VERENDUS

By MYZTICALLY

Sin's. A powerful family in South Korea that is both feared and reverenced by everyone. They have the ability... More

disclaimer
characters
P R O L O G U E
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31
C H A P T E R 33
C H A P T E R 34
C H A P T E R 35
C H A P T E R 36
C H A P T E R 37
C H A P T E R 38
C H A P T E R 39
C H A P T E R 40

C H A P T E R 32

4.1K 280 179
By MYZTICALLY

° ° °

It wasn't that long until Jungkook's parents came.

Finally, their mothers reunited at last.

Sandara ran to hug her old friend the minute she saw her. "I was starting to think that you weren't planning on coming back. You really scared me, Chaerin Sin."

Chaerin laughs before hugging her back. "It's been a while, Dara Jeon."

They grinned as they release each other. One thing's for sure. Nothing changed between their friendship despite not seeing each other for a long time.

Dara's husband also smiled at Chaerin. "It's good to see you again, Chaerin."

"Likewise, Jiyong." she replied back.

"We heard about what happened to your husband and son," he told her. "how are they?"

"Oh, yeah. Are they both okay?" Dara also can't help but ask worriedly.

Chaerin nods. "Yeah, Taehyung took a time off from work. Jisoo wants his gunshot wounds to be completely healed before he can come back to work. As for Duho—"

"I'm still breathing, unfortunately for everyone."

Duho arrived in a wheelchair, pushed by Lisa. She welcomed Jungkook's parents with a bow.

"Thank you for coming, Mr. and Mrs. Jeon."

"Oh, sweetheart. No need to use such honorifics. We'll be a family soon. You can even start calling us 'Mom' and 'Dad' if you'd like." Dara urged her.

Duho mustered up a flat face. "Like I'd permit that."

"No one was asking for your opinion." Dara abruptly silenced him before approaching Lisa. "I am so happy to finally meet you, dear. I couldn't even sleep last night because I was too excited to come here."

"That's true." Jiyong testified.

"I'm just as thrilled as you are, auntie Dara." Lisa replied, chuckling. "I've always wondered what it would be like to meet Jeon's parents."

"Speaking about my son, can you tell me more about your relationship? I'm thirsting for some tea here."

"There's a lot of tea in the kitchen, mom."

They all turned to look at Jungkook who just finished changing. He gave his mother a peck on the cheek, while he and his father patted each other's backs as a greeting. After that, he addressed Lisa's parents.

He bowed. "Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Sin."

Chaerin's lips are engraved with a warm grin as she looks at Jungkook. "We haven't formally met yet, right?"

Jungkook nod his head. "Yes, Mrs. Sin. I'm afraid we haven't."

Lisa narrowed her eyes at her mother. Mouthing the words 'don't mention Melbourne'.

Chaerin understood and returned her gaze to Jungkook. "Well, we're no strangers to each other. So, no need to be so formal. After all, you already proposed to my daughter without any of us knowing."

Duho rolled his eyes. "Don't I have a say on this?"

"Nope, don't even think about it." Chaerin stated.

Everyone laughed except for Duho.

"About that, I'm very curious how my son proposed to Lisa." Dara mentioned. "Is it possible to tell us everything? With the details and all that?"

Kook sighed. "Mom, we'll tell you everything you want to know after Lisa's brothers are here. Be patient."

Dara pursed her lips. "Fine,"

Chuckling, Chaerin went to her friend's side and guided her inside the penthouse. "Why don't we go inside and catch up with each other while we wait for the others? I have a lot to tell you."

That made Dara's eyes lit up. "Oh, I'd love that."

Meanwhile, Jiyong took the initiative to take Duho inside. Leaving the two on their own.

Lisa crossed her arms before facing Jungkook. Raising one eyebrow at him.

"You seem rather calm for a man who just met his fiancée's parents."

He approached her slowly. "That's because I already met your father before," he then comes to a halt in front of her. "and because I know how nice your mother is."

Her shoulders dropped from disappointment. "That's lame. It would've been entertaining to see you cower in front of my dad."

He smirked. "But instead I handled it pretty well, right?"

"That is just annoying." she snorted.

That made him laugh. "Sin, you have me as your fiancé. Nobody frightens me."

She gave him a penetrating stare. "Nobody?"

Jeon held her left hand and brought it to his lips. Kissing her ring. "Anyone but you, my Sin."

That put a smile on her lips. "You flatter me, Jeon."

"How about you? You also didn't seem that nervous in front of my parents." he told her.

"Why would I be nervous? Your parents are very sweet." she then added. "Plus, they look at me as if I'm their own daughter."

He pats her head. "You will be once you finally have my surname. And I was right, wasn't I? They like you."

"They love me." she corrected, more like bragged.

He smiled, staring at her eyes. "Who wouldn't?"

Upon realization, they both paused.

They exchanged glances and waited for the other to speak.

Jungkook opened his mouth. "I—"

"Well, look at that. The two stars of the night are already waiting to welcome us."

Flustered, Lisa and Jungkook both looked away from each other.

They turned to face the entrance. It was her brothers. And Jennie was there as well.

Clearing her throat, Lisa approached Jennie. "Eonnie," she greeted before kissing her cheek.

"I love your new hair." Jennie complemented her while stroking her hair. "You look like a Barbie doll."

"Speak for yourself, you're like a freaking goddess." Lisa spat back while scanning her from head to toe.

The two ladies seemed to be in their own world. They didn't even bother looking at the five gentlemen who remained standing beside them.

"Since when did they become so close?" Namjoon asked, almost disgusted.

"Yeah, I never expected that Lisa would accept your fiancée that easily." Hobi told Taehyung.

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "You talk about our sister as if she's some soft of an evil incarnate."

"They're not wrong though." Tae said, his gaze focused on his sister and fiancée. "They weren't always this close. Lisa hated Jennie the moment she saw her."

"She's just scared."

Lisa's brothers turned their heads to Jungkook's direction in sync.

Jungkook smiled before bowing to his future brother-in-laws. "It's nice to see you again, hyungs."

Being the eldest, Yoongi patted the younger's back as a greeting. "It's also nice to see you, Jungkook-ah."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow at him. "What do you mean by 'she's just scared'?"

Jungkook's gaze shifted to Lisa, who was still conversing with Jennie. Her words from the past resurfaced in his mind.

"But am I selfish now for not wanting to share my brothers?"

"I'm aware that my brothers would have their own family someday, but I just want to make sure that they would end up with the right person, you know?"

He lightly shakes his head with a small smile.

If only you guys knew how worried she was.

"Your sister is not like any other woman. She's different. She may appear to be very commanding and endearing, but this is simply her way of protecting you."

His in-laws remained deafeningly silent as he said this. And that's when Lisa finally noticed their presence.

"Hello, my dear brothers." she greeted them with a broad smile before giving them each a peck on the cheek. "I'm glad you all arrived safely."

"Nothing could've stopped us from coming here, 'lil sis. We have to be here no matter what." Namjoon states, throwing Jungkook a glare afterwards.

Lisa positioned herself in front of Jungkook, blocking him from her brothers' prying eyes. With an intimidating look, she crossed her arms. "We've talked about this. Be nice."

Jungkook chuckled. She's adorable.

"Don't mind him." said Yoongi, pertaining to Namjoon. "He's an idiot. Let's go inside so we can properly start this thing."

Everyone agreed with her older brother.

And so dinner began.

Jungkook and Lisa were seated at opposite ends of the table. While their relatives and friends sat on their sides.

"I'm surprised to see Kim Mingyu here." Yoongi commented the moment he sat down.

Mingyu smiled shyly and bowed his head. "Hyung,"

"Mingyu's a friend of Jeon." Lisa clarified. "Which reminds me, oppa. Why didn't you said a thing when we went to your office together?"

Yoongi's brows furrowed. "Oh, yeah. I guess I didn't notice. You two just seemed naturally acquainted with each other."

"How come I'm only hearing this now?" Jungkook butts in with an eyebrow raised.

Lisa gave him a sinister smile before mouthing 'later.' Following that, she sipped her champagne.

Dara clasps her hands together to catch everyone's attention.

"Okay, so now that we're all here..." she drawled. "Can you please tell us everything now? I'm practically begging."

"Yes, auntie Dara." Lisa smiled. "You can ask us anything you want to know. Although, I'm not sure if you'll be satisfied with our answers."

"Nonsense," Dara shrugged off. "tell us where you two meet."

"Or how did you two meet?" Hobi added.

"We met in Melbourne. I guess I'd say 2, or 3 months ago?" Lisa answered, not quite sure.

"I was in a business trip at the time. And it just so happens that we were in the exact place at the same time." Jungkook continued for her.

"Wait." Namjoon interjects. "If the two of you met in Melbourne, then does that mean mom knew that you were seeing him all this time?"

Chaerin instantly shook her head.

"Absolutely, not." Lisa strongly denies. "He and mom never even spoke to each other. But, yes. Mom knew that he was there. But she didn't know that I was still seeing him until now."

"You said 'seeing', Lalisa." her father observed. "Care to enlighten us?"

"I don't mean anything malicious, dad." she countered, rolling her eyes. "Namjoon oppa was the one who said it first."

Duho sips his champagne. "Okay, continue."

"Anyway, after Jeon and I saw each other's faces that night, he took me to his place just so he could interrogate me." Lisa proceeded.

"She even thought that I came there to take her. Saying that her brothers might've sent me there to drag her back to Seoul." Jungkook stated before eating a spoonful of pasta.

"If only we knew where you were, Lis. We would've went there to drag you back ourselves." Hobi laughs.

Lisa shakes her head before putting a piece of steak in her mouth. "Let's not bring that up anymore. I feel anxious talking about me running away while Jeon's parents are here."

"It's no biggie, dear. Me and my husband completely understand why you did that." Dara assured her.

"So, what happened after the night you met?" Jaehyun asked. Making everyone stare at him.

Jaehyun pressed his lips together. "Oh, were family members only the ones allowed to ask questions? Okay, I'll shut my mouth now."

"Of course not, Jaehyun." Lisa says while suppressing her laugh. "And to answer your question, Jeon went back to Korea soon after we met that night."

"That was because I needed to notify my employees that I wouldn't be in Seoul for another month since I needed to keep an eye out for you." Jungkook reasoned out.

"Oh, really now?" Lisa said sarcastically.

You made me go through your entire assassination plan only to persuade me to marry you, amateur.

"That was also when I found out that Kang's men were trailing her." Jungkook told them. "I never left her side since. And even if I did, I would instruct my men to keep a close watch on her."

This made Lisa pause.

She raised her head to meet his gaze. Giving him questioning looks. But Jungkook only winked at her in response before proceeding to eat.

So, he was actually really trying to look after her?

She never even realized that. And yet, she pushed him away so many times.

"Tell us about your relationship." Taehyung acknowledged. "I'm still confused with your set-up."

"I'm surprised to hear that from you, oppa. You, of all people, should know the answer to that question. We're in the same boat, after all."

Taehyung and Jennie exchanged glances. While she drank her champagne, he cleared his throat and averted his gaze.

"Then at least explain it to us, Lali." Chaerin urged.

"What more do you want me to say? Jeon and I have a unique bond. It's complicated to elaborate." she explained.

"We still don't get why you agreed to marry him." Yoongi indicated.

Lisa nonchalantly shrugged. "Let's be honest here. It was something that needed to be done. I may have fled to avoid it, but I can't run away from my responsibility forever. It was bound to happen either way."

With that, everyone grew silent.

She made a point there. Everything she stated was true. All they have to do is accept it.

"What if the choice was yours?"

All heads turned to Duho within a matter of seconds. Everyone waited for his complete statement.

"I'm saying I'll let you decide. Choose whether or not you still want to marry him."

Lisa sent a menacing stare at her father. "And the consequences?"

"Nothing, I simply want you to make a choice." her father answered.

Chaerin glared at her husband. "What nonsense are you spewing? Do you want to be strangled by your own daughter in front of everyone?" she chastised him in a tone that only the two of them could hear.

Duho didn't paid attention to his wife. "So, what's it gonna be? Will you still marry him, Lalisa?"

Jiyong turned to Jungkook. "Son? Your thoughts?"

Jungkook fixed his gaze on his fiancée. "Her call."

Lisa's brothers were in a chaos as a result of this.

"What the heck? Of course you shouldn't marry him." Namjoon spoke out right away.

"Don't pressure her, Namjoon. Let her decide on her own." Yoongi reprimanded his brother.

Hoseok scratched his nape. "I don't know, hyung. I'm with Namjoon. I also think she shouldn't marry him." he then turned to Jungkook. "No offense, Jungkook-ah."

"Right? It'd be stupid to let this chance go, Lis." Namjoon agreed with Hobi.

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "You're the one who's stupid. Do you think our sister didn't think this through? She would not have accepted his proposal in the first place if she didn't genuinely want to."

"So, are you saying she has genuine feelings for him?" Namjoon shot back.

"I didn't said that." Yoongi stated with clenched teeth.

Jennie glanced at Lisa to check up on her. "Lis? You okay?"

But to no avail, Lisa remained silent.

Jennie nudged Taehyung with her elbow, causing him to look at her and pause on chewing his food. She squeezed her lips together to keep her laughter from coming out. She then gestured him to make his brothers stop.

Taehyung swallowed his food before turning his attention to his brothers, who were still arguing. He let out a sigh before doing what he was told.

"Let's just wait for Lisa to decide." he spoke, making them snap their heads to him.

But instead, Namjoon asked him. "Do you agree with this, Tae?"

"I'll only agree with Lisa, hyung. And I'll respect her decision. Whatever it may be."

Hobi scowled. "I can't believe this. You're seriously saying that it's okay to force her in a marriage? Again?"

"Hoseok, listen to your brother. He's right. Whether we like it or not, we have to respect your sister's decision." Chaerin consulted her son.

"Hobi didn't said anything wrong though." Namjoon protested.

"Hyung, just stop." Tae said, more like demanded.

That made Namjoon frown. "What did I do?"

"Stop adding fuel to the fire." Tae firmly stated.

"I'm not doing anything for fúck's sake!"

A loud thud made everyone froze.

They all looked at Lisa's direction and noticed the knife she was using to cut her steak was firmly stabbed on her plate. Breaking it into pieces.

The silence earlier can not be compared to the silence that engulfed them right now. It was too life-threatening to even blink.

"Dude, are we fúcked?" DK whispered to Mingyu.

"What do you think?" Mingyu replied.

DK let out a grunt. "Fúck, why am I even here?"

Lisa looked at her brothers one by one. Until finally, her sharp gaze landed on her father.

"I really don't understand you. You forced me into this engagement five years ago without my consent. And now that I'm doing it willingly on my own, you're asking me to make a decision. How much longer are you going to test me? Does it ever occur to you that maybe one of the reasons why I ran away is because I'm so sick of being controlled by you?"

Alas, her father was at a loss for words.

"The decision has been made." she took in a deep breath. "The ring stays."

Jungkook grinned. He raised his glass to her before gulping his champagne down all at once. He then rose from his seat and walked up to her.

"Let me take those away, Sin." he said before picking up the broken pieces of the plate one by one. "I wouldn't want a single scratch on your skin."

Lisa smiled at this. "By all means."

Jungkook looked down on her. "Want me to get you another one? You didn't finish your steak."

"Yes, please."

Jungkook smiled before gently pinching her cheek. "Okay, I'll be right back." he said before turning around and going to the kitchen.

Lisa returned her attention to everyone after that.

They were all staring at her, dumbfounded.

She clasps her hands together before exhaling.

"I think that's enough questions for tonight. Let's just continue eating, okay?"

"Okay!"

Everything went smoothly after that, praise to God.

Following dinner, the guys proceeded to Jungkook's study to drink and discuss business and who knows what else. But, if Lisa were to be completely honest, it appears like they summoned her fiancé there to torment him.

Which leaves the ladies on their own.

Chaerin and Dara were chatting in the kitchen while eating all of the desserts. While Lisa and Jennie were enjoying a drink on their own in the living room.

"So, how is it living with my brother?" Lisa asked as she poured wine into Jennie's glass.

"It's fine. We're like a normal couple living in the same roof. Though we're not really a couple."

Lisa nibbled on her wine. "What makes you say that?"

"The first person we would see in the morning is each other, sometimes he would make breakfast for me, we eat lunch and dinner together, we read books in his study, and so many other things." Jennie enumerated before drinking her wine. "We're basically like a married couple. Except we don't sleep in the same bed."

"Why? You plan to be celibate forever? I'm telling you, have mercy on my brother. He has needs."

Jennie hit her in the arm. "Yah, Lalisa!"

Chuckling, Lis finished her wine in one go. "I'm just saying, you'll be married to him for the rest of your life. You can't sleep in separate beds forever."

"And I'm not planning to!" Jennie countered.

Lisa grinned mischievously. "Oh, so you will sleep with him?"

Jennie's mouth hung open. "That's not—Why are we even talking about this?"

"We'd be crazy not to, right? We're basically the ladies that got married off to attractive bachelors through arranged marriage."

"I'm waiting to be legally married to your brother before sharing a bed with him." Jennie clarified.

"Alright, I'll give you that." Lisa decided to let it go. "Anyhow, don't you find it difficult to be with him?"

Jennie looked at her, puzzled. "With Tae? God, no." she strongly denies. "He's nice. He's really trying to make our relationship—or whatever this is, work."

"Really? That's good then. Frankly speaking, I expected you to have trouble getting to know him because he isn't much of a talker." Lisa admitted as she poured herself another round of wine.

"Not at all. In fact, he's getting more talkative compared to before."

Lisa clinked their glasses together. "That's progress, eonnie. Keep that up and you won't feel bad about marrying him anymore. I mean, let's be honest. The only thing annoying about Taehyung oppa is that he barely speaks and his face is always blank. It's like talking to a wall. Fortunately, his good looks compensate for it."

They both laughed.

"What about you, Lis?" Jennie queried.

Lisa's eyebrow arched. "What about me?"

"What exactly is your relationship with Jeon Jungkook?"

Lisa stared at her for one minute. "I'm not planning to be celibate, that's for sure."

Jennie's eyes widened and she can't help but burst out laughing. So, Lis did too.

"I mean, have you seen the guy? He's like a whole fúcking meal." Lisa quickly covered her mouth and checked her surroundings to see if Jeon was around. "Opps, I'm not allowed to curse."

Jennie's brows furrowed. "What?"

They ended up laughing once again.

° ° °

"Thank you again for having us, Jungkook-ah." Chaerin expressed her gratitude as Jungkook walk them through the elevator.

"It's my pleasure to have you, auntie Chaerin."

"We'll entrust our daughter to your care." his in-law added.

He laughed awkwardly before turning to Duho.

He bowed. "Take care on your way home, Mr. Sin."

Duho rolled his eyes before looking at his wife. "Are we seriously leaving our daughter with him?"

Chaerin also rolled her eyes. "Leave them be. And it's your daughter who refuses to go home."

That was true. Lisa and Jennie had too much wine which resulted the both of them drunk. And for some reason, Lisa didn't want to leave his couch.

"I'll take care of your daughter." he assured his in-laws. "And if you want, I could take her home later when she's sober."

"That'd be great. Although, I'm not sure if she'll be sober anytime soon." Chaerin gave a wicked grin. "Either way, I'll let you handle her."

Jungkook nodded. "I promise not to disappoint you, auntie Chaerin."

"You better not." Chaerin smiled before pushing her husband's wheelchair inside the elevator.

It was his parents' turn to bid him goodbye.

Dara embraced him. "Happy birthday again, my dear son."

"Thanks, mom."

His mother distanced herself from him. "You take care of Lisa, okay?"

He mentally rolled his eyes. "For the thousand time, yes."

That was all his mom needed to hear before she boarded the elevator, where Chaerin and Duho were still waiting.

Jiyong patted his son's back. "Take care, son."

Jungkook smiled and watched his dad get on the elevator too. "You too, dad."

When the elevator doors finally closed, he walked to the living room to check on his fiancée.

And there she was. Laying sideways on his couch, her bended arm supporting her head.

He smiled just by seeing her. "Hey, Sin."

"Hey, Jeon." she greeted back in a husky tone.

Jungkook sat on the coffee table in front of her. "Do you feel dizzy?"

Lisa shakes her head. "Not at all."

He tilts his head. "You're not drunk?"

"Nope," she said, popping the 'p' part. "I just acted like I am so my parents would let me stay."

He laughed. "You what?"

She smiled at him. "Did I mention that Jin sent you a gift?"

"No, I'm surprised he even knew it's my birthday."

Lisa pointed the bottle of wine on his right. "That came with a paper bag. Which I've already assembled with all of your other gifts."

Jungkook took the bottle and examined it. "Hmm, expensive. I'll give him that."

She rolled her eyes. "Of course, it's expensive."

He raised the bottle. "You up for another drink?"

"Thirsting."

After opening the bottle in the kitchen, Jungkook returned to the living room with two wine glasses.

"How was tonight?" Lisa asked as she watched him pour wine into their glasses.

"Entertaining than I expected." he answered before handing her a glass and sitting on the floor in front of her.

"Why is that?"

"Just—" he paused. "because."

Lisa shakes her head before taking a sip from her drink. "I'm sorry about what happened earlier at dinner."

"The dinner was fantastic, Sin. You don't have to apologize for anything."

"Still. I stabbed my plate in front of my in-laws. They must think I'm a psycho."

"Shh," Jungkook brushed his thumb across her lips. "You were perfect in there. And I wouldn't mind getting married to a psycho."

"I should thank God for how lucky I am."

He caressed her cheek. "I'm the one who's lucky."

"Really? Then would you mind telling me what you guys talked about in your study?"

He stilled for a split second before he leaned his back on the couch. "Business things."

"You know for a fact that I don't believe that."

He snickered before meeting her eyes again. "I did great in there. You don't have to worry about it."

"I just don't want you to be bullied by my brothers. Specially my father."

"It's natural to be despised by my father-in-law. He's the King of Seoul. And yet, I have the audacity to take his only Princess away from him."

She laughs. "You know that he's not really the King of Seoul, right? That's just a stupid thing people decided to call him. And besides," she reached for his hair and gently stroked it. "you're my King now."

He raised his glass. "Cheers to that, my Queen."

Lisa clinked their glasses and they drank together.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Lisa placed her glass on the coffee table before she left the couch, barefooted.

Jungkook scowled as his gaze followed her. "Where are you going?"

"Just stay there." Lisa exclaimed from the kitchen.

She returned a few minutes later with a large bouquet of tiger lilies and a small paper bag in her hands. "Tada~"

Jungkook laughed and stood up, placing his glass on the coffee table next to hers.

She handed him the bouquet first. "Suppose you still have a few minutes 'til your birthday ends, I wanted to be the last person to greet you a happy birthday and give you a present."

"I didn't expect you to be so romantic." he smirked before taking the bouquet.

Lisa pursed her lips. "I just wanted to give my man flowers, what's so wrong with that?"

"There's nothing wrong with that at all. You can fill my entire place with flowers and I wouldn't give a damn if it'll make my penthouse messy. I'll take whatever flowers you bring me."

His words warmed her heart. With this, Lisa tiptoed to reach him and kissed his neck. Taking him by surprise.

"Please love me."

That made him stop breathing. "What?" he asked, making sure he heard her right.

"I meant your birth flower." Lisa flashed him a strange smile. "It means 'please love me', right?"

Jungkook nodded absentmindedly. "Yeah."

"I like it, it sounds romantic." innocently, she implied. "Anyway, this is my gift."

Lisa gave him the small paper bag, which he gratefully accepted.

And when he opened it, he was speechless at what he saw inside. "This is..."

Smiling, Lisa took one of the Rolex watches and put it on him. "Happy birthday, Jeon."

"A couple watch?" he asked her, stunned.

She offered him her wrist. "Put on mine."

Jungkook was more than happy to do so.

"Do you like it?" she asked after he put hers on.

"Fúcking love it." he responded while admiring his watch.

She smiled. "I'm glad you do. I wanted to give you something that would connect us both."

He grinned cheekily before setting down everything he was holding. He then took her hand and led her to the glass panes.

And without saying anything, he pulled her closer to him and began swaying their bodies together.

"How did you know it was my birthday?" he whispered in her ear.

She bit her lower lip to suppress her laugh. "After what happened at the grocery store, I told Jimin to run a background check on you."

"Oh, Sin. You didn't have to do that. Ask me anything and I'll tell you everything you want to know."

She raised her head to meet his eyes. "Really?"

"Shoot." he urged her.

She rested her face on his chest and closed her eyes. "Tell me about your past relationships."

"I never had a serious one." he deadpan answered.

"Why?"

"Girls only want me because of my looks and wealth. At first, I thought it was a good thing. Being young and all that. However, as I grew older, it became a nuisance. I soon realized that those were the only reasons why girls admired me. As a result, I avoided women ever since."

"It's a good thing I'm not after your money then."

"Even if you spend all of my money, I'll be grateful." he muttered.

She yawned. "How come you despise women who want your money yet want to lavish me with it?"

"Because you're the only woman I'll consider my wife." he replied, planting a soft kiss on her neck.

Because of the way they swayed together, Lisa began to feel drowsy. "Tell me something I don't know." she mumbled, and thankfully, he could still understand her.

"The first time I met your brothers, I already suspected that they were the ones behind of your disappearance." he confessed. "But I didn't said anything."

"Why? Because you didn't care?" she asked in a sleepy tone.

"I respected their decision. They love you enough to set you free, even if it means they will never see you again." he sighed. "That's why I never bothered to look for you for the past five years. Because I didn't want to be the person who takes away your freedom."

"Keep talking." she urged him.

"I had a million thoughts in my head when I saw you on the rooftop that night. I didn't know what to do. But I had this instinct that I shouldn't lose you. So, I decided to stay by your side ever since."

She lifted her head to meet his eyes. "Why do you sound so guilty?"

"Because I am." he answered. "I'm guilty for asking you to marry me. I feel like I'm taking your freedom once again."

Lisa held his cheek. "Jeon, you're not taking away my freedom. I want this. I agreed to this."

"Because you have to. But would you still marry me even if you're not acquired to do so?"

"Why are you suddenly asking me this? Is there a problem, Jeon?" she asked worriedly.

He looked away from her. "The problem is I think we shouldn't have met that night."

She held his chin and forced him to look at her.

"I think that rooftop was the one place on earth where we should've met. And I wouldn't want to think otherwise."

Jungkook held her chin. "Why did you agree to my proposal?"

A soft smile etched on her lips. "Because you're Jeon Jungkook. And I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with someone else."

"Really?"

She nodded. "Really."

And with that, he swiftly carried her in his arms, bridal-styled.

Lisa shrieked. "Fu—Put me down, Jeon!"

He gave her a sly grin. His previous melancholy demeanor had vanished.

"It's unlikely for a lady to walk around barefooted."

That prompted her to pause. Those were his exact words when he carried her on the night of the charity gala in Melbourne.

Jungkook triumphantly smiled after getting her to stop talking.

He then walked towards a drawer and effortlessly fished out his car keys while still carrying her.

Lisa frowned when he went inside the elevator. "Where are you taking me?"

"I'm taking you home before I lose control."

She pursed her lips and leaned her head against his chest. "Jeon?"

"Hmm?" her fiancé hummed in response.

"Just so you know, I don't plan to be celibate for the rest of my life."

It took him a moment to process down her words.

And when it dawned to him, he stared at her with wide eyes.

"W-what?"

° ° °

SEE YOU SOON.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

609K 24.4K 51
Meet Han Y/n, a seemingly ordinary teenager leading a content life with her mother. Everything appeared perfect until their lives took an unexpected...
203K 14.2K 83
Who would've thought a colorful street with a party atmosphere had a mystery going on? It all started when one of their close friends was found dead...
9.9K 657 33
The world where nothing seems to be real. The world were impossible is possible. The world where legends are told but history is forgotten. The stor...
49.8K 2.7K 42
If all it is is 8 letters, why is it so hard to say? ............... Kim Taehyung and Kim Jisoo. Those names are known by almost every student in an...