Colliding Ambition

By BroachAngel12

Book 1 in the Colliding Series One Dream, Two Ambitions Katherine Mitchell has grown up around hockey, with... More

Characters + Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Out now; Colliding Friendship

Chapter 19

27.2K 436 562
By BroachAngel12

*NOT EDITED*

⚠️TW⚠️
Mentions:
-Drugs
-Attempted Rape

"Do I have to go to this party?" Lexi asks at the doorway of my room━which has yet to be unpacked by me.

"Oh c'mon Lex, you haven't went to a party in a while and I want to go to one with you." I whine as I look into my closet. "Plus it's to celebrate our win."

"Have you made a decision?" She adds.

I know exactly what she's asking, "Made a decision about what?"

After todays game and win, I walked out of the steam room and was met by a man in a suit━Gabriel Montgomery, a scout for the Chicago North Stars. Yup, he offered me a contract. I answered him with the same reply I did for Iris. Of course Lexi had been with me when he offered.

"Katherine, you've gotten 2 contract offers."

"Thank you Captain Obvious, I said I was waiting for other teams." I say absently as I look around my closet for something to wear.

These parties aren't very fancy, it's just a frat party so I end up grabbing a pair of dark washed jeans for bottoms, and for a top I decided on a deep red ribbed cropped long sleeve. As for my hair I just decided to leave the curls from today.

I look at the weather app on my phone, still cold out. I groan, no snow yet. 

I may be crazy for preferring Winter over Summer but c'mon, with summer comes constant heatthere's only so much clothing you can take off until your butt naked, even then it'd probably still be hot as fuckbugs are a thing in summer, yes there good stuff about about summer but in winter there is snow, hot chocolate, Christmas lights and Christmas, sitting in front of the fireplace with thousands of blankets, and the obvious one it's hockey season.

I leave my room and see Lexi waiting on the couch. She's wearing black skinny jeans, a dark purple silk halter top and leather knee high boots.

"Ready to go?" I ask going over to the entrance while putting my phone into my back pocket. I open the closet and grab some tall black ankle boots and a leather jacket.

I hear the tv turn off and Lexi's boots walking towards me, "Yup."

This party is at one of the frat houses, risky yes, but surprisingly our frat houses aren't...what's the word. Crazy? I don't know but these parties are like any other.

As the taxi approaches the house and there are people out on the lawn and walking into the house. I lean up front and hand him the money. He thanks us.

Walking into the house, the music is blasting. I hook my arm around Lexi's arm and navigate through the flooding people. Then were in the kitchen where the alcohol is, I grab a red solo cup and pours some vodka in it with some coke.

"Is Brayden here?" I ask sipping my drink as Lexi finishes making hers.

Lexi looks around then shrugs, "I guess not."

I frown, "Where is he tonight?" She doesn't talk about Brayden as much any more, and when she does it's sadness that shines through in her voice.

"He said he had to study for a midterm and probably couldn't come." She finishes making her drink and take a huge sip.

"Okay well we're not here to pout we're here to have fun." I smile as I go and hook my arm around her. "This reminds me of college, how crazy we'd party. Oh I remember that one party that got busted from the cops, Bradly Anderson ran from them and we hit on them." I say to distract her and it works because she throws her head back and laughs.

I join as we go through the bodies. Then we're in some sort of lounge/cinema room. Instead of recliners there are black couches in rows behind one another, like a cinema room, they're all in front of a flat screen tv which is playing low music. The same music that playing all around the house.

There are a couple people around, Reid is in the back sitting on the couch kissing a girl. Chase is leaning against the wall talking to Kai and Mick. Then I look at one of the middle couches and see Rohan kissing a girl, unlike Reid, the girl Rohan is kissing is sitting on his lap, like eating his face.

Then a pang hits my heart when my eyes land on them. But it confuses me because I've felt this pang before, but I don't remember what it means.

Jealousy. I realize the pang that's happening in my chest is...jealousy. But that confuses me even more because why would I feel jealous of Rohan?

My eyes widen because I'm not jealous of Rohan but the girl he's kissing. 

What the fuck?

I ignore how I'm feeling and yell, "Do you need some Chapstick, Cap?!" I have a innocent smile on my face, taunting him is pushing the jealousy aside.

He detaches his lips from the girl and hazily looks over at me, "Shut up!" He shouts, flipping me off as he goes back to kissing her face. 

"Kitty! Lexi Loo!" Chase booms, walking towards us. He's swaying a bit, but he's not drunk because I've seen him drunk. He literally stumbles when walking and his eyes are slits and he's extra flirty and funny. Right now he's just all smiles and swaying which tells me it's his first drink.

I take a chug of my drink as Chase goes up to Lexi but she speaks, "Lexi Loo? What happened to Lexi Wexi?" She asks crossing one arm over her chest, leaning her other on over it and bringing the solo cup to her lips.

Chase furrows his brows then his face twisted into a smirk, "I could call you Buttercup?" 

I look over at Lexi just as her face contorts into horror, "Fuck no!" She says sternly. Chases smirk is stronger, "Don't you dare." She points a finger at Chase.

I stifle a laugh because if I know anything about Chase is that when he makes up his mind there is no changing it. Hence his nick name for me.

She's narrowing her eyes at Chase. Then her face lights up, "Okay then Casanova." 

My eyes widen so do Chases. Then I can't stifle my laugh, I'm in a fit of then as they each stare daggers at each other.

"Hey Katherine." I hear a male voice from behind me, I turn around and see Cohan in the doorway. I smile as I walk up to him and hug him, he hugs me back.

"What's up Cohan, haven't seen you in a while." I say taking a sip.

I think the last time I was him was Thursday at school

"Hey why weren't you in class on Friday?" 

He looks behind me briefly before looking back at me, "I had an...appointment to go to," He says the word 'appointment' like a virus.

I furrow my brows, "Why'd you say it like that?"

His eyes go back to behind me and when I look back at first I don't see anything but then my eyes land on Rohan. The girl is still on his lap is kissing his neck but his holly focus is either on me or Cohan I can't tell. A muscle in his jaw ticks.

If I didn't know any better I'd say he looks...jealous?

No he can't be...he literally has a girl on his lap kissing him.

I swivel my head back around and look at Cohan. I quickly take a sip of my drink, returning my attention to Cohan. I repeat my question because for some reason his tone is nagging me, "Why'd you say 'appointment' like that?" 

He takes a slow sip, deciding on his answer which confuses me. He finally speaks but in a hushed voice, "Monday I had this hookup, it went around that she had a infection so I went to the clinic."

I furrow my brows. 

This may sound mean but Delcour is a pretty gossip University so if a girl had an infection it would've been news around, but there hasn't been but then again they could've kept it quiet.

Okay then whatever.

"I can lend you the notes for the lecture." I say taking a sip, I look down and see that I'm almost done.

Cohan takes notice, "Let's go get you a refill." He suggest.

I look back at Lexi, she's in a conversation with Chase, Kai and Mick. When she looks at me I motion to my drink and to Cohan, she nods.

We both walk out of the lounge and towards the kitchen, I down the rest of my drink on our way. As we bypass our way to the kitchen people from classes are saying 'hi' as well as hockey players.

When we do get in the kitchen Cohan grabs my solo cup, "What do you like?"

"Vodka and coke." I say leaning against the counter and look at the people around us. But the thing is the kitchen is literally empty, I can see people through open doorways though.

I had zoned out watching people when Cohan handed me my drink, "Thanks." I say taking a sip. "You know the parties here are way different then the ones at Columbia."

When Cohan doesn't say anything I look over and see him giving me a look that gives off a weird vibe. "You know, I used to be obsessed with hockey, more importantly James Mitchell." 

I furrow my brows. Hockey? He told me he like basketball when I asked if he liked hockey.

He keeps going, "I'd read a lot about him, then I came across a article with a picture of you, your dad and mom," He waits for me to nod in acknowledgment, but I don't because there are tons of photos of me and my parents. When I don't answer he explains, "This one photo at what looked like a hockey charity event the Bruins were hosting, you were about 15 and wearing a blush pink gown, layered but went down to your knees, it had thin straps..." He trails off.

Wait? I remember that gown, I wore it at a Bruins sick kids Charity. "Okay...so you saw a picture of me?" I ask slowly. I take a sip of my drink but it taste funny, then again he probably use a different type of vodka, I look behind him and see more than one brand.

"After that I researched everything I could about you," He chuckles darkly sending the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up. "You were born in Queens Hospital on March 18 2002. Went to private schools, played hockey your entire life, straight A's."

I'm speechless, then I feel my head starting to hurt.

I have no clue what he's getting at. Part of me is saying that maybe he just was a really big fan of dad and searched everything he could about his life and that's how he knows all this. But another part of me is saying this isn't normal.

He continues, "I applied to Columbia, but didn't get accepted so I came here, and then I see that you got transferred here, coincidence huh? Anyway, before you transferred I was coming to terms that we'd never meet, that I'd never meet the love of my life."

Woah wait? Love of his life?

My mouth falls open, I go to say something but he speaks again. "So I started to get close, working up the courage to ask you out, then you friend zone me and I know once your there there is no getting out, and I see the way you and Rohan are together."

I shake my head, "We're nothing, I mean there is nothing going on." Is what I say. Why is that the only thing my mind registers?

Oh shit, what he just said just registers.

Likes me.

Loves me.

Asking me out.

My head is now spinning with this information. 

He ignores what I said, "I've been wracking my brain on things to do to get out of the friend zone, convince you to like me. And I came to the conclusion that the only way is to show you, and I couldn't wait anymore."

Wait no, my head isn't spinning from the information...I feel my body start to go weak. 

"I'm sorry it had to be like this but you will understand Katherine, once you realize how much I love you, then you'll like me, hopefully love me." He says with a frown.

"Cohan, what are you tal" I can't finish because I drop my drink and my knees give out but before I hit the ground Cohan catches me. My whole body is too weak to move, I'd say I'm paralyzed but I can feel. 

He drugged me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5M 152K 63
𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐫𝐞𝐜...
1.2M 40.6K 57
"I'd much rather have my head between her legs than yours." *** SEQUEL TO CONTRONYM Life is never kind to the broken. Then again, aren't we all brok...
990K 22.5K 35
I had to flee. To escape. I couldn't take the pain of people telling me to be okay. That I was a survivor. But what about me being a victim? All bec...
2.8M 69K 48
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝Our eyes met, Our bodies touched, Our hearts fell.....all the way down in love,❞ A Shy Senior Year College Girl A P...