earlier, looking like an idiot with an oversized tshirt and shorts to be honest.

"I'm ready." I tell him as he was tying his shoelaces. He rolls his eyes, muttering something under his breath.

"One day, your eyes are gonna get stuck there." I say before walking out.

We bought face masks first before we went to my apartment. He still asked me four times if I changed my mind, he can drive us to the mall. I denied ofcourse.

"Okay, you stay here and count till a hundred, I'll be back before ninety-nine." I tell him, patting his head.

"You're not going alone." He says.

"Yes I am. Now shut up and stand here." I say and turn to unlock the door to find it already open. I push the door at the same time it's pulled open.

"Luke?"

"Cel?" We both ask at the same time.

"What are you doing here?" We say that simultaneously.

"I came to get my pillow, couldn't sleep." He says, scratching the back of his head. "It's too smelly in there." He continues.

"Oh, I came to get some clothes." I tell him.

"Don't stay in there for long, Hi Chase." He says, looking at Chase standing behind me.

They start talking to each other, I take that as an opportunity to go inside and take my belongings.

The mask isn't helping. I quickly run towards my room and enter the closet. I don't need to turn to see he didn't follow my order but me.

Quickly shoving some clothes and undergarments in a suitcase, I pick up some footwear too.

"Go pick up my makeup bag." I tell him.

"Why do you need that?" He asks.

"Are you going?" I ask.

"Fine." He walks out. I look around to see if I can get anything else. Seeing nothing, I zip the suitcase and put it down. Fuck, it's heavy. Wheeling it out, I see Chase looking for the makeup bag. It's right in front of his eyes.

"The blue bag Chase." I tell him. He picks it up before taking the suitcase from me and walking out. I quickly pick up some scrunchies and claw-clips before following him out. That theif keeps on stealing and hiding them.

"See, that wasn't even that dangerous." I tell him, locking the door again.

"Get lost." He replies, dragging the suitcase to the elevator.

••••

"We can now go on the date y'know? I have nice clothes now." I say. He just hums sleepily. "I'll stop massaging your head, talk to me." I pull his hair lightly as he lays on my lap.

"I'm listening, keep talkin'." He says.

"You slept before too, how can you sleep so much?" I ask.

"You slept. I didn't. You pushed me off the bed in the middle." He says. So that's why we're divorced now. He kept the ring though.

"So? You could've taken the couch. It's big enough." I defend myself.

"Shh."

"Pancakes or waffles?" I ask.

"Waffles."

"Wine or beer?"

"None." He says. Hah, I know he gets drunk easily. It's actually cute though. He's cute. I want to pull his cheeks.

I pulled his cheeks. "Ow, don't do that." He says, swatting my hands away.

"Okay, what about..burger or pizza?" I ask after a pause. He doesn't reply so I look down at him, only to find him sleeping. Do I pull his hair to wake him up or not? Will it be cruel? I guess I shouldn't.

Replacing my lap with the pillow, I lie down too. I'm thinking about the date I promised him, should I take him on a fancy dinner or ice skating? We can watch a movie too or rock climbing.

I think I'm gonna cancel that date, I'm too lazy to actually go on one.

•••••••

A week passed so fast since the fire and I'm still mad at Malea. Her unapologetic behavior was making me more mad. It was still Luke's fault that the oven caught fire, according to her.

Apart from that, we did go on a date. It was just a fancy dinner since we both slept the whole day.

Chase went on a business trip this weekend and I'm currently at Melissa's house since I refused to stay in that big ass penthouse alone. I don't accompany him on business trips that much and I wasn't needed anyway. That bitch Ms. Kimberly refuses to have the meeting in the presence of the assistant, I still get to proofread the contract so I don't think that makes any difference anyway.

I feel water hitting my face. I turn to look at Mel.

"What?"

"I'm talking, you're not listening." She says.

"You don't have to hit me with a water gun for that!" I say, trying to snatch it from her.

"So, IkissedLogan." She says in a single breath.

"Say that again, I think I heard something very wrong." I say. Did she say what I think she said?

"I kissed Logan." She repeats, slowly this time.

"Are you shitting me?" I ask, turning fully towards her.

"Yes, I mean no. It just happened. We didn't mean to, if you think it's not okay we'll stop it right away." She says, getting worried.

"Why would I think it's not okay? It's totally your choice, but what about Layla?" I ask.

"She just wanted to get to Chase, since Logan is friends with you, she thought it'll be easier." She explains.

"Wow and here I was starting to like her." I whistle slowly. "But you and logan was unexpected, weren't you guys spitting out the drinks just because they got interchanged last month?" I ask.

"That was last month and I didn't know I will kiss him one day." She yells in her defence.

"Okay okay." Wow, Logan and Melissa. Who would've thought? Why all of a sudden all my friends are dating each other?

"So you aren't mad?" She asks, already pulling up a pillow to hide herself.

"No, I mean you could've just told me earlier." I say. "When did this happen?" I ask.

"Last week." She says.

"And you hid it from me for a week? A ducking week?" I ask.

"I'm sorry, I was scared that you'll get mad." She says.

"Is that why he denied the sleepover?" I ask.

"Yeah, partly. He was visiting his parents tomorrow though." She tells me.

"Wow." I say again, this time out loud. It'll take some time for me to digest this fact. "You guys can't break up, it'll break the group." I say. I don't want to lose my friends, I barely have any.

"We won't, We made a deal. It won't affect our friendship." She says quickly.

"Then it's fine I guess." I shrug.

"Cool, so I bought this new face mask, wanna try?" She asks, standing up.

"Sure." I follow her into the bathroom.

••••
I recently got so many new readers, Hi :>
I hope y'all are liking this and thankyou to one or two people who commented and helped me correct some mistakes here and there, I appreciate you alot.
Xx.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 56.7K 37
Working at one of New York's largest companies as personal assistant to Mr Steele, owner and CEO of Steele industries is great. I enjoy my job and ge...
269K 10K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
174K 10.2K 17
Melinda Davis, a soon to be divorcee, Who swears never to give love a chance again, broke that rule when she falls madly in love with her driver. 54...
384K 10.6K 38
When Aria Jennings loses her previous job because she repeatedly came in late, she has to find a new job as soon as possible because she has to take...